Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,354 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" (663 Views)

What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / Buhari’s Visit, Obama To Put Pressure For Anti-gay Law(nothing Goes For Nothing) / Can U Ask A Male U LOVE OUT? Haven't Experienced It Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" by Cuddlemii: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2011
I know its important

I know it was ordained by God

I know its in the bible

I know its the in-thing now

I know its a respectable thing to do

But is it worth dying for, killing for, waiting 9 years for, asking questions about it at 32 & abandoning your masters ambitions to pursue it? Why do people go into it for the wrong reasons?

I implore all the counselors, judges, feminist, realist, defenders etc to shed more light on the institute of marriage. When is it wrong? when is it right? The pressures involved it? The matured age to get into it? And the best way to go about it. How can people get it, is it sold?

What are the causes of failed marriages? Love or Money, which is a major determinant in marriage? Are people compelled to go into it or they desire it?
Re: Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" by slymm(f): 11:55am On Jul 18, 2011
@OP, people kill for? Die for? Seriously? Interesting question. I honestly believe the institution is a failed one. I think most people are pressured into it, they see it as an obligation, something that society and family expects from them to look responsible. Many Nigerian women marry the available man because there is no time. A friend of mine who was just 25 had her dad pressure her into marriage because according to him, paw paw will grow in her womb, if she does not get married by 25,
Re: Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2011
TOPIC moved to FAMILY section

GBAM
Re: Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2011
toba:

TOPIC moved to FAMILY section

GBAM
GBAMMED2
Re: Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" by 2Praise: 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
My 2 cents worth.

Is it worth dying for? NO
Killing for?  NO

Killing/death by suicide is a crime as well as a sin. so nope.

Waiting 9 yrs for? It depends on your current age/activity and how much you love the other person. So yeah it can be worth waiting for.

Asking questions for it at 32? Referring to the lady poster? it may be a 'lil' late but hey better late than never.so long as both of you are still fertile and strong.

Abandoning your masters for it? NOT WISE. You can lose the marriage but not your masters unless you die.

Why people go into it for all the wrong reasons? Because we are ignorant,desperate,societal pressure,escaping reality and lack of ambition at times.

When is it wrong? When you do it with the wrong person, at the wrong time and for the wrong reasons.

When is it right? Well when you do it with the right person at the right time and for the right reasons. BUT.Its still a risk becz even these do fail

Pressures involved? Depends on you and how easy you succumb to societal pressure.

Matured age? Age is not maturity but if its got to do with age then I think an 18 yr old is qualified to marry. When it comes to maturity,then its a different   scenario. You must be financially,spiritually,socially,physically as well as emotionally mature to handle all pressures that may come.

Best way? I prefer God's way.He shall give you your hearts desire.You need to be spiritually balanced and sober too as you do this.Not extreme.

Is marriage sold? It ought not too though it happens to crazy people in crazy countries.

Causes of failed mariages? That depends on each individual marriage.We all know the basic ones.

Love or money? the main determinant? I[b] wish I could say Love but with the current living and madness,I would say both.[/b]

Are you compelled or desire ? It depends on your vision.While some believe marriage is everything, others believe it is 'a part of everything'.

Marriage is good but not everybody can be married. undecided
Re: Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" by KzY(f): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2011
Love is important.
Money is important too.
Because when hunger or poverty comes in the door, love flies out of the window.
So when both couples are emotionally and financially ready, then they can go ahead with the marriage.
Re: Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
KzY:

Love is important.
Money is important too.
Because when hunger or poverty comes in the door, love flies out of the window.
So when both couples are emotionally and financially ready, then they can go ahead with the marriage.
Love Breaks the Window, and then flies off!
Re: Marriage: For Love, Out Of Pressure, For Wealth. Analysis Of The Union"marriage" by MMM2(m): 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2011
op
am still sleeping undecided

(1) (Reply)

Should I Press On? / How Long Should An Honeymoon Take? / Lol How Do You Stay Single In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.