Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Can God Reconcile With Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Reconcile With Devil (3332 Views)

Can God Forgive Satan / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? / Can God Create A Rock So Heavy That He Cannot Lift It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Reconcile With Devil by doncartel: 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2022
The ultimate reconciliation that would end all problems in the whole universe.

We can offer Devil the senate presidency so that God and Jesus can take president and vice president.
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2022
doncartel:

We can offer Devil the senate presidency so that God and Jesus can take president and vice president.
Why do you believe in the first place that there exists conflict between God and the Satan to begin with? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Image123(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
doncartel:

He's already judged, only waiting for execution of judgment. Hell fire was created for him and fallen angels. There's no salvation from Calvary for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Dtruthspeaker: 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2022
doncartel:
The ultimate reconciliation that would end all problems in the whole universe...

That Mad and desperate? Talking politics yet you have forgotten "Just is"!

Rubbish! God's Plan is Best.

On Judgement Day everyone would have their day in Court, Cases would be made, Satan go talk e own, and all the guilty evil things shall be thrown into the Fire, never to work their wickedness forever!

Simple Solution, Just Is Served, The Law full Filled!
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Dtruthspeaker: 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why do you believe in the first place that there exists conflict between God and the Satan to begin with? undecided

Because he is not as stupid as you to think that Satan works for God.

We saw the 2 Employees God sent to Sodom and Gomorrah. God never spoke against them.

We saw the one sent to Balaam. No complaint.

We saw the one sent to Egypt etc

Severally has The Lord spoken against Satan even promising to "deal with him".

But as usual with you, you can not bear The Truth.
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2022
Satan is actually working for God .God can use both good and evil to accomplish his will . The Bible told us in the book of job that when the sons of God appeared before him in heaven ,satan was also there among them . God even went ahead to give satan an assignment of tempting job .which satan went out and carried the assignment perfectly .he was even going back to God regularly to give him feedback about Job situation

2 Likes

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by NuclearReactor: 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
Those of u who think Satan works for God really need lots of bible study and mental renewal undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Ken4Christ: 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
Satan is actually working for God .God can use both good and evil to accomplish his will . The Bible told us in the book of job that when the sons of God appeared before him in heaven ,satan was also there among them . God even went ahead to give satan an assignment of tempting job .which satan went out and carried the assignment perfectly .he was even going back to God regularly to give him feedback about Job situation

Satan does not work for God. Rather, he seeks permission from God before he can perform his evil schemes on God's own people. But he only succeeds in getting his permission granted if he has a good argument to put forth. Besides, Job was under Satan's power or dominion by virtue of the sin of Adam. There is no recorded Covenant between God and Job that would have permitted God to stop Satan. If God does that, he will be infringing on Satan's legality over Job. Hence, he told Satan;

Job 1:12
...Behold, ALL THAT HE HATH IS IN THY POWER; only upon himself put not forth thine hand...

But it's no longer so. Those in Christ have been delivered from the power of darkness. Satan can only have access to us if we yield ourselves to obey our sinful desires. This is why it's important you keep yourself from sin so that the devil will have nothing to accuse you of.

And even if you sin, be quick to repent and depend on his grace to overcome any wrong habit that easily overwhelms you.

1 Like

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Kenneth4u205(m): 2:03am On Jun 02, 2022
If I give you permission to kill president Buhari and you went and execute it . Where you working for yourself or for me by Killing Buhari?. Also it's not only sin that gives satan permission in our life . Sometimes God gives satan permission to operate in our lives even if we are Holy .but in such situations ,God want us to mature more spiritually.sometimes God allows satan to attack sinless Christians so that they will spend more time in prayers and on the word and fasting. Another Good example of satan working for God is when satan Entered the Judas and the priest and Got Jesus killed. Without realising that he was executing God's plan of salvation of mankind through the death of Jesus
Ken4Christ:

Satan does not work for God. Rather, he seeks permission from God before he can perform his evil schemes on God's own people..

1 Like

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by 43Ronin: 3:11am On Jun 02, 2022
doncartel:

cheesy

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by helinues: 5:12am On Jun 02, 2022
I doubt. Na money matter tear both of them apart..

grin grin
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Mikee19(m): 7:25am On Jun 02, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Satan does not work for God. Rather, he seeks permission from God before he can perform his evil schemes on God's own people. But he only succeeds in getting his permission granted if he has a good argument to put forth. Besides, Job was under Satan's power or dominion by virtue of the sin of Adam. There is no recorded Covenant between God and Job that would have permitted God to stop Satan. If God does that, he will be infringing on Satan's legality over Job. Hence, he told Satan;

Job 1:12
...Behold, ALL THAT HE HATH IS IN THY POWER; only upon himself put not forth thine hand...

But it's no longer so. Those in Christ have been delivered from the power of darkness. Satan can only have access to us if we yield ourselves to obey our sinful desires. This is why it's important you keep yourself from sin so that the devil will have nothing to accuse you of.

And even if you sin, be quick to repent and depend on his grace to overcome any wrong habit that easily overwhelms you.

This is beautiful
{clap clap clap}

1 Like

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Ken4Christ: 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
If I give you permission to kill president Buhari and you went and execute it . Where you working for yourself or for me by Killing Buhari?. Also it's not only sin that gives satan permission in our life . Sometimes God gives satan permission to operate in our lives even if we are Holy .but in such situations ,God want us to mature more spiritually.sometimes God allows satan to attack sinless Christians so that they will spend more time in prayers and on the word and fasting. Another Good example of satan working for God is when satan Entered the Judas and the priest and Got Jesus killed. Without realising that he was executing God's plan of salvation of mankind through the death of Jesus

I don't agree because the scripture says that God does not tempt with evil;

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for GOD CANNOT BE TEMPTED WITH EVIL, neither tempteth he any man

Even if Judas Iscariot did not betray Jesus, h would still have been killed by other means. They could arrest him when he is preaching and still kill him. Judas Iscariot just made himself a tool in the hand of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Kenneth4u205(m): 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2022
The scriptures you quoted only confirm that God doesn't directly tempt anyone.instead he gives satan the permission to do the tempting.in other words ,satan is indirectly working for God without even realising it .

Isaiah 45:7
King James Version
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Ken4Christ:

I don't agree because the scripture says that God does not tempt with evil;

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for GOD CANNOT BE TEMPTED WITH EVIL, neither tempteth he any man

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
The scriptures you quoted only confirm that God doesn't directly tempt anyone.instead he gives satan the permission to do the tempting.in other words ,satan is indirectly working for God without even realising it .

Isaiah 45:7
King James Version
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Precisely! Satan is God's quality control administrator who tests the resolve of men on behalf of God and he, Satan, does what he was created by God to do, well.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by kingxsamz(m): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
Nah, according to the Bible, they're in good terms. Humans are just being used to play games for their entertainment. Just like squid games. The story of Job says it all.
Also, if Villain and main character should reconcile, how film wan take sweet? grin
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
kingxsamz:
Nah, according to the Bible, they're in good terms. Humans are just being used to play games for their entertainment. Just like squid games. The story of Job says it all.
Also, if Villain and main character should reconcile, how film wan take sweet? grin
Where do you get the idea they were broken up to begin with? undecided

The God vs Satan myth isn't of biblical onions. It is instead sourced from pagan beliefs and traditions. undecided
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by NNTR: 12:41am On Jun 03, 2022
doncartel:

Image123:
He's already judged, only waiting for execution of judgment. Hell fire was created for him and fallen angels.
Revelation 20:10
'And the devil who had deceived them was hurled into the lake of fire and burning brimstone (sulfur),
where the beast (Antichrist) and false prophet are also;
and they will be tormented day and night, forever and ever.
'

'And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.
This is the second death.
'

Hell fire was never created for the devil and fallen angels, its the lake of fire that is
Death and hell also will be thrown into the lake of fire too

Image123:
There's no salvation from Calvary for him.
The devil and the demons (i.e. fallen celestial beings) have no souls, meaning, due to this, are not able to be saved, made right, improved, or corrected and so because of this, are irredeemable

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Image123(m): 4:12am On Jun 03, 2022
NNTR:

'And the devil who had deceived them was hurled into the lake of fire and burning brimstone (sulfur),
where the beast (Antichrist) and false prophet are also;
and they will be tormented day and night, forever and ever.
'

'And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.
This is the second death.
'

Hell fire was never created for the devil and fallen angels, its the lake of fire that is
Death and hell also will be thrown into the lake of fire too

The devil and the demons (i.e. fallen celestial beings) have no souls, meaning, due to this, are not able to be saved, made right, improved, or corrected and so because of this, are irredeemable

Mat 25:41 KJV Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mar 9:43 KJV And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

i don't know what you enjoy or gain arguing about trivialities.
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:45am On Jun 03, 2022
There are many angelic sons of God in heaven {Job 38:7} and they're all humbly doing His will for which they were created. Michael (the Archangel) {Daniel 12:1} is the first angel God directly created {John 1:1} and he has been with God for uncountable years {Proverbs 8:22} so he knew his father much more than any other angel do. Luke 10:22
Michael is the one God empowered to create all other things {Colossians 1:15-16} but unlike Archangel Michael the angel who later became Satan was never satisfied with whatever portion he had in God's arrangement that's why he plotted to gain rulership over the earth by turning Adam and Eve against his father and God in order to become their ruler. Genesis 3:1-5
He knew very well that Adam and Eve will surely expire and after their demise he (Satan) will become the only God and ruler Adam's descendants will know. 2Corinthians 4:4

So there's no way he can be redeemed because from Adam, Eve (God's first earthly children) till today God will require the blood of all His earthly children who has been misled into the troubles we've been experiencing all these while. Satan will surely die but it's the same Archangel Michael (Jesus Christ) whom God used to create everything that's going to destroy Satan, demons and all other rebellious humans! Genesis 3:15 and Revelations 19:11-15 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:59am On Jun 03, 2022
Image123:

Only Jehovah's Witnesses (true disciples of Christ) can agree perfectly on God's word {John 17:22 compare to 1Corin 1:10} but as for all other religionists nothing can make you people agree on God's word except what is plainly written which everyone including unbelievers can just pick up scriptures and read.
So whenever it comes to sacred secrets you will all be SCATTERED spiritually speaking.
Na our King talk am! Luke 11:23
grin

2 Likes

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:14am On Jun 03, 2022
NNTR:

The only reason why they can't be redeemed is because they are PERFECT CREATURES like Adam and Eve who had no excuse to rebel against God's order.
Unlike Adam's descendants who find themselves in hardship and deteriorating health conditions perfect creatures had all the things they need at their fingertips so their rebellion against God's authority is intentional that's why they can't be redeemed.
Humans living today don't have perfect bodies so due to sickness and pains most people do stupid things which is sinful in God's sight but God is merciful He remembers our imperfect state! Psalms 103:13-14

That's why Christ's sacrificial death could save us but as for perfect creatures like angels and the first human pair (Adam and Eve) there's no redemption for them their own judgement is automatic! smiley

1 Like

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by NNTR: 6:18am On Jun 03, 2022
Image123:
He's already judged, only waiting for execution of judgment. Hell fire was created for him and fallen angels. There's no salvation from Calvary for him.

Image123:
Mat 25:41 KJV Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mar 9:43 KJV And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Mark 9:43
'And if your hand should cause you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter into life crippled,
than having two hands to go away into Gehenna, into the unquenchable fire.
'

You ought to know better than be misappropriating

Do you see hell written in Matthew 25:41 and note that Matthew 25:41 has a witness verse, which is Matthew 5:30 parroting it.
Now what witness verse have you that corroborates Mark 9:43 equating Gehenna to be everlasting fire, when in actual fact, the fire that Mark 9:43 is talking of there, is the smouldering fire at Gehenna, in other words, the incinerating refuse dump at Jerusalem.

No man's has monopoly of knowledge, so be humble enough to take to correction that the devil is not sent to Gehenna or hell as you claimed. Gehenna was not created for him and fallen angels, period. You'll be wise to stop using Gehenna in relation to the devil and its demons

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Image123(m): 9:02am On Jun 03, 2022
NNTR:

Mark 9:43
'And if your hand should cause you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter into life crippled,
than having two hands to go away into Gehenna, into the unquenchable fire.
'

You ought to know better than be misppropriating

Do you see hell written in Matthew 25:41 and note that Matthew 25:41 has a witness verse, which is Matthew 5:30 parroting it.
Now what witness verse have you that corroborates Mark 9:43 equating Gehenna to be everlasting fire, when in actual fact, the fire that Mark 9:43 is talking of there, is the smouldering fire at Gehenna, in other words, the incinerating refuse dump at Jerusalem.

No man's has monopoly of knowledge, so be humble enough to take to correction that the devil is not sent to Gehenna or hell as you claimed. Gehenna was not created for him and fallen angels, period. You'll be wise to stop using Gehenna in relation to the devil and its demons

Indeed, every sinner is going to the refuse dump in Jerusalem. Enjoy your knowledge.
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Image123(m): 9:06am On Jun 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Only Jehovah's Witnesses (true disciples of Christ) can agree perfectly on God's word {John 17:22 compare to 1Corin 1:10} but as for all other religionists nothing can make you people agree on God's word except what is plainly written which everyone including unbelievers can just pick up scriptures and read.
So whenever it comes to sacred secrets you will all be SCATTERED spiritually speaking.
grin

Keep shut with this foolery. No one asked you for silly adverts of your cult. Your cult just like the thousands of denominations claiming christianity have their differences with the other. You're different from me and i am different from you and we have different viewpoints. Idiotically spinning it as some sort of edge for you is at best hilarious.
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:51am On Jun 03, 2022
Image123:

Keep shut with this foolery. No one asked you for silly adverts of your cult. Your cult just like the thousands of denominations claiming christianity have their differences with the other. You're different from me and i am different from you and we have different viewpoints. Idiotically spinning it as some sort of edge for you is at best hilarious.

Oh, you're getting annoyed already! cheesy

Why not present the name of your church and start speaking of the things Holy Spirit taught, let's see members of your so called denomination prove here that you have the same line of thought just as Jesus prophesied regarding Jehovah's Witnesses! John 17:22 smiley
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Mikee19(m): 12:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where do you get the idea they were broken up to begin with? undecided

The God vs Satan myth isn't of biblical onions. It is instead sourced from pagan beliefs and traditions. undecided

Jesus calls the devil his enemy:

NKJV Mt 13:24-25,37,39: "²⁴ Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; ²⁵ but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. … ³⁷  ...“ He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. … ³⁹ The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels."

NKJV Lu 10:19: "¹⁹ Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Kobojunkie: 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mikee19:
Jesus calls the devil his enemy:

NKJV Mt 13:24-25,37,39: "²⁴ Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; ²⁵ but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. … ³⁷  ...“ He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. … ³⁹ The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels."

NKJV Lu 10:19: "¹⁹ Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
That doesn't answer the question at all. He is called the enemy since he is opposite of good. undecided

Again....Where do you get the idea they were broken up to begin with? undecided

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Mikee19(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

grin

This isn't the compliment you think it is tho, and I'll tell you why:

You see, by their own admission, the GB of Jehovah's witnesses aren't inspired, which is why they've made numerous mistakes in time past. But in spite of this, everybody agrees with them whether they're right or wrong! Nobody even has a mind of his own to spot the wrong and disagree, and we saw that play out in all the failed prophecies that were made. Every single soul agreed with what was plainly wrong! Is this a compliment really? That even when there's wrong, everybody will keep agreeing, and not a single soul can spot the error, until the due date of the prophecies come about and it fails before they can see it?

The implication of this is that in matters not pertaining to prophecy, if there's no due date attached the a particular doctrine, absolutely nobody will ever be able to see that it wrong because there's no due date (like there is in prophecy) to reveal the error clearly for all people to see! You may even now be holding on to doctrinal errors that have no due date attached as in prophecy, and will therefore not ever be able to know, since nothing serves to reveal it wrong, meanwhile everybody is busy agreeing to errors as in the past, only this time nobody ever gets to know without such due date!

For example, the GB have taught something, then changed it up later on, then much later do away totally with the changes, going back to the much earlier belief they initially had, and everybody just adjusts like that, believing each one each time until the GB change it again, with absolutely nobody at all able to see the wrong, everybody agreeing on errors as tho they are true! Scary! Certainly not a complement...

No, disagreements are HEALTHY. The ability to disagree is also what helps protect ppl from error:

NKJV 1Co 11:18-19: "¹⁸ For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. ¹⁹  For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you."

There MUST be disagreements! So that those with the truth can be seen! When everybody just blindly agrees with the leader and follow them upandan into error, nobody ever able to see it especially if there's no due date like in a prophecy, that's a scary phenomenon.

The unity Jesus was speaking about wasn't at all about agreeing totally about God's word so that nobody can detect when there r errors. It's about loving each other and being in unity and harmony with one another regardless of that! There were such disagreements in the early church as you can see Paul say so, and he said it's healthy and to be expected. If there's none today amongst JW, it is actually a problem, and NOT a compliment.

1 Like

Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Mikee19(m): 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That doesn't answer the question at all. He is called the enemy since he is opposite of good. undecided

Again....Where do you get the idea they were broken up to begin with? undecided

"Enemy" means "opposite of good"? Loool this cracked me up real good! grin

Maybe, check the dictionary for what enemy really means cheesy
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mikee19:
1."Enemy" means "opposite of good". Loool this cracked me up real good! grin

Maybe, check the dictionary for what enemy really means cheesy
1. That is what the Jesus Christ said of Satan in Matthew 16 vs 22 - 24. undecided

2. You don't need the dictionary but your eyes and mind at this point. undecided
Re: Can God Reconcile With Devil by Mikee19(m): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. That is what the Jesus Christ said of Satan in Matthew 16 vs 22 - 24. undecided

2. You don't need the dictionary but your eyes and mind at this point. undecided

gringringrin

Well I've learned to hold my peace...cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Law Has Been Abolished / Star Wars: The Force Awakens / 4him I Need A Reply From You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.