Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo (438 Views)

Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers / Tinubu Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Others / President Muhammadu Buhari Mourns General Abba Kyari’s Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by SoludoTV: 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2022
Anambra State Governor, Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo, CFR, has expressed deep sadness and sense of loss over the death of foremost Nigerian military Army officer and former Chief of Staff of the defunct Biafran Army, General Alexander Madiebo.

General Madiebo died on Friday, June 3, 2022, at the ripe age of 90.

In a statement to mourn the elder statesman, the Governor regretted that General Alexander Madiebo died at a time his wise counsel was needed in moving the state ahead. He expressed gratitude to God that the General lived a worthy life and died at a very advanced age.

The Governor remarked; “On behalf of my family, the Government and the good people of Anambra, I express my sincere condolence on the passage of a great patriot, courageous soldier and officer gentleman, General Alexander Madiebo.

“Though we would have loved him to still be with us, we take joy that he lived a life of service and accomplishment. His contributions to nation building and development of his immediate environment, remain strong reference points in patriotism and nationalism.

“He put his life on the line in protecting his people when it mattered most. It is gratifying that while in the battle fields, he kept notes that enabled him write one of the greatest books about the Nigerian civil war “The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran Civil War”.

“We will surely miss his wise counsel and exemplary life of service to fatherland.

It is my prayers that the good Lord will grant his noble soul eternal rest. May his immediate family and other relations have the fortitude to bear the pains of his exit, knowing that he led a worthy life.

Signed:

Christian Aburime
CPS to the Governor

https://www.soludo.tv/2022/06/04/soludo-mourns-general-alexander-madiebo/

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by AyakaDunukofia: 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
Great General of the people's army, rest in peace.
Adieu

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by FakeUnity: 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
Agu nwoke anaaa!

1 Like

Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by OdumegwuOjukwu: 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
An Iroko has fallen.

Journey well soldier, journey well.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by slivertongue: 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2022
Rest well general

1 Like

Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by gidgiddy: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
Nawah, commander of of the Biafran Army goes home

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by Mystic216: 1:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
We will not forget you daddy
Rest In Peace

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by Electrification: 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
May your soul find rest my hero

1 Like

Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by gwafaeziokwu: 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
Rest on the people's General!
Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by NwaIdeato: 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2022
His book "The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran war" was a masterpiece, very detailed and real that as a reader you could almost picture a scenic idea of everything that happened, surely worth a read!

RIP odogwu, you served your course and you shall always be remembered among our line of great heroes.
Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by Sergio101(m): 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
My final respect sir.

Tributes
Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by Malory: 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
NwaIdeato:
His book "The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran war" was a masterpiece, very detailed and real that as a reader you could almost picture a scenic idea of everything that happened, surely worth a read!

RIP odogwu, you served your course and you shall always be remembered among our line of great heroes.
I'm telling you. I still have it in my house
Re: Soludo Mourns General Alexander Madiebo by jeff1993: 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
TALK AND DO men!!

Men who WALK it like they TALK it .... Battled for what they believed in ..... Not the Useless idiotts like Simon Ekpa and his Useless Ekperimas shouting all the way from FINLand and causing Havoc in Igb0land.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

THROWBACK 2016: Buhari'II Try To Impose Another Fulani Man As Successor -Ajayi / Bola Tinubu's: I Have No Grudge's Against Osinbajo, Amaechi Or Anyone / Road Construction Update In Imo State - Amakohia / Akwakuma Road Wears New Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.