Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,619 members, 7,820,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.3 (18+) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.3 (18+) (631 Views)

OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt. 9 (18+) / OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.8. (18+) / OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.1 (18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.3 (18+) by Haynnie: 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2022
A week later I went in search of an apartment around Wellington Street. Although I saw some vacancies it was more than what Eugene has budgeted to pay and the agent I called earlier to help me look for a good apartment told me he got a vacancy in the staff quarter which is 60 kilometers from my school aside from that, he told me it was a bed-sitter apartment and the price was fair but he told me I'm to pay for a year and six months and I'm to pay for agent fee and other compulsory levies the landlord included which I estimated to a sum of two hundred and twenty-five thousand naira. “Omo is not a bad price but I'll pass abeg.

The only problem you can have with a house agent is most of them are not sincere. You would pay them to look for a house today, the next day they will call and tell you they found a good house for an irresistible price and would urge you to pay before another person took possession of the apartment. To play the smart one, first, go with them and see the place they called a “nice looking apartment.”

I was almost in the nook of Wellington street still going deep and beyond until I got to a small layout where few houses and stores were seen around I got to the first building, an old two-storeyed building with a chemist shop occupying the left side of the building. It was a quiet environment but it was not far from being peaceful as I observed the occupants from below. Not to feel too curious to check out the place, I thought of seeing the caretaker or whosoever was in charge of the building but who should I ask?

I briskly walked into the chemist shop hoping I get information concerning the person in charge of the building. There was a girl, sitted close to her desk. She had her hairdo on cornrows neatly plaited fitting her dark chubby face. her eyes were bright brown but a little big and she wore a black thin-framed glasses that gave her a flirty look. I guessed she was in her near twenty-three or more because her physique showed more of a woman and a voluptuous figure. “Body size isn't enough to justify her age though.” I said in my thought before entering the shop.

"Good afternoon sir," She smile at me and greeted me warmly in a sweet tone. I felt a rousing sensation resonating through my body I was caught up in her subtle voice before bounced back to my consciousness.
"G-g-good afternoon."
"How may I help you?" She replied maintaining her smile.
"Emm... Nothing much. I-I... er... I wanted to ask if there's any vacancy in this building." I pointed at the wall that was behind her.
"Or is there any way I can get to the caretaker or landlord so I can ask?"

She responded, "I don't know if there's any vacancy here but I can give you the caretaker's number. I haven't seen the landlord before."
I ran my eyes through the medical items that were arranged in each shelf, and exhaled slowly. She gave a short glance whilst going through her phone to get the contact. I brought out my phone too to make a dial.
She called out the numbers for me and told me to save the contact as caretaker Francis.
"Thank you very much, I will call him when I get home."
She nodded affirmatively. “You are welcome.”
I adjusted my satchel preparing to exit her shop when she called me back.
"Hey!" I turned back to her call.
"Yeah?"
"You didn't tell me your name o"
"Ohh, sorry I didn't even get to ask after your name.” I chuckled. “I'm Tammy... ?"
"I'm Wunmi." She grinned exposing her fine set of teeth.

The urge to take her number kept creeping into my mind but I was too shy to ask for it. I hesitantly stretched my hand forward for a handshake she did the same too and I quickly summoned the courage to ask for her number.
"Uhm... Do you live around here? Can I have your number if you can help me search for a vacant lodge? please?"

"Okay..." she called out her mobile line and waited for her line to buzz to get mine. "I've seen it I'll save it."
“Are you a student or an indegene?” she asked.

“I’m a student. Why ask?”

“I knew it!” she smiled. “ when you said I should help you look for an apartment my guess was, this guy is a student. Had it been you are an indegene I would have mind not giving you my number but for your case, you are handsome.” she smiled more brightly.

“Ha-ha, are you for real?”
“Yeah.”
“I would have not bother you of your number but I'm so busy preparing for test and I go for lectures and the only free day I have are Saturdays and Sundays. Most especially Sundays. Anyways before you will call me that you have seen an apartment for me I might have had one already. Who knows.”

She nodded slowly, “i understand. Is okay,I'll try scout for an apartment anytime.”
I thanked her again and promised to give her a call when I get home.

It was indeed a stressful but satisfying day for me. Meeting Wunmi made me forget about some places I wanted to check out before I retire home. Honestly, she was a sort of joy especially when she speaks, her English accent was clear and fluent. I hope I get to see her again anytime soon.
I deepened my imagination as I thread my way back along Wellington street till my feet got tired I patiently waited under the blazing sun for a bike man to pull through so I can continue my journey back home before dusk.

Please don't forget to leave a comment if you are enjoying this story. It helps boost my confidence to write more. T for Thanks! wink

2 Likes

Re: OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.3 (18+) by jojothaiv(m): 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
Haynnie:

“Are you a student or an indigene?” she asked.

“I’m a student. Why ask?” wink
This look promising.

I'll follow till the end.

1 Like

Re: OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.3 (18+) by Haynnie: 4:55pm On Jun 03, 2022
jojothaiv:

This look promising.

I'll follow till the end.

Thanks sir!
Anticipate the next chapter on Friday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.3 (18+) by jojothaiv(m): 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
Haynnie:

Thanks sir!
Anticipate the next chapter on Friday
Hopefully!

1 Like

Re: OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.3 (18+) by Udejohnchi(m): 6:14am On Aug 20, 2022
nice one and keep it up

1 Like

Re: OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt.3 (18+) by Haynnie: 7:21am On Aug 20, 2022
Udejohnchi:
nice one and keep it up
Been a while I write w new episode. I think I'll go back to continue the story.thanks anyways

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Writers Or Authors; Do You Feel Threaten Over Ai Writing Tools / Genuine Publisher Needed Who Can Get Market 4 My Works / Researcher Available!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.