Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda (20555 Views)

2023 Presidency: SWAGA Says No To APC Consensus Candidacy / Unity List: Consensus Candidacy Threatens APC February 26 Convention / Elections Debate Group Is APC Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by oikirodah(m): 7:51am On May 30, 2022
I come in peace; this is an essential phrase for this message because I do not want to ruffle any feathers as the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential primaries approach. I've recently emphasized the need for the APC to exercise caution ahead of its presidential primaries.

When I keep harping on Jonathan's presidential bid under the APC, it's because there's a need to be mindful of the political implications.

Here are four reasons why we cannot separate GEJ from the APC flag.

One: The fact that Jonathan picked the presidential form, whether by proxy or otherwise, does not change the fact that it was acquired in his name.

Two: GEJ submitted his presidential nomination form, implying that he is running for president.

Three: A court has stated unequivocally that GEJ is eligible to contest. Every legal hurdle "overcome".

Four: Bayelsa APC has confirmed that Jonathan is a member of the party since way back.

The APC is expected to begin screening tomorrow and has released a list of 23 presidential aspirants, but Jonathan's name is missing.

As I stated previously, Jonathan would be screened and cleared in absentia. So his absence from the list may not be the end of the story, as the strategy to draft GEJ into the presidential contest is still in full swing.

Now that the APC has awarded executive powers to the party's National Working Committee, critical decisions about the presidential election can be made and implemented. So the cabal pushing for Jonathan's presidency has a slew of jokers up its sleeve.

Recall that I also indicated that Gej's presidential bid would be handled in the same way that Obasanjo's third term bid was handled; we all know it was close to the end, but with no evidence to indict Obasanjo, it ended up as a conspiracy theory meanwhile it was defeated. The FAMOUS THIRD TERM AGENDA died as a result of Atiku's presidential ambition.

I have emphasized numerous times that the conflict is between the President, the Cabal, and Tinubu. The erstwhile Lagos State's entry into the contest has made it incredibly difficult for the cabal to change the goalposts now that the game has begun.

You have to make judgments ahead of time before the whistle is blown, and it's even more difficult when one of the contestants is a referee, a coach, and a club administrator all rolled into one.

If there is a cabal, why is Tinubu not a member of it? Tinubu has developed his political desire from the opposition for the past 30 years, and judging by what happened at the PDP convention, you may agree with me that so many things are happening all in an attempt to derail Tinubu's presidential goal.

The only argument anyone can provide is that Tinubu is too powerful, and if that is the case, Tinubu should be allowed to rule. The fact that Buhari was marketed as Mr Integrity, a no-nonsense General who would not bow to anyone, was a key reason we voted for him in 2015. So, what makes Tinubu's case unique?

Stop telling me that someone who refuses to listen to a faceless cabal is at a disadvantage. What do Nigerians require? A Godfather Cabal threatening our president? Let us utilize our heads and think clearly. What do we want ? A puppet or a President? 

Atiku won the PDP presidential election because he was a large fish in the ocean, "Eja nla". If Tinubu had not entered the race, he would most likely have been kept out of the plot, but in this scenario, the cabal would battle against the cabal.

GEJ is the only contender with the clout to put an end to Tinubu's popularity test; unless an agreement is reached on Gej as the preferred candidate, nothing further can be done.

If there were a primary, Nigerians would be marveled to see APC delegates flaunt voting for Tinubu on election day. Elections are all about winning. You must have an impact on your constituency, giving the people something to look up to.

Why would so many political gladiators jeopardize their political futures because of Buhari's impending retirement in a year? Or a faceless cabal that will not help them advance in politics?

Have you forgotten that the Congress has already taken place? Who would allow a conspiracy to erode their power? Is the APC presidential election a TROPHY that will be displayed? The goal is to become president and amass power.

Tinubu has the resources, the manpower and the strategy to win the APC presidential nomination either way it goes. 

Let us consider Jonathan's presidency under the APC to be an expensive shit. If it passes, the party should go to considerable lengths to deal with the Expensive Shit, as the smell would be quite expensive.

My name na Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah , Chairman/CEO of Bush Radio Academy.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/expensive-shit-jonathans-consensus-candidacy-and-tinubus-popularity-tops-apc-agenda-ahead-of-screening/

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Nobody: 8:04am On May 30, 2022
EFCC has refused to prosecute tinubu's alpabeta that was involved in money laundering and tax evasion.Meanwhile, officials of the commission went to pdp convention to arrest delegates who collected brown envelopes in other to vote against their conscience.Is that not a double standard on the commission's part?
However,why is efcc chairmanship position always given to the north?

553 Likes 88 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by bestman09(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2022
angry
Are we still on this topic? I thought APC had made it clear that Jonathan is not part of the presidential aspirants that are being screened?

Enough of all this permutations.

It's clear to everyone now that Atiku is our next president

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Authoreety: 9:29am On May 30, 2022
Those guys up there... Nigeria matter no even concern them.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Cholls(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2022
My brother sorry dead on arrival
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by SageTravels: 9:29am On May 30, 2022
Amechi is a better option
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by sotall(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by AbuAeesha: 9:29am On May 30, 2022
lemme share this update here:
if its gonna be a open primaries at APC,there will be probably surge in dollar price,if you know ur way buy some dollars and sell after the elections and get ur legit profit.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by DMerciful(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2022
GEJ will only accept consensus however if he is not coming to implement the confab, he should forget it.

Youths, I encourage you to get you PVC so you can be Obi-dient to labour party

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by SoftTouchK: 9:30am On May 30, 2022

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by southsouthking(m): 9:30am On May 30, 2022
This permutation mod done again again.
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Kingpele(m): 9:30am On May 30, 2022
Oga Jonathan
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by IboHausaYoruba: 9:30am On May 30, 2022
Hmmn! Nigeria my country. How would Jonathan be so disillusion to the extend of wanting to usurp a man that has been grassroot politician for donkey's year. Tinubu is the only capable hand that can combat Atiku money for money, thuggery for thuggery and whatever for whatever. I am always slighted whenever they call him (Jonathan) clueless but I feel I need to apologise to those people, he's living according to his appellation CLUELESS.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by M1Garand(m): 9:30am On May 30, 2022
APC best bet is Tinubu. From Tinubu's message to Atiku you would see a great sense of admiration and if he fails to clinch the ticket he might pull up for Atiku underneath.
PYO is also a good candidate but then propaganda of the PDP will be enough to derail his campaign because they would surely use the ineptitude of this government of which he's part of to campaign against him.
PDP can't claim Tinubu brought in Buhari because Atiku was also part of that movement

Tinubu and Atiku.
Money for money.
Age for age.
Power for power.
Structure for structure.
They cancel eachother out in most ramifications. The question APC should ask each aspirant is can you stop Atiku. Because barring any f up from APC Atiku will be declared winner.

It would be a close match up. But Amaechi and PYO against Atiku. Atiku's experience in contesting elections alone will decimate those two.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:31am On May 30, 2022
Johnames:

Jonathan The consensus candidate
Consensus Candidate as your local government chairman shey?

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Kingpele(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2022
Oga Jonathan the big guy..all of a sudden no body is talking about Amaechi anymore..I thought he used to be buharia anointed one or is it that the oil he poured on Amaechi is palm oil or crude oil..I no understand..am tired of Nigerian politicians, green snakes in green grass..now jona way we dey use get accolades from international communities, they want to rubbish him too ? Oga Jonathan if u know what is good for you stay in that Milan till march next year or u can joined the only aticuthief in dubai, I heard he will be going to dubai to relax and think of the damage he will do to our national cake come may 29 next year if he is elected since APC want to be unfortunate in life

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Angelfrost(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2022
APC is just killing time for nothing...

Who exactly are they trying to fool?!!

Las las, we know you crooks will never bring forth a candidate with sense or integrity!

Just do your primaries abeg, and let us know the crook that will contest against the other crook in the top opposition!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2022
Is Jonathan still part of APC equation?

Just this morning, we read news of Buhari distance himself from bringing in Jonathan.

Another news says Jonathan's name is not on APC screening list.

Then this news again.

Make APC do their primary make we rest jor.

But one thing is sure, Northerners will keep leverage on divided Southerners to keep retaining power to themselves. Atiku emergence as PDP Presidential Candidate is another case study.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Rawtruth1: 9:32am On May 30, 2022
Jonathan is out. The list is out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by ojun50(m): 9:32am On May 30, 2022
All i know be say GEJ no dey reason una.

The man just dey enjoy him international money.
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by CocaineLord(m): 9:33am On May 30, 2022
Nigerians deserve to suffer

Infact it is my wish to see nigerians suffer more this coming years

How can we still be talking of voting the likes of Clueless and corrupt Jonathan, A drug sniffing, premiumly corrupt Tinubu,An occultic and uniquely corrupt gay like Atiku and a Conman like Osinbajo.

Peter obi is the best choice and I ain't even Igbo but let's give someone from the Southeast a chance at the presidency

This is why a southeast presidency can only be fair to the igbos

1. Igbos are the minority,if they fvck up,they can be easily removed from power

2. We've never had a president from the Southeast

3. They are great at business and someone who's done well in business can do well as a leader

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay / Sunday Igboho On Ondo Church Killings; I Envisaged Terrorists’ Attacks In South- / Udom Donates N200K To Widows In Akwa-Ibom State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.