Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting (29171 Views)

Emefiele Gave His Campaign Vehicles To A Presidential Candidate After Failed Amb / Rating Presidential Candidate After Kadivest / Arewa Summit / Breaking: Akinlade Is New Ogun Apc Guber Candidate After Buhari's Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Johncuppa(m): 7:32am On Jun 05, 2022
dydx2020:
Osibanjo is the Next President of Nigeria.
Believe me
Bros, if this Osinbanjo no work, we're in for big disgrace.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by emilo2bad: 7:32am On Jun 05, 2022
[quote author=PaChukwudi44 post=113484354]
GEJ only won in 2011 because the three southern regions agreed to work together for the first time in Nigeria's history.

Osibanjo or Tinubu if at all they pick up the APC ticket will have to make do with the SW region alone[/quotes
so you now speak for south south and south east
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by MrFly(m): 7:34am On Jun 05, 2022
north and deception, the 10 governors supporting the south are playing on our intellegience, Yerima and Badaru have stepped down, next is Bello and Lawan will be d only Northern aspirant left, the south will slug it out among themselves while the northern delegates will vote for Lawan. Lest i forget, Akpabio might do a Kwankwaso. North and politics are like bread and akara
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by emilo2bad: 7:34am On Jun 05, 2022
PaChukwudi44:
Peter Obi will score more votes than the APC if the ticket is given to Tinubu or osibanjo.Congratulations are in order for Atiku already
did you wake up from wrong side of your bed
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Abassmt: 7:39am On Jun 05, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

GEJ only won in 2011 because the three southern regions agreed to work together for the first time in Nigeria's history.

Osibanjo or Tinubu if at all they pick up the APC ticket will have to make do with the SW region alone
Osinbajo as candidate will win S,west and some state in S, south south like Edo, Delta and even Bayelsa.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Johncuppa(m): 7:41am On Jun 05, 2022
vicdom:

Broh, it's too early to conclude. Tinubu I know would want to go for Muslim-Muslim ticket and it will cost APC victory. As things are now, he stands at the better chance of clinching the ticket. All the odds might be against Tinubu. Atiku will beat Tinubu hads down. Just watch out, unless Osibanjo gets the ticket.
Funny comment so far.
So you think Muslim Muslim ticket will work in this present Nigeria.
Something that Buhari rejected in 2015 you are rooting for.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by wasiudvd(m): 7:41am On Jun 05, 2022
emilo2bad:

did you wake up from wrong side of your bed
Person wey dey ment.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:42am On Jun 05, 2022
zionstaar75:
if you honestly believe amaechi has a chance then you're politically naive,even rivers delegates won't vote for him
No Rivers delegates will vote for Tinubu
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Abassmt: 7:43am On Jun 05, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
What we should know is that the northern will support their own regardless... their strength lies in their unity n loyalty unlike the other regions that’s full of greed, selfishness and quest for power. The only strong hold that can contest Atiku from APC as it stands now is if they have hidden agenda like unveiling Jonathan... else the contest will be between Atiku and Peter Obi of Labour Party .
Are you a comedian are you for real.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by joyandfaith: 7:46am On Jun 05, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:
The problem with people is that they focus on their sentiment, instead of the bigger picture. It's all happening again. They did same thing to get Buhari to office, now they are at it again.

Is it that this is a new generation of Nairalanders or the old ones never actually grew?? How can you continue being a bigot and irrational hater for decades?? Yes, you people from the waste need to grow up!!!
You have not said anything meaningful.!
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by anochuko01(m): 7:49am On Jun 05, 2022
Mosesvic11:
yes you are right but tinubu is a bad market for them, the hatred for that man is too much, if APC fail to see this, Atiku will emerge
You're very correct about tinubu.
Every possible calculation is against him.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Abassmt: 7:49am On Jun 05, 2022
onedayatime:

Eleyi to wa loke mi you kan blab lasan ni
Leave them to blab in peace for now,tiill after the primary when everything we clear in thier eye. You don't know they play politics with emotions that's thier problem.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by odogwu190(m): 7:50am On Jun 05, 2022
Fear north oooo... All this drama and you'll trust them, they'll vote atiku in so they'll remain in power... Make we d see
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Abassmt: 7:51am On Jun 05, 2022
Yadid:

I subscribe to your view. I said the same to some folks yesterday. If it turns out this way though, then Wike will have the last laugh in PDP.
Gbam, PDP has score own goal.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by londonzona: 7:53am On Jun 05, 2022
I thought Nigerians have learnt, during Endsars I cried, seeing what occurred, beehives of hungry citizens went to warehouses were food meant for eradicating of poverty were stockpiled and the made away with them..Now election is around the Conner d same hungry citizens are still going for the same crop of politician.We are curse or insane.Why not go beyond tribe or religion to elect someone.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Abassmt: 8:00am On Jun 05, 2022
vicdom:

Broh, it's too early to conclude. Tinubu I know would want to go for Muslim-Muslim ticket and it will cost APC victory. As things are now, he stands at the better chance of clinching the ticket. All the odds might be against Tinubu. Atiku will beat Tinubu hads down. Just watch out, unless Osibanjo gets the ticket.
I'm of this opinion too and I'm one person that like Tinubu so much. But I'm leaving in PH and I know the people here will want to go for Osinbajo ahaed of Atiku but I can't say the same thing about Tinubu in politics there is what you like and what is the fact.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by PericomaNwankwo: 8:01am On Jun 05, 2022
joyandfaith:

You have not said anything meaningful.!

A wise man once said nothing meaningful

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Alexaonfleek: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2022
I really wish they would give the ticket to a northern candidate...if given to a Southern candidate, Southern votes might be split and we would have atiku(godforbid) coming into power.
You have to give it to northern politicians sha, they really sabi this politics thing.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Linkwire: 8:07am On Jun 05, 2022
anochuko01:

This is what most people don't know. Candidates ride on the power of their party to win elections. Yaradua and Jonathan were unknown entities until their party endorsed them. Osibanjo is actually a likeable person across the country, including the North.

Very well said , if and only if it’s osibanjo . He’s the easiest to sell and will be widely accepted by the polity . Any other candidate will eat the dust against Atiku . There are too many controversies and distaste towards BAT and his emergence will split even the APC . The best permutation to topple Atiku’s move would be osibanjo as president and el-rufai as vice . Any other permutation will be quite difficult to sell or totally shambolic . So it comes down to how much the party wants to remain United and in power as against individual interests . But no matter the outcome , southern APC , especially the west will never remain the same again after this election .
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Adeyinka90: 8:17am On Jun 05, 2022
osibanjo for d ticket..thats wat God told me
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by chymeze: 8:21am On Jun 05, 2022
The president told them to pick their consensus candidate and present to him because he knows very well that in the end it's his own candidate that will be selected. Let's say his candidate is Amaechi for instance. If the contestants agree that Osinbajo should be the consensus, the president will secretly tell Amaechi never to agree to that. With that, Amaechi would not agree for Osinbajo as consensus. With such deadlock the president will now come in and say since they were unable to pick a consensus he would now have to do it himself. And so the president would now pick his choice Amaechi. On the other hand if the contestants pick Amaechi, it would still be a win for the president as his candidate would have been victorious. Either way, the president would win.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Nawttiboi007(m): 8:26am On Jun 05, 2022
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. He had his own perspective the truth is always bitter.. APC will have to pay their price for their gullible act 2015, Atiku or Peter Obi will emerge unless Jonathan is in their secret agenda take it or leave it
wasiudvd:

Person wey dey ment.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by tiswell(m): 8:27am On Jun 05, 2022
Penguin2:
I think Atiku is really not destined to rule Nigeria.

Because with the entire northern governors and critical northern stakeholders in APC, agreeing to zone the presidency to the south, they are going to campaign with that to their people and influence their votes to a great extent.

Now, if at the end, Osinbajo gets the ticket, like it’s looking like, then that’s the entire Southwest votes and considerable votes from other southern regions too since Osinbajo is an inspiring candidate.

PDP swam against the tide.

And what seemed to be a strategic masterstroke about a week ago, now looks like a grave mistake.

Take it from me that Atiku will not be president especially if Osinbajo gets the ticket.
don't be fooled,those northern governors will technically work for atiku.

North doesn't work against itself!
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Amumaigwe: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2022
Penguin2:
I think Atiku is really not destined to rule Nigeria.

Because with the entire northern governors and critical northern stakeholders in APC, agreeing to zone the presidency to the south, they are going to campaign with that to their people and influence their votes to a great extent.

Now, if at the end, Osinbajo gets the ticket, like it’s looking like, then that’s the entire Southwest votes and considerable votes from other southern regions too since Osinbajo is an inspiring candidate.

PDP swam against the tide.

And what seemed to be a strategic masterstroke about a week ago, now looks like a grave mistake.

Take it from me that Atiku will not be president especially if Osinbajo gets the ticket.

You really don't know the North. They always vote their own and they will never stop. Now that you are even contemplating a southern Christian flying the APC presidential flag, coupled with the sharp ethnic and religious divisions is the country right now, tell me what the Northern APC leaders will tell Northern voters to counter what Northern PDP leaders will sell to them about Atiku. This smells like a grand design by the Northern Oligarchs to retain power through alternative means (Atiku) . For them, there is no PDP or APC at the federal level. It is just Northern Interest.

NB: They may even already have their eyes on 2031 election so that they will justify zoning it to the North then.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by moneyissweet(m): 8:37am On Jun 05, 2022
And Dem no fit produce one of Dem to the president.

Stop giving yourself empty hope

IamWonderful:
It is now between Tinubu and Osinbaba
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by ibrahimsalam: 8:43am On Jun 05, 2022
Moferere:

Peter Obi that will be dragging 4th position with Kwankwaso grin
atleast you guys are now scoring him 4th. Before you people were saying obi will not get to 10th position but it is getting clearer now ,even here in the north obi is making wave
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2022
The same way you have Yoruba's that speak and hear Hausa fluently is the same way they are Hausa's that hear and speak Yoruba fluently. Someone has be jaboing for a while now, he can't draw the line between playing politics and trashing people's reputations.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Echoban: 8:47am On Jun 05, 2022
PaChukwudi44:
Peter Obi will score more votes than the APC if the ticket is given to Tinubu or osibanjo.Congratulations are in order for Atiku already

U go try dey serious for once now uncle. No b everything b jab upon jab. From jab of GEJ to Anointing to Power remain North to Tinubu blackmailing uv been loosing sanity on this forum. Baba u rest or take ur vomit and communicate reality for once.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by adanny01(m): 8:48am On Jun 05, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Osibanjo or Tinubu if at all they pick up the APC ticket will have to make do with the SW region alone

And the NC including all Christians in the NW and NE. Don't forget that Christians in 12 Northern states paid the price with their lives.

It was a religious election and the only one of its kind.
Re: APC Presidential Aspirants’ Fails To Produce Consensus Candidate After Meeting by Penguin2: 9:08am On Jun 05, 2022
anochuko01:

This is what most people don't know. Candidates ride on the power of their party to win elections. Yaradua and Jonathan were unknown entities until their party endorsed them. Osibanjo is actually a likeable person across the country, including the North.

I don’t think there’s any region that has anything against Osinbajo.

I hate APC but I don’t mind them retaining the presidency through Osinbajo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Commissions Oba Sekumade Concrere Road In Ikorodu / To Say That Lawal Daura Was Working For Saraki Today Doesn't Add Up / Abdulmumin Jibrin Looking Exhausted During The Apc Primaries In Bebeji-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.