Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! (5231 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Hangs-out With Okorocha In Dubai / Wike Exchanging Pleasantries With Okorocha / Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by henry101(m): 5:23am On Jul 19, 2011
By CHIDI NKWOPARA
OWERRI—No fewer than 12 pensioners collapsed, yesterday, at the Dan Anyiam Stadium Complex, Owerri, Imo State, during a meeting with Governor Rochas Okorocha.

The collapsed pensioners were, however, revived by Red Cross officials and, thereafter, rushed to the hospital for more medical attention.

Pensioners from across the state were at the stadium to collect arrears of unpaid pension.

Special Assistant to the Governor on Print Media, Mr. Ebere Uzoukwa, told Vanguard, in a telephone interview, that “the senior citizens were paid on the spot, while those who could not make it to the stadium were asked to approach the sub-treasuries in their council areas.”

Earlier, Okorocha had told the pensioners that he was unhappy that the unpaid three-month arrears were inherited from the Achike Udenwa’s administration.

He said every July 18 will be celebrated as “Pensioners Day” in the state, promising that all outstanding pensions must be paid by his government.

Okorocha donated a bus to the state branch of Nigerian Union of Pensioners, NUP, and a car to the chairman of Imo NUP.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/12-pensioners-collapse-at-meeting-with-okorocha/
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by EzeUche(m): 5:30am On Jul 19, 2011
This man continues to amaze me. Okorocha more grease to your elbow.

I hope the pensioners get good quality medical attention.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by macjive01: 5:35am On Jul 19, 2011
sorry, but where the hell is this man getting all these moneys he is spending

free education,

maintaining and signing on Ohakims dream ideas and paper contracts

now paying off pensioners

all within two months
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by Chyz2: 5:44am On Jul 19, 2011
macjive01:

free education,

all within two months

type okorocha in the search link and read the articles starting from is first day of gov. You will know how he is able to do such. cool
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by chima2011: 5:56am On Jul 19, 2011
Okorocha's performance: let's wait and see
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by Ikengawo: 7:55am On Jul 19, 2011
the money is there, it's not as if ohakim was building to the limit of his budget.
i'll guess that 40% of the average nigerian state budget goes to corruption and politics, so if you actually spend that 40% on the people you'll see what looks like miracles happen.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by dustydee: 8:46am On Jul 19, 2011
at a time when other states are shouting that they don't have enough money. I hope this is not a political gymnastic. kudos to you you Rochas
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by jafrano(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2011
ikiri (ohakim) has come and gone, he did nothing in his first tenure only to tel us he wants to do more in d second tenure. Could it be d humiliation of priests, arrogance, pride or d deceptive dance wit d free windz musician of vote ohakim. Its a true instance of God resisting d proud and givin grace to d humble. Owelle Rochas is on a rescue mission and God wil always be with him to restore d lost glories of Imo and put smiles on d faces of Imo lites. I'm not a politician, just airing my views.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by houvest: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2011
God Bless RAO
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by DaDoctor: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2011
**walks in singing***
onwere ihe mere mu ji tunyere ROCHAS OOOO, NA APUGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
ROCHAS O, ROCHAS O!!!! APGA, APGA!!!
ONWERE IHE OMERE MU JI TUNYERE ROCHAS O!!! NA APUGA!!!!

**Still singing even as he closes the thread***
now whistling the song
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by nkemluv4me: 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2011
Okorocha has invested in money bank, that it is why his money ocean can't get dry.
How i wish other governors and our president will emulate him.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by chimaike: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2011
Okorocha i am so proud of you, even if all Nigerians refuse to vote for you during your presidential race, please be sure that my vote would be for you.

I respect you so much Owelle, a leader that has love for his people.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by kasiem(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2011
Keep moving and haters will keep murmuring
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by stagger: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2011
macjive01:

free education,

all within two months

If you have a friend in any of the intelligence agencies, ask that person to tell you how much governors receive as security vote, which by the existing laws, they get to spend AT THEIR DISCRETION, OUTSIDE THE BUDGET.

Then you will have cause to marvel at how wicked state governors cannot do even the simple basics for their people, but prefer to channel the security votes into their personal pockets.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by Hardeyorlah(f): 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2011
May God provide 4 him so dat he will pay us (corps member).
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by sley4life(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2011
so splendid. Im proud of this dude. He shouldnt relent on his effort. If I was Rochas I would send a panel of inquiry to try Ikedi Ohakim aka ikiri(bush animal).If found guilty he should be sent to jail or han.ged.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by Gift4all(m): 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2011
macjive01:

free education,

all within two months

You are underestimating the resources we have in this country. Rochas is using part of his security votes for these good works. There is so much money that if our leaders want to work for the people, we will all be happy.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by Dizzybizzy: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
Rochas for President 2015
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by chuckdee4(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2011
henry101:

By CHIDI NKWOPARA
OWERRI—No fewer than 12 pensioners collapsed, yesterday, at the Dan Anyiam Stadium Complex, Owerri, Imo State, during a meeting with Governor Rochas Okorocha.

The collapsed pensioners were, however, revived by Red Cross officials and, thereafter, rushed to the hospital for more medical attention.

Pensioners from across the state were at the stadium to collect arrears of unpaid pension.

Special Assistant to the Governor on Print Media, Mr. Ebere Uzoukwa, told Vanguard, in a telephone interview, that “the senior citizens were paid on the spot, while those who could not make it to the stadium were asked to approach the sub-treasuries in their council areas.”

Earlier, Okorocha had told the pensioners that he was unhappy that the unpaid three-month arrears were inherited from the Achike Udenwa’s administration.

He said every July 18 will be celebrated as “Pensioners Day” in the state, promising that all outstanding pensions must be paid by his government.
Okorocha donated a bus to the state branch of Nigerian Union of Pensioners, NUP, and a car to the chairman of Imo NUP.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/12-pensioners-collapse-at-meeting-with-okorocha/

Have the pensioners been paid then?
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by onyezebros(m): 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
Keep moving and haters will keep murmuring :
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by EzeUche(m): 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2011
I am so very proud of Okorocha. This is one Igbo leader that I would support. We need more like him in Igboland.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by hallmark77: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2011
I am not Ibo but I like agile/dedicated leaders with clear vissions.This guy has a vission to reduce burden of his people and he is doing it.Keep it up and may God be with you!
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by apoti(m): 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2011
chuckdee4:

Have the pensioners been paid then?

Cant you read
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by MeGaStReEt: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2011
and Adam Oshiomole is busy impregnating university students
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by hackney(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2011
apoti:

Cant you read

hahahahahahahaha.

anyway. .
The Deeds of a good governor always shows how useless the last one was.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by Eziachi: 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2011
macjive01:

free education,

all within two months

If you cut out many unnecessary expense, trimmed down number of meaningless ministries/parastatals and their commissioners, get rid of ghost workers, spend more time at home than running around Abuja, you will be amazed how much money available.
This same cash paid out will go back into the economy as the recipient spend it within the same economy. Its not NASA science
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by hackney(m): 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2011
why would anybody owe old people anyway?

despite the pensions being not so great, they are still owed.
odikwa egwu.

The guv'nor must have got the money from cancelling all those recurring iwuanyawu useless road contracts that run into
billions.

Welldone to him ; much better than evans enwerem that built glass houses for all his relatives in his village compound.
with that giant (but empty)olympic size pool in front of his house and 'some' tennis courts behind.

Kudos to okorocha.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by odumchi: 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2011
I wish our governor in Abia State could be more like him

Biko bia nyere anyi aka ooo
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by eros(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2011
Great job Sir.
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by HighChief4(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2011
odumchi:

I wish our governor in Abia State could be more like him

Biko bia nyere anyi aka ooo

You guys should do it yourself, I was surprised when I heard he won the election again. Just get a good APGA candidate and Orji will be out. I have you guys in my prayers
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by kasiem(m): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

and Adam Oshiomole is busy impregnating university students
and aregbesola is busy running to senegal to reinforce his charms. Lol
Re: 12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! by malaria(f): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2011
@macjiv or wtever ur name is-enemy of progress.buy ur own car mbah.rejoice wit dose dat have mbah.wetin b ur own.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) / Umuigbo Thread / Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.