Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

We Need To Curb These Scammers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / We Need To Curb These Scammers (2307 Views)

Please What Can I Do To Fight This Scammers? / N300,000-for-a-Job Civil Defence Scammers Nabbed! / Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need To Curb These Scammers by elaiye(m): 8:25am On Jul 18, 2011
I think the moderators should do something about this. The rate at which these scammers come on this forum is on the rise and it is very worrisome. So many people on this forum have been deceived, falling victims to these criminals.
We should identify the usernames of all these scammers for the moderators to block them. Even if they register again with another name, by their posts, we shall know them.
We need to curb these practices. We should report all usernames that have been noticed to be involved in these acts, so they can be blocked immediately. When we do this continuosly, i believe there will be a drastic reduction in such posts.
Lets all work together to accomplish this.
Thank you.
Re: We Need To Curb These Scammers by webcam(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2011
@poster you first post the name of scammer you know
Re: We Need To Curb These Scammers by 1forall: 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2011
OP you're right. The rate is quite alarming, and it is unfortunate that still people fall for these scammer tricks.

Many topics have been created to address this issue and below are a few:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-488547.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-676504.0.html

An observation is that people appear easily tempted by the idea of reaping where they do not sow, and fall for offers which are too good to be true without really evaluating critically or rationally.

Why would you believe it when someone you do not know offers to show you how to make money out of nowhere? If he was making money from whatever scheme, why is he being so kind to share? and with people he doesn't know? EVEN father xmas only comes once a year! grin

Majority of people who get scammed are those looking for shortcuts who forget that there are REALLY no shortcuts to success.

Some people get asked by 'potential' employers to pay for recruitment processing and come back to the forum to ask what people think? Why should you even consider paying in the first place? Why would an employer who wants to pay you a salary (say, 80000/month) require N2500 as 'processing' fee? Which organization worthy of its reputation does that?

These con artists are stubborn and continuously creative so its nearly impossible to 'get' them all. And even when they are banned no one can prevent them from setting up new accounts to continue their 'business'.

I think the best tactic is communal where every user considers it a responsibility to report suspicious users/posts to the moderators, but its a shame that users generally do not bother to use the 'report post' link available in each post for that purpose. Therefore many of these 'oles' go unnoticed. Personally I have not received a report from any user in the past 30 days so its hard to blame moderators for inaction, but trust me; we are working oh!
What we need is more of your help to put the menace under control.

Expecting your reports > cool
Re: We Need To Curb These Scammers by lipstick1(f): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2011
My friend you are right.
All these people who post useless and fraudulent information needs to be denied access to make any contribution to any thread.
Re: We Need To Curb These Scammers by eddiehalla: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers
« #216 on: Today at 10:57:27 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please can anyone tell me wether a company by the name of "Globestar Company Limited" which is situated at:
Plot 1274 Amodu Street, Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria
is a legitimate company?
There is a web site for this company, but I am still not 100% convinced.

I have been offered employment by the company and have received a contract etc, but was asked to pay a fee to a travel agent for the documents to be arranged. This travel agent is Pillar Travel Agents (Dr Tariq), but none of the telephone numbers given seem to work, and all the correspondence is via email. I could not find a web site for this company either.

So PLEASE if anyone could help me verify these companies, i would be most gratefull
Re: We Need To Curb These Scammers by Mallow: 9:07am On Jul 21, 2011
How do one detect a scammer?
Re: We Need To Curb These Scammers by 1forall: 11:48am On Jul 23, 2011
^

Well follow your instinct, if its too good to be true then its most probably is

You don't need to be a forensic scientist to sense the (small time) scammers in here
Re: We Need To Curb These Scammers by Ihategirls(m): 12:38am On Jul 26, 2011
lets all make sure that scammers are chased away from this forum immediately.
Re: We Need To Curb These Scammers by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 26, 2011
Yes, its true, scammers should be sent away from this forum for good.
Re: We Need To Curb These Scammers by Wazoblog(m): 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2011
shine ur eyes o and follow ur instincts o be carefu if u are asked to pay to get a lucrativ job, 4 wat na? Only few job agencies are real.

(1) (Reply)

Linux Systems Engineers In Chad & Congo / Factory Workers Needed In A New Manufacturing Company At Okota / 2016 Prophecy For Joblanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.