Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,503 members, 7,836,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria (1258 Views)

Did Tinubu Pioneer ECONET, TSA, Economic Summit In Nigeria? Fact Check / Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria / APC Screening: Tinubu Speaks On Bringing ENRON And ECONET To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Omooba77: 4:14pm On May 31, 2022
My uncle held a party for Tony Anenih Jr after his wedding in 2000 in Benin City. Many of the new state governors were in town and came for the party. He got five of them into his bedroom and pitched a company called “CyberTel” which was supposed to bid for a GSM license.

Only Delta State was very keen on it. The others told us that they would get back. Cybertel meged into the consortium called First Independent Networks Limited which was started by Bolaji Balogun and his team at City Securities Limited. It was a harrowing period.

I remember traveling to Delta and Akwa Ibom to try to ensure the commitment of the states. FINL was supposed to hold 60% of the license holding company and 40% went to the foreign partner. We later selected a small company from Zimbabwe called Econet because we felt it was easier.

Econet was supposed to bring 40% of the license money and the technical know-how. We had the equity agreement as shareholder and technical services agreement as operator of the license. That 40% never came. It was excuse after excuse. We finally had to go back to the states.

The initial structure we had proposed was for the license entity Econet Wireless Nigeria (EWN) owned by FINL and the technical partner to own 60% of the operating entity Econet Wireless Mobile (EWM) and the remaining 40% coming into that entity from states like Delta and AKSG.

When the 40% from the operator wasn't coming and other shareholders were leveraged to the hilt, state governments were allowed in to buy secondaries from existing shareholders who had covered the initial $285m license fee they didn't bargain for. Shareholders approached states.

OANDO was a shareholder too. I had convinced them to buy into EWN/FINL in spite of Jite’s reservations. He was asking me why India had not seen growth because of GSM? Wale was convinced that it was the right thing. Osaze Osifo from HSBC Capital also had convinced him that it was.

Osaze and Wale were old classmates. Osaze was running the entire financing of the deal and was a true genius. He was the one who arranged the primaries and secondaries in a manner I am still learning from till today. Wale got Lagos State to buy their secondaries and come in.

That was the extent of the Lagos State involvement in the deal. His relative was the state governor and it made it easier for OANDO to convince them. Tinubu didn't even commit to Cybertel initially. Delta State and Oceanic saved ECONET. David Edevbie saved us all.

David was also the one who suggested still giving the operator 5% even though they didn't bring any money and almost got us wrecked. That proved to be the biggest mistake we made.

https://twitter.com/asemota/status/1531634400856879111

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by alsudan: 4:15pm On May 31, 2022
Thiefnibu is a mad man, a Buhari Pro Max. Even he doesn’t understand the things his mouth utters.

4 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Malory: 4:18pm On May 31, 2022
Imagine a drug lord, a thief and a liar rolled into one. Tinubu shouldn't be allowed to near any corridor of power again

3 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Born2Breed(f): 4:18pm On May 31, 2022
Tinubu is such a pathetic demented liar.

You brought ENRON, not Econet.

I'm reading some comments from some un-informed kids and I'm marvelled at your ignorance.

Tinubu was never among the first investors of Econet, former Akwa Ibom state was there from the onset and Delta state Ibori. Lagos state came later.

If Tinubu could lie like this then everything about him are lies and he should just drink sniper after he loses the primary.

No wonder he was spewing gibberish during the screening, from point A to K and V to D.

What a senile old hag liar!

3 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by DoggoneDogg: 4:18pm On May 31, 2022
What do you expect from a drug baron?

Peter Obi should drop him as running mate ASAP because he can't afford to have this sort of scandal in his administration.

Thief. Ole jati jati.

5 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Massiveglory: 4:18pm On May 31, 2022
Nigerians, let's stop deceiving ourselves with mediocrity and noise. Our nation is in a state of comatose and if we miss it this time, we may not be able to recover anymore.

If chief tinubu mistakenly becomes president, it will be the biggest calamity to hit the green white green in recent history.
No matter how good the deputy is , if the head is not well, the country will collaspe. You see what is happening with Biden as president of the United States, that is where nigeria is heading to with chief Tinubu.
Use your tongue to count your teeth and salvage the nation. Nigeria cannot afford a pmb or biden promax.

2 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Pierohandsome: 4:19pm On May 31, 2022
I knew he lied.

1 Like

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Mooh247: 4:20pm On May 31, 2022
So I should believe this my brother say my uncle said over Jagaban

Everyone sha want use Jagaban trend

4 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Malory: 4:20pm On May 31, 2022
Mooh247:
So I should believe this my brother say my uncle said over Jagaban

Everyone sha want use Jagaban trend
Stop supporting evil

3 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Racoon(m): 4:22pm On May 31, 2022
The shameless chronic lying gene in an average politician

3 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Mooh247: 4:23pm On May 31, 2022
Malory:
Stop supporting evil

Food deliciously served for Mkpuru Mniri miscreants

This done turn IPOB National hero now for pressing their mumu button, he is the new Reno Omokirikiri and FFK

2 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Nackzy: 4:24pm On May 31, 2022
Tinubu is old
Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by InsideLove(f): 4:45pm On May 31, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by ChoCho54(f): 4:46pm On May 31, 2022
I knew tinubu was tweeting from Whatsapp when he said that. cheesy
Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by ChoCho54(f): 4:48pm On May 31, 2022
Mooh247:

Food deliciously served for Mkpuru Mniri miscreants

This done turn IPOB National hero now for pressing their mumu button, he is the new Reno Omokirikiri and FFK

Malory don't play his game.

He wants to derail the thread and divert our attention from what tinubu tweeted from Whatsapp to APC screening committee.

Don't play his game cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Mooh247: 4:49pm On May 31, 2022
ChoCho54:
Malory don't play his game.

He wants to derail the thread and divert our attention from what tinubu tweeted from Whatsapp to APC screening committee.

Don't play his game cheesy

I see... tell me more about this Tinubu meeting

Let's discuss till we reach page 2

I want to learn

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Nigerialabalaba: 4:49pm On May 31, 2022
Na Econet now after d spin dat PYO too fell from Heaven to become VP. Na Iba from hatred dey worry una.

1 Like

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:03pm On May 31, 2022
I learnt Victor Attah led Akwa Ibom state government was part of the group that brought ECONET to Nigeria. But today, I'm hearing a different narrative from APC presidential screening

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by DeleTaller: 5:05pm On May 31, 2022
Omooba77:
My uncle held a party for Tony Anenih Jr after his wedding in 2000 in Benin City. Many of the new state governors were in town and came for the party. He got five of them into his bedroom and pitched a company called “CyberTel” which was supposed to bid for a GSM license.

Only Delta State was very keen on it. The others told us that they would get back. Cybertel meged into the consortium called First Independent Networks Limited which was started by Bolaji Balogun and his team at City Securities Limited. It was a harrowing period.

I remember traveling to Delta and Akwa Ibom to try to ensure the commitment of the states. FINL was supposed to hold 60% of the license holding company and 40% went to the foreign partner. We later selected a small company from Zimbabwe called Econet because we felt it was easier.

Econet was supposed to bring 40% of the license money and the technical know-how. We had the equity agreement as shareholder and technical services agreement as operator of the license. That 40% never came. It was excuse after excuse. We finally had to go back to the states.

The initial structure we had proposed was for the license entity Econet Wireless Nigeria (EWN) owned by FINL and the technical partner to own 60% of the operating entity Econet Wireless Mobile (EWM) and the remaining 40% coming into that entity from states like Delta and AKSG.

When the 40% from the operator wasn't coming and other shareholders were leveraged to the hilt, state governments were allowed in to buy secondaries from existing shareholders who had covered the initial $285m license fee they didn't bargain for. Shareholders approached states.

OANDO was a shareholder too. I had convinced them to buy into EWN/FINL in spite of Jite’s reservations. He was asking me why India had not seen growth because of GSM? Wale was convinced that it was the right thing. Osaze Osifo from HSBC Capital also had convinced him that it was.

Osaze and Wale were old classmates. Osaze was running the entire financing of the deal and was a true genius. He was the one who arranged the primaries and secondaries in a manner I am still learning from till today. Wale got Lagos State to buy their secondaries and come in.

That was the extent of the Lagos State involvement in the deal. His relative was the state governor and it made it easier for OANDO to convince them. Tinubu didn't even commit to Cybertel initially. Delta State and Oceanic saved ECONET. David Edevbie saved us all.

David was also the one who suggested still giving the operator 5% even though they didn't bring any money and almost got us wrecked. That proved to be the biggest mistake we made.

https://twitter.com/asemota/status/1531634400856879111

Nah so dem dey take bring multimillion Company? My uncle say? This people won't stop amazing me..
And it was never in a record that your uncle bring them... imagine I wonder how many bottles of stout u must have taken at your uncle's party...that made you to conclude this rubbish... Tinubu mentioned 2 companies Telecommunications and Power generation company... why did you not also deny the other one? Yes the records are there that he invited those companies and he invested huge money in econet....that yielded billion..that was the first breakthrough lagos ever had... he risk it and it worked. Maybe you don't even know that Tinubu has the biggest share of the OANDO that bought into your percentage...

Here u are saying ur uncle sey.... so how much did ur uncle invest? What was the MOU between ur uncle and the econet company?

You think those that interviewed him yesterday were foolz? If he had lied about a thing am he would have been disqualified.

1 Like

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by slivertongue: 5:05pm On May 31, 2022
I knew he was lying.
Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by ChoCho54(f): 5:06pm On May 31, 2022
Mooh247:

I see... tell me more about this Tinubu meeting

Let's discuss till we reach page 2

I want to learn
Mooh are you saying Tinubu supporters are innocent of that too?
Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Mooh247: 5:07pm On May 31, 2022
ChoCho54:
Mooh are you saying Tinubu supporters are innocent of that too?

Yes we don't insult Pandora hum!! I mean Peter
Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by ChoCho54(f): 5:08pm On May 31, 2022
Mooh247:

Yes we don't insult Pandora hum!! I mean Peter
Kikikiki grin

The fight just begun.
Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Mooh247: 5:10pm On May 31, 2022
ChoCho54:
Kikikiki grin

The fight just begun.

Please listen to your Candidate

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by ChoCho54(f): 5:14pm On May 31, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Na Econet now after d spin dat PYO too fell from Heaven to become VP. Na Iba from hatred dey worry una.
Defending tinubu must be getting too tough with all these his tweets from Whatsapp.

2 Likes

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by ChoCho54(f): 5:16pm On May 31, 2022
Mooh247:

Please listen to your Candidate
I won't play your game. You can't derail this thread.

Tinubu lied against Econet.

Though it could be he never intended to lie. He probably had a brain fa.g

1 Like

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Nigerialabalaba: 5:31pm On May 31, 2022
ChoCho54:
Defending tinubu must be getting too tough with all these his tweets from Whatsapp.
nobody send awon Omo Ibo o. Dem go talk, type trash and con lose. Why u tink say Tinubu no reply any baga ? why u tink say Uwazuruike call una d most foolish group of people for the universe. shiorr
Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by ChoCho54(f): 5:33pm On May 31, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
nobody send awon Omo Ibo o. Dem go talk, type trash and con lose. Why u tink say Tinubu no reply any baga ? why u tink say Uwazuruike call una d most foolish group of people for the universe. shiorr
Tinubu reply anyone?

You want him to talk so that his hands and voice would start quaking feverishly grin
Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Nigerialabalaba: 5:40pm On May 31, 2022
ChoCho54:
Tinubu reply anyone?

You want him to talk so that his hands and voice would start quaking feverishly grin
Nobody send Ibo people for Nigeria. From 5%ter una don become 0.25%ter so make u continue to wail e no mara grin

As u wey be lazy yoot, go work hard for life so dat one day even wen ur hand shake, e go become headline.
Dis ur own current ibo miscreant generatuon don cast patapata

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by ChoCho54(f): 5:48pm On May 31, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Nobody send Ibo people for Nigeria. From 5%ter una don become 0.25%ter so make u continue to wail e no mara grin

As u wey be lazy yoot, go work hard for life so dat one day even wen ur hand shake, e go become headline.
Dis ur own current ibo miscreant generatuon don cast patapata
Igbos may not be politically dominant in Nigeria, but even a pathological hater of the superior race like you would acknowledge the Igbo ingenuity lacking in other Nigerians! Ingenuity, internally internationally acknowledged! grin

1 Like

Re: Truth About Econet, Tinubu Lied About Bringing ECONET To Nigeria by Corporate2020: 5:50pm On May 31, 2022
Ori e o pe. Your head no correct. So, you an your thieving uncle know more than members of the screening committee. You and your uncle are the ones that ruined Econet.

This is part of the truth that I know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are ALL Peter Obi's Supporters Very Insultive, Intolerant, & Aggressive? / Buhari Consoles Ex-PDP Chairman Over Brother’s Killing / " Omo Eni Kiise Idi Bebere Kafi Si Idi Omo Elomi"- OBJ To Charly Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.