Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor (2038 Views)

Yahaya Bello Reveals Ahmed Usman Ododo As Preferred Successor / 2023: Tinubu Is My Preferred Successor - Buhari / Buhari: I won't mention the name of my Preferred Successor, he may Be Eliminated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by sharpden: 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has backtracked in his earlier decision of handpicking his preferred candidate who will succeed him in office when his tenure expires next year.

Before embarking on a state visit to Spain earlier in the week, Mr Buhari had appealed to state governors of the All Progressive Congress (APC) to support him in picking his would-be successor.

But on Saturday night while at a dinner with presidential hopefuls of the APC in Abuja, Mr Buhari, dumped the alternative, advising aspirants to prepare for the primary scheduled for next week Monday.

His decision comes moments after 11 Northern governors backed power shift to the South, advising him to follow suit.

The president who later backed power shift to the Southern part of the country during the gathering reportedly said the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) block of the ruling party during its merger in 2014 should produce the party’s presidential candidate.

The ACN camp has Bola Tinubu, former Lagos governor and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as top contenders.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/breaking-buhari-makes-u-turn-shelves-plan-to-pick-preferred-successor/

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Putinofrussia: 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by abiodunalabama: 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2022

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Putinofrussia: 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
No matter the permutations,Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria in 2023.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by deeptechcool(m): 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
Lol grin grin

Tinubu na man with BALLS.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by alsudan: 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
Buhari has not backtracked anything, instead he has already selected his preferred candidate.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hmmm �
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Freelancer2020(m): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
Buhari weh don anoint osinbajo tey-tey, dey there make trouser dey wear you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by CutieKing: 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2022
If this report is true,then its the most respectable thing to do because the stakes are very high and he doesn't want his name and legacy to be tarnished.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Anyiamaka: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2022
If Tinubu wins APC ticket, may Atiku win the general election if Peter Obi cannot win
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by inoki247: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2022
Abeg Goodluck no Cum again or he don become impotent

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Okwyjesus(m): 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2022
deeptechcool:
Lol grin grin

Tinubu na man with BALLS.

Well if Tinubu wins... Sorry for APC.

Don't trust northerners with politics
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by abiodunalabama: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
alsudan:
Buhari has not backtracked anything, instead he has already selected his preferred candidate.
u don’t want to wake up from ur dream

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Tangana: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
Yemi is coming

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Nigerialabalaba: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
Putinofrussia:
No matter the permutations,Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria in 2023.
Gbasibe Omo Ologo!

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by rayvelez(m): 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
Every Nigerians on look out for APCSHIT primaries.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Opolopoopolonio: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
Alsudan has gone to bed.

PaChukwudi44 should be watched closely lest he does the unthinkable.

What a long night for piggiddiootts

Osinbajo for the job

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by sogodihno: 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
Tinubu omo olodo Ide.

The fear of jagaban is the beginning of wisdom for them.

I waiting for the tears of our dear 5%. Inconsequential people.

This news sweet my belle grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by mymadam(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
inoki247:
Abeg Goodluck no Cum again or he don become impotent

grin Baad guy

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Opolopoopolonio: 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
Anyiamaka:
If Tinubu wins APC ticket, may Atiku win the general election if Peter Obi cannot win

I knew it will come to this.

Piggiddiootts would rather vote Atiku than Obi who definitely CANNOT win

Osinbajo for the job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by emexc11(m): 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
I respect APC for maintaining the power rotation.
R. I. P PDP!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Okoroawusa: 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
Some people don begin dey change mouth

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Putinofrussia: 11:24pm On Jun 04, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Gbasibe Omo Ologo!
grin
I am so happy.
I have never met Tinubu before but have heard a lot of good things about him.
He will become the president of Nigeria in 2023.
He has the midas touch.
I pray to meet him when he becomes the president in 2023.Amen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Minime10(f): 11:24pm On Jun 04, 2022
Wetin come happen to buhari'z anointing jar So upon all the turbaning ameachi no still get de oil grin
even star boy too grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Putinofrussia: 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
Anyiamaka:

Atiku keh?
Atiku will be muddled in the mud by Tinubu.
Tinubu will beat Atiku landslidingly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by deeptechcool(m): 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
Okwyjesus:

It's actually not about winning, it's about standing abd demanding for your right. He singlehandedly fought the southern battle in APC .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Indispensable85(m): 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2022
sharpden:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/breaking-buhari-makes-u-turn-shelves-plan-to-pick-preferred-successor/

But on Saturday night while at a dinner with presidential hopefuls of the APC in Abuja, Mr Buhari, dumped the alternative, advising aspirants to prepare for the primary scheduled for next week Monday.

Case closed

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Indispensable85(m): 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
alsudan:

Eyaaaaaaaaa...... sorry oooooo

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Okwyjesus(m): 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
deeptechcool:

It's actually not about winning, it's about standing abd demanding for your right. He singlehandedly fought the southern battle in APC .

If he wins on this then his cap should replace Buhari image/picture in offices.
I will give it to Tinubu on this....

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Masterito(m): 11:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
You guys won't stop this empty boasting to give him a better chance.
abiodunalabama:
Fear of Tinubu is beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Proudlyomonna: 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
Okwyjesus:

The matter just be like double wahala for Apc.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Makes U-turn, Dumps Plan To Pick Preferred Successor by Okwyjesus(m): 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

The matter just be like double wahala for Apc.

Yes they are afraid of Tinubu leaving. I don't think he will do more than Wike on Primary.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Igbos Get Rid Of IPOB Now, Before It's Late. / Obidients 10 Million March In Lagos ... Watch Out / Enugu Mega Rally Yesterday, So Excited I Dashed Out My Cap To One Army Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.