Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled (12578 Views)

Ukraine’s Zelenskiy Agrees To Peace Talks With Russia / US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond / Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by KillerCrocodile: 3:04am On Jun 02, 2022
Russia said on Wednesday that it did not rule out a meeting between President Vladimir Putin and his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelenskiy, but that any such talks needed to be prepared in advance.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters in a call that work on a peace document with Ukraine had stopped a long time ago and had not restarted.

Peskov said that people in the Russian-occupied Ukrainian regions of Kherson, Zaporizhzhia and Donbas must decide their own futures and the Kremlin did not doubt they would make the “best decision”.

Ukraine has previously said that annexation of the regions by Russia would end peace talks between the two sides.

This is coming three days after a Ukrainian Presidential Aide Downplays Peace Talks With A Russia That 'Always Lies'.

Mykhaylo Podolyak, an aide to Ukraine's president and envoy to previous peace talks in the ongoing three-month-long war with Russia, has blasted Moscow's credibility in the context of any potential deal.

Podolyak said via social media on May 28 that Moscow is lying when it accuses Kyiv of refusal to negotiate but said blunt force is the only way to thwart the Russian invasion.

He accused Moscow of hypocrisy and said in a tweet that until Russian troops withdraw, "negotiations are being conducted by a separate 'delegation' on the front line."

"Any agreement with Russia isn't worth a broken penny, " Podolyak wrote on Telegram. "Is it possible to negotiate with a country that always lies cynically and propagandistically ?"

He accuses Russia and its officials of barbarity and says, "A barbarian can only be stopped by force."

It has been nearly two months since the last publicly known, face-to-face peace talks after Russia sent tens of thousands of troops into Ukraine on February 24.

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on May 27 that talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin were necessary to safeguard Ukraine's sovereignty and existence and to get "our lives back."

In an address to an Indonesian think tank, Zelenskiy said, "There are things to discuss with the Russian leader. I'm not telling you that our people are eager to talk to him, but we have to face the reality of what we are living through."

But he said Moscow did not appear ready for serious peace talks.

In a telephone call on May 28, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Olaf Scholz urged Putin to engage in "serious direct negotiations with Zelenskiy and find a diplomatic solution to the conflict.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-says-talks-with-zelenskiy-possible-negotiations-stalled-2022-06-01/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 02, 2022
Fact,,,,
I don't understand angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Freestainworld(m): 4:04am On Jun 02, 2022
So Russia haven't won the war for 3 months now after boosting, Ukraine still standing tall.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by orisa37: 5:35am On Jun 02, 2022
"SETTLE WITH YOUR ADVERSARIES ON THE ROAD BEFORE THEY BRING YOU UP FOR JUSTICE. I'M GOD, THE JUDGE OF ALL THINGS AND I AM SEEING EVERYTHING".

PUTIN IS UNFRIENDLY WITH JEHOVAH WITNESS.

ORISAORUNTO SPEAKS.

FROM ORUNTO27.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Elderllyoungman: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2022
will need investors and partners on our charcoal business, rice/cassava farming. And production factory, Pls check my profile for more information.
Location is kwara state
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Akinsete19(m): 6:45am On Jun 02, 2022
Omo, it will take more than 25 yrs after the war before Ukrainians can get back to their feet.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Emerald04(m): 6:45am On Jun 02, 2022
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by shaggy007(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2022
Freestainworld:
So Russia haven't won the war for 3 months now after boosting, Ukraine still standing tall.

Standing tall?

Abeg, Zelensky talk say make I warn Una seriously.

Na una dey cause make Russia still dey vex.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2022
Dobass and lughansk region want independence, USA said, YES.
Biafra, Oodua Republic, Niger Delta want independence USA said, NO. angry

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by wis3(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2022
Freestainworld:
why's it all about winning? Why isn't anyone talking about the so many people that have died and how this war can be put to an end?

21 Likes

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:47am On Jun 02, 2022
Nigeria should summon both parties to abuja for peace talks

2 Likes

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Randy100: 6:49am On Jun 02, 2022
orisa37:
"SETTLE WITH YOUR ADVERSARIES ON THE ROAD BEFORE THEY BRING YOU UP FOR JUSTICE. I'M GOD, THE JUDGE OF ALL THINGS AND I AM SEEING EVERYTHING".

ORISAORUNTO SPEAKS.

FROM ORUNTO27.
Jehovah witness are not friendly too. Religion extremist too.

7 Likes

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Strongbest(m): 6:51am On Jun 02, 2022
cynthia4good:
Let's all say a prayer for the world, people are suffering from bad government and those with good government are raging war against each other..

Please help me❤️

Madam, please learn a skill. You can't survive on online begging.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by oyichi: 6:51am On Jun 02, 2022
They should restart negotiations already, Ukraine is suffering

1 Like

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Honourable1901(m): 6:52am On Jun 02, 2022
Russia and Putin is overrated,just initial gra gra and inshallah

1 Like

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by chukwuibuipob: 6:56am On Jun 02, 2022
sad PUTIN is DEAD *Radio Biafra shocked lipsrsealed grin sad*
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by FeyiPhillips: 6:59am On Jun 02, 2022
Get a chance to work and earn 75,000 Naira by just working from home every month

Earn 75,000 Naira writing articles working from home

This project is flexible for full time workers. Just 3-4 hours of work activity per day is all you need to do this, so it's suitable for 9-5ers

Hurry up and apply today

Send in your application. My WhatsApp contact - Zero Seven Zero Five Four Zero One Fourteen Fifty-Four

Good Luck
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by chaseblack(m): 7:03am On Jun 02, 2022
Randy100:

How are they not friendly, at least they don't bless their citizens to go to war to kill other Christians in the opposing side.
The only religion that condemns violence, I hope you know they are hated in Russia because they won't take up arms?

While their Christian counterparts the Church of Russia keeps blessing soldiers and telling them it is God's work to kill Ukrainians.

In your opinion, the church of Russia is friendly but a religion who won't kill people isn't?

You don't need to believe in any God to be able to reason with logic.

Pls state why you think Jehovah's witnesses are unfriendly?

5 Likes

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by chukwuibuipob: 7:03am On Jun 02, 2022
cool A hairy ballz gang is behind the monika.
Strongbest:

Madam, please learn a skill. You can't survive on online begging.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Yeeyo: 7:05am On Jun 02, 2022
Putin upon all the media hatrated u are doing the right thing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Flamees(m): 7:06am On Jun 02, 2022
Randy100:

Swrs
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Emmanueldavis(m): 7:07am On Jun 02, 2022
orisa37:

ORISAORUNTO SPEAKS.

Are you a witness

FROM ORUNTO27.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

West Virginia Bans Abortion At Almost All Stages / FULANI - The Scourge Of Africa / US Senate Has Passed The 'obama Health Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.