Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance (45570 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku Sends Adamawa Gov To Wike, Meeting Deadlocked / Secondus: PDP Governors’ Meeting Deadlocked / Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by yeking18(m): 8:18pm On May 31, 2022
All we want as a consensus candidate is CITY BOY and not even STAR BOY or we go to the convention to test on each candidate political popularity and structure by the delegate.

I'm tired of this Village boys Fulani Hausa, that as been toying with our destiny with their ethno- religious policy that is taking the fortune of the country back to 780 BC. I'm neither tribalistic nor biased with my opinion but that is just the bitter truth please digest it.

CITY BOY 2023

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Denko2721987(m): 8:18pm On May 31, 2022
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin
The North will always be North,
The have thrown the South under the bus again.
Atiku emergence as PDP Presidential Candidate has altered APC permutations,APC had hoped and prayed for a Wike's victory last Saturday, that didn't happen, they never wanted Atiku as PDP Presidential candidate, they will never risk fielding a Southerner against Atiku, it is political suicide for APC.

As a person who has lived in the north and understand the way their mindset works, this is a fact but many Southerners don't seem to understand this..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by helinues: 8:18pm On May 31, 2022
ityP:

I no get any other moniker for nairaland. This has always been mine since 2012. If I get ban, you no go see me for nairaland at all grin

Tell that to the gods. This same moniker that has been busted severally.

Let us know when you are done lying to yourself
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by HardMirror(m): 8:19pm On May 31, 2022
triple996:
Buhari wants tinubu....it's obvious
you font know Buhari. Even tinubu knows buhari cannot pick him go and ask baba akande

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Lightorder: 8:19pm On May 31, 2022
Nigerians listen ! Whoever buhari choses will never probe the whereabouts of all the funds they borrowed and squandered without giving any account

Whoever buhari choses would do nothing while his fulani kinsmen slaughter you all and take your lands from north to south . Get ready for RUGA implementation 2. This time , it will be with their AK 47 . The military will only look the other way as they raise hell on you all !!!!! BEWARE ! If you like be here beefing Peter Obi , Tinubu and Osinbajo. Southerns are FOOOOOOLISH. Southerners are perpetuating northerners in power.

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Deblow: 8:20pm On May 31, 2022
The choice of the PDP via the emergence of Atiku has practically unsettled the previous political calculation of APC. They are now in a big dilemma because, a southern candidate by the APC is a political suicide for them. Atiku will use his overwhelming northern support to finish first at the polls. On the other hand, a northern candidate by the APC will attract a massive protest votes from the south leaving the north available for share with Atiku more likely to have upper hand there because of his huge financial war chest. At any rate, we are watching the unfolding interesting scenarios

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by leokid866: 8:20pm On May 31, 2022
helinues:

And you didn't know that most of the aspirants from SW like Amosun and co only obatained the form to garner support for the preferred candidate?

Fayemi was even pictured with Osinbajo immediately after his screening. What does that tell you?
lol what political strength does Osibanjo have? Outside the presidential election of 2015 and 2019 where Buharis name was the ticket holder which election has Osibanjo ever run for on his own that he feels he will win a presidential race...... Before 2015 did you yourself ever see him as a political person?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by helinues: 8:20pm On May 31, 2022
ityP:

Oh, I understand you now. You're an Osinbajo man. No wonder you come dey do like say you get sense small grin. Tinubu people na the bad blood of SW BMC true true. Even is well behaved now grin.

See, we had the discussion about the 2023 election like 3 years ago which I and the person you mentioned made our intentions known on who we wi be supporting for the presidency in 2023.

I don't need to repeat myself about it cos most of what we discussed about then are now becoming reality
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by kingyakos: 8:20pm On May 31, 2022
Gozac:

That's his strategy, he did during Adamu's emergence as the national chairman

It's obvious he doesn't want tinubu
1: Party chairman not tinubu's favorite
2: Screening chairman john oyegun not tinubu's favorite.
Buhari is bringing his enemy straight to his face still he can't get the clear picture.
Obaseki would've been among the screening committee if he was in APC grin
Resign and move on to another party like Obi did he's there like a gyroscopes.
Buhari will execute the job him self

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by helinues: 8:21pm On May 31, 2022
leokid866:
lol what political strength does Osibanjo have? Outside the presidential election of 2015 and 2019 where Buharis name was the ticket holder which election has Osibanjo ever run for on his own that he feels he will win a presidential race...... Before 2015 did you yourself ever see him as a political person?

There are so many things people like you don't know about the games been played. Let's just wait after the primary.

The discussion about the 2023 election was held like 3 years ago on this forum. So no repeating of myself

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:22pm On May 31, 2022
...The president left for Spain immediately after the meeting with the governors...

As in, I've told you what I want to tell you, before I come back, you guys better get your heads in the right place. Nobody should come to me for any "further consultation" on what I've told you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Gozac: 8:25pm On May 31, 2022
kingyakos:

It's obvious he doesn't want tinubu
1: Party chairman not tinubu's favorite
2: Screening chairman john oyegun not tinubu's favorite.
Buhari is bringing his enemy straight to his face still he can't get the clear picture.
Obaseki would've been among the screening committee if he was in APC grin
Resign and move on to another party like Obi did he's there like a gyroscopes.
Buhari will execute the job him self
Do you know that the campaign manager of Adamu and Amaechi is same person?

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by leokid866: 8:25pm On May 31, 2022
Deblow:
The choice of the PDP via the emergence of Atiku has practically unsettled the previous political calculation of APC. They are now in a big dilemma because, a southern candidate by the APC is a political suicide for them. Atiku will use his overwhelming northern support to finish first at the polls. On the other hand, a northern candidate by the APC will attract a massive protest votes from the south leaving the north available for share with Atiku more likely to have upper hand there because of his huge financial war chest. At any rate, we are watching the unfolding interesting scenarios
APC cannot field a northern candidate, Atiku is the number one politician in the north outside Buhari and will floor any other northern candidate. However if Tinubu is backed by the Presidency they just might pull it off cause let's be honest no one in the south wants to vote another northerner for another eight years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by osca234: 8:26pm On May 31, 2022

“Our objective must be the victory of our party and our choice of candidate must be someone who would give the Nigerian masses a sense of victory and confidence even before the elections,” he said.

Did you see the stupid reason?

powerfulguy:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/533910-presidential-candidate-apc-governors-meeting-deadlocked-after-buharis-stance.html
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:27pm On May 31, 2022
Buhari is a very wise old man. Very wise. He knew all along that a transition from a Muslim to another Muslim will speak worst of his acclaimed integrity and legacy. He as a result started sending messages to Tinubu by first of all, remove Adams Oshiomole.
Now, he's at the crossroads and you either cross with him or be crushed by his premeditated decision.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Masterito(m): 8:28pm On May 31, 2022
Lol, fight dirty? Lol, get ready to drink potopoto.
Corporate2020:
I think this guy has mental disorders.

He solicited reciprocal support from the governors, if he is not mentally unstable, then he will know that the only reciprocal support should be to support Tinubu who helped him (Buhari) to become President after three woeful failed attempt. Anything less than that is not recipocal. He should go and meet the Almajari that told him to use that word to teach him another word to use.

Mind you, we have Plan-B and Plan-C, and we have not hidden that fact. We are ready to fight dirty, and we mean it.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Mccullum: 8:29pm On May 31, 2022
Each of the governors will argue to protect his own interest on who will be the successor of Buhari,

the talks will continue till when an alignment and realignment will get to a stoppable stage,

this is decisive stage for the APC, out come of this will determine the future of ruling party.

series of interests will clash if they fail to compromise for one another, it could lead to monumental defeat.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by leokid866: 8:31pm On May 31, 2022
helinues:

There are so many things people like you don't know about the games been played. Let's just wait after the primary.

The discussion about the 2023 election was held like 3 years ago on this forum. So no repeating of myself
lol please just enlighting me .... You people want to push someone who as no political strength forward because you don't like someone else lol..... I have nothing against the man but the reason he moved his polling unit to Ogun was because it was a bad look for someone of his calibre not to be able amass victory in his own polling unit in Lagos. But you feel he will win presidency cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by leokid866: 8:33pm On May 31, 2022
Pharaoh4rin:
Buhari is a very wise old man. Very wise. He knew all along that a transition from a Muslim to another Muslim will speak worst of his acclaimed integrity and legacy. He as a result started sending messages to Tinubu by first of all, remove Adams Oshiomole.
Now, he's at the crossroads and you either cross with him or be crushed by his premeditated decision.
lol who Christianity help?

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by helinues: 8:34pm On May 31, 2022
leokid866:
lol please just enlighting me .... You people want to push someone who as no political strength forward because you don't like someone else lol..... I have nothing against the man but the reason he moved his polling unit to Ogun was because it was a bad look for someone of his calibre not to be able amass victory in his own polling unit in Lagos. But you feel he will win presidency cheesy grin

Perhaps, Atiku could have also moved his Polling unit to Cameroon cos he also lost his own polling booth. Don't you think

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by kingyakos: 8:35pm On May 31, 2022
Gozac:

Do you know that the campaign manager of Adamu and Amaechi is same person?

Bros, forget amaechi he's not even buhari's choice.

Ahmed Lawan all the way.
SS and SW of Tinubu, the block head osinbajo, Amaechi, ibikunle amoseun, God's will Akpabio are all greedy idiot, they'll stupidly gave back power to the north.
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Truthisunique2: 8:35pm On May 31, 2022
casualobserver:

If he wanted Tinubu, there would be no need for consensus. He clearly doesnt want Tinubu but he will not succeed because Tinubu wont step down. He will either allow a fair election or the party will implode.

i highly suspect his candidate is Amaechi.
can he get his desire without tinubu?

Yes

How?

The party is bigger than tinubu and can set the direction to follow, if the NEC, NWC which have already backed consesus insist on it.

Don't forget consesus acceptance was in the screening question cum form filling

They can invoke it as prerequisite for been in the race if tinubu still insists despite the power blocks prevailing on him

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2022
BestMan001:
Yemi Osinbanjo will perform better

How many LIKES for him?

Yemi Osibanjo as a candidate is a free win for PDP because Tinubu will back off hence APC will collapsed in west APC stronghold in southern Nigeria, who will rally round Osibanjo ?

the North with NNPP and PDP? APC with divided house?

Tinubu candidacy will tense things down and APC will be fine again

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Reference(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2022
Meaning that if he does not select his successor he will not provide 'strong leadership'... aka will be completely aloof in the general elections.... aka his party will be hung out to dry....
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by funshint(m): 8:36pm On May 31, 2022
An absentee ruler wants to choose successor? This man is a clown...he should just let the primaries hold and the best person emerge as winner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Truthisunique2: 8:36pm On May 31, 2022
leokid866:
lol who Christianity help?
it helped me and billions of people

It has been tilumbu Achilles heel since 2015

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Foolishbuhari: 8:38pm On May 31, 2022
Corporate2020:

But Judas Osinbajo is still not yet sensible enough to step down for his godfather. Maybe he is waiting till the die minutes. Maybe it is even a game plan by the master strategist Jagaban Borgu

grin cheesy
Mk buhari pity people oh
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Gozac: 8:38pm On May 31, 2022
kingyakos:

Bros, forget amaechi he's not even buhari's choice.

Ahmed Lawan all the way.
SS and SW of Tinubu, the block head osinbajo, Amaechi, ibikunle amoseun, God's will Akpabio are all greedy idiot, they'll stupidly gave back power to the north.
Ok nah
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by leokid866: 8:39pm On May 31, 2022
Truthisunique2:
it helped me and billions of people

It has been tilumbu Achilles heel since 2015
lol religion is just for the masses like you......in the real politics of Nigeria religion takes a back seat.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by adinoyiM(m): 8:39pm On May 31, 2022
ChangetheChange:

That was his biggest mistake, he clearly saw the hand writing on the wall that Buhari and his Aso Rock cabal disliked him right from Buhari first term in office, but he kept trying to impress them and trust them, but they were always suspicious of Tinubu's personality
He should have decamped to SDP since 2 years ago when Oshiomole his loyalist was removed as APC Chairman
It is too late for him to make any impact if goes to another party, what is sure after he is dumped from the APC Presidential race, he will secretly back Atiku his friend.

And leave a party which he laboured to build and bring into power? Buhari and the cabal do not own the APC.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Foolishbuhari: 8:40pm On May 31, 2022
Corporate2020:

Every South Westerner is against the breathing mannequin hiding inside the Rock picking another failure like himself
Why are you abusing buhari now ehn? Ain't he the best thing after fried rice no more?

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Conrod: 8:41pm On May 31, 2022
Corporate2020:
I think this guy has mental disorders.

He solicited reciprocal support from the governors, if he is not mentally unstable, then he will know that the only reciprocal support should be to support Tinubu who helped him (Buhari) to become President after three woeful failed attempt. Anything less than that is not recipocal. He should go and meet the Almajari that told him to use that word to teach him another word to use.

Mind you, we have Plan-B and Plan-C, and we have not hidden that fact. We are ready to fight dirty, and we mean it.
Dont provoke efcc into a "bullion van enqiry,"...though crying and maybe suicide is allowed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldier Loses His Leg After IED Explosion By Boko Haram. Graphic Photos / Peter Obi Supporters Unveil Labour Party In Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos) / Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.