Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? (1125 Views)

I Don't Have A Close Relationship With My Younger Sister. / DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / Brother And Sister Caught Pants Down On Tape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 19, 2011
since i got dumped 2years back, i've shifted by attension to my mum and my only sister. Its nt like i dont giv dem attension b4, but now, anytime i'm lonely, i call them and chat wit wit them maybe to fill up d vacuum my ex has created, my question now is- is dis a normal thing? Shud i continue or stop?
Re: Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 19, 2011
Very Normal if you ask me! I mean, thank God you have people that will always listen to you when you cry! Most people are not that fortunate! smiley
Re: Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2011
guy i gbadun u wella. U correct!
Re: Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by kpolli(m): 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2011
2yrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . . . . . thats not normal dude
Re: Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by Goldieluks: 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2011
2 years,not too bad,but everything gotta have a limit>boundary.
Re: Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by iice(f): 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2011
Takes me a while to connect dotted lines between siblings.
Maybe because my brothers and I are very tight, it's hard for me to grasp that other people don't have that kind of relationship with their siblings.
Anyway, now you prolly get to learn things about your sis and mom you never knew. . .
Re: Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by eddy1977(m): 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
Where is your father?

try to stick around men in your family. as a man you need to develop character, and judging from your texts,i see a big red flag in your future.you are seeking comfort in women who pamper you after another woman broke your little dear heart. hummm. be a man,connect with other men and grow balls.
Re: Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by livedit(f): 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
Not at all since they ARE your family. Isn't that what family is for and it's only natural. Family is suppose to be supportive, lift you up, love you and be there for you. If you can't count on your own family, then who can you count on. I think it's great you have a good relationship with your family. That'll give you structure of what you will need once you do meet someone and start a family. Remember, that they are there to help build you on your way. Just try and make sure not to lose who you are as a person and as a man.
Re: Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by Sicherheit(m): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2011
eddy1977:

Where is your father?

try to stick around men in your family. as a man you need to develop character, and judging from your texts,i see a big red flag in your future.you are seeking comfort in women who pamper you after another woman broke your little dear heart. hummm. be a man,connect with other men and grow balls.

undecided
Re: Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? by SleekReek(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2011
since i got dumped 2years back, i've shifted by attension to my mum and my only sister. Its nt like i dont giv dem attension b4, but now, anytime i'm lonely, i call them and chat wit wit them maybe to fill up d vacuum my ex has created, my question now is- is dis a normal thing? Shud i continue or stop? [b][/b]

There is nothing wrong with being close to your mother and sister,but in your case what you are doing is not healthy. I did the same thing,as a man you must have a level of independence,, Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh, the bible says i'm not trying to preach but the leaving is something that actually takes time,you can't leave today and get married tomorrow it doesn't work that way,there has to be a sense of independence from your sibblings and parents. The key word is that you are using your closeness to your mum and sister to feel a vacuum,it would not work.As a man you need to be by yourself and sort out your issues,if not when you meet another babe she will suffer for the hurt another lady caused you.I know being dumped hurts and family companionship can be really helpful but you need to sort this out alone so you don't hamper your future,because as i don't want you to find out when you eventually find and want to marry someone you love or even be in another relationship,you may have a torrid time with your mum and sister,because insteading of leaving to cleave,you have been cleaving to them and they would not release you that easily and you will start feeling that they don't trust you to make the right decision.

So my advice slowly and wisely pull back,they will always be your family but what you are doing now is not Pyschologically healthy.

(1) (Reply)

Things And Words Your Lil Kids Use And Say That Make You Laugh. / Crazy Female Journalist Takes Off Her Clothes While Interviewing Mayor / How important is a woman's love to a man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.