Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) (3883 Views)

How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! / 10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by tEsLim(m): 8:19am On Jul 18, 2011
WARNING: If you are dumb and shallow minded please move to another THREAD. Constructive contributions are welcome. Insults will be exposing the stupidity of what your religious leaders have been teaching you.

THE MAN JESUS

A Jewish man with high ideals that came out on the rotten end of the stick. Contrary to popular belief, Jesus never proclaimed himself the "Son of God", and in fact was only seen as a regular mortal until the Council of Nicea in 325, where the Christian Emperor Constantine proclaimed that Jesus was indeed Divine.

His name, Jesus Christ is purely fictional as well. Jesus was his name, however the latter "Christ" was not tacked on until much later, "Christ" meaning messiah, and derived from the word Christos.

Jesus was part of a religious society that preached love and humility amongst other humans. The Jews, however, were a constant thorn in the Empire's side, and Jesus was seen as a political dissenter, and was sentenced to die so as to make an example to others. A funny note to Jesus' death is that

A) Being crucified was nothing special; in fact, mostly anyone that was seen as a political enemy of the Empire was killed in this fashion (so no, Jesus was not special in this), and
B) It wasn't actually a cross that he was crucified on, it was a capital "T". The top bar, making it look like a lowercase "t", was only later added by the church.

When Jesus was crucified, however, no one seemed to care, and everyone went about their lives. It was only when Jesus' brother James (whom the church denies ever existed) was killed on the steps on the Temple of Solomon that the Jews rose up against the Authoritarian Romans (See: Temple of Solomon; Temple of Herod; Titus). So in truth, no one really knew Jesus existed. He was just another man to all of these people, albeit a demi-prophet.

It wasn't until later that the idea of Christianity was adopted, by the so called St. Paul. The problem with Paul's story, however, was that he was a Gentile (non-Jew) in Roman employ, and created the Christian church for purely political and self-serving reasons. Most of what he based the church on is completely fake, and was actually stolen from other religions, i.e.:

1) Mithras, the soldiers' God, was born in a cave to a virgin to free mankind from evil
2) Egyptian theological drawings always used a halo, mostly to represent something to do with divinity and the sun

, and many other things.

So in truth, Jesus was just a man that lived, and died. Most Christians are completely blinded by their religious dogma to accept this however, and therefore Jesus will always be viewed as the "Son of God"

Jesus was born, lived in a theological-centered society, and was killed. Now he's being used for political purposes, or for greed in most cases

Matheew Johnston,

====================================

IN ADDITION: (Teslim's adds)

I've met hundreds of Christians who couldn't believe the bible was compiled and still believe till today that it was some holy book that fell from heaven. So it would be a difficult task to try liberate the minds of these people that still believed a book fell from heaven even when it was compiled by non-Christian (Constantine). Back then to support political moves and unity in the community. Just like Moses had to compile the 10 commandment so their could be law and ORDER in the new country. i.e They just moved out of Egypt and the people taught there was no law and started doing all sorts of things. But then Moses knowing the people wont fear him hard to tell them the RULES/10 COMMANDMENT came from a greater AUTHORITY (God) who will punish them for eternity if they'd disobeyed the law. That I think was the foundational constitution of the Israelites.

Some of the book compiled seem to be completely secular and not really into GOD GOD. And even some that where GOD GOD back then where seen as heresy , most of the later Gnostic Gospels. Its been a long time I read them but if I can remember vividly one of the "The Secret Gospel of MARK" book insinuated Jesus was homosexual. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_of_Jesus) , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disciple_whom_Jesus_loved

Since inception organized religion as been nothing but a sham and have generated a lot of evil. What is Christian about the competition, greed, the lust for power in the organized religions? It would have been good if the old testament and the new wasn't compiled together. And if the content wasn't influenced for political reasons. But regardless what sense does it make to partially believe in a book?

If heaven exists there will be more Atheist and Deist there. Its all about living good but perfection is unrealistic. You dont have to be in a religious group to be a good or bad person.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2011
In addition, Moses, as a scholar of Egyptian arts and culture, copied the ten commandment from Egyptian sources. They were over 400 of such laws. Moses copied ten. The ten commandment wasn't really written by God.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by tEsLim(m): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2011
Well just like when we where little and your parent sees that you are are daring child and see that you dont fear them. Then they'll tell you there is OJUJU that would punish you if you dare go and touch that thing again! Instead of Ojuju moses used the man in the sky.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by alstarmayo(m): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2011
lmao my eyes have seen a lot on nland. dnt av much to say except that Jesus actually said He is the son of God and was killed for blapshemy. And paul did not start the christian faith as a matter of fact he was a prosecutor of the christians before conversion
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by tEsLim(m): 10:19am On Jul 18, 2011
alstarmayo:

lmao my eyes have seen a lot on nland. dnt av much to say except that Jesus actually said He is the son of God and was killed for blapshemy. And paul did not start the christian faith as a matter of fact he was a prosecutor of the christians before conversion

IT seems you do not understand the difference between CHURCH and CHRISTIANITY , Christianity started very much later after Jesus was dead and gone
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by frecruit: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2011
My first impulse was to tell you that you are both mad men, but I think again, what would JESUS do? Well GOD WILL JUDGE YOU. Better repent and ask Him for forgiveness accept Jesus as your LORD. GOD LOVES YOU. I pray that you would not need a supernatural encounter to make you see the light because by then it might be too late. May The LORD our GOD help you. I will have you in my prayers. Better still if I had your real names. Till JESUS comes remain blessed. If He meets you in this state when He comes, no hope for you. You have heard THE GOSPEL and this will count FOR or AGAINST you depending on your choices. Good day.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by erniewhez(m): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2011
You didnt mention anything on resurrection of Jesus true or false?, on the issue of Moses you did not mention how the Israelites actually got to the new "country" the miracles we read about Moses in Egypt, how "FALSE" or how true?. Where do you come about your knowlege of these, book or thought, was it divine"fell from heaven" or written by man as you imply with the bible. If written by man, why do you believe in one man that wrote the book you read contracdicting the content of the bible and you dont believe in the "man" who wrote the bible. I want to believe youre not religion freak, so I shouldnt sound offensive asking you to throw more light into the Quran as you just did with the Bible. I seek knowlege, Thank you1!
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Sweetnecta: 10:55am On Jul 18, 2011
@Agi-tuedor; « #1 on: Today at 08:35:41 AM »
[Quote]In addition, Moses, as a scholar of Egyptian arts and culture, copied the ten commandment from Egyptian sources. They were over 400 of such laws. Moses copied ten. The ten commandment wasn't really written by God.[/Quote]this is so lame. just because egypt had what is similar to 10 Commandments is not to negate God's involvement in what Moses brought. it is not impossible that God inspired all or some of the egyptian 400 laws you spoke about. after all, there were human prophets, believers in One God The Creator before Moses. the egyptians could have had the remnants of what governed earlier believers, the reason they were able to know when a man erred and became disbeliever. There is a set of spiritual standard for mankind, making a group believer, and the other disbeliever. The 10 commandments is such a standard.

@tEsLim (m); « #2 on: Today at 09:16:25 AM »
[Quote]Well just like when we where little and your parent sees that you are are daring child and see that you dont fear them. Then they'll tell you there is OJUJU that would punish you if you dare go and touch that thing again! Instead of Ojuju moses used the man in the sky.[/Quote]i have not read your composition about Jesus, yhre oped, above. but i am disturb by your name, teslim which sounds islamic. my baby brother is so named. i wonder how a muslim will down grade the 10 commandments given to Sayiddina Musa [as] and the refers to The Giver as 'the man in the sky'? if you are no more a muslim, please change your name. your mommy and daddy will not kill you since they have not killed you now that you have gone 'awol' from belief. at least you are a proof that muslim parents who lose their children to disbelief often do not kill then or even try to disown them.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by alstarmayo(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2011
@frecruit just leave them alone bt I wonder y are u so particular about christianity that u research and dig up stuff to make urself believe it is fake, they r so many other religion why not research those ones why christianity, obviously there is something about it and they more u prosecute it the tighter I hold on to it.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Sweetnecta: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2011
@erniewhez; « #6 on: Today at 10:50:07 AM »
[Quote]You didnt mention anything on resurrection of Jesus true or false?, on the issue of Moses you did not mention how the Israelites actually got to the new "country" the miracles we read about Moses in Egypt, how "FALSE" or how true?.  Where do you come about your knowlege of these, book or thought, was it divine"fell from heaven" or written by man as you imply with the bible. If written by man, why do you believe in one man that wrote the book you read contracdicting the content of the bible and you dont believe in the "man" who wrote the bible. I want to believe youre not religion freak, so I shouldnt sound offensive asking you to throw more light into the Quran as you just did with the Bible.  I seek knowlege, Thank you1![/Quote]tEslim is not a muslim by his saying that organized religion is a sham, among other things; his belittling prophet isa bin maryam as a 'demi prophet', moses as compiler of 10 commandents and God as man in the sky. he never said he is a believer of Quran.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by erniewhez(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@erniewhez; « #6 on: Today at 10:50:07 AM »tEslim is not a muslim by his saying that organized religion is a sham, among other things; his belittling prophet isa bin maryam as a 'demi prophet', moses as compiler of 10 commandents and God as man in the sky. he never said he is a believer of Quran.

Why dont you read between the lines, I afore said, "I know youre not religious freak". What does that mean in a literary language? Excuse me, I never called him a Muslim, neither am I contesting between both religion, I only seek more light to his public pronouncement and facts to back up the truth he believes in. I wrote: "I seek knowlege", I havent condemned his ideology, still prodding into his ideas and wants him to go elaborate. Thanks!
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by freakydes: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2011
and ur point is?
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by slymm(f): 11:36am On Jul 18, 2011
lol, seriously? Well, everyone is entitled to their beliefs and ideas about humanity, christianity, islam and every other religion under the sky. Let them be.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 18, 2011
@Sweetnecta. How far?
Sometimes, I wonder the way you think. The 400 or so laws of egypt from which moses carved the 10 commandments were primarily civil laws (like a constitution). And as such, they were not as a result of divine illumination. They were the creation of the elites to govern the society (more like the Nigerian Constitution). The 10 commandments were only a subset of these laws and was adopted by Moses (who, by the way, was a high ranking and educated egyptian citizen) to insitute law and order in the society he is to lead. I am sure this is simple enough for you to understand.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Sweetnecta: 11:40am On Jul 18, 2011
@Erniewhez; « #9 on: Today at 11:12:56 AM »
]Quote] Modify message
You didnt mention anything on resurrection of Jesus true or false?, on the issue of Moses you did not mention how the Israelites actually got to the new "country" the miracles we read about Moses in Egypt, how "FALSE" or how true?.  Where do you come about your knowlege of these, book or thought, was it divine"fell from heaven" or written by man as you imply with the bible. If written by man, why do you believe in one man that wrote the book you read contracdicting the content of the bible and you dont believe in the "man" who wrote the bible. I want to believe youre not religion freak, so I shouldnt sound offensive asking you to throw more light into the Quran as you just did with the Bible.  I seek knowlege, Thank you1!
tEslim is not a muslim by his saying that organized religion is a sham, among other things; his belittling prophet isa bin maryam as a 'demi prophet', moses as compiler of 10 commandents and God as man in the sky. he never said he is a believer of Quran.
Report to moderator   24.193.24.25
erniewhez

Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe)
« #10 on: Today at 11:23:09 AM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 11:12:56 AM
@erniewhez; « #6 on: Today at 10:50:07 AM »tEslim is not a muslim by his saying that organized religion is a sham, among other things; his belittling prophet isa bin maryam as a 'demi prophet', moses as compiler of 10 commandents and God as man in the sky. he never said he is a believer of Quran.

Why dont you read between the lines, I afore said, "I know youre not religious freak". What does that mean in a literary language? Excuse me, I never called him a Muslim, neither am I contesting between both religion, I only seek more light to his public pronouncement and facts to back up the truth he believes in. I wrote: "I seek knowlege", I havent condemned his ideology, still prodding into his ideas and wants him to go elaborate. Thanks![quote][/Quote]your usage of the words offensive and Quran in the same sentence should be enough for me to conclude that you thought of him as a muslim. if you think he was not, you would not have used the word 'offensive' when you asked him to treat Quran the way he is treating the Bible. i am certain that if you know that he is jewish for example, you will say you dont want to be offensive when you ask him about Quran. you will only say that when it is the Torah.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by erniewhez(m): 11:46am On Jul 18, 2011
[quote author=Sweetnecta link=topic=715452.msg8738615#msg8738615 date=1310985652]
]Quote] Modify message
You didnt mention anything on resurrection of Jesus true or false?, on the issue of Moses you did not mention how the Israelites actually got to the new "country" the miracles we read about Moses in Egypt, how "FALSE" or how true?.  Where do you come about your knowlege of these, book or thought, was it divine"fell from heaven" or written by man as you imply with the bible. If written by man, why do you believe in one man that wrote the book you read contracdicting the content of the bible and you dont believe in the "man" who wrote the bible. I want to believe youre not religion freak, so I shouldnt sound offensive asking you to throw more light into the Quran as you just did with the Bible.  I seek knowlege, Thank you1!
tEslim is not a muslim by his saying that organized religion is a sham, among other things; his belittling prophet isa bin maryam as a 'demi prophet', moses as compiler of 10 commandents and God as man in the sky. he never said he is a believer of Quran.
erniewhez

Why dont you read between the lines, I afore said, "I know youre not religious freak". What does that mean in a literary language? Excuse me, I never called him a Muslim, neither am I contesting between both religion, I only seek more light to his public pronouncement and facts to back up the truth he believes in. I wrote: "I seek knowlege", I havent condemned his ideology, still prodding into his ideas and wants him to go elaborate. Thanks!
[/Quote]your usage of the words offensive and Quran in the same sentence should be enough for me to conclude that you thought of him as a muslim. if you think he was not, you would not have used the word 'offensive' when you asked him to treat Quran the way he is treating the Bible. i am certain that if you know that he is jewish for example, you will say you dont want to be offensive when you ask him about Quran. you will only say that when it is the Torah.

Am sorry I am not interested in argument, let him address the questions I asked of him. I am not a religion freak as well, but I believe in the existence of God, so I love to know more about both religion and see which is more practicable in the context of truth.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Sweetnecta: 11:47am On Jul 18, 2011
@agi-tuedor; « #13 on: Today at 11:37:48 AM »
[Quote]@Sweetnecta. How far?
Sometimes, I wonder the way you think. The 400 or so laws of egypt from which moses carved the 10 commandments were primarily civil laws (like a constitution). And as such, they were not as a result of divine illumination. They were the creation of the elites to govern the society (more like the Nigerian Constitution). The 10 commandments were only a subset of these laws and was adopted by Moses (who, by the way, was a high ranking and educated egyptian citizen) to insitute law and order in the society he is to lead. I am sure this is simple enough for you to understand.[/Quote]he lives in nigeria that elects an ineffective and indecisive leader. he says he wonders hoe i think, sometimes. wonder on, man. we are not supposed to think alike. was there no believer on earth before Moses? shouldn't there be a law that governed man in relationship with his Creation and man's place with the earth?
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by erniewhez(m): 11:47am On Jul 18, 2011
[quote author=Sweetnecta link=topic=715452.msg8738615#msg8738615 date=1310985652]
]Quote] Modify message
erniewhez

[/Quote]your usage of the words offensive and Quran in the same sentence should be enough for me to conclude that you thought of him as a muslim. if you think he was not, you would not have used the word 'offensive' when you asked him to treat Quran the way he is treating the Bible. i am certain that if you know that he is jewish for example, you will say you dont want to be offensive when you ask him about Quran. you will only say that when it is the Torah.

Am sorry I am not interested in argument, let him address the questions I asked of him. I am not a religion freak as well, but I believe in the existence of God, so I love to know more about both religion and see which is more practicable in the context of truth and divinity.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 18, 2011
@erniewhez
In all fairness, the ressurection of Jesus is controversial as not all apostles believed in it. The Gnostic christians never saw God in Jesus. The divinity of Jesus, as the poster said, was the result of a vote involving all the bishops invited to the council of nicea organised by emperor constatine. Among other things, the main precepts of christainity were formulated in that meeting. This lead to a manhunt for all original gnostic christians because they never shared the same faith with the "created religion".
As regard the ressurection of Jesus, the gospel according to Judas Iscariot says Jesus was a good man, he is worth emulating but he died and never ressurected. (at least, we should Judas a chance to tell his side of the story)ting but he died and never ressurected. (at least, we should Judas a chance to tell his side of the story)
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@agi-tuedor; « #13 on: Today at 11:37:48 AM »he lives in nigeria that elects an ineffective and indecisive leader. he says he wonders hoe i think, sometimes. wonder on, man. we are not supposed to think alike. was there no believer on earth before Moses? shouldn't there be a law that governed man in relationship with his Creation and man's place with the earth?

I know we ain't suppost to think alike. But must everything be dragged to directly from God? Doesn't man play a role in the formulation of his society?
Take a good look at the 10 commandments and tell the one you think is not geared towards civility. Even, the one which says they should worship other gods is established to curb proliferation of gods in the land, as the polytheistic israelites are apt to do.
Of course, there were believers before Moses. In fact, moses was a commissioned disciple of the cult of Aten, whose founder was the great Pharoah Amenhotep aka Aknenaton, the first mortal to establish the existence the One God, the first monotheist. (he was black man, by the way, lol).
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by tEsLim(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
Well said agi-tuedor!

@people talking about my name I'm non-religious neither Muslim, christian or member of any sect/cult. And I had the name from birth at time when I had no power to choose. And it doesn't make any difference to me as long as I like the meaning of the name, my parents gave me about 6 names in all (lol). But always delighted to discuss with free thinkers.

Well as for the Gospel of Judas it was banned and even till date the Catholic tries to distance themselves from it.

The president of the Maecenas Foundation, Mario Roberty, suggested the possibility that the Maecenas Foundation had acquired not the only extant copy of the Gospel, but rather the only "known" copy. Roberty went on to make the suggestion that the Vatican probably had another copy locked away, saying:

In those days the Church decided for political reasons to include the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the Bible. The other gospels were banned. It is highly logical that the Catholic Church would have kept a copy of the forbidden gospels. Sadly, the Vatican does not want to clarify further. Their policy has been the same for years – 'No further comment.'[28]

Roberty provided no evidence to suggest that the Vatican does, in fact, possess any additional copy. While the contents of one part of the Vatican library have been catalogued and have long been available to researchers and scholars, the remainder of the library is, however, without a public catalogue, and though researchers may view any work within, they must first name the text they require, a serious problem for those who do not know what is contained by the library. The Pope responded on April 13, 2006-[29]

The Vatican, by word of Pope Benedict XVI, grants the recently surfaced Judas' Gospel no credit with regards to its apocryphal claims that Judas betrayed Jesus in compliance with the latter's own requests. According to the Pope, Judas freely chose to betray Jesus: "an open rejection of God's love." Judas, according to Pope Benedict XVI "viewed Jesus in terms of power and success: his only real interests lay in his power and success, there was no love involved. He was a greedy man: money was more important than communing with Jesus; money came before God and his love." According to the Pope it was due to these traits that led Judas to "turn liar, two-faced, indifferent to the truth", "losing any sense of God", "turning hard, incapable of converting, of being the prodigal son, hence throwing away a spent existence."

What I'm trying to bring up in essence is that some people worship blindly and they have the rights to know the foundation of their religion and the truth behind it. IF then they know the truth and still decide its okay for them to continue fine but worshiping or being a member of a cult ignorantly seems stupid to me.

Nothing special about Christianity than the lies of her founders. This trend I've not seen in Islam and some other faiths though. Or in general haven't studied them well enough to know. But regardless any institution that is profit driven will become greedy. Its natural. So it is with the corporate world that we now live in.

If I would think about God; I would think of him as the code and maths that make nature, the amazing design of it all, the complexity of the universe that allows infinite possibilities,

This is the information and technology age. If we where to write a new bible Scientists will be the prophets. Faith is good to some extent as to how it helps some people get solace/ talk to imaginary friends to feel better and be hopeful. As some see Freedom as slavery and seek strength in IGNORANCE. I'm not about to start some Atheistic Gospel on nairaland but would prefer people know what they're doing. Especially Nigerians! With the super-commercialized untaxed cults/religions

What more can I say to open your eyes? Would Jesus posses 4 JETS? Would he build a university that the average man can't afford to send his kids even though his own money is part of the donations the schools was built with? Aren't those schools built with your offerings? Do you know pastors pay bribes within the church and lobby to get themselves transferred to big parish where there are rich members? Where is the meekness or the Christ-like-living? When Jesus got to the church and saw them doing business he was angry , I think he will be angrier this time around because the business are now huge corporations.

The average Nigerian grew up brainwashed either by their parents, home videos or generally by the environment. Can you imagine someone praying to God for things that normally a white man will never pray for? i.e God let NEPA bring the light today oh! , I bet with you when things get better in this country the church will get less patronage as there will be lesser people seeking solace. Well I know people gotta get paid to be motivational speaker but their should be more truthful and stop spiritualising everything!
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by IdiAmin2(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2011
tEsLim:

WARNING: If you are dumb and shallow minded please move to another THREAD. Constructive contributions are welcome. Insults will be exposing the stupidity of what your religious leaders have been teaching you.

THE MAN JESUS

A Jewish man with high ideals that came out on the rotten end of the stick. Contrary to popular belief, Jesus never proclaimed himself the "Son of God", and in fact was only seen as a regular mortal until the Council of Nicea in 325, where the Christian Emperor Constantine proclaimed that Jesus was indeed Divine.

His name, Jesus Christ is purely fictional as well. Jesus was his name, however the latter "Christ" was not tacked on until much later, "Christ" meaning messiah, and derived from the word Christos.

Jesus was part of a religious society that preached love and humility amongst other humans. The Jews, however, were a constant thorn in the Empire's side, and Jesus was seen as a political dissenter, and was sentenced to die so as to make an example to others. A funny note to Jesus' death is that

A) Being crucified was nothing special; in fact, mostly anyone that was seen as a political enemy of the Empire was killed in this fashion (so no, Jesus was not special in this), and
B) It wasn't actually a cross that he was crucified on, it was a capital "T". The top bar, making it look like a lowercase "t", was only later added by the church.
When Jesus was crucified, however, no one seemed to care, and everyone went about their lives. It was only when Jesus' brother James (whom the church denies ever existed) was killed on the steps on the Temple of Solomon that the Jews rose up against the Authoritarian Romans (See: Temple of Solomon; Temple of Herod; Titus). So in truth, no one really knew Jesus existed. He was just another man to all of these people, albeit a demi-prophet.

It wasn't until later that the idea of Christianity was adopted, by the so called St. Paul. The problem with Paul's story, however, was that he was a Gentile (non-Jew) in Roman employ, and created the Christian church for purely political and self-serving reasons. Most of what he based the church on is completely fake, and was actually stolen from other religions, i.e.:

1) Mithras, the soldiers' God, was born in a cave to a virgin to free mankind from evil
2) Egyptian theological drawings always used a halo, mostly to represent something to do with divinity and the sun

, and many other things.

So in truth, Jesus was just a man that lived, and died. Most Christians are completely blinded by their religious dogma to accept this however, and therefore Jesus will always be viewed as the "Son of God"

Jesus was born, lived in a theological-centered society, and was killed. Now he's being used for political purposes, or for greed in most cases

Matheew Johnston,

====================================

IN ADDITION: (Teslim's adds)

I've met hundreds of Christians who couldn't believe the bible was compiled and still believe till today that it was some holy book that fell from heaven. So it would be a difficult task to try liberate the minds of these people that still believed a book fell from heaven even when it was compiled by non-Christian (Constantine). Back then to support political moves and unity in the community. Just like Moses had to compile the 10 commandment so their could be law and ORDER in the new country. i.e They just moved out of Egypt and the people taught there was no law and started doing all sorts of things. But then Moses knowing the people wont fear him hard to tell them the RULES/10 COMMANDMENT came from a greater AUTHORITY (God) who will punish them for eternity if they'd disobeyed the law. That I think was the foundational constitution of the Israelites.

Some of the book compiled seem to be completely secular and not really into GOD GOD. And even some that where GOD GOD back then where seen as heresy , most of the later Gnostic Gospels. Its been a long time I read them but if I can remember vividly one of the "The Secret Gospel of MARK" book insinuated Jesus was Same-sex. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_of_Jesus) , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disciple_whom_Jesus_loved

Since inception organized religion as been nothing but a sham and have generated a lot of evil. What is Christian about the competition, greed, the lust for power in the organized religions? It would have been good if the old testament and the new wasn't compiled together. And if the content wasn't influenced for political reasons. But regardless what sense does it make to partially believe in a book?

If heaven exists there will be more Atheist and Deist there. Its all about living good but perfection is unrealistic. You dont have to be in a religious group to be a good or bad person.

Concerning this cross issue, I totally agree. In the roman days, they did not crucify criminals on 'T' sign cross, they nailed them to the trunk of a tree. That is why Paul said 'cursed is any man who hangs on a tree'. I read in a tutorial where the 'T' sign cross came from - Basically, the ancient Egytian sign of eternal life called 'THE ANKH' depicts the female womb and fallopian tubes on the top, and the male phalus at the bottom. Basically the male & female reproductive organs showing the sign of life. If you look at ancient egyptian arts, you will see the Ankh everywhere.

What the ancient christian fathers did was remove the top part (female organ) and replaced it with a small phalus of a boy. You see, this thing of roman catholic father sleping with little boys is nothing new. It was part of the initiation into the inner circle of priests and it is still the practise today. In the Vatican, all those fathers in their long robes have slept with youngs boys to get into that inner circle. To them, it is the greatest form of love - adult male to child male love.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by tpia5: 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2011
dnt av much to say except that Jesus actually said He is the son of God and was killed for blapshemy. And paul did not start the christian faith as a matter of fact he was a prosecutor of the christians before conversion

in a nutshell.

didnt read through the thread or original post anyway.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by tEsLim(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2011
^^^^^ tpia

whats your point? it will be difficult to make any comment without reading the post
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Sweetnecta: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2011
@agi tuedor; « #19 on: Yesterday at 12:18:40 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 11:47:19 AM
@agi-tuedor; « #13 on: Today at 11:37:48 AM »he lives in nigeria that elects an ineffective and indecisive leader. he says he wonders hoe i think, sometimes. wonder on, man. we are not supposed to think alike. was there no believer on earth before Moses? shouldn't there be a law that governed man in relationship with his Creation and man's place with the earth?

I know we ain't suppost to think alike. But must everything be dragged to directly from God? Doesn't man play a role in the formulation of his society?
Take a good look at the 10 commandments and tell the one you think is not geared towards civility. Even, the one which says they should worship other gods is established to curb proliferation of gods in the land, as the polytheistic israelites are apt to do.
Of course, there were believers before Moses. In fact, moses was a commissioned disciple of the cult of Aten, whose founder was the great Pharoah Amenhotep aka Aknenaton, the first mortal to establish the existence the One God, the first monotheist. (he was black man, by the way, lol).[/Quote]is there a reality but God at the helm of it? have you wondered where you came from apart from the source being God? do you figured out already a way not to go back to God at the end of your earthly term?

most of you are discovering that Moses was black. few of us, Alhamdulillah have accepted to stand shoulder to shoulder to anyone, regardless of his 'schism' in one purpose of the human family; submitting our will, individually to God.

@tEsLim (m); « #20 on: Yesterday at 01:18:46 PM »
[Quote]Well said agi-tuedor!

@people talking about my name I'm non-religious neither Muslim, christian or member of any sect/cult. And I had the name from birth at time when I had no power to choose. And it doesn't make any difference to me as long as I like the meaning of the name, my parents gave me about 6 names in all (lol). But always delighted to discuss with free thinkers.[/Quote]choose a name or two from the other six and drop teslim. its islam, you know. there is no muslim revert that i know that bears paul, or cain, etc. when they enter islam, they drop a name that connotes evil, according to islam [paul being a person known to have opinions different from Jesus. cain being the first to kill, and he killed an innocent soul, his brother]. if you don't belong to islam, why keep an islam name unless you are even a fake to your new found cult; whatever it is; atheism or not? you are fake to islam, fake to your new way; man, make up your mind and it is you are either soko, or saka, why sokosaka?

teslim is the name of the last child of my family. just change it and since your parents are allowing you to be yourself, changing your first name is no biggie. you can bear your yoruba name. your parents are not boko haram, so you have no worries that you will be hurt.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2011
@POSTER

MY FRIEND!!!!!!! IM GLAD YOU REVEALED THE TRUE IMAGE OF CHRISTIANITY!!!!!!!!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

I COULDNT HAVE PUT IT BETTER!!!!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WAT IVE BEEN TRYYING TO EXPLAIN TO THESE BUNCH OF IGORANTS FOR AGES!!!!!!!!!!  angry angry angry angry

thank you once again and may the Gods bless you.  wink

P.S. sincere advice to deluded xtians. please spend 15 minutes of your time in thoroughly going through wat Mr. tEsLim  has so rightly put forward. you may contradict him later, but it would be wiser if you contemplated rather than contradicted.
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2011
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by wetu: 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2011

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by tEsLim(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2011
@sweetnecta

Teslim is an Arabic name and has a meaning that can be translated into English or Yoruba I was told it means Peace or Peacemaker. Well regardless your argument about my name seem to mean that if someone has a Yoruba name he must be worshiping a Yoruba god or be into a Yoruba religion. You still dont get the logic I guess. Think outside the box and forget all the religious sentiments brother
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by miftaudeen(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2011
actually xtainity is an unlimited liability company established by paul d anti-jesus,he attarched it to jesus
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2011
teslim is arabic and has nothing to do with Yoruba religion. undecided
Re: The Truth About Jesus (blind Christians Wont Believe) by Njgirl1: 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2011
I dont know wats more shocking , d fact dat who wrote this or the fact that you went ahead to post it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Were Eve's Eyes Not Opened Until Adam Ate? / Trinity Explained / Christians Practise Cannibalism Witchcraft Through Communion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.