Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? (1893 Views)

Because Of Tinubu,yorubas Apc Did Below To Osibanjo~ photo / Men claim Peter Obi Has Done Nothing For The East Hence They Prefer Tinubu / Nnamdi Kanu Cries Again "Yoruba Wake Up, Something About To Happen To Osibanjo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Help2020: 10:22am On Jun 01, 2022
Themainboy22:
Despite the fact they are both yoruba, Osibanjo being younger, healthier, more educated and would possibly do better than the former?.
How did you arrive at this? Don't mistake those APC members working for their stomach with Yoruba abeg. On a general election between tinubu and Osinbajo tinubu go collect wotowoto anyday,anytime.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Michael004: 10:23am On Jun 01, 2022
Themainboy22:
Despite the fact they are both yoruba, Osibanjo being younger, healthier, more educated and would possibly do better than the former?.
And how many yorubas did you meet to conclude and what is your problem with people's preferences?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by OFFICIAL336: 10:24am On Jun 01, 2022
Only Yoruba moslems support Tinubu
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Help2020: 10:26am On Jun 01, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:
Yoruba are calculative Tribe

Tinubu that y'all hate is a detrabilize leader than Osibanjo, While Tinubu give room for Igbo and other tribe political participant In Lagos political and civil service, Ambofe tried to cut that off, you know what? that Ambode was supported against Tinubu among others

Osibanjo is a sectionalized leaders, someone who dine with the elites, someone who want to build his own empire with the range of elites

Osibanjo is a very intelligent man and no doubt that he will performed but we always do the bidding of Northerners because of second term,

Tinubu on the other hand is like Obj, while but Obj was pursuing Third term hence doing the bidding of Northerners, Tinubu that I know we correct the abnormalities of Nigeria political space that favour Northerner than southerner

Peter Obi is also another example that can do that but the memory of 1966 coup could triggered Northerners to retreat

the fear of Northerner is how radical Tinubu can be, Tinubu second term might restructure Nigeria. all southerners must support this man, we can tend to handover our destiny in the hand of this aboki that only understand politics but lack good governance
This one go bring in Ambode from nowhere. Oga rest.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by techWriter3: 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
Because we tell he is a puppetry for fulani
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2022
Help2020:

This one go bring in Ambode from nowhere. Oga rest.

Ambode almost send your kinsmen out of Lagos before Tinubu cut shot his excesses hence you igbo should turned Tinubu to idols than that idiot getting you cow killed in Killing East
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Help2020: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:

Ambode almost send your kinsmen out of Lagos before Tinubu cut shot his excesses hence you igbo should turned Tinubu to idols than that idiot getting you cow killed in Killing East
If Ambode nearly cut igbos out of Lagos let igbos worry about that,why are you pushing it on them?
Well,you're to myopic to see beyond tribe,that's why anybody that says anything you don't like about tinubu automatically become Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2022
Help2020:

If Ambode nearly cut igbos out of Lagos let igbos worry about that,why are you pushing it on them?
Well,you're to myopic to see beyond tribe,that's why anybody that says anything you don't like about tinubu automatically become Igbo.

only a mad people hate Tinubu, Tinubu is not behind your abject poverty or retrogression, so I'm wondering why the unnecessary hate

even the person I quoted didn't say anything you're the one jumping like loose monkey to quote Me, seems you want to be unfortunate

you can't change my ideology, so better rest that your filthy hands

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Help2020: 2:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:

only agbero people like Tinubu, Tinubu has eaten deep into the destinies of lagosians including me,but we have to like him because he gave me job as an agbero.

Fixed
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by IgOga(m): 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2022
What statistics are you citing for this?

Tinubu is a leader in Yoruba land...most of the prominent Yorubas in politics today (including Osibanjo) were raised by Tinubu....including opposition members...even Sunday Igboho had been blessed by Tinubu ( Igboho said he visited Tinubu many years ago and Tinubu gave him #1 million). Tinubu however has so much power that many fear he's becoming a god in the political space. In Lagos for example if Tinubu speaks there are millions willing to carry out his command even if it doesn't make any sense.

Osibanjo was brought into LASG by Tinubu. Osibanjo served as Commissioner of Justice and he is a gentleman. many have said Osibanjo did not use his good office to better the lives of Yorubas apart from his family members and friends....he is considered by many as selfish....and more recently a traitor who should not be trusted....Osibanjo surrounds himself with Aregbesola and Ojudu who are not seen as straightforward men...Osibanjo has a good advantage in making a case that it is the turn of a christian to be president and as a vice president he's more than qualified to be in that office....others have said Osibanjo is not respected in the north....and to become a president you need a good support in the north...

I believe Yorubas will support either Tinubu or Osibanjo if they become APC candidate

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Idiko1: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
Themainboy22:

You deliberately omitted one variable, religion. Majority of the Yoruba are Muslims. Even the majority of so-called royal fathers in Yorubaland are Muslims.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Donshegxy10(m): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
Belial06:

Actually I disagree with you on this.
Don't confuse online tools you see on Nairaland ranting all day as generality of the opinion of the Yorubas. Go out into the street if you live in the SW , talk to the folk and see whom they really support. You would be surprised.

Nothing like surprise, I am telling you for a fact that TINUBU is preferred than osinbajo not because he is better than osinbajo but because he is the only politician in APC as at today that can win a national election against atiku.

Tell me the influence of osinbajo in nigerian politics?

This is a man that can not even win his ward.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Belial06: 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

Nothing like surprise, I am telling you for a fact that TINUBU is preferred than osinbajo not because he is better than osinbajo but because he is the only politician in APC as at today that can win a national election against atiku.

You are speaking from a party perspective I am speaking from citizens perspective. Osibanjo is liked than Tinubu. From Ile Ife to ogbomosho, to Akure , Ibadan, ask the coommmin man and woman on the street of the SW. They love Osibanjo more.. when you are liked truly you don't need so much media propaganda and hype. Did you see the late Bashorun campaign or do media propaganda the way BAT does ?

The truth is BAT doesn't have a positive an image as Osibanjo. Let's leave politics aside and look at personal branding here.

Osibanjo is more marketable than Asiwaju. Do you agree Mr Segun?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Princevirus(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2022

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Oracleforce: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2022
The error of generalization.

who told you all Yoruba people prefer Tinubu .... ...to Osinbajo?

I

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Donshegxy10(m): 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2022
Belial06:

You are speaking from a party perspective I am speaking from citizens perspective. Osibanjo is liked than Tinubu. From Ile Ife to ogbomosho, to Akure , Ibadan, ask the coommmin man and woman on the street of the SW. They love Osibanjo more.. when you are liked truly you don't need so much media propaganda and hype. Did you see the late Bashorun campaign or do media propaganda the way BAT does ?

The truth is BAT doesn't have a positive an image as Osibanjo. Let's leave politics aside and look at personal branding here.

Osibanjo is more marketable than Asiwaju. Do you agree Mr Segun?

I agree with you but in all sincerity, those who know Nigerian politics will tell you that osinbajo cannot win a presidential election in Nigeria against an atiku.

I once wrote on this thread that my preference are osinbajo, obi, tinubu, moghalu and durotoye, but in all of this, only tinubu has the structure to stand against an atiku.

If tinubu is inconsequential why is APC running up and down since 2 years ago all because of one man.

Osinbajo is marketable I agree with you but that can not win election in Nigeria, those who are marketable than osinbajo has always lost woefully in nigerian politics, you need tact, strategy, structure and money to win election in Nigeria.

I love osinbajo because he is my pastor and I strongly believe that he can reposition Nigeria, I am supporting tinubu because I know that he is the only candidate who can defeat atiku in today's APC.
If PDP had picked obi, I would have confidently lean with osinbajo.

Either osinbajo or tinubu, it is a win/win for me, but I tell you for a fact that APC picking osinbajo will be the end for APC.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Belial06: 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

I agree with you but in all sincerity, those who know Nigerian politics will tell you that osinbajo cannot win a presidential election in Nigeria against an atiku.

I once wrote on this thread that my preference are osinbajo, obi, tinubu, moghalu and durotoye, but in all of this, only tinubu has the structure to stand against an atiku.

If tinubu is inconsequential why is APC running up and down since 2 years ago all because of one man.

Osinbajo is marketable I agree with you but that can not win election in Nigeria, those who are marketable than osinbajo has always lost woefully in nigerian politics, you need tact, strategy, structure and money to win election in Nigeria.

I love osinbajo because he is my pastor and I strongly believe that he can reposition Nigeria, I am supporting tinubu because I know that he is the only candidate who can defeat atiku in today's APC.
If PDP had picked obi, I would have confidently lean with osinbajo.

Either osinbajo or tinubu, it is a win/win for me, but I tell you for a fact that APC picking osinbajo will be the end for APC.

Hmmm sound points.

You feel Osibanjo would defeat Obi in a free fair election where only educated people like us would vote? I doubt it .

In such an election people would now question his doings and involvement in this Buhari's government

Now on the flip side we in the SS don't see Tinubu as a viable option. We just see him as a triibalist.
And.we and the SE vote the same.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by FoodDE: 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2022
Forget these online urchins. Come to street and hear what is happening

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Donshegxy10(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2022
Belial06:

Hmmm sound points.

You feel Osibanjo would defeat Obi in a free fair election where only educated people like us would vote? I doubt it .

In such an election people would now question his doings and involvement in this Buhari's government

Now on the flip side we in the SS don't see Tinubu as a viable option. We just see him as a triibalist.
And.we and the SE vote the same.

Honestly I think osinbajo will defeat obi.....
My reasons are, obi is not loved by the igbo elite because they know that they can gain much from his government.

Osinbajo will win about 80% votes from the south west and buhari's popularity will help him in the core north.

The choice of vice really matters, osinbajo will probably run with a zulum or El rufai, who has large following and are loved in the north, I don't see obi running with a northerner that is well loved in such manner.

Osinbajo will bank on federal might.

Osinbajo and obi are both intellectuals, many igbos love osinbajo.

Obi emergence will probably make wike and atiku to work against the PDP.

Lastly from 1999, the voting numbers from the East has always reduce, with ipob and kanu trouble, there will be voter aparthy In the south east.

I hope with my few points, I have been able to convince you why osinbajo will defeat obi easily.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by SimplePlan34: 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
Not true but I would say it's been split between Muslim and Christian lines. Also the educated and affluent support Osinbajo while the more street person supports Tinubu even if educated.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Belial06: 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

Honestly I think osinbajo will defeat obi.....
My reasons are, obi is not loved by the igbo elite because they know that they can gain much from his government.

Osinbajo will win about 80% votes from the south west and buhari's popularity will help him in the core north.

The choice of vice really matters, osinbajo will probably run with a zulum or El rufai, who has large following and are loved in the north, I don't see obi running with a northerner that is well loved in such manner.

Osinbajo will bank on federal might.

Osinbajo and obi are both intellectuals, many igbos love osinbajo.

Obi emergence will probably make wike and atiku to work against the PDP.

Lastly from 1999, the voting numbers from the East has always reduce, with ipob and kanu trouble, there will be voter aparthy In the south east.

I hope with my few points, I have been able to convince you why osinbajo will defeat obi easily.

Let's leave tribalsim aside I am speaking in the ideal.. Osibanjo isn't lived by the Muslim Yoruba and the elite either do that nullifies your first point.

Secondly we all know that leaving state aside and tribalism the SW alone cannot give Osibanjo the victory. 60% of voters in Lagos are from the southsouth and southeast. Core lagosunas make up lass than 10% of the voters in Lagos these ar facts.

Hence don't just conclude , secondly the southsouth and southeast block votes plus those residing outside the two regions plus the north central who will surely vote Obi because incase you don't know the north central is adjacent to the southsouth and we share alot in common with them apart from both being Christians .

Now unfortunately for Osibanjo the fact he was in Bunaris government has done him a huge blow even in today's relautynthats what Tinubu supporters are using against him.

So to reiterate I don't think Osibanjo can defeat Obi in a free and fair election in which only eductaed people voted it would be impossible.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by frowland(m): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
Shayetet13:
Just say that Tinubu has more online urchins. They make him appear larger than life. That is not the situation in the south west. Those urchins are not more than 2000

Lol
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by frowland(m): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by frowland(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

Oga comot from here. Even your Almighty Tinubu will NOT win VGC. You think urchins live there?
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Donshegxy10(m): 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
Belial06:

Let's leave tribalsim aside I am speaking in the ideal.. Osibanjo isn't lived by the Muslim Yoruba and the elite either do that nullifies your first point.

Secondly we all know that leaving state aside and tribalism the SW alone cannot give Osibanjo the victory. 60% of voters in Lagos are from the southsouth and southeast. Core lagosunas make up lass than 10% of the voters in Lagos these ar facts.

Hence don't just conclude , secondly the southsouth and southeast block votes plus those residing outside the two regions plus the north central who will surely vote Obi because incase you don't know the north central is adjacent to the southsouth and we share alot in common with them apart from both being Christians .

Now unfortunately for Osibanjo the fact he was in Bunaris government has done him a huge blow even in today's relautynthats what Tinubu supporters are using against him.

So to reiterate I don't think Osibanjo can defeat Obi in a free and fair election in which only eductaed people voted it would be impossible.

I respect your opinion and I like educative and non toxic argument.

In the few months osinbajo used as acting governor, even the opposition gave him credit.

South south, south east and North Central has the lowest voting blocks in the country.

I mentioned about the voter aparthy in the south east.

Despite the larger percentage of igbos in Lagos, ASIWAJU always win in Lagos and it will not change now, Lagos may be close but osinbajo will win with the influence of tinubu.

Osinbajo may not be loved but I mentioned the importance of a quality vice like elrufai and zulum.

I mentioned how obi has not always been loved by igbo elites who mostly influence the direction the people will go.

The hausa community will prefer osinbajo than obi.

Don't forget that osinbajo will also be riding on the influence of buhari in the north, all buhari needed to do is to raise his hand up in the core north.

Lastly to be truthful to ourselves, there can never be a free and fair election in Nigeria for now, obi can not spend money and I don't think atiku and wike will bankroll him without getting the ticket.

It will be close but I think osinbajo will pick it.

My candidates are, osinbajo, obi, durotoye and moghalu, but with the backing of different structures and federal might osinbajo will defeat them.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Donshegxy10(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
frowland:

Oga comot from here. Even your Almighty Tinubu will NOT win VGC. You think urchins live there?

Rest, he has always win it and he will win it again.

Infact he has always win Lagos even against federal might he still won.

Politics is not about sentiment and emotions but logical reasoning.

Reason the matter very well, don't be consume be hate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2022
Help2020:

Fixed

you're just a certified hate filled jobless idiiot, Tinubu is not the cause for your joblessness

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Belial06: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

I respect your opinion and I like educative and non toxic argument.

In the few months osinbajo used as acting governor, even the opposition gave him credit.

South south, south east and North Central has the lowest voting blocks in the country.

I mentioned about the voter aparthy in the south east.

Despite the larger percentage of igbos in Lagos, ASIWAJU always win in Lagos and it will not change now, Lagos may be close but osinbajo will win with the influence of tinubu.

Osinbajo may not be loved but I mentioned the importance of a quality vice like elrufai and zulum.

I mentioned how obi has not always been loved by igbo elites who mostly influence the direction the people will go.

The hausa community will prefer osinbajo than obi.

Don't forget that osinbajo will also be riding on the influence of buhari in the north, all buhari needed to do is to raise his hand up in the core north.

Lastly to be truthful to ourselves, there can never be a free and fair election in Nigeria for now, obi can not spend money and I don't think atiku and wike will bankroll him without getting the ticket.

It will be close but I think osinbajo will pick it.

My candidates are, osinbajo, obi, durotoye and moghalu, but with the backing of different structures and federal might osinbajo will defeat them.

I like the point you raised about Asiwaju in Lagos.
Contrary to what the trolls make you believe here , the SE and SS citizens in Lagos all vote for Tinubu, because he has always provided an enbaking environment for business to thrive.

The trolls here have never travkled out of their homestead.
Now I want to admonish that you don't give up hope, never say never. I stirngky believe that there will be free and fair elections in Nigeria someday.

Lastly , I don't agree that the Hausa community will prefer Osibanjo to Obi, infact on the contrary I know for a fact they will not. I frequent.the north regularly, forget all the propaganda you see online. Whoever Buhari says they should vote in the north is who they will vote. Now if buhari doesn't select someone trust me when I say Atiku will get 100% vote from the north in bloc, without mincing words.

Neither Obi, Osibanjo nor Asiwaju can compete with Atiku when it comes to that.

Buhari knows this too hence why I have been surprised he is even talking of a consensus because he knows that Waziri has a strong following in the North forget media propaganda.

In 2011 I was part of the national Atiku campaign group , my jurisdiction was part of the group managing south.

I occasionally had course to see stats data and visit with my colleagues in the north.

Mr Segun let me be blunt. If not it was buhari Atiku contested against, Atiku wom the entire north easily.

Tinubu nor Osibanjo nor Obi won't get 1% vote. In the entire north quote me sir
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Donshegxy10(m): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2022
Belial06:

I like the point you raised about Asiwaju in Lagos.
Contrary to what the trolls make you believe here , the SE and SS citizens in Lagos all vote for Tinubu, because he has always provided an enbaking environment for business to thrive.

The trolls here have never travkled out of their homestead.
Now I want to admonish that you don't give up hope, never say never. I stirngky believe that there will be free and fair elections in Nigeria someday.

Lastly , I don't agree that the Hausa community will prefer Osibanjo to Obi, infact on the contrary I know for a fact they will not. I frequent.the north regularly, forget all the propaganda you see online. Whoever Buhari says they should vote in the north is who they will vote. Now if buhari doesn't select someone trust me when I say Atiku will get 100% vote from the north in bloc, without mincing words.

Neither Obi, Osibanjo nor Asiwaju can compete with Atiku when it comes to that.

Buhari knows this too hence why I have been surprised he is even talking of a consensus because he knows that Waziri has a strong following in the North forget media propaganda.

In 2011 I was part of the national Atiku campaign group , my jurisdiction was part of the group managing south.

I occasionally had course to see stats data and visit with my colleagues in the north.

Mr Segun let me be blunt. If not it was buhari Atiku contested against, Atiku wom the entire north easily.

Tinubu nor Osibanjo nor Obi won't get 1% vote. In the entire north quote me sir

Let us wait, it is a matter of months.

Look at the voting pertern, atiku has always lost in the north, even against a southerner Jonathan.

Atiku is viewed as an outsider and a corrupt politician by the northerners but like I said, I will wait and see things for myself.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Belial06: 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

Let us wait, it is a matter of months.

Look at the voting pertern, atiku has always lost in the north, even against a southerner Jonathan.

Atiku is viewed as an outsider and a corrupt politician by the northerners but like I said, I will wait and see things for myself.

That is not true...

I am tellimg you Mr Segun forget media propaganda. We did it too back then in 2011

No Yoruba Muslim is ever seen on the same level as a Fulani Muslim. It is an aberration.

There is no way any shiek or sheriff or imam will tell his flick to vote Tinubu over Atiku it is a pure lie.

Waziri is their son , he won't even have to work hard to defeat Tinubu if bat emerges as the candidate it would be a walk over.

Forget all the lies , we also use media companies to spread lies back then, we had paid people on nairaland and Twitter too.

This is why you hadl ysee me comment on their posts here.

I am an insider i know the whole drill.

If the APC don't field a Northerner forget any votes in the north.

Atiku could only.ooose against a buhari nothing else .

Tinubu is like Samuel peters of Nigeria challenging Tyson fury to a boxing match.

Okay imagine someone telling you An Emeka would run for Ikeja LGA against a Dosunmu in Lagos and get more votes because Emeka is a Muslim too?

Smh please leave fantasy aside
Re: Why Do Yorubas Prefer Tinubu To Osibanjo? by Help2020: 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:

I m just a certified agbero hustling for money to buy ewedu,cos Tinubu has stolen my destiny,same way he stole that of every lagosian
Fixed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Elrufai Releases List Of State Owning Staff Salaries / Deji Adeyanju Applauds Festus Kayemo For Saying Mr Peter Obi Is Better Than Atik / The Real Reason Nigerian Government Don’t Want You To Travel To Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.