Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- (17447 Views)

Imo State- My People, Lets Meet / Umu Owerri, Lets Meet Here. / Residents And Indigenes Of Eket- Akwa Ibom State, Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by denzel2009: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane:

, ban narr nga, Mauritani?
Kandii why were you placed in devil's corner in that pic?
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by duduspace(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane:

Duduspace, yes I do taste of candy and also smell it any flavour you desire. .

My oh my, irresistible. kiss kiss when and how can we take this further? I like Jasmine, titilates the senses yu know? wink

kandiikane:

Give me words you want to learn and I will spell it for you the way it is pronounced.

Lets start from Bon does that mean bad?
what of gender? boy, girl, man, woman?
and how do yu use them in sentences?

Like:
Ade is a boy
kandii is a babe (sorry I meant girl)
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2011
Denzel, lol, shocked how did you know it was me? Do I know you outside N/L shocked grin

Oh, its the way the picture was taken, someone was standing behind me grin
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2011
smh. some pple they plan coup, hence they begin to speak in tongues grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2011
duduspace:

My oh my, irresistible.  kiss kiss when and how can we take this further? I like Jasmine, titilates the senses yu know?  wink

Lets start from Bon does that mean bad? Bon= wicked. .Danga bon means you are wicked or yow nit/nyit ku bon nga= you are a wicked person. .

what of gender? boy, girl, man, woman? boy=haleh bu goor(haleh means child but their is no h in the wollof language so we use x instead of h but coz I want you to understand through pronouciations I will use the H)
Girl=Haleh bu gigene(jigeen)
Woman=jigeen or soxna but we usually use jigeen
man=goor

Dum(spelled with two oos instead of you)=child

Like:
Ade is a boy
[/quote]Ade xalel bu goor la
Kandii xalel bu jigeen la

@toba, you just wait there and see grin
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by Nayah(f): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2011
Kandii oh my wolof is Senegalese so somtimes I might not recognize yours lol grin
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2011
smh again. grin grin grin grin so u sef dey there?
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2011
@nayah, lol, I have to work out my brain to try and understand what you or araboy write. .I thought ours was easier to understand.
Have you heard a mauritani speak wollof?
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by Nayah(f): 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2011
lol Kandii my dear Wollof it's a Senegalese language first before being Mauritanian or Gambian( which is the same country for me lol) so that's why I'm talking like them so I try hard to translate as well what you say hehehe lol but I think we understand each other

Jiggen rafet wink
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2011
Oh, think will have to say something. .kekeke, It is not a Senegalese language since Senegal and Gambia use to be one but the thing is because of colonialism it has changed and the way we pronounced words is according to the english or french. .I think the Mauritania use the francophone version, will ask araboy if he is mauritani.
Or Arabic,hm.

Jere jef smiley
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by denzel2009: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane:

Denzel, lol, shocked how did you know it was me? Do I know you outside N/L shocked grin

Oh, its the way the picture was taken, someone was standing behind me grin

You are easily identifiable  wink
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
Denzel2009, I am becoming scared oo. .I believe you know me outside.lol
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by denzel2009: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane:

Denzel2009, I am becoming scared oo. .I believe you know me outside.lol
Confess your sins lol
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane what is " I wan phock you' in wollof?
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by mukina2: 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2011
Nayah:

lol mukina Cameroon tamit rafet jigguen ba dé!!!
waaw waaw , benna time nyun geh ahm channel stv1 ak stv2, damabuga woinee  bii  turr bi ' douala groove" lool refet na  cheesy cheesy

you have a group on cameroun that speaks something like freetown's krio . .what are they called?  smiley

Kandii
na dis ar bin dae tell u bot, defaa nehkk bayy opaaah grin
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlCA1iF3QlQ&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
lol, ar bin don see yam.Me friend comot from sweden last week en show yam. .e say na di new dance dat. .keke grin

denzel2009:

Confess your sins lol

I want you to confess you sins oo. .Seriously, though do you know me?. .keke

dayokanu:

kandiikane what is " I wan phock you' in wollof?
For education purposes only I believe phock=nukka
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by Nayah(f): 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
Mukina maybe Bassa tribe lol
Kandii yes there one but Wolof is like the national language in Senegal ( officially French) not like Mauritania where Arab or Soninké is more spoken
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by Nayah(f): 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
lool kandikane dafa dof dé lol
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2011
lol, are there other words for it? I have only known that word for it. .
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by denzel2009: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane:

Fats baby, I don't know you outside NL, I was actually attracted by your dimples. wink
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2011
ok, if you say so. .Will stop asking you these questions smiley
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by mukina2: 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane:

lol, ar bin don see yam.Me friend comot from sweden last week en show yam. .e say na di new dance dat. .keke grin

For education purposes only I believe phock=nukka

the full music swit for dance eh cheesy cheesy

buko indi saga fii deh . .bayil jangii saga denga? angry tongue

Nayah:

Mukina maybe Bassa tribe lol
Kandii yes there one but Wolof is like the national language in Senegal ( officially French) not like Mauritania where Arab or Soninké is more spoken
aight it is really very very similar.
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by EzeUche(m): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2011
At least speak in French. angry
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2011
@muki, kekeke

Ezeuche, if you speak french I will speak french smiley
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by EzeUche(m): 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane:

Ezeuche, if you speak french I will speak french smiley

Merci!

Je ne savais pas qu'il  ya des Mandinka au Nigeria? 
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2011
nous ne sommes pas Nigerians

je suis gambien et sierra leonais
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by EzeUche(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane:

nous ne sommes pas Nigerians

je suis gambien et sierra leonais

Vous habitez au Nigeria?
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by duduspace(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2011
Just to show you what I've picked up, this is not going to be easy and I'll need private tuition.  tongue
don't want to ask for your yahoo id for on here privacy reasons but mine is on my profile kindly send a mssg and I'll add you on YIM
I'd like to believe I'm a bit smart and can get the hang of this.

kandiikane:

My oh my, irresistible.   when and how can we take this further? I like Jasmine, titilates the senses yu know?  

Lets start from Bon does that mean bad? Bon= wicked. .Danga bon means you are wicked or yow nit/nyit ku bon nga= you are a wicked person. .

if bon means wicked, seeing that nga shows up in both words, am I right in thinking that nga means person? I'll pause on this its a bit more complex use of the language with the use of adjectives and conjuctions and can I use it like Dayokanu ku bon nga?  grin grin

what of gender? boy, girl, man, woman? boy=haleh bu goor(haleh means child but their is no h in the wollof language so we use x instead of h but coz I want you to understand through pronouciations I will use the H)
Girl=Haleh bu gigene(jigeen)
Woman=jigeen or soxna but we usually use jigeen
man=goor
Dum(spelled with two oos instead of you)=child

A bit confused, 2 words both referring to a child? can it be that xalex (I assume thats the right way to write it) is more like little? and do you mean dum is pronounced more like doom or is it spelt like doom and pronounced like dumb? and "bu" is definitely some kind of conjunction like "is" right?

Like:
Ade is a boy
Ade xalel bu goor la
Kandii xalel bu jigeen la

Okay, just noticed the xalel different from xalex as I thot, and why the la at the back? which reminds me what does Fii mean?

Nayah:

Jiggen rafet wink
Is Nayah of the ample bossoms and toothy smile referring to you as a girl here? grin grin
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by kandiikane(m): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
EzeUche:

Vous habitez au Nigeria?
Non, l'Angleterre
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by duduspace(m): 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2011
More words, Greetings

Hello
How are you
Good morning
Good night
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by EzeUche(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2011
kandiikane:

Non, l'Angleterre

Je comprends.
Re: Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)- by duduspace(m): 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2011
You live in England? where? if yu live in London then it seems Denzel truly knows you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Acculturuation Bewteen Midwestern And Eastern Nigerian Cultures. / Yoruba Cities, Towns And Villages- What Do Their Names Mean? / Yoruba History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.