Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! (19530 Views)

How I Scammed Lagos Job Scammers / Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job / This Is A New Style Job Scammers Use In Operating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by iyeachile(f): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
It was a day of reckoning for a job scammer who goes by the user name '"LESHI''in nairaland and his cohorts when they where caught and disgraced at the forever living products plaza headquarters in ikeja Lagos. "Leshi" and his cohorts allegedly posted adverts on the internet which called for recruitment of mobile catalog staff at FLP.

The recruitment stated that the company was looking for staff to do online marketing for them and refer people to their mobile application and sales coordination. The misleading advert also stated that the salary was higher than that of banks,and did not involve hawking around. Leshi went as far as creating a topic in nairaland encouraging people to apply and attested to the fact that he applied ,was called for interview and was already on their payslip.But his plans backfired at him when applicants started trooping in on the said day of the interview only to be told by the staff of FLP that the coy does not do recruiting and is not aware of such a thing going on.

The applicants where ushered into the so called interview room to talk and leshi was asked to explain to them what the job was about,but he was just beating around the bush, there and then the head of FLP NIGERIA categorically told the applicants they had been punked,and that FLP had no dealings with leshi,the company sued him for impersonation and defamation of image and gave him 24 hours to take the advert off the internet.the scenario was touching as many people traveled from far to attend the interview.

Why do our youths engage in all this dubious activities. APPLICANTS BEWARE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by ifyalways(f): 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Chei, chai, choi!

OP, shey dem panel beat am wella? You sef fvck up, you for upload pictures na.

Lol. I hope, wish and pray earnestly that this news is real and worse fate befell many more soon!
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Afam4eva(m): 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
lol grin no piksure?
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by lade007(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
Dis picture wey dey nko?isn't it enuff?I was @ the scene today too.The smart guys @ the people in white shirt,the funniest thing is that they even made t-shirt for themselves bearing the name of the company. I saw them being taken away by the police before I left there sha.......NIGERIAN JOB SEEKERS,BEWARE

2 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by iyeachile(f): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ify always. The news is real, I was there. If u want proof u can check leshi's post on August 23. That's the head of flpnigeria on pink shirt Cornelius Tay . And next to him is the supposed "leshi" it was not a thing of argument. They were made to stand in front of the applicants as the flp head calmly told them that it was all a scam .@ afam. Here are ur pix dats if u can identify them.

1 Like

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Obinoscopy(m): 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
Thanks Iyeachile for this info
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by iyeachile(f): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
@obinoscopy. With all pleasure
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by alaoeri: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
The !diot got busted. grin
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
oshay!!!! Shupid boy grin grin
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by SisiKill1: 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
How was the scam supposed to work?

Did they ask Applicants to pay them or what because me I am not getting it oh. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by akopac: 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
but d guy still get mind go d place oo

3 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by emmatok(m): 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
@op

Where is the guy(scammer) in that picture.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by SisiKill1: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
So many questions. . .

What was the "Scammer" doing at the FLP headquarters?

Does he work for them?

7 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by OmoAlata(f): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
emmatok: @op

Where is the guy(scammer) in that picture.

The handsome one grin

2 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by comechop(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
what a very confusing title and even further confusing description and pics. OP please clarify.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Dteflondon1(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
breeze don blow fawol yansh open grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Down with fraudsters.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by chucky234(m): 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
Wonder no go ever end for Naija,job seekers make una dey shine eye ooooo.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by lehsi: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
I am so sure this is going to court.....this people are registered with the company....got the approval of the company...paid the company for the hall...and den dis....i am presently asked questions and a company receipt upon meeting completion was sent to me....i am asking questions too....this is far serious....why would stone run a scam at zero cost and in the company's head office....it doesn't make sense....the md took it all wrong not knowing that he's staffs approved these persons

2 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by SisiKill1: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
Lmao! How does this picture prove anything?!!

How do we know OP is telling the truth? All we have is a blurred pix of a man in a bright pink shirt (Let's just leave that one for another day) and some guys. This could very well be a picture of a seminar or something.

OP's post makes no sense. . .she doesn't tell us how the scam is but we are supposed to believe it just because. . .what, she had pictures?!!

Look I'm not holding court for anyone but considering how many people use NL as a medium to make a living. . .I think it is higly irresponsible to post this without verifying the details. OP could be a scorned ex or competition trying to ruin the guy's business and y'all have made it easy for her/him by making it front page.

Now I understand the whole generating traffic thingy (believe me I do) but that need shouldn't overshadow common sense naa. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by CrazyMan(m): 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
comechop: what a very confusing title and even further confusing description and pics. OP please clarify.
Can't you people read...take your time to read the first five posts, and you would understand much better.

1 Like

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Biggoozz: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
So @ Iyeachile, you guys lacked the courage to take turns and give the guy some hot slap? Did he refund your transportation money? Anyways, lucky him.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by lehsi: 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
Please make your posts....they will be good for the court case....people pls post o....no body should get such a treatment when they actually ran no scam....i have been using their platform for more than a month....and because some people are afraid of the solution this brings they want to shenk it....ask urself o
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by onatisi(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
with all due respect to the op .i must confess this story doesnt add up.many questions but few answers.
1)if he was or is a scammer why didnt he collect money from the applicants ?
2)why would he ask them to go to the original office of the company when he knew he was lying?
i believe there was an inside man that he was working for and that gave him the courage to even ask ppl to go to the office ,but lets wait and see how it all turns out
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Excelboi(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Oboi
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by shewanna: 10:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
@OP, pls explain further. Wat was Leshi doing der cos I wonder the guts he had to go and stay in d company being a scammer or does he work there? Also, wearing a customized t.shirt with d company's logo. Even if he works there, would he be able to accomodate scammed applicants in the company he works for without any one around noticing n questioning him 4 such act? #confused......

1 Like

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by idirect(m): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
lehsi: I am so sure this is going to court.....this people are registered with the company....got the approval of the company...paid the company for the hall...and den dis....i am presently asked questions and a company receipt upon meeting completion was sent to me....i am asking questions too....this is far serious....why would stone run a scam at zero cost and in the company's head office....it doesn't make sense....the md took it all wrong not knowing that he's staffs approved these persons
^^^Ogbeni wetin happen gangan?
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by idirect(m): 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Lmao! How does this picture prove anything?!!

How do we know OP is telling the truth? All we have is a blurred pix of a man in a bright pink shirt (Let's just leave that one for another day) and some guys. This could very well be a picture of a seminar or something.

OP's post makes no sense. . .she doesn't tell us how the scam is but we are supposed to believe it just because. . .what, she had pictures?!!

Look I'm not holding court for anyone but considering how many people use NL as a medium to make a living. . .I think it is higly irresponsible to post this without verifying the details. OP could be a scorned ex or competition trying to ruin the guy's business and y'all have made it easy for her/him by making it front page.

Now I understand the whole generating traffic thingy (believe me I do) but that need shouldn't overshadow common sense naa. undecided
I seconded
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by violent(m): 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
I can't seem to figure out much sense from this fable.

Who has been scammed? How have they been scammed? Was there a prior relationship between the alleged grifter and the company? If no, then why was he (the swindler) waiting to be "disgraced" at the company's premises?

Why has the company not had him arrested yet?
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by akpunku1: 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
MODs pls remove this from front page till the op can make her post clear... The story doesnt make up and it is degrading to be on the front page. Thanks
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by mkmyers45(m): 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
This looks like a nollywood movie..
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by tellwisdom: 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
lehsi: I am so sure this is going to court.....this people are registered with the company....got the approval of the company...paid the company for the hall...and den dis....i am presently asked questions and a company receipt upon meeting completion was sent to me....i am asking questions too....this is far serious....why would stone run a scam at zero cost and in the company's head office....it doesn't make sense....the md took it all wrong not knowing that he's staffs approved these persons

Give me your address, for arrest angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Application Time For N-power Jobs & Training Programmes / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2013 / How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.