Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom (27003 Views)

Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? / Scammer Who Impersonates Prince Ned Nwoko On Facebook Arrested / Scammer Who Met Lady On Badoo Tells Police How Many Times He Slept With Her.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Cloudflare: 10:45am On Jun 02, 2023
Yesterday I decided to pay a visit to my parents before leaving today. Just this morning an unknown number called my mom and introduce himself as a Bank customer care. My mom handed over the phone to me because she doesn't understand what the caller was saying (the call kept disconnecting). The Werey scammer kept flashing because he doesn't have airtime.

Seems he finally bought airtime and called. I answered the call and demanded to know who he was, the guy told me to give the phone to the owner which I told him you're a scammer Abi? U dey find who u wan scammer this early morning?

caller: God punish you idiot, I say give the phone to the owner πŸ˜‚

Me: your Papa! Fool. U no go go find work and help your miserable life. Thunder fire you there.

Omo, we kept exchanging words and we started exchanging insults in Bini language until the Werey ended the call. I still wasn't satisfied and then called him with my own phone, the guy picked up and the insults continued πŸ˜‚ until he ended it again and blocked my number grin

Guys, tell your parents not to answer any call from any so-called Bank customers, they're all scammers.

This is the scammers number 08131146579

258 Likes 26 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by ahnie: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2023
May all scammers never end well.
Slawomiir and failure2019 take note.

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by southsouthking(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2023
You were too in a haste to Insult him.
Why not engage with him a little bit since you already know he's a scammer so that the Ozuor Small card when him buy with #100 naira go finish.
That one go pain am pass the insult.

294 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by MisterBanny(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2023
Job of insiders. But they will meet their Waterloo soon

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by slawomir: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Well done son...who looseguard them maga am
Reason we should keep on updating our family and loved ones on the latest scamming format
You know the most painful thing as a keyboard warrior

Is when your family or loved ones is scammed

That thing dey pain die

Reason I synchronised all the emails linked to my baby sisters and elder sisters bank account to my device...any notification pops up on my device with the speed of light
Because women can be so careless atimes and easily hypnotised, mesmerised, send into a trance and persuaded

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by paymentvoucher: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2023
shocked
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Naijaadvance2: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2023
Yea
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by DesChyko: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2023
ScamHunters

To be on the safe side, just don't accept such calls. However, not all of them are scammers. I once got a call from my bank, who asked if they can kickstart creating an ATM card for me. I replied them that I'm not comfortable doing that over the phone since even them advise against such and they understood, then hung after that.

You try sha use airtime call scammer. The only time I'd entertain them is if I was 100% free and the exchange is not paid for by me πŸ˜‚

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by woteto: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2023
Lol, for me i go talk to them even give fake numbers n login n still dey on call with them dey form helping

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Nlanalyst: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2023
Card wey you supposed waste, you dey form macho.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Akpacha(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2023
U get time de go call scammer with another number, pikin de worry u.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Blacknote: 11:27am On Jun 02, 2023
@Cloudflare,
Shey na Bini language the guy dey use, him na popular Nairalander wey we all know grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by fikayormi(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Slawomiir guys cheesy grin
Awon eyan slawomiir
But on a serious note op next time learn to waste their energies and airtime

No dey rush insult dem straight

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
That was how one called me last week telling me to send my bvn and date of birth that he want to correct something on my account I wasted his call card tired

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by RacistProudIgbo: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
You would've invite him for dinner and ask his needs.

Maybe after eating he will open up.

Guys are hungry.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Sermwell(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
S
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by MrCGPA(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
I called the Number but he refused Picking my calls. Majority of them are Ex Bankers who copied details of Customers.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by GeneralPula: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Also, avoid unfortunate links. They’re many here on nairaland..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by chatinent: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Many bankers in Nigeria are in cahoots with scammers. This is no disrespect to the banking profession.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by carbony4red(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Hmmmmm
I once had this experience too, it was tense but fun knowing that I messed up the scammmers plan.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by FalseProphet1(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
I see that scammer running mad before the end of next week.

This I have seen.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Jokkarm2: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Yesterday I decided to pay a visit to my parents before leaving today. Just this morning an unknown number called my mom and introduce himself as a Bank customer care. My mom handed over the phone to me because she doesn't understand what the caller was saying (the call kept disconnecting). The Werey scammer kept flashing because he doesn't have airtime.

Seems he finally bought airtime and called. I answered the call and demanded to know who he was, the guy told me to give the phone to the owner which I told him you're a scammer Abi? U dey find who u wan scammer this early morning?

caller: God punish you idiot, I say give the phone to the owner πŸ˜‚

Me: your Papa! Fool. U no go go find work and help your miserable life. Thunder fire you there.

Omo, we kept exchanging words and we started exchanging insults in Bini language until the Werey ended the call. I still wasn't satisfied and then called him with my own phone, the guy picked up and the insults continued πŸ˜‚ until he ended it again and blocked my number grin

Guys, tell your parents not to answer any call from any so-called Bank customers, they're all scammers.

This is the scammers number 08131146579

forward it to the bank your mum operate as a suspicious number, they will act.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by JOACHINpedro: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2023
Wait, you called the scammer? shocked
Rich kid

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by RoadMozart(m): 11:29am On Jun 02, 2023
Person wey you suppose use juju swear for

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by DaveHarry(m): 11:29am On Jun 02, 2023
Retards

everywhere!
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Earnrite22: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2023
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House Maid Leads Armed Gang To Rob Her Employer Of β‚¦β€Ž2.8m In Lagos / 11-year-old Girl, Ogochukwu Anichebe Is Missing (Photos) / Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.