Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 (23383 Views)

#8thsenatevaledictory: See How Nigerians Reacted As Saraki-led Senate Ends Today / How Saraki Plans To Defeat Buhari In 2019 / FG Directs Saraki-Led Appointees From Kwara To Resign Or Be Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by vicdom(m): 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
Presidential aspirant and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, on Thursday, narrated how former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, allegedly led a campaign of calumny against him in 2015.

Tinubu spoke at the Presidential Lodge in Abeokuta, the state capital, while addressing the APC delegates ahead of the party’s primary.

The national leader was accompanied to Ogun by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu; his Kano State counterpart, Umar Ganduje, and former Borno State governor, Kasim Shettima.

“You have not heard this from me before. This is the first place I am saying this,” Tinubu who addressed the delegates in Yoruba said.

According to him, Saraki’s campaign of calumny affected his emergence as the running mate of Muhammadu Buhari in the 2015 presidential election.

He said, “since the time we started with the Action Congress, Action Congress of Nigeria, and now the All Progressives Congress, I wanted to contest for president that time.

“This is me telling you between me and God Almighty, Buhari called me to be his Vice President. He said because the first time he contested, he picked Okadigbo, flamboyant, catholic, but Nigerians didn’t vote for him.

“The second time, he picked another Igbo, Omesioke, Nigerians didn’t vote for him, that if he goes to bring the Pope to run as his vice, Nigerians won’t vote for him, “but you, Bola Tinubu, you have six governors, you have never lost an election before, come and be my vice”.

“He knew all the calculations then favoured us, that is why he wanted me as his vice, but I told him to let us build the party first. And when we finished building the party after we brought in people from the PDP, Saraki now saw that those from the PDP will not get anything if Buhari, a Muslim becomes the president and me, also a Muslim becomes his vice, he won’t get the senate president and the senate president cannot also be a Muslim, that was how they started the campaign of calumny against me.

“And I told them that I have a candidate that is a Christan that I can nominate so that the party will not break, that was how I nominated Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. I surrendered my right to him (Osinbajo).

“I was asked to submit three names, Yemi Cardozo, Wale Edun, and Yemi Osinbajo, but I told them if I submit three names, they will play a game, they may make it four and pick the fourth one. I gave them one name and that was Osinbajo.”

Speaking on why he is the best choice among other aspirants in South West, he said, “it is my time, I’m educated, I’m experienced. I have been serving people for a long time, bring me the presidency, it is my turn.”

https://punchng.com/how-saraki-led-campaign-of-calumny-against-me-in-2015-tinubu/?amp

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Mooh247: 11:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
Himself chop otoge

342 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by islandsscotch8: 11:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
Asiwaju, the Lion of Bourdillon will be the president no matter what.

330 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Yobabad: 12:00am On Jun 03, 2022
Desperate man, thunder were are you right now?

345 Likes 80 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by cleatsmottled9: 12:04am On Jun 03, 2022
Lion of Bourdillon . This man is just everywhere you go. You got our support come rain come sunshine

326 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by fergie001: 12:04am On Jun 03, 2022
We will see how the coming days will go.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Nigerialabalaba: 12:05am On Jun 03, 2022
Mooh247:
Himself chop otoge
saraki and betrayal na 5&6. Dat na why nobody trust am for even pdp.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by sirjoggy(m): 12:05am On Jun 03, 2022
tongue
Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by SarkinYarki: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu bis clearly having a mental breakdown...He should be taken off the campaign trail ASAP and sent into retirement

233 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Radiant01(m): 12:09am On Jun 03, 2022
vicdom:

https://punchng.com/how-saraki-led-campaign-of-calumny-against-me-in-2015-tinubu/?amp

“I was asked to submit three names, Yemi Cardozo, Wale Edun, and Yemi Osinbajo, but I told them if I submit three names, they will play a game, they may make it four and pick the fourth one. I gave them one name and that was Osinbajo."

Hummm This part interest me

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by paracolaxnear1: 12:09am On Jun 03, 2022
Asiwaju baba Seyi These hate filled souls have made it a duty to slander his image but the man keep showing them why he is the Lion of Bourdillon

321 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by SarkinYarki: 12:10am On Jun 03, 2022
Nobody was ever going to accept that Muslim Muslim ticket ..Tinubu go and rest please

243 Likes 59 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Feggie3: 12:10am On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu get out!!! Presidency is not your birth right!

277 Likes 81 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 03, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Tinubu bis clearly having a mental breakdown...He should be taken off the campaign trail ASAP and sent into retirement
Sorry, don't cry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by fergie001: 12:12am On Jun 03, 2022
Feggie3:
Tinubu get out!!! Presidency is not your birth right!
Presidency is Nobody's Birthright.

244 Likes 77 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by stainedanisus1: 12:15am On Jun 03, 2022
Bola Ahmed Tinubu Please advise children of hate not to hate on a man that God favors

315 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Megabig: 12:16am On Jun 03, 2022
You had Yemi Cardozo and Wale Edun who are strong economists that can guide and ode of a president and you chose a slow Lawyer and butt licking pastor.
Asiwaju your choice was to deceive the religious opioids in Nigeria and not to put someone who is really credible. This made me so sad mehnnnnn

I sat down to watch a few clip of Tinubu on YouTube and I can’t picture why someone will want him as a president. This will be Buhari pro-max, he will travel 20 times in 12 months for medical vacation. Don’t y’all have eyes at least?

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Feggie3: 12:17am On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:

Presidency is Nobody's Birthright.
and why is he forcing it. Bribing everyone to sway votes.
Why don't he keep his money let we Nigerians that are desperate for good governance be the ones to beg him to come govern us? Is he that desperate? What does he even mean by it is his turn?

234 Likes 76 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by fergie001: 12:19am On Jun 03, 2022
Feggie3:
and why is he forcing it. Bribing everyone to sway votes.
Why don't he keep his money let we Nigerians that are desperate for good governance be the ones to beg him to come govern us? Is he that desperate? What does he even mean by it is his turn?
Presidency is also not turn by turn Nigeria Limited. Like I have been saying since last year, the leader of the Party has someone in mind and he will make it known a day to the Convention at worse and I implore APC members to rally round the President. That's all.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by cuddlyaplasta4: 12:20am On Jun 03, 2022
Asiwaju baba Seyi . This is almost the 1000th thread opened about him on Nairaland this year alone.

315 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by limeta(f): 12:23am On Jun 03, 2022
Oh pls keep you story to you self
Come tomorrow we see you and saraki laughing and hugging each other .
Boo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by bicoloratrite9: 12:25am On Jun 03, 2022
Asiwaju, the slayer of mpukumiri addicts. We will never stop supporting our leader

314 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by KoronaKola: 12:32am On Jun 03, 2022
Lion of Bourdillon , your direction is what we will follow.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by RobustRoad: 12:39am On Jun 03, 2022
Jagaban Borgu don't have time for hate and perdition children, I know they are going to still wail about him. Again, jagaban till eternity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Kenneth4u205(m): 12:40am On Jun 03, 2022
I feel sorry for him though.this is his last opportunity to contest due to age .but tribalism is his second name .he will be worst than buhari in appointment of Igbos.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by TallerKola: 12:44am On Jun 03, 2022
Asiwaju, Modern Lagos Architect . You got our support come rain come sunshine

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by Weak6Exers: 12:53am On Jun 03, 2022
Asiwaju, Modern Lagos Architect . This man is just showing up everywhere you go.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by BowlingTall: 12:58am On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu omo olodo ide ,Jah continue to bless you. No matter how much the weapon your enemies fashion against you, you'll eventually win over them. The only governor that consistently challenged the federal powers in his era as governor. The man who took the FG to court and made sure he created LCDAs to make government closer to people which is what many states copied now. A forward thinker

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by slivertongue: 2:01am On Jun 03, 2022
Asiwaju is just complaining up and down. He should cool down

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by BowlingTall: 2:06am On Jun 03, 2022
Lion of Bourdillon . This is almost the 1000th thread opened about him on Nairaland this year alone. This mandate is yours and kadara will come to pass

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by KoronaKola: 2:44am On Jun 03, 2022
Lion of Bourdillon . This man carefully masterminded the defeat of a ruling party. That is why Meth addicts hated him like he's the architect of IPOD terrorism. Akanbi must feat ni sha

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 by RobustRoad: 2:49am On Jun 03, 2022
Asiwaju, the Lion of Bourdillon , the man that make the heart of Meth addicts beat with fear. They wish they had someone like him, but they can never see someone like him hence they resorted to hating and gnashing of teeth. A forward thinker and a master strategist

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau Is From Niger Republic / Reps Pass Vote Of No Confidence On Fayemi, Bwari / DSS Charges Ex-NSA Dasuki To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.