Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral (3809 Views)

Nigerian Couple Who Lived In Empty Uncompleted Building Shares Growth / Couple Marry In Jeans & T-shirts To Show Weddings Don’t Have To Be Expensive / Twerking Young Girl Amazes Social Media Users, Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
heydays:
SAPA 101
Lol...who told you na SAPA.. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mindlog: 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol...who told you na SAPA.. grin grin

It is oozing in the pictures.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mindlog:

On a reflective note, I think back then those handling the classes didn't make it fun for kids, still remembering Uncle Slyvester and his cane! cheesy.

I usually like to drop by at my local parish here in Cambridge to observe the catechism classes and it is so much fun for the kids and they are always so excited for the next class.

They never used cane in ours, neither were they that strict (though there was no fun) but I could never understand why my brother hated going.
Block Rosary was what I did not like because we had to go everyday. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mindlog: 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

They never used cane in ours, neither were they that strict (though there was no fun) but I could never understand why my brother hated going.
Block Rosary was what I did not like because we had to go everyday. cheesy

Block Rosary was sure banker because it was held in our compound for some years, my sister was in charge of setting up the altar and prayers started by 6p.m, Monday to Friday with Catholic kids from the neighbourhood, phew...it was rowdy! cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mindlog:

It is oozing in the pictures.
cheesy
It could be relationship that produced pregnancy o..

Or some other cultural heritage stuffs.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
Munzy14:

Catechism! It's been long I heard this word..

I gara catechism?

I natara oriri nso ka o wu confirmation, ole nke imere eme..

Na girls they like catechism pass na...for confirmation class...Plus time to be away from parents eye while enjoying TT by guys.. grin grin grin

Smh the other time, my immediate was telling my mom how we use to divide and chop offering money given to us as little boys...

And na me dey coordinate the spending...lmao

We buy kuli kuli because it comes bulky for that of 1 naira..Imagine that of 10niara then..

Or we buy aki awusa dry one.. grin grin

Boys eeeh, lmao we disturb o.

A gara m a ga, natakwanu oriri. I mean, who wasn't eager to taste that? cheesy

You wanted the chance to be away from home? In our case, we hated going because we already had so much freedom as children.

What did your mum say? cheesy

We used to spend part of our offering money too. Children ehn...cheesy cheesy

I once told my mum that siblings are more loyal to themselves than their parents.
Parents will never always know everything their children are up to.

Boys ehn...fear them. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mindlog: 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
Munzy14:

cheesy
It could be relationship that produced pregnancy o..

Or some other cultural heritage stuffs.

May not necessarily be pregnancy, I have attended such weddings in some rural communities where expectations are very, very low.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mindlog:

Block Rosary was sure banker because it was held in our compound for some years, my sister was in charge of setting up the altar and prayers started by 6p.m, Monday to Friday with Catholic kids from the neighbourhood, phew...it was rowdy! cheesy cheesy

Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin

I liked Block Rosary only during Christmas seasons because then we only held short prayers, then we'd go on congress, visiting each member's house day after day, singing and beating drums, then the parents would give us gifts (like drinks, biscuits, candles, cash...)

At the end of it, the brothers will then share everything among us. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mindlog: 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

I liked Block Rosary only during Christmas seasons because then we only held short prayers, then we'd go on congress, visiting each member's house day after day, singing and beating drums, then the parents would give us gifts (like drinks, biscuits, candles, cash...)

I doubt if Block Rosary centres are still functional in Lagos, my centre (which no longer exist) produced 2 SMA Priests and a Reverend Sister. wink
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

A gara m a ga, natakwanu oriri. I mean, who wasn't eager to taste that? cheesy

You wanted the chance to be away from home? In our case, we hated going because we already had so much freedom as children.

What did your mum say? cheesy

We used to spend part of our offering money too. Children ehn...cheesy cheesy

I once told my mum that siblings are more loyal to themselves than their parents.
Parents will never always know everything their children are up to.

Boys ehn...fear them. cheesy
Lmao...you were eager to chop oriri nso.. grin

I mere confirmation?

I saw where you mentioned block rosary sef...hehehehe..mehn !!! Taking me back to memory lane as little boy with dreams...Me and my brothers worry well well for block rosary..All those sentimental teachers, we show them pepper... grin grin grin

My mum was laughing that day o..She said she caught our last born back then when he was using offering money to buy fish roll, immediately he saw her, he ran back to the seller, and told her to take back the fish roll, that he is not interested again.. grin grin grin this was when he was in primary 1 o...
My mom si the scenario was comedy..she laugh tire that day..

Spending offering money a normal for children...Mpa m bia ya kponye anyi coins, anyi tunye small na offering box, the rest wuzi zuru ihe tawa..grin

Sure na, Siblings run code..Till date we code in front of my Parents..My brother is throwing a birthday party for himself on Sunday, ego o nyere mma m jidere ya, ka o biara bia nara ya half...Gwa mma m na o gara ime invest the money..Mu elegide mma m chiwa, I had to break Nsugbe coconut for her..Na nwa ya oji n'aka choro i host party..grin grin she was like eeeeee eeh!...

Ndi mma ka akacha aghogbu..lol
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mindlog:

May not necessarily be pregnancy, I have attended such weddings in some rural communities where expectations are very, very low.
Wow!

Different side to life...But I like the uniqueness and simplicity of a marriage ceremony..

After all lavish wedding no get trophy grin
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

Onye nri... grin grin

Block rosary dey sweet during Christmas sha...Christmas carols and end of the year party that follows..

So these things happen in Lagos as well...I thought it was mainly a south east thing..Catholic is one..
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mindlog: 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
Munzy14:

Onye nri... grin grin

Block rosary dey sweet during Christmas sha...Christmas carols and end of the year party that follows..

So these things happen in Lagos as well...I thought it was mainly a south east thing..Catholic is one..

Yes, it was strong back then in Lagos. I recall when visiting the other centre (Queen of Peace) that was about 5 streets away from our own centre (Seat of Wisdom) , we the kids would be on a single file according to our heights and march to the other centre reciting the rosary, we were a spectacle likewise the other centre, when they come visiting our centre.

Beautiful childhood memories.cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by emmanuelbrown26: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mindlog:

Uncle Emma, dis your friendship tagging...abeg make I look the sky outside! cheesy
Lolssss why always shock whenever I greet u?
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
E be for Buhari economy!
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 12:24am On Jun 04, 2022
Mindlog:

Yes, it was strong back then in Lagos. I recall when visiting the other centre (Queen of Peace) that was about 5 streets away from our own centre (Seat of Wisdom) , we the kids would be on a single file according to our heights and march to the other centre reciting the rosary, we were a spectacle likewise the other centre, when they come visiting our centre.

The orderliness and coordination a typical catch them young in the Catholic setting.

Wow In my Crib here, we had Seat of Wisdom and Queen of peace centres as well..

Wonderful memories...The bible quiz competitions as well... cheesy

From block rosary I moved to Mass serving..As the first boy to in my centre, other boys followed..

Automatically I became a star boy from stubborn boy back then .. grin
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 10:02am On Jun 04, 2022
Munzy14:

The orderliness and coordination a typical catch them young in the Catholic setting.

Wow In my Crib here, we had Seat of Wisdom and Queen of peace centres as well..

Wonderful memories...The bible quiz competitions as well... cheesy

From block rosary I moved to Mass serving..As the first boy to in my centre, other boys followed..

Automatically I became a star boy from stubborn boy back then .. grin

Our center then was mirror of justice.

So, you were even an altar boy? Wow! cheesy

Munzy14:

Onye nri... grin grin

I like sweet sweet things. cheesy

I remember back then, you have to be present in the Christmas carols, or you don't get to share in the gifts at the end of it. Or you get less.

Yes. Catholics are the same everywhere.
Even in Mexico.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 10:12am On Jun 04, 2022
Mindlog:

I doubt if Block Rosary centres are still functional in Lagos, my centre (which no longer exist) produced 2 SMA Priests and a Reverend Sister. wink

They still are, but not common. I heard some of them singing from afar last Christmas.

Mindlog:

I was smiling while reading this. cheesy
Good memories that stir up wonderful feelings.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Our center then was mirror of justice.

So, you were even an altar boy? Wow! cheesy

I like sweet sweet things. cheesy

I remember back then, you have to be present in the Christmas carols, or you don't get to share in the gifts at the end of it. Or you get less.

Yes. Catholics are the same everywhere.
Even in Mexico.
Lol...ours was Mother of God...We won a lot of trophies in the Quiz competitions then..It made us popular..And ndi brother will always want to Identify with us.

Yea From my primary6 till ss3..7 good years...Deeply rooted and grounded in Catholic doctrine sha..And I am enjoying the blessings even though bad boy life took over. cheesy

I left when my mom started a programme in the Uni, so I can fix house chores while she is busy till I got admission outside my state and left.

In Igbo I likiri ihe uto.. grin grin

Christmas season is pure fun..Our Block rosary
president then, we usually go to his house to watch movie..During the days of VHS..
Anyi lewe film, ya ru romantic scene, ya si anyi fuwa outside.. grin grin Like as if we don't know what will happen... cheesy Me I will start laughing because I laugh a lot, ha bia si amuru m ihe ojoor osiso..lol

Even the two great footballers are Catholic..Very dominant church...Really one.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol...ours was Mother of God...We won a lot of trophies in the Quiz competitions then..It made us popular..And ndi brother will always want to Identify with us.

Yea From my primary6 till ss3..7 good years...Deeply rooted and grounded in Catholic doctrine sha..And I am enjoying the blessings even though bad boy life took over. cheesy

I left when my mom started a programme in the Uni, so I can fix house chores while she is busy till I got admission outside my state and left.

In Igbo I likiri ihe uto.. grin grin

Christmas season is pure fun..Our Block rosary
president then, we usually go to his house to watch movie..During the days of VHS..
Anyi lewe film, ya ru romantic scene, ya si anyi fuwa outside.. grin grin Like as if we don't know what will happen... cheesy Me I will start laughing because I laugh a lot, ha bia si amuru m ihe ojoor osiso..lol

Even the two great footballers are Catholic..Very dominant church...Really one.

7 whole years? I kwesiri I wu Reverend father. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mindlog: 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Mgbe nna ga ahu ada nnem na Convent ha, bia hu e be ndi Sisters na serve Mass, ha na efe thurible....awuro oku! cheesy cheesy

They are taught to serve Mass from their first year and have a roster for Mass serving.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 6:24am On Jun 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

grin grin kuku finish me..lol

Me that was groomed to be a daddy.. grin grin

My parents used the alter boy to capture and curtail my stubbornness...Mine was extreme in the little boy days...And their plans worked..So I learnt a way of curtailing the boy child in the Catholic way.

Ya wuru nwa m nwaanyi, Ma kporo ya gawa Mary league girls.. grin

Did you join Mary league girls?
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2022
Mindlog:

Mgbe nna ga ahu ada nnem na Convent ha, bia hu e be ndi Sisters na serve Mass, ha na efe thurible....awuro oku! cheesy cheesy

They are taught to serve Mass from their first year and have a roster for Mass serving.

Ada nne gi? Chai!
God bless her and your parents for that sacrifice.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 9:10am On Jun 05, 2022
Munzy14:

grin grin kuku finish me..lol

Me that was groomed to be a daddy.. grin grin

My parents used the alter boy to capture and curtail my stubbornness...Mine was extreme in the little boy days...And their plans worked..So I learnt a way of curtailing the boy child in the Catholic way.

Ginwa murula ihe ojoo ke-mgbe I nu na nwata. cheesy

Onye aghirigha! cheesy

Ya wuru nwa m nwaanyi, Ma kporo ya gawa Mary league girls.. grin

Did you join Mary league girls?

No, I didn't.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

Ginwa murula ihe ojoo ke-mgbe I nu na nwata. cheesy

Onye aghirigha! cheesy

No, I didn't.
Lmao...I knew things I am supposed to know na... cheesy

Y didn't you?

You left For CE?
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2022
Munzy14:

Lmao...I knew things I am supposed to know na... cheesy

Y didn't you?

You left For CE?

I told I didn't like going to catechism, much less block rosary, gi na a juoha'm ma m so na umu Mary? cheesy
A si ulo fada gbara oku, gi na a ju ma o gbakwara ahu-onu ya. cheesy
Thankfully, my dad didn't enforce it.

Mpa m so na ndi CMO, while my mum so na ndi CWO.

I'm not a member of CE o, I just like some of their teachings.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

I told I didn't like going to catechism, much less block rosary, gi na a juoha'm ma m so na umu Mary? cheesy
A si ulo fada gbara oku, gi na a ju ma o gbakwara ahu-onu ya. cheesy
Thankfully, my dad didn't enforce it.

Mpa m so na ndi CMO, while my mum so na ndi CWO.

I'm not a member of CE o, I just like some of their teachings.
I wu half Catholic cheesy

Your Dad must be a calm man.

Oooh! I thought you do attend.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2022
Munzy14:

I wu half Catholic cheesy

Your Dad must be a calm man.

Oooh! I thought you do attend.

Mpa m wu Aries. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

Mpa m wu Aries. cheesy
Serious...March ka o wu April?
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Mariangeles(f): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2022
Munzy14:

Serious...March ka o wu April?

April.
Re: Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral by Munzy14(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

April.
Wow...Ndi otu last born anyi..

April born.

I have come to notice April born are blessed with money luck/grace ...My deep thoughts sha.
Try check from your side..Let me see if the research is working.. cheesy

Judging from my bro, and some other money guys I know..ma obi ma nwa nga ya chief priest.

And some close friend Born in April.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". / Why Do Men Always Find It Difficult To Take Fertility test In Barren Marriages? / Here Are 20 Things Authentic People Do Differently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.