Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Should I Force Them To Sell The Property - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Force Them To Sell The Property (778 Views)

My Name Is Not On The Property We Both Contributed For! / Should I Force Them To Sell The Property / Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Showmetheway222: 4:43pm On May 31, 2022
Hello nairalanders,

First of all, am sorry admins for posting this here just I needed it to get attention as I seriously crave for ur advice

Am the first son in my family with a sick father who has stroke, my mum, 2 younger brothers and my kid sis.
My father had stroke late 2019 and since then, I started running his business. My immediate younger brother once went to cape verde to husstle but came back last year wen nothing was coming out. Currently, he is in Anambra doing Yahoo Yahoo but never pick. The other one finished from uni but is yet to get something doing, while my kid sis is at home cos of ASUU strike.

The issue at hand now is business is no longer the way it used to be before cos of the relocation to a new place. (The government demolished our old shop). Income is no longer coming and the little that is coming is no longer sufficient and since it is the only channel of income, its taking its toll on us coupled with our dads illness.
Our dad has an ongoing building project which is at the decking level which I continued until the shops were demolished and two plots of land that is in the innermost rural area and is value will take up to 10-15 years to appreciate.
The conditions around us is really giving me sleepless nights and is starting to show on me. Had it been my younger ones are doing something, I wouldn't be worried cos money will be flowing from different sources but they gat nothing and the only source is drying up.

I got an inspiration which is to convince my peeps to sell that ongoing building project and distribute the money accordingly so that everybody can have something doing but wen I presented it to them, my mum became very adamant because she is so obsessed with being a landlady and said that the day it will be sold is the day she will die for us. This was sometime early this year. Now things are so hard for us that as am even typing this, I haven't sold a damn thing today.

So pls matured fellows, is something wrong with that idea or should I force them to it because there is no time. .

PS: my brothers and I are in our early 30s

1 Like

Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Wanbissaka: 4:46pm On May 31, 2022
Showmetheway222:
Hello nairalanders,

First of all, am sorry admins for posting this here just I needed it to get attention as I seriously crave for ur advice

Am the first son in my family with a sick father who has stroke, my mum, 2 younger brothers and my kid sis.
My father had stroke late 2019 and since then, I started running his business. My immediate younger brother once went to cape verde to husstle but came back last year wen nothing was coming out. Currently, he is in Anambra doing Yahoo Yahoo but never pick. The other one finished from uni but is yet to get something doing, while my kid sis is at home cos of ASUU strike.

The issue at hand now is business is no longer the way it used to be before cos of the relocation to a new place. (The government demolished our old shop). Income is no longer coming and the little that is coming is no longer sufficient and since it is the only channel of income, its taking its toll on us coupled with our dads illness.
Our dad has an ongoing building project which is at the decking level which I continued until the shops were demolished and two plots of land that is in the innermost rural area and is value will take up to 10-15 years to appreciate.
The conditions around us is really giving me sleepless nights and is starting to show on me. Had it been my younger ones are doing something, I wouldn't be worried cos money will be flowing from different sources but they gat nothing and the only source is drying up.

I got an inspiration which is to convince my peeps to sell that ongoing building project and distribute the money accordingly so that everybody can have something doing but wen I presented it to them, my mum became very adamant because she is so obsessed with being a landlady and said that the day it will be sold is the day she will die for us. This was sometime early this year. Now things are so hard for us that as am even typing this, I haven't sold a damn thing today.

So pls matured fellows, is something wrong with that idea or should I force them to it because there is no time. .

before una sell una property make person help me with the least 1k. County hard. 14555.32573. access bank
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Odingo1: 4:48pm On May 31, 2022
Have patience and let your brothers find something doing.

Don’t sell in a haste.
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Showmetheway222: 4:48pm On May 31, 2022
Wanbissaka:
before una sell una property make person help me with the least 1k. County hard. 14555.32573. access bank
angry
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Wanbissaka: 4:49pm On May 31, 2022

Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by BubblingB(m): 4:49pm On May 31, 2022
Get a job... let someone else maybe kid sister run the business
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Showmetheway222: 4:55pm On May 31, 2022
BubblingB:
Get a job... let someone else maybe kid sister run the business
thanks. But she is still in school and is a man's business
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by obaaderemi: 5:01pm On May 31, 2022
It depends on the worth of the property. If selling it can pull you out of poverty and secure your future, fine. That way you will be able to build your mum another house. If not, it's better to leave the house alone and find a job.

Besides, the final decision lies with your father.
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by eddynaira125: 5:02pm On May 31, 2022
Tell us the type of business let's see if we can help you wake up the business
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Showmetheway222: 5:05pm On May 31, 2022
obaaderemi:
It depends on the worth of the property. If selling it can pull you out of poverty and secure your future, fine. That way you will be able to build your mum another house. If not, it's better to leave the house alone and find a job.

Besides, the final decision lies with your father.
thanks bro. Just that she isn't cut out to hear such thing. She won't even give u a listening ear
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Showmetheway222: 5:05pm On May 31, 2022
eddynaira125:
Tell us the type of business let's see if we can help you wake up the business
wine and spirits
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by sisisioge: 5:10pm On May 31, 2022
So next is to call a meeting to discuss how each member intend to support the family. Let them understand just how dry the well is....your mom should chair the meeting.

1 Like

Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by InsideLove(f): 5:13pm On May 31, 2022
Ok
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Showmetheway222: 5:13pm On May 31, 2022
sisisioge:
So next is to call a meeting to discuss how each member intend to support the family. Let them understand just how dry the well is....your mom should chair the meeting.
dear, it will be much easier if they all had something doing. Believe me wen I tell u that
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by eddynaira125: 5:14pm On May 31, 2022
Showmetheway222:
wine and spirits

I won't ask the location, but I would advise you go into Bar, with the aim of setting up a club in future, if you can search for fund and run a bar, you will make the profit of a cartoon of wine or spirit from few bottles sold out, but doing the bar thing don't discard the retail/ wholesale that your father has started.

If the idea is okay, reply my quote then I will give you tip to run a successful bar.
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by justified007: 5:14pm On May 31, 2022
I am not a fan of selling properties especially since that is the families only reasonable property and you may not even get a reasonable buyer for the property for years so instead of placing your hopes on that building I will advise you to think out of the box and find means of making the business profitable and viable again.

1 Like

Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Showmetheway222: 5:19pm On May 31, 2022
eddynaira125:

I won't ask the location, but I would advise you go into Bar, with the aim of setting up a club in future, if you can search for fund and run a bar, you will make the profit of a cartoon of wine or spirit from few bottles sold out, but doing the bar thing don't discard the retail/ wholesale that your father has started.

If the idea is okay, reply my quote then I will give you tip to run a successful bar.
bro thank you so much for the nice tip. But as it now, I cant afford that cos sea is running Dry because of so much dependence on it. I already have that in mind but all needs to be settled to reduce the over depence. Then I will now have space to reason for mysef
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 31, 2022
Wanbissaka:
op you need slap+cord
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by eddynaira125: 5:27pm On May 31, 2022
Showmetheway222:
bro thank you so much for the nice tip. But as it now, I cant afford that cos sea is running Dry because of so much dependence on it. I already have that in mind but all needs to be settled to reduce the over depence. Then I will now have space to reason for mysef

Please can you talk about the new location you just rent, don't state the name of the place, I would like to know the level of traffic of customer, how busy it look like, and hope you are not within Northern Nigeria.
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by sisisioge: 5:32pm On May 31, 2022
Showmetheway222:
dear, it will be much easier if they all had something doing. Believe me wen I tell u that

I know, right. You are apparently over thinking for other grown people. Your efforts and suggestions havent helped so far....throw it opened to all to deliberate on way forward. It is a sure way to get them on your side regarding the property or at least get another solution suggested. If your mom still says no without any new solutions...sleeping on empty stomachs, school fee-less semester, etc will be understandable. Good luck.

I still find it strange how your tribe places so much responsibilities on the first child. It is well.
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Showmetheway222: 7:19pm On May 31, 2022
sisisioge:

I know, right. You are apparently over thinking for other grown people. Your efforts and suggestions havent helped so far....throw it opened to all to deliberate on way forward. It is a sure way to get them on your side regarding the property or at least get another solution suggested. If your mom still says no without any new solutions...sleeping on empty stomachs, school fee-less semester, etc will be understandable. Good luck.

I still find it strange how your tribe places so much responsibilities on the first child. It is well.
thanks so much
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Blaxie: 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
Wanbissaka:
Guy you're ruthless grin
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by Blaxie: 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
Wanbissaka:
Re: Should I Force Them To Sell The Property by frozen70(f): 1:57am On Jun 04, 2022
Showmetheway222:
Hello nairalanders,

You can't kill yourself to make them reason with you

Hence Fort if they ask for money tell them sales have been poor

Keep saying it to the whole family as a ringing tone that you are tired because sales are poor

Continue that way until they decide to sell the property

So stop suggesting that property sales to them again

When they realise that you are no longer bringing money

Every one will get sense

They are relaxing because you carry the burden
. Drop the cross let them start carrying it and see how heavy it is

Even when they finally agreed to sell it, just supervise how they are selling it to avoid stories

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened To The 1k I Had After Prayers. / Bride Price In Some Places In Nigeria / Your Salary Can't Meet Up With Your Expenses!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.