Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA (947 Views)

Can I Graduate With First Class With My Current CGPA(4.24) / Is Change Of Date Of Birth Still Possible On Waec Result / Can I Make A 2.1 With Current CGPA Of 3.44 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by Covenant97(m): 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2022
Good day Nairalanders,

My current CGPA is 4.40,and I am in level 300 currently first semester studying Accounting, which is a 4 year course.

Graduating with a first class has been my goal ever since I got into the university via direct entry( graduated with distinction as the overall best in my set, Kadpoly accounting).

But lately I have lost the motivation to put in the work to achieve my goal due to the delay in academic session caused by the incessant strike action, covid 19 and what not,but I still harbor the desire to graduate with a first class but just too lazy and unmotivated a-times to pick up my books and study.

My question is, would a first class still be possible? And if yes Any advice and easy/smart method that I can deploy to achieve this goal would be greatly Appreciated. Also for anyone who has experience this and has successfully scaled through this ordeal, your advice is also welcomed.

Ps I am a kind of person that don’t love reading for reading sake,but I don’t like failure and I work smart in such a way that can get me the result I wanted...( I don’t cheat nor pay to pass cause that’s impossible in my school)I am never an efico. I just want to do well and be counted among the best...

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by iCauseTrouble: 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2022
Yes

1 Like

Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by Princewillalex(m): 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
100% possible.
Just harder
Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by Hezzyluv: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2022
It's possible. But save your ass (suliya) by learning tread.

E get why
Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by ExtremeDot: 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
The answer to your question is a YES, and also a NO.

If you believe it's still possible to clinch your dream of a 1st class, then it's very much possible.

If you believe you it's now a mirage, then you won't attain it.

No be strangers suppose tell you the possibility of your goal.

You have 3 to 4 semesters to go. Do your maths regarding the remaining CGPA to go, and pursue your target. No fear.

Addition: Practice Semen Retention during these last 3 to 4 semesters, with your goal in mind at all time. You go nail that goal of yours!

1 Like

Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by ednut1(m): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
Attention seeker. People who ask this type of questions are usually on 2.8 to 3.3. Abeg comot here

1 Like

Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
Only if u can hit 5 points in your last 2 semesters left.
Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by haggai247: 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
You can if only you need it bad enough.

My favorite charity which is me went from 2.50 HND 1 FIRST SEMESTER to 4.00 on graduation because of five words someone said to me aye bobo yi ti bàjé.

My record still stand till date chemical engineering from lower to distinction.

Motivate yourself.goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by JohnnA1: 11:43am On Jun 03, 2022
Cc: olawalebabs, Fynestboi, Richiez, Mynd44
Please let's read more views on frontpage as this will help us in similar situations.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by engrjosefz(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
Covenant97:
Good day Nairalanders,

My current CGPA is 4.40,and I am in level 300 currently first semester studying Accounting, which is a 4 year course.

Graduating with a first class has been my goal ever since I got into the university via direct entry( graduated with distinction as the overall best in my set, Kadpoly accounting).

But lately I have lost the motivation to put in the work to achieve my goal due to the delay in academic session caused by the incessant strike action, covid 19 and what not,but I still harbor the desire to graduate with a first class but just too lazy and unmotivated a-times to pick up my books and study.

My question is, would a first class still be possible? And if yes Any advice and easy/smart method that I can deploy to achieve this goal would be greatly Appreciated. Also for anyone who has experience this and has successfully scaled through this ordeal, your advice is also welcomed.

Ps I am a kind of person that don’t love reading for reading sake,but I don’t like failure and I work smart in such a way that can get me the result I wanted...( I don’t cheat nor pay to pass cause that’s impossible in my school)I am never an efico. I just want to do well and be counted among the best...

Thank you.
First thing for you to check out is this:

Try to calculate your anticipated CGPA using the last CGPA to know if you can meet up...

Do this by assuming a 5.00 GPA throughout the remaining semesters and perform the calculations of the GPA and CGPA respectively.

Then find the benchmark for you not to fall below 4.50 by giving yourself possible grades and work hard to get the grade or above.

I have done it during my undergraduate and it worked fine. Wish you all the Best ✅

1 Like

Re: Is A First Class Still Possible With My Current CGPA by saintkeppy(m): 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
Very possible just target or Add more A's & a little B's in your remaining courses in Level 300&final year to get at least 4.70 on a 5point scale. That's the strategy.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin / How Can I Get The Information On The Newly Introduce University In Osun State / Major Education Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.