Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel (2969 Views)

I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me / Someone Good With Bootstrap And Html And Css Needed For Urgent Project / Need Help With Excel Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:20am On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So first stuff, can you list out all possible options for Transaction type. (Transfer, Withdrawal, Fund Wallet, etc).
alright sir

Modified
Transaction types are
TRANSFER
WITHDRAWAL
AIRTIME
FUND_WALLET
FUND_TRANSFER
CARD_TRANSFER
BILL_PAYMENT
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:29am On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Also for column C (Status) are the values either completed or failed only?
yes sir, it can either be completed or failed

airsaylongcome:
Are there any other options there?
No sir

airsaylongcome:
Is there a charge when the transaction fails?
No charges on failed transactions sir.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

alright sir

I will be back to modify ths sir

There is a quick way to do it. Copy the entire Column A to a new worksheet. In that new Worksheet, select the entire column you copied then click on Data Menu (File, Home, Insert, Page Layout, Formulas, Data, Review, View, Help)

Click on Remove Duplicates. It will leave only Unique entries.

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:46am On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

There is a quick way to do it. Copy the entire Column A to a new worksheet. In that new Worksheet, select the entire column you copied then click on Data Menu (File, Home, Insert, Page Layout, Formulas, Data, Review, View, Help)

Click on Remove Duplicates. It will leave only Unique entries.

it is here sir

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 11:00am On Jun 05, 2022
Here you go

=IF(C2="Failed",0,IF(A2="Card_Transfer",IF(B2<19999.99,20+(B2*0.05),120),IF(A2="Withdrawal",IF(B2<19999.99,B2*0.05,100),IF(A2="Transfer",20,0))))

Type this in E2 and fill down.

In this formula, I have assumed the following

Column A: Transaction Type
Column B: Amount
Column C: Status
Column D: Charges
Column E: POS Charges

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Here you go

=IF(C2="Failed",0,IF(A2="Card_Transfer",IF(B2<19999.99,20+(B2*0.05),120),IF(A2="Withdrawal",IF(B2<19999.99,B2*0.05,100),IF(A2="Transfer",20,0))))

thanks so much sir.
let me post an image of the result, some of the result I think need to be checked sir

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 11:31am On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

thanks so much sir.
let me post an image of the result, some of the result I think need to be checked sir

Let me have another look at it. I see some errors

Okay I've seen the error. Look through the formula, I used 0.05 (5%) instead of 0.005 (0.5%). So replace every occurrence of 0.05 with 0.005
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:33am On Jun 05, 2022
this is what the formula looks like when I opened it

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:51am On Jun 05, 2022
omg it worked

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:58am On Jun 05, 2022
I knew I was not wrong when I referred to you as a wizard.
I don't know if I can ever stop thanking you or if I even deserve this from you, but I want to say thank you so much for this, I will never forget this sir. I really appreciate and I wish you would agree to be my mentor.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:
omg it worked

Happy to hear that.

But Ọmọ...is this the profit margin in Agency Banking! shocked

Your lowest profit is like 50%. I'm even seeing 95% gross profit!
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Happy to hear that.

But Ọmọ...is this the profit margin in Agency Banking! shocked

lols there is money in the business to be frank it is more of a game of numbers. if you don't make plenty of transactions daily, you may end up going home with just 2k grin grin

but here is my strategy, open as many outlets as my small money can (it is one of the reasons why I am looking for the easiest method of record-keeping) I currently have 5 locations and make a minimum of 20k daily from Monday to Saturday. somedays we make up to 50k from all locations combined and I don't have to be at all the locations. I just put people there to run it for me while I stay back at home and record everything dey do and we meet in the evening to do check and balance.

my only problem is it doesn't have a future. what happens if tomorrow another government comes and abolishes it? what will I do? I don't have any skills. By November, I will turn 30, I will let my fiance manage the business while I move to Lagos to enroll in HiTT so I can study data analysis.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Nostradamus1: 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Happy to hear that.
But Ọmọ...is this the profit margin in Agnecy Banking! shocked
I don finally catch u. Wetin be Agnecy?
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Here you go

thanks so much, boss.
coming to column D (the column that contains the charges I collect from customers, can we do an autofill for it? in the sense that if I put amount withdrawn or deposit, or card_transfer, or bill-payment, or airtime it automatically fills the column D (which is the charges I collect from customers)

For example, my charge for withdrawal of 5000 is 100. if I put 5000 can it automatically fill the charges column with 100 without me having to type it there myself? could that be possibly done?
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
Nostradamus1:

I don finally catch u. Wetin be Agnecy?

Lol! I never ever said I was above mistake and I'm happy you found one. My issue has always been incorrect use of words and spelling. Anyone looking at "Agnecy" will know it's a typo. I also often incorrectly spell "the" as "teh". But "Are my to let them go?" is anything but a typo. Good point your pointed my incorrect spelling.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

thanks so much, boss.
coming to column D (the column that contains the charges I collect from customers, can we do an autofill for it? in the sense that if I put amount withdrawn or deposit, or card_transfer, or bill-payment, or airtime it automatically fills the column D (which is the charges I collect from customers)

For example, my charge for withdrawal of 5000 is 100. if I put 5000 can it automatically fill the charges column with 100 without me having to type it there myself? could that be possibly done?

Sure. Do you charge only for withdrawals? Are you here any charges for the other transaction types?

For withdrawal I know the bands are

₦1.00-₦5,000.99= ₦100.00
₦5,001-₦10,000.99 = ₦200.00

Are there any other bands?
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:51pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Sure. Do you charge only for withdrawals? Are you here any charges for the other transaction types?

For withdrawal I know the bands are

₦1.00-₦5,000.99= ₦100.00
₦5,001-₦10,000.99 = ₦200.00

Are there any other bands?
let me put them in an excel sheet
Sir airsaylongcome I have MODIFIED it and added an image of what the charges for each transaction type looks like.

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2022
Sir Airsaylongcome we do not charge for failed transaction
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Nostradamus1: 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I never ever said I was above mistake and I'm happy you found one. My issue has always been incorrect use of words and spelling. Anyone looking at "Agnecy" will know it's a typo. I also often incorrectly spell "the" as "teh". But "Are my to let them go?" is anything but a typo. Good point your pointed my incorrect spelling.
Definitely a typo but allow me win this one.
Na grammarnazi be next.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

let me put them in an excel sheet
Sir airsaylongcome I have MODIFIED it and added an image of what the charges for each transaction type looks like.

Looking at the spreadsheet, are you saying if I withdraw say ₦8,500 your charge is ₦100?
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2022
Nostradamus1:

Definitely a typo but allow me win this one.
Na grammarnazi be next.

Hahaha! You win!!
Just means I have to "Waka" with sense on these Nairaland streets... As I dey knack people head, people dey wait to busrt my own
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by kennethfranc(m): 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Hahaha! You win!!
Just means I have to "Waka" with sense on these Nairaland streets... As I dey knack people head, people dey wait to busrt my own
grin
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2022
kennethfranc:

grin

grin grin grin grin grin

I am done. I used to type normal o. Until you came along. And yes, I double checked this before posting.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Looking at the spreadsheet, are you saying if I withdraw say ₦8,500 your charge is ₦100?
YES. Even if you withdraw 10,000, we will take 100 naira from you
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by BRATISLAVA: 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I never ever said I was above mistake, and I'm happy you found one. My issue has always been the incorrect use of words and spelling. Anyone looking at "Agnecy" will know it's a typo. I also often incorrectly spell "the" as "teh". But "Are my to let them go?" is anything but a typo. Good point you pointed out my incorrect spelling.

Fuhrer!

These streets are hostile!

cheesy We are all fallible.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Fuhrer!

These streets are hostile!

cheesy We are all fallible.

As in... This one caught me "offside". Sniper fire everywhere. With laser guided bullets as soon as target is locked.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

YES. Even if you withdraw 10,000, we will take 100 naira from you

So I'm looking at a withdrawal of ₦25k. Why is the charge you put ₦100 when given your description of ₦100 for every ₦10k there's a ₦100 charge. Should it not be
₦10,000 - ₦100
₦10,000 - ₦100
₦ 5,000 - ₦100

Should give
₦25,000 - ₦300

Or am I wrong?

(In other news, we dey roast for this Lagos. People charge ₦100 for every ₦5k here)

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So I'm looking at a withdrawal of ₦25k. Why is the charge you put ₦100 when given your description of ₦100 for every ₦10k there's a ₦100 charge. Should it not be
₦10,000 - ₦100
₦10,000 - ₦100
₦ 5,000 - ₦100

Should give
₦25,000 - ₦300

Or am I wrong?

You are absolutely correct sir!!!

in fact, N20,001 is N300 while N20,000 is N200

airsaylongcome:
(In other news, we dey roast for this Lagos. People charge ₦100 for every ₦5k here)

na hin be say first thing I'd do once I get to Lagos by November na to open POS outlet before heading to HiiT be that grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

You are absolutely correct sir!!!

in fact, N20,001 is N300 while N20,000 is N200

In D2,
=IF(OR(C2="Failed",A2="Airtime"wink,0,IF(C2="Bill_Payment",IF(B2<=10000,100,200),IF(C2="Card_Transfer",ROUNDUP(IMDIV(B2,10000),0)*200,ROUNDUP(IMDIV(B2,10000),0)*100)))

Emeskhalifa:

na hin be say first thing I'd do once I get to Lagos by November na to open POS outlet before heading to HiiT be that grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na to find correct location. And know say Lagos na jungle. I know location wey like Four Agency Banks dey around within 2 metres of each other

Sorry to be putting your business analytics out here o, but the Gross profit margins I'm looking at, are phenomenal! Nobi here at all at all!
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

In D2,
=IF(OR(C2="Failed",A2="Airtime"wink,0,IF(C2="Bill_Payment",IF(B2<=10000,100,200),IF(C2="Card_Transfer",ROUNDUP(IMDIV(B2,10000),0)*200,ROUNDUP(IMDIV(B2,10000),0)*100)))

wow!!! and it worked just like magic SIR!!!
So this particular location made a profit of 2,253 naira on the first of JUNE 2022

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

wow!!! and it worked just like magic SIR!!!
So this particular location made a profit of 2,253 naira on the first of JUNE 2022

Interesting stuff. I'm really interested in these analysis.

Quick one. Don't put the date like you have put in that spreadsheet. It can make analysis difficult in future. Instead, Create a column called Date and enter the Date there for each transaction/row.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Na to find correct location. And know say Lagos na jungle. I know location wey like Four Agency Banks dey around within 2 metres of each other
lolz it is everywhere. even here POS are just scattered around cheesy cheesy like I said boss, na game of numbers remain wey all of us wey dey do the business dey do now grin grin

airsaylongcome:
Sorry to be putting your business analytics out here o, but the Gross profit margins I'm looking at, are phenomenal! Nobi here at all at all!

just like you helped me without knowing me, I do hope others will see this and learn from it.

thanks one more time, God bless you abundantly sir.

you sha no want make I link up with you sir cry you may have your reasons and I won't question that, I will keep your moniker at heart and will always seek for your help sir. also when I enter Lagos for my training, will notify you sir. Thank you very much sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Questions A Beginner Python Programmer Have / Gradle Problem In Android Studio / Learn How To Build A Realtime Chat Application With Django, Rabbitmq And Vue.js

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.