Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) (90981 Views)

Lady Sexually Harassed By A Man At Ajah Park In Lagos (Video) / Lady Sexually Harrases A Male Onions Seller From The North, Records It (Video) / Lady Sexually Assaulted By Uber Driver After She Fell Asleep Inside Car (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by 2mercy: 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2022

Condemnation has trailed the alleged sexual assault of a lady, identified as Izzy, at Eko Hotels, Lagos State.

The victim narrated that she had a horrific experience at the hotel while waiting for an Uber driver.

According to her, a strange man touched her thigh and later punched her for rebuking him over the act.

In a Twitter thread on Thursday, Izzy said, “I was waiting for an Uber in the lobby of Eko Hotels when a stranger walks by, touches my thigh and goes ‘hey wassup’ I’m then enraged telling him that he does not deserve to touch me as we do not know each other.

“I dismissed him; after telling him thusly, he walks back up to me and punches me in the face because of the weight of my accusations and the truth.

“We scuffled and he left! I filed a complaint and practically beg for the CCTV footage from the incident! All in all, this world is shit #ekohotels #lagos #nigeria. Well if you see me clocked out you’ll know it’s because I can’t deal anymore.”

When contacted on the telephone, an official of the hotel said the incident would be investigated.

The official who responded to our correspondent’s call said, “This is news to me. I am just hearing this for the first time. We will investigate and get back to you.”

The official, however, refused to give his name, stating that he should be quoted anonymously.

However, many Nigerians on Twitter have demanded justice for the lady, urging the hotel to make the CCTV footage available.

Chinny-San @kilonpop said, “A scuffle happened and Eko Hotel security and staff let him leave!!! Goodness! This just sank in. Heartbroken!”

Dr A.K @Drwisephool said, “This is absolutely pitiable and heart-aching, it troubles my heart that a woman has to experience this type of assault and battery unprovoked.

“It shouldn’t be let to slide, otherwise the assailant would likely continue in this vein of action against other women.

“May I suggest you report to the most appropriate authority to handle this case, with such authority, the CCTV record tape can be recovered and the assailant identified and at least gets to be placed on the search for apprehension. This breaks my heart badly!”

Kieran Chiebuka @KieranChiebuka advised that “You can sue Eko Hotels, just enlist an energetic lawyer to wake them up? No security at the foyer, none at the outer gate to stop the felon?”

Ikjunior @Ikjunior4 said, “I don’t understand this… Eko Hotels should have security guards, how didn’t they do something about it?? Why’ll you have to beg for footage of you being hit? You should file a complaint against the hotel too.”

Tunde @tunde_fernandes added, “Isn’t there a way the hotel management and security could help find justice? There has to be a way. That’s a good place to start. Apologies will never fix or neutralise the problem of sexual harassment.”

https://punchng.com/nigerians-demand-justice-for-lady-sexually-assaulted-beaten-at-eko-hotels/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Joezinho: 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2022
Chimamanda Adichie once said, "..We must be wary of the dangers of a single story.."

394 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Aidejay(m): 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
Joezinho:
Chimamanda Adichie once said, "..We must be wary of the dangers of a single story.."
of all chimamanda quotes you could have used in this thread after reading this story, you chose this grin

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by triple996(m): 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
Let's hear 4rm d other side

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by alsudan: 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
Abeg Clocked out na another slang for Suicide?

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Joezinho: 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
Aidejay:
of all chimamanda quotes you could have used in this thread after reading this story, you chose this grin

Until the police gets access to the CCTV footage, I ain't gonna be one sided. Believing a naija lady should be ranked as the 3rd most foolish things on earth.

521 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by OVB123: 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
I tire for this country ooo. Wahala no dey finish at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by baretalk: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
They always chase those olosho from that hotel, they might have mistaken her for one.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by MajesticKris: 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
What where u wearing....
Na Question i ask oo..

Nt to forget this is Nigeria, where our Men gets turned on by wht they seeeee

She must have worn something reveling.. to warrant such Touching..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Ballzproblemm: 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
I just watched the video and it was Tinubu that did it that's why they threw it under the carpet.

So sad.

Peter Obi should drop him as VP ASAP
stop taking India hemp

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by bigdammyj: 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Reading
Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Mumusaphire: 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Every time, demand for justice. After 2 weeks, die down. Mteeeewww

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by excomarow(m): 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
angry
Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Klington: 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Ceenachi: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
Op
please can you tell the judges of social media how the lady was dressed.
Some of the sexual assault we are experiencing today is from we ladies, some will dress without undies while some without bra, some live to go naked in the name of fashion

Unless someone who never visited such places will think morality is there - ladies of nowadays hmmm I fear this our generation

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Omahleigh(f): 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
MajesticKris:
What where u wearing....

This one think say na America she dey she wan cash out...

She must have worn something reveling.. to warrant such Touching..

4 Likes

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by BigDawsNet: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
Nigeria is a top Mystery Drama Crime Tvshow in the Alien world...

Those extra terrestrial can't afford to miss the next episodes....

3 Likes

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Omahleigh(f): 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mumusaphire:
Every time, demand for justice. After 2 weeks, die down. Mteeeewww
Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by CryptoClub2018: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
Did she talk about the level of insult she rained on the man? Emotional blackmail

86 Likes

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by trifted404: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
cry she needs and deserves Justice and it must be served

1 Like

PlanetA:
Some of these Twitter stories.. let her go to the police and make a formal report
Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by WideMouth333(m): 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
when you are ready do contact emekachainz media house to help blast out your presidential ambition to millions online....
just as the way emekachainz is helping peter obi Labour party gain more popularity every where online....
emakachainz media house can do that for you with peace of mind.
ASAP!
tinubu and atiku forgot to settle emekachainz and that's why they are loosing heavily.
just go and ask wizkid how he became famous today
Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by InMyFeelings: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
WideMouth333:
when you are ready do contact emekachainz media house to help blast out your presidential ambition to millions online....
just as the way emekachainz is helping peter obi Labour party gain more popularity every where online....
emakachainz media house can do that for you with peace of mind.
ASAP!
tinubu and atiku forgot to settle emekachainz and that's why they are loosing heavily.
just go and ask wizkid how he became famous today

1 Like

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Rashkeed101: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
According to her, a strange man touched her thigh and later punched her for rebuking him over the act.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the guy didn't mean no harm. He might just have touched her thigh unwittingly. I am saying this because the same thing happened to me prior to when I bought a car. It was in a bus and while I was trying to shift for a passenger, my hands mistakenly touched a lady's boobs and next thing on my face was a hot slap and series of insults. I slapped her back and gave her the bashing of her life until I made everyone believe I didnt do it.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by InMyFeelings: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
baretalk:
They always chase those olosho from that hotel, they might have mistaken her for one.

1 Like

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Akfrenzy(m): 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
grin The Naija Johnny Depp will have to call the IGP fess and the CCTV FOOTAGE will start showing cartoon

9 Likes

Re: Izzy, Lady Sexually Assaulted, Beaten At Eko Hotels (Photo) by Malory: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
Joezinho:
Word

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Prostitute Jumps To Her Death In Dubai During Police Raid (Photo) / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US / Five Yahoo Yahoo LAUTECH Boys Busted By EFCC, See Their Faces (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.