Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District (11486 Views)

Francis Alimikhena Dumps APC, Withdraws From Senatorial Race / APC Adopts Direct Primaries For Edo Governorship Election Candidate / APC Shifts Governorship Primaries For Lagos, Enugu And Adamawa States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by frog12: 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2022
hope he beats oshio-OLE !!
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by frog12: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2022
i agree. i think we should go for peter obi. the wrestling in apc is not good for us.

WideMouth333:
Peter Obi is not like our regular politicians, he is being motivated by well meaning Nigerians, as an Anambra state governor, he only awarded contract to the qualified contractors irrespective of your state of origin. As long as you are competent, he is good to go. He is for the masses and not for the fellow politicians, hence other politicians are beefing him because they don't see themselves getting anything from him if he wins.
The masses is his strength, to him, it's not all about Igbo presidency but about Nigeria becoming a great nation.
He is the only person that can win and you will be rest assured that he won't have too much baggages. He has an international support. To be the chairman of Nigeria governors forum from a party like Apga tells alot about him
There are many other presidential aspirant from south east but none is good as Peter Obi. They are all criminal. Rochas was elected under the platform of Apga because of how Peter Obi projected Apga in the south east then.....
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Indispensable85(m): 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
garfield1:

Fergie001 is right too.let ugbome go to court for now.my own is why didnt they reschedule the entire primary

He doesn't have to.
Let's wait and see who's name will fly. The cases in the court covers this already. Once SC confirms Dan orbih adhoc delegates as the authentic, it's over.
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2022
Indispensable85:

You don't get it. Because of the foundation of this issue, INEC has only be monitoring primaries held by orbih's faction because that's the adhoc delegates list they have and monitored. What obaseki's faction has is list drawn from government house which INEC did not monitor or know about. They wanted to use the governor influence to submit it to the NWC but orbih got a judgement against the move and was obeyed by the NWC.

Do you know that INEC didn't monitor what you're even calling a primary now? They were not there.

By the way the orbih's faction has two judgement in their favour not injuction. One from fhc abuja and the appeal court Benin division.
Wrong, I'm a player in Benin.
Who told you INEC didn't monitor the primaries of Obaseki's faction? Some of you only repeat what has gained traction. The NWC, Aziegbemi and GO have been in league since day one. Imagine whose invite INEC will respond to first? In any case, INEC can monitor parallel elections of the same party, that's not even an issue. So, stop the delusion that only Orbih's faction had that privilege, at least I was at ogbe stadium during Edo South primary, and INEC was represented.

Also, the court of appeal judgement failed to declare Orbih's delegates, they were careful not to usurp the powers of NWC. They only held that they were validly elected since INEC monitored it. That's hardly a victory cos the other faction could still get same judgement if they approach the court on same issue. That's why Orbih's faction didn't celebrate, that section was a big loss.

Lastly, Edo PDP is done for, either way. The party will never remain the same again. They squandered the goodwill Edo people gave them because of ego. To supporters of both factions, know this and know peace: There will be no winners. A second term governor is not someone you trifle with. For him to be humiliated he wil rather destroy PDP structure and handover the state to a worthy opposition.

#I'm not a registered member of any party.

1 Like

Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by fergie001: 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2022
zenius:

Who told you INEC didn't monitor the primaries of Obaseki's faction? Some of you only repeat what has gained traction. The NWC, Aziegbemi and GO have been in league since day one. Imagine whose invite INEC will respond to first? In any case, INEC can monitor parallel elections of the same party, that's not even an issue. So, stop the delusion that only Orbih's faction had that privilege, at least I was at ogbe stadium during Edo South primary, and INEC was represented.

Also, the court of appeal judgement failed to declare Orbih's delegates, they were careful not to usurp the powers of NWC. They only held that they were validly elected since INEC monitored it. That's hardly a victory cos the other faction could still get same judgement if they approach the court on same issue. That's why Orbih's faction didn't celebrate, that section was a big loss.

Lastly, Edo PDP is done for, either way. The party will never remain the same again. They squandered the goodwill Edo people gave them because of ego. To supporters of both factions, know this and know peace: There will be no winners. A second term governor is not someone you trifle with. For him to be humiliated he wil rather destroy PDP structure and handover the state to a worthy opposition.

garfield1
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by fergie001: 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2022
Indispensable85 garfield1... You know me I will bare all the facts and let you decide.

30 April : Ward Delegates Election (factional). PDP electoral panel led by Kingsley Emu submits list in favour of Obaseki, INEC sides with Orbih faction.

06 May: FHC Abuja - ex-parte in favour of the Orbih group (Pix 1, 2)

10 May: NWC agrees to use Statutory Delegates due to division, with the intention that PMB will sign the amended S84(cool.

18 May: Delegates loyal to Obaseki go to Court compelling them to affirm them as delegates. Edo High Court affirms Obaseki's delegates. (3,4)

Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by fergie001: 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2022
garfield1 indispensable85

25 May: Parties from Orbih faction who went to the FHC Abuja applied for leave of Court of Appeal since they were not parties, asking to challenge the Edo High Court Judgement of 18 May.

26 May: FHC Abuja affirms Orbih's faction as authentic delegates... Pix next slide (1,2)

INEC/Orbih list - pix (3), PDP (4)

Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by fergie001: 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2022
Garfield1, indispensable85

I have the full judgement

30 May: Court of Appeal sets aside High Court Judgement insisting that no Court can affirm delegates for any Party because it is the domestic affairs of the Party. The Court of Appeal insisted that since the issue of Party guidelines and Constitution wasn't contravened based on the Statements of the appellants, it is the Party's decision who the delegates should be. (Pix 1,2)

Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2022
FirstSon01:
So Oshimole really pushed this man out of the party.
Hope he wins with APC rigging machinery in that side.

It's good, it'll affect him too now.
He is no match for oshiomhole in Edo North. He will lose woefully. Who no Alimikhena if not for Oshiomhole
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2022
garfield1:

I think he's of orbih faction.alimikhena is a very ungrateful and useless fellow
He for obaseki. And he is not match for oshiomhole
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by garfield1: 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2022
fergie001:

garfield1

We are on the same page.a restraining order from fhc will settle every thing
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Bizibi(m): 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2022
Can he defeat oshiomole Oshiomole is no pushover.
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Ara21(f): 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
garfield1:

I think he's of orbih faction.alimikhena is a very ungrateful and useless fellow

Thank you, very useless and greedy man who do not care about the masses only about his pocket.
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Tomek09(m): 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2022
Edo, Ijaw and Urhobo names always difficult to pronounce. Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by damade16(m): 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
The youths don't care if you're Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or from other tribes, we ONLY care about competency. Until you find us someone more competent, we are choosing Peter Obi.
Atiku slave talking.....
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Indispensable85(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2022
zenius:

So why were delegates of your governor's faction not allowed to vote in the last convention? Tell us please. You don't know the implication of that decision. Do you?
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Indispensable85(m): 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
fergie001:
Garfield1, indispensable85

I have the full judgement

And the party did display the powers as said by the AC by recognizing Dan orbih faction at the convention.

30 May: Court of Appeal sets aside High Court Judgement insisting that no Court can affirm delegates for any Party because it is the domestic affairs of the Party. The Court of Appeal insisted that since the issue of Party guidelines and Constitution wasn't contravened based on the Statements of the appellants, it is the Party's decision who the delegates should be. (Pix 1,2)

Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by fergie001: 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
Indispensable85:
Should you now tell the Party how to use their delegates?

Don't worry, anybody aggrieved should go to Court otherwise the NWC will do what they want. It happened like that with Ayade, they continued favouring him but Jarugbe continued going to Court and got his judgement.
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Indispensable85(m): 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2022
fergie001:

Should you now tell the Party how to use their delegates?

Don't worry, anybody aggrieved should go to Court otherwise the NWC will do what they want. It happened like that with Ayade, they continued favouring him but Jarugbe continued going to Court and got his judgement.

Na dem sabi jooor. It'll end up like that of Andy uba. The both of them can't win oshiomhole in that district anyways.
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Deadlytruth(m): 1:01am On Jun 06, 2022
FirstSon01:

Oshimole really developed that region, while living all of Esan land to wallow.
Esanland where he dualized the Uromi township road and renovated hundreds of primary and secondary schools through his Red Roof Revolution program? If with all that, he abandoned Esanland, then what will the people of Owan and Akoko-Edo say?

1 Like

Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by FirstSon01: 7:16am On Jun 06, 2022
Deadlytruth:

Esanland where he dualized the Uromi township road and renovated hundreds of primary and secondary schools through his Red Roof Revolution program? If with all that, he abandoned Esanland, then what will the people of Owan and Akoko-Edo say?

He didn't dualize that road. It was done by Onolemenmen when he was minister of works during Jonathan's era.
Re: Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District by Abujaexpress: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2022
garfield1:

Are you ok? How do you reason? You forget that I posted that of alimikhena
Is said your source is not credible and reliable

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Economic Hardship: There Is A Slow Revolt Around The Country - Agbakoba / Boko Haram Kill 29 Villagers. Burn 200 Homes In Borno / Tension As PDP, APC Disagree On Security On Warri Waterways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.