Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

[horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] (9338 Views)

Nigerian Woman Arrested In US For Striping Unclad In Front Of Police (Photos) / Woman Arrested For Attempting To Use Twins For Fraud / Couple In Trouble Over Defiling And Battering Of 13-year Old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Roland17(m): 4:40am On Jul 19, 2011
Another case of child abuse, this time physical abuse, can we imagine this boy's mind set now, how this battering by his mother would shape his future, he might grow up becoming aggressive? so many other children we can not see are in bondage all in the name of parenting, please lets help fight this despicable trend in our society today,
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by MOBO999: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2011
Well since she has been caught, if she does not get atleast 12 months to 18 months in jail, that country will see no light.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by r231(m): 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by oludashmi(f): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2011
angry angry cry cry cry Her own child?

Later this boy will grow hardened
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2011
she is a monster,how can the government be dilly dallying about prosecuting her?How can a person beat a small defenseless child like this?
She should be in jail and arrangements should be made for the boy because her false crocodile tears doesn't mean she wont harm the child again
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by hbrednic: 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2011
oh my God,wot a wicked world cry
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Tsun(f): 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2011
What a wicked world, some pple are looking for the friut of the womb while this fool is about to kill hers.
God, forgive us. Poor boy, may the Good Lord, bless and keep him. Amen!!!
WICKED WOMAN,
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by gogodaye(m): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2011
Abeg, make dem rescue the poor boi from his damned momsi. She wan killam. De poor kid dey remind her of her abandonment by him papa. To add insult to injury, d poor kid dey interfer wit her attempt to start off again. Some Murdering mothers sef. later dem go say na men wicked pass.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
The woman must be a witch
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Sholaf(f): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2011
It breaks my heart to see a defenseless child being brutally abused.  
I think the boy's mum needs medical help and if found sane, should be locked up and the keys thrown in the ocean.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by mcelisus: 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2011
This is pure evil. She shud b thoroughly flogged. At times sharia law is necessary.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Rgp92: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
STOP CHILD BEATING!!!! IT SHOULD BE BAN ALREADY! Beating never help at all. angry
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by michylabo(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2011
I am close to tears, May God forgive the woman
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2011
Na wao for this woman sha
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Sike(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2011
They're suppose Burn that Woman alive. #Justsuggesting
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by 2010Idowu(f): 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2011
cry My heart goes out to this baby. If there is one thing I can't stand, it is a person who abuses a child. I would LOVE!!! to get my hands on that so-called mother! angry She's no mother! If she is not locked up and prosecuted, I will personally see that the U.S. bullies Nigeria into it!! angry
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by anointedf(m): 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2011
A beast in human cloak.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by sley4life(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2011
this woman is a wicked witch, Lucifer. She needs to be jailed 4 life
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by rhamzus(m): 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2011
inflicting injury on another man, is jst crazy. she may b doing this cos she sees d boys father whenever she looks @ d boy (dis creates hatred for d kid), you may never know what the boys father did or as d story goes, her new husband cant b a father to d kid and told her to tk care of it.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by temikemi(f): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2011
I will never treat somebody else's child this wat talkless my own children. I hope she get life imprisonment.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by rastaman20(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2011
I dont believe she is the boys mother, becuase a mother can never do such evil to a child that she carried for 9 months.

God save us.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by ikooko(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2011
My body was filled with goose pimples when i read this story 24 hrs ago, because i imagine those strip marks on my body and since then, my mind have been very busy - why?

I try not to imagine how many of children in similar situations we have around us, thank God this boy has been rescued what about others like him, what can we do to safe them?

I am actually shocked to realized that I cannot easily contact any Child Right Organization if I come across any similar case. If they exist, they are rather very unpopular; this mean that the level of awareness is very low in this regard and to think that Nigerian Police is a complete waste of time on any issue leave much to ponder the mind.

LET US BOOST AWARENESS ON CHILD ABUSE addresses and contact phone numbers should be well published. The boy was rescued because the neighbor knew what to do and how to do it.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by seyibrown(f): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2011
Sheer wickedness! sad
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2011
I cried as I saw those pics
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2011
The name of the foundation that saved the boy is Esther Child Foundation.They have a web page but no Facebook page
If u really want to help and not be spectators you can support it
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Reference(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2011
And only if they knew what some couples will do to get just half a child. This world sef. undecided undecided undecided
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by kunlaxo: 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2011
Send the IDIOT' to the HAGUE For CHILD ABUSE. grin cheesy cool
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Richchibuzor(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2011
d woman is a monster n should be allow to dance d music.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by Outstrip(f): 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2011
ehie:

The name of the foundation that saved the boy is Esther Child Foundation.They have a web page but no Facebook page
If u really want to help and not be spectators you can support it

The first thing I did when I read the story was to search for a website. Did not find one. Could you please post the link? Do you know if the little boy is still in Lagos or will they foster kids out of state?
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by niddamugu(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2011
Lead us not into temptation,
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by lastpage: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2011
Hmmm.,.,., Woe-man inhumanity to man! Its really sad, such defenseless creatures like children need to be well looked after.

Now that the "emotions" have run their full course, a few things struck my attention and l will raise them here:

@doctokwus
What of d new husband people, nobody has questioned his role in dis.Behind every devilish woman deres an insane man.Mayb dey both felt he's d 'witch' of dere misfortunes,being from akwa ibom,were all kids are presumed witches until Confessed by death!

1.) Throughout the "story" anyone would have noticed the implicit "shifting of blame and responsibility" by the woman (and some posters here sef!) to THE MEN!
Its either it was her current husband's fault or the fault of her new husband who by the way is in South Africa when this was happening!

The question we should ask is:

a) If she had a turbulent relationship with her first husband, is it a must that she must "vent anger on an innocent child" who has no-hand in the matter? Why not look for a way to "suffer" that husband, as is usually the case?

b)  her claim that her second husband does not want to see the child (and thats why she wants to kill him!) is completely "hogwash excuse" as in such case, it is that man that would have been violent towards that child but she never made any claim of him been violent towards the child but rather it was her, his mother!

c) If the first husband was "abusive" as she is claiming, now that he is gone and out of the picture, why is this kind of wickedness still on-going? Does that not even give credence to the suspicion that she is the "violent person" in that previous relationship and that her violence could actually be what killed that her first marriage?

d)Looking at the wounds, they are recent and repeated. Could this woman not have relocated the child to another family member, if his presence is affecting her new relationship?

d) Could it be that the truth is that she actually wanted to get-rid of "all traces and evidence" of her previous relationship (and this boy ain't going away that quickly!) so that she can now "appear" fresh and sisi-eko? Is that enough excuse, to treat a child like this?

Let it be known that "all human, man or woman, are equally capable of evil and trying to shift the blame, burden or excuse for one's wickedness, shows how crafty and cunning some women have become"! Every Evil MUST be blamed or traceable to a MAN! shocked

Now, some have suggested locking her up for years, breaking her head, or even killing her!
shocked angry

I say this is completely unnecessary!.

All she needs is "counseling" by matured people.

Make her see why it is wrong ( l am sure she knows) to treat a child this way.
Punish her a bit (verbal scolding and threats of jail if it happens again), should be enough, remember, we cannot give the boy another mother!

The boy should be removed from her "presence" until she feels she really and desperately wants the boy back (an begs for it).

My thinking is that, "Of what benefit is it to the boy (now and in later years) , if his mother is sent to jail on his account"?

Like one spouse being sen to jail for another in cases of "domestic violence" (l know women will say its okay as long as its a man that goes to jail  wink ), it will only make a "broken relationship worse and irredeemable".

Mark you, the mother must feel remorse for what she has done but its not killing or jailing her that builds remorse, it is "the realization and acceptance of having done wrong", through counselling!

Again, we all seem to assume that "parenting skills" come naturally?
Not true, especially for a woman who "produced a child" at 19yrs, when she was still maturing!
Simply put, she was not matured enough to deal with her situation and she vented her anger on the child.
So, what she need is "training and teaching" as regards "how to be a good parent".

Same goes for men (and school teachers) who beat children excessively;
It is not how vicious the 'canning is", that makes the child learn the lesson or change, it is the "gentle and loving talk, the explanation that comes before you even raise the cane", that gets into a child's inner-core. As a very matured parent, l know this.
I hope this will help other parents in similar circumstances.

Until we hear from her husband (current and former), l think it is foolish to  heap blame on them, just because she "uses them as a convenient excuse"  or did they "program her" to be wicked to her child? Nonsense.

BTW: Did anyon notice she is carrying "another baby" on her back? Wish we could examine his/her body for evidence of abuse (or not), it could shed more light on how her mind works towards her children.
Re: [horrific] Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos Inside] by JUO(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
ah na wao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Boy Was Alive Yesterday But Dead This Afternoon Because Of Cult War - PHOTO / Vigilante Chief Kills Man Over Girlfriend In Delta / She Was Been Raped And Kept Inside The Freezer.. (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.