Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,378 members, 7,861,044 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:00 PM

Total Gridlock on Lokoja- Abuja Express Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Total Gridlock on Lokoja- Abuja Express Road (639 Views)

Lokoja-Abuja Expressway Flood: Advice For Motorists By FRSC / 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) / Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Total Gridlock on Lokoja- Abuja Express Road by Emeks008(m): 3:03am On Jun 01, 2022
Please this a travelling advisory for those who want to go out of Abuja today or planning to come to Abuja today via Lokoja Abuja road. Pls Avoid the road because the holdup on that road presently is not a child play.

I arrived Lokoja around 4pm on dot yesterday evening thinking that I will reach Abuja by 6pm but to my surprise, the journey of two hours turned to 10hrs.

The holdup starts from Nigeria Navy Check point Banda down to Koton-kafe.

It's a short distance journey on a normal day. The aforementioned location is just 20mins drives from each other but we spent 8hours on that short route.

I learnt that the holdup was caused by trailer drivers protesting the death of their member whom allegedly loss his life in the hand of Nigeria Army while serving punishment as a result of his reckless driving at the checkpoint.

The Protestant crossed the dual lane with their trucks making it impossible for any vehicle to pass through the muritala bridge.

Many traveller are stalked within Koton and Banda presently.
if you are planning to follow that road to Abuja or going outside Abuja via that road, just make sure you add at least extra 5hrs to your arrival time.

Photos below was taken around 6:35pm yesterday.

Re: Total Gridlock on Lokoja- Abuja Express Road by Emeks008(m): 3:11am On Jun 01, 2022
I arrived safely to Abuja 2am this morning.

If you are going to western part of the country from Kaduna, Kano, Zaria, Sokoto,etc... Pls follow Bida, mokwa - jebba road .

Those going towards eastern/ South South states, follow benue state to avoid story that touches the heart grin

1 Like

Re: Total Gridlock on Lokoja- Abuja Express Road by ogbuefi677(m): 3:15am On Jun 01, 2022
Na them.
Hausa boys,small thing them done block road,if it were inside Abuja their colleagues doing okada and mai-barrow will join them and start burning anybody or anything they see

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Fights Her Way Off An Aircraft Over Breathing Problems (video) / Beautiful Aerial View Of Trans-nkisi Anambra State(video) / Post Office!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.