Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Testimonies Of Ex Cult Leaders Who Left Cultism For Christ In The University - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies Of Ex Cult Leaders Who Left Cultism For Christ In The University (586 Views)

The Lords Chosen: Ex Cult Member, Robber, Drug Addict, Surrender To Jesus / Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimonies Of Ex Cult Leaders Who Left Cultism For Christ In The University by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:56am On Jun 05, 2022
Testimonies Of Ex-Cult Leaders Who Left Cultism For Christ In The University

Although i have never belong to any cult in my entire life, I've had many friends who were cultists or once cultists.

Two of them were former cult leaders who renounced cultism to follow Christ while yet in school.

One was a black Aixe leader in ABSU, while the other was a Vikings number 1, in another university in the South-south region.

Both of them I only got to know after they had renounced cultism.

Note: These are not testimonies of how they renounced and came to Christ, but what God did for them after they became Christians.

The first one, the ex-aixe leader, after renouncing cultism, had gone armless with some fellow members of "thunderbolt" (a campus fellowship he'd joined afterwards) to raid a place cultists were meeting, having know their tracks, some of them being former cultists themselves.

When they got there, the cultists were unsettled and confused, as they never saw them coming.

One of them raised a matchet to hit my friend on the head, but all of a sudden, his hand hung on the air with the cutlass, he couldn't bring it down. That's how my friend and his fellows were able to make it out of that place alive.

That was not how the story ended though, as shortly after that incident, the cultist who tried to hit my friend with the cutlass came back looking for him to renounced cultism and accepted Christ.

He said it was that particular incident where he couldn't bring down his hands that moved him to renounce cultism and come to Christ.

God bless.
Re: Testimonies Of Ex Cult Leaders Who Left Cultism For Christ In The University by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:56am On Jun 05, 2022
The second one who was a former Vikings number 1 had left cultism for Christ also while in the university.

We used to be members of the same choir then, when he shared with me some of his experiences as a cultist. He was the one who first told me about cultists' evangelism and how they used to go and win members for their cult, after I expressed my reservations for evangelism when I was just a church goer and not a true Christian.

Now he had left the university he was a cultist after he renounced in four hundred level and joined another as a fresher for reasons best known to him.

Then he joined "thunderbolt" which seemed to be the fellowship that most ex-cultists love to belong to because of its daring and confrontational nature, especially to cultists and cultism, which gives them an opportunity to channel the passion they used for cultism, into serving God instead.

Now when he had almost graduated from the school he started as a fresher after he renounced, his brother had just joined the school as a fresher.

But on the day of his brother's matriculation, cultists raided their hostel as they often did on matriculation days to promote themselves and their cult to the freshers.

Unfortunately his brother who had just joined him somehow found himself to be the target of a well-known cult leader in the school. But my friend who knew him very well having been in the school for a much longer period, told him to leave the boy alone.

However the cult leader wouldn't listen and pointed a gun at his brother, and tried to shoot him.

He pulled the trigger the first time, but the gun refused to shoot. He pulled it the second time, the gun still refused to respond. He looked at the gun in bewilderment, wondering what had gone wrong with his gun, and left shortly in shock.

That's how God saved the day and turned a very dangerous situation which would have led to a devastating tragedy into a moment of testimony for my friend.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of Ex Cult Leaders Who Left Cultism For Christ In The University by money121(m): 8:42am On Jun 05, 2022
Ok
Re: Testimonies Of Ex Cult Leaders Who Left Cultism For Christ In The University by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2022
Let me also use this opportunity to share a testimony, though not of former cult leaders turned Christians, but also involving a clash between Christians and cultists within campus.

Now there was a group of campus fellowship leaders who were just returning from a meeting late at night.

They were four in number and while walking down to their rooms after they had finished the meeting. But on their way, they began to sense a whole lot of drama going on ahead of them. They observed that it was some cultists who were gyrating or whatever they were doing on the road. This cause a sense of apprehension among those students who were also returning to their hostel at that time, it made them to take cover and seek somewhere to hide for the time being, until they were through, so they are not attacked by the cultists.

However when these four fellowship leaders saw the scene, they decided not to stop because of the cultists, but to continue with their movement.

But as they approached close to where the cultist were, one of the cultist raised hand and forcefully placed on the shoulders of one the fellowship leaders, to challenge them for daring them the cultists when they were holding their procession.

But after he did that, the guy he held, rebuked him in the name of Jesus. And the cultist who held him immediately shouted as and began to beg him for forgiveness that he was sorry.

So after that, they continued to move forward and no other one could dare touch any one of them again or even come near them.

That gave some of the students who had taken cover some courage to come out from where their hiding place and started following them from behind.

So that day, the four fellowship leaders became like their heroes who saved the day, lol!

God bless.
Re: Testimonies Of Ex Cult Leaders Who Left Cultism For Christ In The University by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:52am On Feb 05, 2023
Glory to God.

(1) (Reply)

Modernisation Of Witchcraft By Stephanie Ike Okafor / Why We Dont Speak In Tongues In Deeper Life - Pst Kumuyi (video) / For God So Loved The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.