Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,343 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) (1717 Views)

My First Time In My Country (photos) / Various Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Third World Country(photos, Video) / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2022
I get pissed when I hear people say that Brazil is a racist country and I ask how? how can this beautiful country be a racist country, a country that is a melting pot of all races? Brazilians are so friendly to foreigners, so how can brazil be a racist county? Don't get me wrong I am not saying we don't have racism in Brazil but Brazil is not a racist country.

1, Everybody is a Brazilian in Brazil and it does not matter if you are Asian or African, we are all Brazilians and this is why you would find a Chinese Brazilian and a Japanese Brazilian and a Nigerian Brazilian or a Pakistani Brazilian, Lebanese Brazilian, so in Brazil, you can never know who is a foreigner, unlike America where a white man would tell the Latino man go back to your country.

2, I don't need to know anyone to get things done in Brazil and remember I have a Nigerian name and nobody cares, and in fact, I get a lot of love immediately they know I am not from Brazil.

3, racism is a crime and it is very clear in the Brazilian constitution I know because I have a copy and a racist country would not have it so clear as day in their constitution, so whenever you suffer a racial attack in Brazil always remind that person of the constitution and you can open a case and an investigation would begin, for example in Portugal it is not in their constitution now you understand the difference.

So, to conclude and like I said we have racism everywhere in the world, and even where I come from we have tribalism, but in Brazil, I feel at home because I know I can get justice if someone uses a racial slur on me.

There is no discrimination or segregation in Brazil, inequality yes and we always hear about the south of Brazil being a racist region, well are you surprised, we have a lot of Europeans there and those guys carry their racism everywhere they go but if you experience such in the south of Brazil please report that racist and that racista would be disgraced and dealt with.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/06/3-reasons-why-brazil-is-not-racist.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2022
Clear as day in the Brazilian constitution, racism is a crime in Brasil

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Abfinest007(m): 1:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
Nice one
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2022
Abfinest007:
Nice one

smiley
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Urheadmaster(m): 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

smiley
In Germany here, there are racist but they'll pretend to like you.

Specially if your black sad shocked

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
Nice country, it's in my bucket list of countries to visit.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
Urheadmaster:
In Germany here, there are racist but they'll pretend to like you.

Specially if your black sad shocked

Lol, grin, but is racism not a crime there? I mean is it in the German constitution?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
Eastcoastboy:
Nice country, it's in my bucket list of countries to visit.

Nice one, you would enjoy Brazil especially if you love to party like there is no Tomorrow grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Nice one, you would enjoy Brazil especially if you love to party like there is no Tomorrow grin

Can you make money there too? Like enough that you can use to start up something in Nigeria. Like build houses, register and establish business.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Can you make money there too? Like enough that you can use to start up something in Nigeria. Like build houses, register and establish business.

You can but it would take a while let's say 5 years or more to save up to build a house in Nigeria and remember the pay as not as big as the usa but with the pay in brazil you can live your life comfortably

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

You can but it would take a while let's say 5 years or more to save up to build a house in Nigeria and remember the pay as not as big as the usa but with the pay in brazil you can live your life comfortably

That's good. But I will rather visit as a tourist. Well I really don't know, depends on what the future holds.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

That's good. But I will rather visit as a tourist. Well I really don't know, depends on what the future holds.

Nice cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by int0x80(m): 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2022
What do you call the killing of black Brazilians by the police, is that not racism?

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Ndoki85(m): 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

please dear brother can you send me an invitation, I will like to come there.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
int0x80:
What do you call the killing of black Brazilians by the police, is that not racism?

What do you call police killing of Nigerians?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ndoki85:
please dear brother can you send me an invitation, I will like to come there.

I am not a citizen yet cheesy
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Cousin9999: 9:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
Moise Kabagambe, a 24-year-old migrant who fled to Brazil with his family in 2011 to escape violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo, was beaten to death with clubs and a baseball bat at the beach-front bar where he worked in Rio's upscale Barra da Tijuca neighborhood.

His family says a group of assailants attacked him after he demanded payment of two days' overdue wages.

The January 24 killing has unleashed a flood of outrage, grief and soul-searching in Brazil, where many African migrants say they face poverty, violence and double discrimination as both foreigners and blacks.

https://amp.france24.com/en/live-news/20220208-african-migrants-face-racism-violence-in-brazil

Luis Fernandes Jr. is a post-grad student...A few years ago, he moved across the Atlantic to study in Brazil. He chose the city of Salvador. Its population is mostly Black.

.....he thought he'd feel at home in Salvador's Afro-Brazilian culture. The other day, he went shopping and found out he was wrong.

....he went to a fashion store in a mall and bought a backpack. After paying with a card, he left the shop and went to a bathroom nearby.

....There, he was accosted by two security guards. They accused him, he says without evidence, of stealing the backpack. A furious Fernandes returned to the store.

....Black activists say incidents like this are common in Brazil.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/25/1075624799/2-recent-incidents-have-put-a-spotlight-on-brazils-relationship-with-race

However, data from 2016 show that black people only occupy around 6% of managerial positions and get paid an average 44% less overall.

"Here there is this racial democracy myth where everyone, regardless of their skin tone, can be welcomed. And that's fake," Ms Genot says.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-60980009.amp

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Cousin9999: 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mr Nujara found it very challenging being a black man trying to forge a career in public relations. His impression is that black people have a much better chance at international companies with premises in the country.

....people were constantly surprised he was black when they eventually met him in person. The assumption from phone calls and emails was that someone in his position, fluent in French and English, must be white.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-60980009.amp

Black and mixed-race Brazilians make up a little over half of the general population, but constitute 79% of people killed by law enforcement in a country that averages an extraordinary 17 police killings per day.

...Ana Paula de Oliveira, a mother and activist whose son entered into those daily statistics after he was shot in the back in 2014, said there is a pattern of violence against Brazilians who are poor and Black.

"Those of us who live in the favelas see this violence daily: a slap when police frisk you, breaking into your house without a warrant. And if I question it, I get beaten up," she said of daily life in Rio de Janeiro's low-income communities.

....More than 40% of Black and mixed-race Brazilians live below the poverty line, compared to less than 20% of White Brazilians, according to the Brazilian census bureau (IBGE).

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/americas/joo-alberto-silveira-freitas-brazil-intl/index.html

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by int0x80(m): 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

What do you call police killing of Nigerians?
Well, Nigerian police have their bad sides but they are nothing compared to the Brazilian police raid killings especially in Rio favela.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Originalsly: 10:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

in Brazil, I feel at home because I know I can get justice if someone uses a racial slur on me.

Are you sure you can get justice if someone uses a racial slur on you? ... have any example of such a case?

1. In the US you also don't know who is American from who is a foreigner. A White man tells a Latino to go back to his country... and what is the Latino's response? If it's in Texas ... Arizona or a State that was previously part of Mexico ... the Latino will reply I am in my country... or... you go back to your country too. Not knowing who is a foreigner does not make a State non racist.

2. You don't need in the US either. Does that make the US/Brazil a non racist State? In most countries foreigners are treated better ... shown more love than locals. Same holds true for Nigeria.

3. Racism is in the Constitution ... making it illegal... no doubt.... is it enforced? Can you post examples of enforcement?

Enforcement is everything..... have examples?

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
Originalsly:

Are you sure you can get justice if someone uses a racial slur on you? ... have any example of such a case?

1. In the US you also don't know who is American from who is a foreigner. A White man tells a Latino to go back to his country... and what is the Latino's response? If it's in Texas ... Arizona or a State that was previously part of Mexico ... the Latino will reply I am in my country... or... you go back to your country too. Not knowing who is a foreigner does not make a State non racist.

2. You don't need in the US either. Does that make the US/Brazil a non racist State? In most countries foreigners are treated better ... shown more love than locals. Same holds true for Nigeria.

3. Racism is in the Constitution ... making it illegal... no doubt.... is it enforced? Can you post examples of enforcement?

I keep telling you over and over again, Brazil is not America and racism in America is more than what you have in brazil, I have people there and we are see it online all the time .

Go and watch 13th on netflix,do you know the history of the country that you are living in?its all on youtube.

America has the highest number of jailed people because the slave masters wanted to capture free slaves again to make them work and they arrested them on useless charges and you still have the same today.

I am close to America and I can live there if I want, but I would never, visit yes, living there no, I love Brazil.

You the the difference between usa and Brazil, in America someone can boldly come out on the street and tell you go back to your country,or yell racial slurs but in brazil it can't happen, if you meet a racist he could tell you silently.

I never said there is no racism in Brazil, but we don't that arrogant open display of racism like you have in America.

Yes I know I would get justice if I am racial attacked in brazil and that is if I decide to go forward.

I disagree, in the USA they know who is a foreigner, for blacks and whites they won't know, yes, but for Arabs and Asians no... But in brazil Arabs and Asians as seen as citizens and not foreigners

Can you compare tribalism in Nigeria to tribalism in Ghana?

How would you compare a country that founded the KKK, I watched a chilling documentary on what they did to blacks, I am posting it soon.

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
int0x80:
Well, Nigerian police have their bad sides but they are nothing compared to the Brazilian police raid killings especially in Rio favela.

This is your answer,no racist killing by the police

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 03, 2022
Originalsly:

Again, I never said there is no racism in Brazil, I said Brazil is not a racist country, look at someone that got 2years for racism in Brazil

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Bifwoli: 2:40am On Jun 03, 2022
Every damned country in the world ...Russia,India ,Nigeria,USA , France ,Mali ,China,Israel...has some form of racism including Brazil.

We recently saw how Africans were treated in Ukraine vs Russia war and even these two warring European countries have some racist views towards each other despite calling themselves "Slavs"

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Juntos(m): 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
I sincerely hope that one day my fellow Nigerians will see the need to help develop this beautiful country and make it work like other great countries out there, rather than be pleasantly appreciating other countries and doing jobs that we will never do in Nigeria, taking shit that we will never accept in Nigeria. But all in all it is not a bad idea to travel round the world or work and live in other countries in as much as you giving a good account of yourself, family and the country you are from. Please let remember all that Nigeria as given us all a lot we have an obligation to make it better place by touching lives of family and friends back home. God bless us all, God bless Nigeria.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
Bifwoli:
Every damned country in the world ...Russia,India ,Nigeria,USA , France ,Mali ,China,Israel...has some form of racism including Brazil.

We recently saw how Africans were treated in Ukraine vs Russia war and even these two warring European countries have some racist views towards each other despite calling themselves "Slavs"

Yea racism is everywhere just that some countries have the open display of racism and we also have racist countries
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2022
Juntos:
I sincerely hope that one day my fellow Nigerians will see the need to help develop this beautiful country and make it work like other great countries out there, rather than be pleasantly appreciating other countries and doing jobs that we will never do in Nigeria, taking shit that we will never accept in Nigeria. But all in all it is not a bad idea to travel round the world or work and live in other countries in as much as you giving a good account of yourself, family and the country you are from. Please let remember all that Nigeria as given us all a lot we have an obligation to make it better place by touching lives of family and friends back home. God bless us all, God bless Nigeria.

Is it the job of Nigerians to fix Nigeria or the job of the people that they elected? There is nothing wrong when someone is doing menial jobs abroad and its about a country or a society that works, nothing is working in Nigeria, even your politicians go abroad to enjoy themselves, I even heard the wife of your president even lives abroad grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Samishiba: 12:20am On Jun 14, 2022
int0x80:

That depends. Brazilian police are scum regardless of the race. Brazilian police are corrupt and ignorant. Not all brazilians cops are white some of them are black are they treat black Brazilians like animals too.The leftist media only shows when white cops kill black people. The media is biased you know.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Samishiba: 12:48am On Jun 14, 2022
Brazil is a racist country. Ocurre a lot of racial injuries in Brazil. Many white Brazilians racially attacked black Brazilians. For example during a discussion a white brazilian called a black brazilian employer a monkey. This is common here. But for example of 43% of white Brazilians only 5- 10% do this. It's one case or another. It doesn't happen every day. They are isolated cases.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by DukeofUmueri247: 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
Samishiba:
Brazil is a racist country. Ocurre a lot of racial injuries in Brazil. Many white Brazilians racially attacked black Brazilians. For example during a discussion a white brazilian called a black brazilian employer a monkey. This is common here. But for example of 43% of white Brazilians only 5- 10% do this. It's one case or another. It doesn't happen every day. They are isolated cases.
You guys should try to understand what the op is saying..He didn't say there is no racism in Brazil but he said that it is not as huge when compared to countries like US...That racism is even a crime punishable according to Brazilian consistution.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
DukeofUmueri247:

You guys should try to understand what the op is saying..He didn't say there is no racism in Brazil but he said that it is not as huge when compared to countries like US...That racism is even a crime punishable according to Brazilian consistution.

cheesy
Re: 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) by Ertugrul: 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
This guy sef, Brazil dy pay u? Why attacking America just to paint Brazil in bright light...its not like Brazil is perfect...u can see what bolsonaro is doing with expansion on indegenous lands, yes there is pushback from the left but if he retains power, there would be more issues for the indegenous people, so nowhere is perfect... America is not perfect either but stop painting everything about west as bad, if u are not attacking Western media, u are attacking America, yet u live freely in the Western led world order...have some respect

(1) (2) (Reply)

China / Appiontment In France Embbasy / Sister Wants Baby's Ssn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.