Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? (19915 Views)

How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom / Scammer Who Impersonates Prince Ned Nwoko On Facebook Arrested / Scammer Who Met Lady On Badoo Tells Police How Many Times He Slept With Her.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by obembet(f): 3:58pm On May 29, 2022
Have you ever tried to annoy a scammer who called you? If so, what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB_uCwMo2Gk

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by blazingblender(m): 4:03pm On May 29, 2022
Scammer never call be
Before
But I have been scammed Sha
Ohh yeah now I remember scammer don call me before
But I no wise that time na why de scam me

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by MITCHELL96: 4:04pm On May 29, 2022
Yeah, So Many Times, But this particular one was a chat

Y'all know all these Binomo scammers grin

The dude messaged me on Facebook that there's an ongoing investment that if you put 20k, you get 40k, 30K to get 60k and so on

So, as a sharp person, I knew it was a scam and I wanted to have some fun grin

I told him that I'm so broke, that I'd love to do the 50K own, Dude was so happy, dude even prayed for me, he said "I PRAY ALMIGHTY GOD REFILLS & RESTORES WHEREVER THIS MONEY IS COMING FROM WITH PLENTY MONEY" grin grin (See as Scammer oo dey whine me with fake prayers) grin

Omo, naso I laugh for my mind oo as I continue chatting with him, I told him that he should give me small time, (This was to make everything look real to him)

So like after 1-2 hours, I Messaged him that I've sent 50K, he said I should give him few minutes maybe network is delaying it from arriving in his phone, dude waited and didn't see anything grin

He asked me to send screenshot, I told him "OK" that he should wait, I quickly tore a Sheet of paper from my hard cover note book and wrote and all those stuffs that usually appear on a debit/credit alerts messages even drew something like UBA bank's LEO and snapped it with my phone and sent it to him, Omo my nigga para oo grin grin I just sent him "TFU" meaning Thunder Fire You and Blocked him immediately, the thing pain am ehnn grin

Till today, I still have that paper incase I encounter same scam format grin but it seems the format is no more Paying grin because dem never reach my side again

This happened in 2020 April grin

241 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Abfinest007(m): 4:14pm On May 29, 2022
Yes he called me on a Saturday morning pretending to be bank worker he asked "are you Mr so and so I said yes,then he said I'm calling from ur bank I asked him which bank

He ended call by saying"ur father someone that was speaking good English end up by saying ur father

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Unzerious: 4:22pm On May 29, 2022
Na so I receive text, say dem wan make I campaign for 2023 General Election, omo werey like me think say na Jagaban Boys grin

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Cerebellum: 5:19pm On May 29, 2022
Unzerious:
Na so I receive text, say dem wan make I campaign for 2023 General Election, omo werey like me think say na Jagaban Boys grin

Hahagrin

With this your lie ehn, you're a number one scammergrin

I have numerous scammers parading my DM, it reached a time I stopped opening such messages to read.
Nah wereys full naija

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by lawrenzooo: 5:33pm On May 29, 2022
It was back in 2020 i was with a friend that was into MTN sim registeration when the scammer called after the back and forth i told him guy find another person to scam and he replied "idiot na your papa be scammer" i just told him make i show you say my papa na scammer.

Then my friend was activating his preregistered sim so we would put N100 and call the scammers number and i wouldnt say anything the man just kept on shouting Hello Hello and i was mute after like 30 seconds i would terminate the call and call with another line. I did that with over 50 sims, on one of the occasion he was telling his patner tha Omo e be like say my phone don spoil, then i replied him that your phone no spoil shey u say my papa na scammer i say make i show you wetin scammer pigin fit do and below was his reply

Ahhh bros so na you dey call me with different line... I know say i don offend the gods today. No vex abeg.

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by dominique(f): 5:46pm On May 29, 2022
From calling her "mummy" to "ashawo" within the space of 2 minutes just because she refused to disclose her account details, these scammers no get joy. I like the way the woman gave him hot hot grin

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Unzerious: 6:01pm On May 29, 2022
Cerebellum:

Hahagrin

With this your lie ehn, you're a number one scammergrin

I have numerous scammers parading my DM, it reached a time that I stopped opening such messages to read.
Nah wereys full naija

Baba I no fit Lie gan, I dey play Politics on a Steady.
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by TheKrakon: 6:17pm On May 29, 2022
Him say him go give baba my number that night make hime blind me.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Pathokpo: 8:09pm On May 29, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Yeah, So Many Times, But this particular one was a chat

Y'all know all these Binomo scammers grin

The dude messaged me on Facebook that there's an ongoing investment that if you put 20k, you get 40k, 30K to get 60k and so on

So, as a sharp person, I knew it was a scam and I wanted to have some fun grin

I told him that I'm so broke, that I'd love to do the 50K own, Dude was so happy, dude even prayed for me, he said "I PRAY ALMIGHTY GOD REFILLS WHEREVER THIS MONEY IS COMING FROM WITH PLENTY MONEY" grin grin

Omo, naso I laugh for my mind oo as I continue chatting with him, I told him that he should give me small time, (This was to make everything look real to him)

So like after 1-2 hours, I Messaged him that I've sent 50K, he said I should give him few minutes maybe network is delaying it from arriving in his phone, dude waited and din't see anything grin

He asked me to send screenshot, I told him "OK" that he should wait, I quickly tore a shit of paper from my hard cover note book and wrote and all those stuffs that usually appear on a debit/credit alerts messages including and snapped it with my phone and sent it to him, Omo my nigga para oo grin grin I just sent him "TFU" meaning Thunder Fire You and Blocked him immediately, the thing pain am ehnn grin

Till today, I still have that paper incase I encounter same scam format grin but it seems the format is no more Paying grin

This happened in 2020 April grin

And those stammer dem get bad mouth pass anything and can move from 0 to100 percent easily

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Isaac9586(m): 9:14pm On May 29, 2022
TheKrakon:
Him say him go give baba my number that night make hime blind me.

grin
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Festurr(m): 9:15pm On May 29, 2022
The last scammer that called me, I wasted his call card telling him if the business is legit, so he could explain further.. my guy tire after he realized I'm not serious with him

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Zispa: 9:16pm On May 29, 2022
undecided
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by cremedelacreme: 9:16pm On May 29, 2022
I do it often if I have the time. One called me recently and talked about the usual account is blocked as a result of BVN bla bla bla. I pretended to be playing along by begging him to assist me lift the block on the account. Dude asked for my ATM PAN (the 16 digits no on your debit cards) I gave him but interchanged one of the numbers. He kept trying to initiate transfer from my account and it kept failing grin. We were on the call for almost an hour, made sure I wasted his airtime until I got tired and called him mugu.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Chucks1989(m): 9:16pm On May 29, 2022
Its one of my hobbies

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by iCauseTrouble: 9:16pm On May 29, 2022
grin
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by obxddon(m): 9:16pm On May 29, 2022
One time like that I fooled one of them by denying that I had not seen the code they sent to me. We did this madness for over 15 mins.finally him come know say him Don dive rock....

Peter Obi 2023... Get your PVC

37 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by dadavivo: 9:17pm On May 29, 2022
yes, one called me with this number 09167120293 i blocked it as 419 foool two days ago

and he even mention my full name. that he is now my account officer and he needs to update my account through the phone call.

i was really pissed and started abusing his generation before he quickly cut the call

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 9:17pm On May 29, 2022
The biggest scammer is Buhari and Tinubu. Tinubu has a whooping 33 billion US dollars in his account. He is far richer than Dangote but Forbes will not acknowledge him because he cannot prove the source of his wealth. This cash is the future and lives of so many poor and innocent Nigerians deprived of Nigerian money. The poor pensioners, the teachers, money for developing the country and for health care. Tinubu stole all and continues to steal and render many more Nigerians hopeless.

He is not satisfied. He greedily wants more. A man who in broad day light could loots money meant for all Nigerians even before security officials when he is not in power. Just think for a minute what he is capable of had he the presidential power.

Tinubu has been a hospital patient for the past 3 years. Nigerians used to visit him in hospital beds where he would pee all over the beds. All of a sudden, he jumped out of the hospital to become president. Even athletes who left their sports for a year will be rusty. Tinubu in March this year needed a walking stick. He suffers from bowel and bladder incontinence.

Having another drug baron scammer and thug who fights dirty in power means more suffering for Nigerians. This is not about politics or tribe. We are only going to end up having cabals running the country while tinubu's children who now control lagos, will embezzle the little that we have left.

We need a president who can be put under pressure. Tinubu, without pressure shakes uncontrollably. The people around him are packaging him and wearing him agbada to mask the frail man. He cannot do what it takes. His sole goal is the oil in Niger delta. He has always repeated it. Nigerians should not allow that rotten teeth near aso rock.

the entire country will be polluted by his piss

43 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by yusluvad(m): 9:17pm On May 29, 2022
Severally...
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Mimienudles(f): 9:18pm On May 29, 2022
De way e go take change am for you ehn grin
They usually know when you're fooling them
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Unityp: 9:18pm On May 29, 2022
One scammer sent a friend request on Facebook wayback in 2009 without a profile pix and when I checked mutual friends,he has more than 10 of my office colleagues, so I accepted the request. After 2 days,he chated me up and I said Funke,how are U?(he used Funke who also is a colleague of mine as her name).He replied,I am not fine o.Then I asked what is the the problem?He said he just got robbed by armed robbers on her journey to Lagos .I told her sorry .The next thing he said was that he is stranded now and I should send her mtn recharge card of 1500 so he can sell.Then I became suspicious because the Funke I know will never ask for a recharge card.
Then I asked him,pls which of the Funke is this?I was expecting her to say Funke your colleague and mention my place of work but instead he said "Funke na".Then I knew he was a scammer.
I responded and I said "Oh sorry Funke just hold-on let me send someone to buy the card outside" After about 5mins,I just sent some random no of 16 digits to him.When he loaded it,the network told him its invalid. Then he replied and said it's invalid.Then I responded "O sorry pls,this girl did not scratch this card well and I think I can see the numbers clearly now"I changed one of the digits from the numbers and replaced it with another number.When he tried to load it the second time he was told invalid pin by the network the second time and he replied "invalid again"
I removed another number from the 16 digits and replaced it with another one and after doing this the 4th time,I asked him "Funke I hope they have not block your line?" He replied that they have blocked his line.I said yes,that is very good,next time you will not try to scam someone with meaningless lies.The next thing he did was to start raining curses on himself (not on me).

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by GdexFolami(m): 9:18pm On May 29, 2022
Lool yes o
One called me that one of his sisters(Not mine in Jesus name) had an accident that her phone was locked when they got to the venue but they managed to get my number that I should send them recharge cards to keep me updated. Omo I almost died so I called my mum and she told me to call my sister ,lo and behold I called my sister and she said she’s at home oo eating rice and beans . I picked up my phone ,called them and told them I bought three 500naira rechard cards for them but I ended all the numbers with “419” grin naso the weyrey vex start to curse ,I curse am back in multiple folds. Very stupid heartless set of individuals

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Conwarden: 9:18pm On May 29, 2022
That's my specialty.

I have a PhD in this grin

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . Including paternity fraudsters!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by KillerCrocodile: 9:18pm On May 29, 2022
Who give them my number........ wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Jackbaur88: 9:18pm On May 29, 2022
I played a scammer, wasted his Airtime, the guy abused the hell out of me and in return called me the scammer �

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Dwana96(m): 9:18pm On May 29, 2022
grin
lawrenzooo:
It was back in 2020 i was with a friend that was into MTN sim registeration when the scammer called after the back and forth i told him guy find another person to scam and he replied "idiot na your papa be scammer" i just told him make i show you say my papa na scammer.

Then my friend was activating his preregistered sim so we would put N100 and call the scammers number and i wouldnt say anything the man just kept on shouting Hello Hello and i was mute after like 30 seconds i would terminate the call and call with another line. I did that with over 50 sims, on one of the occasion he was telling his patner tha Omo e be like say my phone don spoil, then i replied him that your phone no spoil shey u say my papa na scammer i say make i show you wetin scammer pigin fit do and below was his reply

Ahhh bros so na you dey call me with different line... I know say i don offend the gods today. No vex abeg.
; �����
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by DoctorDree(m): 9:18pm On May 29, 2022
Especially those idiots that calls
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by masmaskas: 9:19pm On May 29, 2022
sure

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest 29 Deadly Kidnappers, Recover 41 AK-47 Rifles, Others / Police De-Kit, Dismiss Liyomo Okoi Filmed Beating A Man With Machete / Kidnappers Kill Man In Ebonyi, Tamper With Private Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.