Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,618 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? (11189 Views)

Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by eslason(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2022
I tend to be insecure about what I studied in school whenever I'm being asked.
The moment I open up to people that I went through the education line of study, they start seeing me as less productive. They place a limit on the types of conversations we have.
I don't know why people generally take individuals who study education less seriously or less interesting.
Teaching is a noble profession and I believe that not all graduates of education are half-baked products as most people seem to think.
The society and certain individuals need to correct this terrible mindset.
I remember when I was still in school, some of my friends from other faculties would jokingly ask me how I was able to mingle with elderly looking students of education. They would say something like "how do you manage to attend lectures with all these old old faces? Are you not too brilliant to end up in this profession? Oboi go do change of course!" e.t.c.
I guess after all these small small talks, I gradually and eventually became insecure...
Please i need to hear people's opinion about this.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Oyetboy(m): 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
Never

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by MrHighSea: 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
quite opposite
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by onyekaokechukwu: 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
When introductions start and everyone is introducing themselves as lawyers, doctors, engineers.

Then you come out to say you studied fencing and wiring.

Why wouldn't you be ashamed?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by visijo(m): 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
Today marks the first Semester anniversary of Nigerian student Staying at home.

14weeks= 1 Semester

You may not be counting grin grin
#ASUUstrike

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by planetE(m): 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
I studied crop science in the varsity but nah bombing I dey take chop now. Sooner, I will diversify into crop production and livestock rearing from the proceeds of my bombing. No regret so far

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by BolaEmilia(f): 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
Your write up shows how smart a person you are.

Pickup yourself. Their opinion would not pay your bills.

What you studied don't really matter.

If there's any need to tailor your CV to the available career line.

Let me help you do that.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by captainamiedi1: 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
guy las las all those don't matter. just get a good grade for your first degree. when you are done, you will decide what to do with your life. with a good degree and some good skills you can work anywhere. so relax, read up and learn skills join.

when i was in school i was proud of what i was studying because it's engineering but today, that shit couldn't pay bills and it hurts that i spend 5+ years studying it. na small children they reason course to study

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Otuegbe: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
Nigeria factor.
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by dpete1: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
It's sad we live in a World Where People say hurtful things without minding the Consequence.
This is the Same Way People Downgrade Polytechnic Graduates.

When I went for My 1 Year Industrial Training, there was this Masters Holder I met, man couldn't even perform what I, a ND holder can perform

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by DARLINGTON869(m): 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
Yes ooo. The very reason I went into business. Business is baeeeeee.

T O DARLING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by kingobozy: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
If after spending 4 years in school studying education and you still allow people talk down on your course of study then it's says alot about you and not what they perceive.

Education is one of the broadest fields in life. You can be anything. Fit into anything.
Do post graduate degrees in almost anything related to your field.

17 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by oofjm: 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
that is before....not any longer.....those of us that study so called higher courses.....is the course paying us....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by SavageBoy: 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
If you want to feel insecure about what you're studying, let it come from a realistic point of view, whether what you're doing is worth it and would truly be beneficial in putting food to your table when you graduate.

It shouldn't come from the jesters. All those jokes will end as soon as all of you graduate; when Nigeria labor market show all of Una pepper, no body will remember that pretty girl in the faculty of Law that looked damn sexy in her white and black, or those engineering guys that do feel as if they're atop the world.

You can chose to start over and study something much more professional, but if you don't then pick up a skill or something and learn. You would be much more admired and respected by people. Imagine people respecting you an education student because you're a badass programmer or very brilliant designer.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Winters23: 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by FirstSon01: 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
C
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by planetE(m): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
onyekaokechukwu:
When introductions start and everyone is introducing themselves as lawyers, doctors, engineers.

Then you come out to say you studied fencing and wiring.

Why wouldn't you be ashamed?
No course is completely useless. Those that studied law and medicine will also need the services of those that studied fencing and wiring. Every course is unique on its own but the poor payment system that is attached to some professions and the public view about them have rendered them useless and irrelevant.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by inoki247: 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2022
Why will I be ashamed this life no b Competition if i be mechanic oga I be Mechanic if I be Carpenter I be Carpenter infact i dey make casket i will be proud of it sef u no feed me with what you read the goal is to be happy not to compete.....

So if na Linguistic u study be proud of it cos if u say make u wait till you're given the right course u fit grow gray hair and time wait for nobody study whatever life gives you life is all about survival...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2022
eslason:
I tend to be insecure about what I studied in school whenever I'm being asked.
The moment I open up to people that I went through the education line of study, they start seeing me as less productive. They place a limit on the types of conversations we have.
I don't know why people generally take individuals who study education less seriously or less interesting.
Teaching is a noble profession and I believe that not all graduates of education are half-baked products as most people seem to think.
The society and certain individuals need to correct this terrible mindset.
I remember when I was still in school, some of my friends from other faculties would jokingly ask me how I was able to mingle with elderly looking students of education. They would say something like "how do you manage to attend lectures with all these old old faces? Are you not too brilliant to end up in this profession? Oboi go do change of course!" e.t.c.
I guess after all these small small talks, I gradually and eventually became insecure...
Please i need to hear people's opinion about this.
Never, the choice of study now is irrelevant in this country. Greeting rich is by grace and not a function of course of study. What did Dino melaye study again? Or sivinis

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by onyekaokechukwu: 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by Kirkman: 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
My brother you are right o! Teaching is a very noble profession in the same class of doctors, lawyers, engineers etc. If not for the very good teachers that I had in my youth, i won't be where I am today sadly this our part of the world, they don't appreciate teachers at all. The pay might not much but hold your head high and be proud of your noble profession.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? by parkervero(m): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
Team double honour grin .... You guys are so proud of double honours of a thing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? / Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary / Medical Doctor Relocating To Nigeria Needs Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.