Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 (855 Views)

Gov Soludo Mourns Gen Alexander Madiebo. / Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo / "Wahala" As Self-proclaimed Biafran General Declares The Sovereignty Of Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by greenermodels: 7:19pm On Jun 03, 2022
General Alexander Madiebo, a former Chief of Staff of the Biafran Army has passed on, aged 90.

A terse statement released by his family expressed sadness over his loss.

It reads. “We are sad to announce the passing of General Alexander Madiebo, Chief of Staff of the Biafran Army and the last of the 3 titans. He was 90.

“For condolence call please contact Chuka Madiebo (281)258-6731, Uchenna Madiebo 2348033434338, Nwora Madiebo 2348033012184, Obi Nweke (281)701-6486”

More details later…

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/ex-biafran-general-alexander-madiebo-dies-at-90/
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by mightyhaze: 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2022
RIP sir...

This man has been leading a very quiet life for decades now.. haven't heard much from him since..

His book the Nigerian revolution and biafran war is the greatest account of the war ever written..

7 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Golan007: 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2022
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Parachoko: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
I've read about him

May his soul RIP
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by kettykings: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
Wow the General of Generals , may his soul rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Racoon(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
Rest on odogwu madu! Ya gazie. Je nke oma.

1 Like

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by BUSINESSMAN2: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
Rest in peace the general
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Cypress042(m): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
Is this part of begging or the free will donation i used to knowwink;

2 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
The only person I knew to be alive who could give a first hand narration about the war.. cry
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Burruchaga71(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
Rip great man.
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Northernblood5(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
Great man
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by successmatters(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
How this man outwitted the North and returned to Igboland is amazing.

One of the greatest soldiers that lived in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
successmatters:
How this man outwitted the North and returned to Igboland is amazing.

One of the greatest soldiers that lived in Africa.
Did you by any chance read his book.? cheesy
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by samista: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
Alexander Madiebo was a warrior to the end. Madiebo, Achuzia, Ogbogu, iheanacho, Nwobosi, Onwuatuegwu and many other brave sons of Biafra who stood up to be counted when our existence as a people was threatened will be judged favourably by history. Your Labours will never be in vain, Biafra will never die, God bless Biafra and Biafrans.

Rest in Power, General of the people's army.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by PDJT: 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
-May the soul of our Able General Alexander Madiebo rest in perfect peace. We, Biafrans, are greatful to you and your family for all the sacrifices you made. Thank you. My family and I pray for your family to have the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

-La n'udo, Nna anyi. Ka emesia.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
mightyhaze:
RIP sir...

This man has been leading a very quiet life for decades now.. haven't heard much from him since..

His book the Nigerian revolution and biafran war is the greatest account of the war ever written..
I mean..he gave a first hand narration.. grin
Escape and how the revolution started to how they were conquered..one thing ain't gonna forget was where he was smuggled out of northern Nigeria.. grin

Cute guy he was..
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by ajekpaks(m): 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
RIP
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Tingotoe: 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
Rest in peace to the rebel lieutenant colonel.
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by ChiefS(m): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
He was a great man. His book on the war was quite captivating. RIP sir.
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Zanas: 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
A great man just departed the earth. Alexander Madiebo, My hero, may the Almighty grant you eternal rest.

1 Like

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Tingotoe: 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
ChiefS:
He was a great man. His book on the war was quite captivating. RIP sir.
He over exaggerated his role in the war to make it look like he was always right just like Obasanjo did in his.
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by slivertongue: 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Hmm never he was alive. Read his books
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by itchie: 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
Rest in peace General, we will never forget you and all you did for us. We will tell our children and children's children about the great General Alexander Madiebo, A great soldier, defender and hero of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Killmaster1(m): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
When u see kids who were born yesterday fighting over Biafra and who have not read this man's book,I just laugh.if u want to argue baifra,read his book before arguing
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by gwafaeziokwu: 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
What a loss!
Great men of Biafra who stick the middle finger to jihadists when it mattered most.
Legendary men who saw tomorrow and fought tooth and nail to save the future of their race from the anarchists from futajalon.
Men with iron balls who saw first hand, exposure of the barbaric culture of Usman Dan fodios' descendants and decided that their sons and daughters won't be part of generational madness.

They tried their best but the rest of Nigeria opted to be hoodwinked by a cause beyond their myopic understanding.

Today, from Kaduna, to Taraba. From Plateau to Benue, all over Nigeria, the anarchists are on rampage. Repeating the pogrom on hapless Nigerians over and over again. Even those that helped them massacre the innocent civilians in the 1966 has become the major victims. Yet somehow dumb Nigerians felt that it would stop. That a miracle will happen and peace will reign.

We go to school to study English and Maths, but failed to study human history and how it shapes our future.

The jihadist would never stop. You gather wealth, they destroy and plunder. They don't build but they want lionshare of your efforts. There is no rule of engagement with them. They are ready to kill 300 infants in one night just to create panic and fear so you can leave your resources and take flight.

Take the presidency for 8 years and build up our battered economy, once it's their turn the years of the locust shall return. With them Nigeria will remain a shithole for the next 100 years. One step forward, several steps backwards.

Rest on General Madiebo. Greet Ikemba for us.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by osinbanjoisaliar: 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
I think sey this man don die tey tey. Na very brilliant general during him time
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Saao(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
Rip Sir but why did the children put their phone numbers? For donations?
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by chiedozie198100: 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
mightyhaze:
RIP sir...

My dear that book is probably the most unbiased n accurate depiction of the war. I read that book just after I finished my SS3 exams. The first book I finished from cover to cover.

RIP GENERAL.
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by elgramz: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
General Madiebo, one of the men who saw tomorrow. They saw what Nigeria was and would become, They warned against it, they picked up arms to fight against it but myopic Nigerians who can't see beyond their noses were fooling themselves with illusions. Today everyone is crying about the same things Madiebo stood up to fight against over fifty years ago. Rest on General, you stood up and fought for truth and Justice in your time, we will not forget.
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by chiedozie198100: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
Killmaster1:
When u see kids who were born yesterday fighting over Biafra and who have not read this man's book,I just laugh.if u want to argue baifra,read his book before arguing

Bros that book go reset ur brain fast.

I read it after I finished SS3.
Re: Ex-biafran General, Alexander Madiebo Dies At 90 by Quiny32323: 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
chiedozie198100:

My dear that book is probably the most unbiased n accurate depiction of the war. I read that book just after I finished my SS3 exams. The first book I finished from cover to cover.

RIP GENERAL.

I will ask my dad to keep that book safe, I dont forget most of the things I read from that book.
I believe that guy pass ojukwu ojukwu wasn't my biafra hero in fact. Shares the same trait as the albino in prison.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Never Be Saved Not By Obi And Atiku, The Country Is Gone~pictures / Obong Of Calabar,ndidem Of The Quas Endorse Back To South Agenda / 5 Things Peter Obi Did Better Than Tinubu As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.