Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? (19907 Views)

How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom / Scammer Who Impersonates Prince Ned Nwoko On Facebook Arrested / Scammer Who Met Lady On Badoo Tells Police How Many Times He Slept With Her.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Ofiadiegwu: 7:45am On May 30, 2022
lawrenzooo:
It was back in 2020 i was with a friend that was into MTN sim registeration when the scammer called after the back and forth i told him guy find another person to scam and he replied "idiot na your papa be scammer" i just told him make i show you say my papa na scammer.

Then my friend was activating his preregistered sim so we would put N100 and call the scammers number and i wouldnt say anything the man just kept on shouting Hello Hello and i was mute after like 30 seconds i would terminate the call and call with another line. I did that with over 50 sims, on one of the occasion he was telling his patner tha Omo e be like say my phone don spoil, then i replied him that your phone no spoil shey u say my papa na scammer i say make i show you wetin scammer pigin fit do and below was his reply

Ahhh bros so na you dey call me with different line... I know say i don offend the gods today. No vex abeg.

Funny people full Nigeria.
The scarmers are also reading and laughing to this thread as I am doing here.

My experience is that of calling "from the branch of your bank"...
I usually don't have patience for scarmers at all.
My last experience is where one idiot called me and upon my picking the call, told me he if "Frank" from my bank branch.

He asked if I am mr..... I said yes.
He threw the next question then it dawned on me he is a fraud.
I asked him which bank is he calling from and immediately he lost his confidence and replied me in a harsh tone "don't you know the branch of your bank again"

I lost patience and told him "God purnish you"
While he was retaliating the insult I dropped the call on him.

They usually fall easily when you begin questioning them
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by otabaotaba: 7:53am On May 30, 2022
The mumu scammer called me that he is my bank official and that I should provide some of my details so he can update my account

LoL omo I determined to waste ten minutes of his call by giving him false hope and I succeeded in wasting his 9 minutes
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by blesoh(f): 8:45am On May 30, 2022
One called me about bank stuff, I asked him what bank?
He said GTB, while I don't have anything to do with the said bank. he asked for ATM number gave him a wrong one. I wasted his airtime before he realised I was just playing around,he started abusing me

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by blesoh(f): 8:55am On May 30, 2022
I got a call that I have won 2mil from MTN something something and that I need to unlock my code with airtime of 3k.
I told the Man, shey I have 2mil waiting,he said yes, told him to use 1.5m to settle everything and send me 500k or even send me 100k I wouldn't mind.
The mad man told me I was sick and need help cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by babygirljoy: 9:04am On May 30, 2022
Hey guys check this video out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1huY45D3a6o
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Sion47: 9:32am On May 30, 2022
Where Slawommir
Mr, damm nigger

Abeg chuk mouth for this mata bcus na ur constituency we dey so.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Honestfrend: 10:49am On May 30, 2022
grin grin

Slawommir left d group
Sion47:
Where Slawommir
Mr, damm nigger

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by JONSYN7154: 10:56am On May 30, 2022
Sion47:
Where Slawommir
Mr, damm nigger

He was scammed few days ago
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by whitedove(m): 11:16am On May 30, 2022
The first red flag for me,being a Yoruba person is the 'igbotic accent' from a so called Godwin Adebayo!
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by jacoik(m): 11:18am On May 30, 2022
Unityp:
One scammer sent a friend request on Facebook wayback in 2009 without a profile pix and when I checked mutual friends,he has more than 10 of my office colleagues, so I accepted the request. After 2 days,he chated me up and I said Funke,how are U?(he used Funke who also is a colleague of mine as her name).He replied,I am not fine o.Then I asked what is the the problem?He said he just got robbed by armed robbers on her journey to Lagos .I told her sorry .The next thing he said was that he is stranded now and I should send her mtn recharge card of 1500 so he can sell.Then I became suspicious because the Funke I know will never ask for a recharge card.
Then I asked him,pls which of the Funke is this?I was expecting her to say Funke your colleague and mention my place of work but instead he said "Funke na".Then I knew he was a scammer.
I responded and I said "Oh sorry Funke just hold-on let me send someone to buy the card outside" After about 5mins,I just sent some random no of 16 digits to him.When he loaded it,the network told him its invalid. Then he replied and said it's invalid.Then I responded "O sorry pls,this girl did not scratch this card well and I think I can see the numbers clearly now"I changed one of the digits from the numbers and replaced it with another number.When he tried to load it the second time he was told invalid pin by the network the second time and he replied "invalid again"
I removed another number from the 16 digits and replaced it with another one and after doing this the 4th time,I asked him "Funke I hope they have not block your line?" He replied that they have blocked his line.I said yes,that is very good,next time you will not try to scam someone with meaningless lies.The next thing he did was to start raining curses on himself (not on me).
lolxxxxx hahahaha walahi u get him time. Hunter become the hunted
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Orlu15(m): 12:39pm On May 30, 2022
There's this Scammer that called me pretending to be a bank staff that my BVN bla bla something like that, I told him to hold on lemme call him back. I quickly forward the number to my guy that works with MTN to know who this guy was, which he did and gave me the info I needed. I called the dude back with his full name and DOB, He was surprised how I knew him. I told him that he has earned himself a dance with the devil. After raining courses on him,He started begging that he will never do that again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Finnestgreat: 12:48pm On May 30, 2022
Mine was when d scammer pretended to be a bank staff and told me dat my account has a problem and funny thing was that i just created d account that day and so i played along with him until he asked 4 the pin on my atm,to cut d long story short after i had annoyed d hell out of d scammer he ended d call with YOU ARE MAD and i responded u 2,omo dat day was funny cause i'm sure i finish dat scammer's airtime.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by MoIbrahim: 2:25pm On May 30, 2022
I usually just follow them gently and keep dragging the conversation and burning their credit. On their own, they lose hope and move on grin

If they ask me to call them back, I say okay and ignore. An of they call back, I apologise and continue burning their credit again grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Flamees(m): 3:08pm On May 30, 2022
TheKrakon:
Him say him go give baba my number that night make hime blind me.
LWKMD
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by RealistRedpiler: 3:12pm On May 30, 2022
Hahahhaha hahaha. The way them dey vex eee
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by TheKrakon: 3:43pm On May 30, 2022
Flamees:

LWKMD

What am I to make of this?
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by tjclassix: 4:40pm On May 30, 2022
obembet:
Have you ever tried to annoy a scammer who called you? If so, what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB_uCwMo2Gk

I Sabi waste their credit well well.
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Mryacks: 9:11pm On May 30, 2022
obembet:
Have you ever tried to annoy a scammer who called you? If so, what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB_uCwMo2Gk

Lmao....she got him grin

One texted me sometime ago that they will send me 85k for covid- 19 whatever...I text back that they should use the money and feed his family and generation... grin
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by adedehinbo(m): 2:26pm On May 31, 2022
moneyissweet:
You no wise anything, if I pick my phone and call you, you will not know anything.or think anything other than sending all your money to me until your account balance remain N500

Only then you will come back to your senses,level pass level.

Am not joking

you see now! So you have been doing this to people and proud of it,your actions are the reasons why you later give birth to imbeciles and children that will come and reap what you sow in 10 folds,I can give you my number to try it,you won't be successful and also you have only seven days to live after then. That thing you pay money to do,is given to us for free but we choose not to use it to put people into sorrow
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by ossiken(m): 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2022
Well mine I just wanted to engage the mugu but he quickly decoded my phone rang I saw private number I just decided to answer I said hello the mugu said hello I am speaking from abroad and I asked which abroad the line just went off
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? by Highter1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
lawrenzooo:
It was back in 2020 i was with a friend that was into MTN sim registeration when the scammer called after the back and forth i told him guy find another person to scam and he replied "idiot na your papa be scammer" i just told him make i show you say my papa na scammer.

Then my friend was activating his preregistered sim so we would put N100 and call the scammers number and i wouldnt say anything the man just kept on shouting Hello Hello and i was mute after like 30 seconds i would terminate the call and call with another line. I did that with over 50 sims, on one of the occasion he was telling his patner tha Omo e be like say my phone don spoil, then i replied him that your phone no spoil shey u say my papa na scammer i say make i show you wetin scammer pigin fit do and below was his reply

Ahhh bros so na you dey call me with different line... I know say i don offend the gods today. No vex abeg.
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Pours Hot Water On Co-Wife Over Witchcraft Suspicion In Ilorin / Jos Baby Thief Confesses: I Just Needed A Child To Call Me Mother, / Man Beaten To Death After Girl’s False Rape Claim In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.