Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) (57413 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / How I Made My Chinese Rice With Chicken Sauce Pics / The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Dorwadora(f): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2022
The rice looks nice....

But I have a question

My jollof rice always taste right, delicious, red and all but no matter how I try I don't seem to always get the right texture for it.

Even if I put small water to cook the rice, I still get a soggy jollof rice.

Can anyone help me with tips on how I'll make the look rice dry and cripsy without burning it.
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Coldie(m): 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2022
What is shombo
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by ideaz: 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2022
Better thing dey like this dey last.
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Obainomilano: 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2022
Thou shall not tempt the lord thy God ..
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Raychee(f): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2022
KmniAutos:

God forbid, you don't know the danger of oil combination and the soda in the coke , leads to blood congestion.

Source?
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Gubioma: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Abeg enjoy your life, challenges no dey finish.
Dan Borno....
Hhhhh glutonic
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by MyAmericandream(f): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
I want to stop the consumption of meat but roasted turkey won’t let me.
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by blaquebelle: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
This rice no look soft
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by fineboynl(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
Is been long I taste turkey. Can't even remember the year. For where can I even find it?

I need to eat turkey again.

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by abobote: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
I like this. My wife will prepare it for us this coming Sunday.
Though the ingredients is much, which one is rosemary leaves again
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
Dorwadora:
The rice looks nice....

But I have a question

My jollof rice always taste right, delicious, red and all but no matter how I try I don't seem to always get the right texture for it.

Can anyone help me with tips on how I'll make the look rice dry and cripsy without burning it.

You can consider using long grain rice and don't allow it cook for long when parboiling.

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by blaquebelle: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
Dorwadora:
The rice looks nice....

But I have a question

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by fineboynl(m): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2022
Dorwadora:
The rice looks nice....

But I have a question

that means you don't know how to cook rice. Same way some people cook indomie.
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by blaquebelle: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2022
You are boiling your rice instead of frying it. Jollof rice is fried with your already fried stew base. It should get soft with the steam it generates from the little water. It helps if you cover your pot properly with foil before putting the lid or if you're using these local coal pots with heavy cover. Anything you can device to prevent the steam from escaping should help. You can't escape burning your jollof rice if you want it dry. As my favorite food vlogger Sisi Yemmie says, you have to sacrifice some rice to the gods of party jollof rice grin grin
Dorwadora:
The rice looks nice....

But I have a question

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by BootyliciousBoy(m): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
Small Nyash is trying to shake undecided
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Dorwadora(f): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
blaquebelle:
You are boiling your instead of frying it. Jollof rice is fried with your already fried stew base. It should get soft with the steam it generates. It helps if you cover your pot properly with foil before putting the lid or if you're using these local coal pots with heavy cover. Anything you can device to prevent the steam from escaping should help.
I saw the use of foil on one TikTok video.. I'll try it the next time I cook it.

I always fry my rice of course after parboiling it and draining it. The texture has always just been the problem for me, my fried rice are never like that.

Thanks so much for this suggestion.
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Cokahot: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
If there are no diced fried plantain,then e no complete. Its like white rice and stew,without meat. No how the rice no go belle full u,till u chop meat
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by blaquebelle: 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2022
MyAmericandream:
I want to stop the consumption of meat but roasted turkey won’t let me.
Naso my mama talk sotey she don almost reach 120kg

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Dorwadora(f): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

You can consider using long grain rice and don't allow it cook for long when parboiling.
Yes .... I discovered that those short rice get soggy quickly. When I'm cooking them "white" I always make it a point to drain it inside a sieve to make it right.

Thanks so much for your suggestion smiley

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by pocohantas(f): 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
Dorwadora:
I saw the use of foil on one TikTok video.. I'll try it the next time I cook it.

I always fry my rice of course after parboiling it and draining it. The texture has always just been the problem for me, my fried rice are never like that.

Thanks so much for this suggestion.

I don’t think you need to fry your rice, whatever that means.

- Use long grain rice.
- After parboiling, ensure it is still firm.
- Your water should be just above the rice.
- Cook on medium-low heat. Jollof cooks with steam, not heat.
- You can seal the edges of the pot with foil or baking paper.

Lol @ fried rice. grin

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Rave90: 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hmmmn appealing.
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by otimize(m): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
Comot body joor... #Apcconvention

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by nijanigga: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
Taken with a very chilled bottle of coke tongue
Looks good.
All the right ingredients but drink ;soda ? Not good

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by nijanigga: 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNCOQg77yic

Recipe:
Rice
Turkey meat
Tomatoes
Tomato Puree
Tatashi
Shombo
Pepper
Onions
Curry Powder
Thyme leaves
Rosemary leaves
Vegetable oil
Chicken seasoning
Salt
Bay leaves
Nutmeg powder
Garlic
Ginger
I drink thyme ltea,rosemary and ginger Bay leaves etc are very medicinal

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by ismodiwa(m): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2022
Abeg do this elsewhere..
I never chop
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Dorwadora(f): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2022
pocohantas:

I don’t think you need to fry your rice, whatever that means.

- Use long grain rice.
- After parboiling, ensure it is still firm.
- Your water should be just above the rice.
- Cook on medium-low heat. Jollof cooks with steam, not heat.
- You can seal the edges of the pot with foil or baking paper.

Lol @ fried rice. grin
I think the frying part is the mixing of the rice with the sauce sad

I think I'm missing it because of the foil. I'll try it again soon

Thank you ma
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Stayingtrueee(f): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2022
Yummy... It looks good
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Okoroawusa: 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2022
Coldie:
What is shombo
It is like onu ikpu

Let me just catch the mod that push this thread to front page
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2022
Na only Christmas person dey chop good food.
Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by iamfactor(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2022
Abeg put small for my cooler make i carry go APC convention. I wan see by myself as Tinubu go take loose tonight.

1 Like

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
Abeg madam bring the food to the APC convention abuja, am in the offstair

2 Likes

Re: Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) by Lavish4real(m): 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
We dey under crisis and food still hungry you ?No na it’s not fair�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Tomato Is 4 For N500 (Photo) / Two White Men Seen Pounding Yam At An Event (Photos, Video) / The Cake A Lady Ordered Vs What She Got (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.