Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State (70035 Views)

Gunmen Attack Church In Bayelsa, Kill Pregnant Woman, 3 Others / Masquerades Attack Church, Apostle Emmanuel Etim, City Of Living Grace Chapel / Xenophobia: #BokoHaramChallenge, South Africans Dress Up As Terrorists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by ASAPFERG: 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2022
Igbojew:
Oh you never read here that UGM killed Housas/Fulanis Soldiers and Police but Igbos security forces.Keep deceiving yourself if that will make you happy.Am sure that the husband of that female Army couple they beheaded in imo is am Igbo man ehhh.As for those primary school students they throw bomb in Sabon Gari they are not Igbo students but minority tribes in the North........I am that Igbojew the table shaker
they are igbo students
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by coputa(m): 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2022
JaredNormak:
I kid you not, aggrieved faction of Muslim members of Amotekun carried out this dastardly attack on innocent church goers.

As I'm talking to you now, the federal government of Nigeria is preparing to declare Amotekun officially a terror groups in the South Wasté.
Out of cowardice Islam penetated into the south/west and they were automatically divided:Yoruba christian and yoruba muslim,they never loved one another.one is fulani slave the other their enemy.

1 Like

Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by AllBlack: 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2022
adefitim:

I am not. I didn’t go church today bcuz I don’t feel like but my family went. They are backed now bcuz of the attack.

Sir are you in Owo?
If you are then i thank God your family came back. Wetin dey happen for this country seff?
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Chickensoup: 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
naija1stnigar:
as if we both are not being plagued by the same problem, they are shooting your neighbor and you are laughing while being sorrounded by the same people, will common sense not tell that you the next?
The south west also mock and laugh at the south east when death is involved. They say IPOB is killing their people so why should we care about the south west. We warned about such dangers but you all felt the south east are dumb and stupid. We were to work together against a common enemy but rather the south west laughed at us.

I hate the fact that people are being killed but the south west are playing the game of "one leg in one leg out" so until you guys are ready to really do something, this killings will stop in south west.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Pray4meJC(m): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
terrafella:
Even if God exists, I don't think he really cares about those who worship him. Many Christians claim that the holy spirit speaks to them. But he didn't warn any soul and he never instructed the pastor to send everyone home. They say he knows the end from the beginning but sat back and watched little kids die. Even I as a sinful human can't let such happen if I have the power to stop it. Does he still answer prayers? I am losing my faith in God.

Stop talking like this. We as Christians don't even know what we are doing. We play with sin hiding under the cover of God understand. Does God understand sin. Some foolish ones will say we are living in the era of grace. Grace in Jesus means the power to stop sinning and not to be sinning.

I tell you if there are 10 great pastors that teaches what you need to hear & not what you want to hear this country Nigeria will be a change place. Too many watered down doctrine. You think if churches were flowing with the power of the holy ghost, no terrorists will have the effrontary to attack God's people. They will be roasted while planning their evil. Thank God for this church I found in Benin City.

97% of churches in Nigeria have no holy ghost and everyone in that building is playing with their lives. It is an event centre and not a church. God forbid arm robbers attack there & gun you, people start mocking God. Your pastor or GO is guarded heavily by armed uniform men and yet common sense didn't tell you to flee such church. Christians must all return back to the old church burning with holy ghost fire, holiness and God's righteousness. Don't be deceived by miracles even the devil can heal but with great consequences waiting for you
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Awesometouch1: 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
turawaa:
I saw similar video but this is not bomb but gun shots of people inside church … the country is not safe again….

The country is not safe again?
Was it safe last year or the year before?
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Rexymania(m): 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
Hmmm what for cry

Typicool8:
Hope this is fake news please
I wasn't sure if it was real or not when I made this comment but after confirming and I saw videos, I couldn't hold the tears from dropping..
I think it's high time we Nigerians change the narrative and take laws into our hands to protect lives and properties. Now it is owo, who knows where's next..
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Fuckjesusandgod: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
You're correct brother, of what use is a God that can not ssve his people. Not his first time though.

Akanoaaa:
No more single reason to believe in the existence of God if those who did this go unpunished.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Bobbiee: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
GOD GIVETH AND TAKETH AWAY! IT IS ALL PART OF HIS WILL
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by okorogodwin4(m): 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2022
One Nigeria my foot the earlier we divide these contraption called najiria the better for us

1 Like

Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by TheOgaBoss: 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2022
1nigeriamyass:
WE MUST AVENGE THEIR DEATH & THAT MUST BE DONE NOW!

FAILURE TO AVENGE THEIR DEATH WILL MAKES THESE IDIOT COMES BACK FOR MORE ATTACKS

FLUSH OUT EVERY FULANI FROM OUR BUSHES, WE MUST USE EVERY FORCE TO SEND THEM OUT OF OUR LANDS

FG WILL DO NOTHING TO STOP THIS MADNESS

SMALL GHANA HAVE PUT AN END TO FULANI MADNESS & WE CAN DO THE SAME IF WE ARE READY FOR IT
who is going to.flush them out? The only Yoruba man who was bold enough to confront them, did he get any support from Yoruba leaders, he has been languishishing in Benin prison since last year and many of u have continued ur lives unconcerned.

1 Like

Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Newton2024: 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2022
adefitim:
Report reaching me said that there was an alleged Bomb blast in Catholic Church at Awaluwa and St. Andrew Church at Imola street Owo local government in Ondo state.

Full report later

https://www.arise.tv/nigeria-dozens-killed-as-terrorists-attack-church-during-service-in-ondo-state/amp/
Nigeria can never work but will continue to deteriorate until career politicians are ready for her balkanization. The earlier we realize this the better for us.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Tzar(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2022
You see why these Northern invaders riding okada in Lagos need to be kicked out?!
Yorubas need to put sentiments aside and do the needful!

1 Like

Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by nickyj19: 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2022
Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by naija1stnigar(m): 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2022
Chickensoup:

The south west also mock and laugh at the south east when death is involved. They say IPOB is killing their people so why should we care about the south west. We warned about such dangers but you all felt the south east are dumb and stupid. We were to work together against a common enemy but rather the south west laughed at us.

I hate the fact that people are being killed but the south west are playing the game of "one leg in one leg out" so until you guys are ready to really do something, this killings will stop in south west.
shey we southerners know how to laugh at one another na, let's continue while the well coordinated northerners continue thier mission but letsl remember that we and our family are not saved except we tskt the right approach.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by phazotron(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
J3susFr3ak:

Let me tell you something that happened to me last year. Before the Hausa-Fulani Muslims attacked the Christian village around the University of Jos last year....God showed me the bloody attack in a dream weeks before it took place. This was God sending alarms and warnings just as it is mentioned in the Bible: "He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they lie in their beds." Job 33:15

But many times, we allow the cares of this life and the deceitfulness of riches or "power" cloud our minds and judgments....then we become the very victims we were so trying to avoid.

Have faith. God does exist. He is VERY ACTIVE even in Nigeria right now.

I'm a (not perfect) Christian, but are you sure he's active in Nigeria? I think he has left us alone to deal with the issue. Nobody should say because we're sinners. Nobody is perfect. The children of Israel whom he fought for were not perfect. All of us may not be perfect, bit we have lots of fervent Christians down here. Our imperfections is not an excuse for God to abandon in this way. We have prayed and prayed. I'm extremely disappointed and disheartened. It's best we raise up our own militias. Afterall, God instructed the children of Israel to go against the Amalekites.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by TheOgaBoss: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
spiceadole:

A sleeping or dead savious.
Savior indeed

I stopped attending church some years ago and my life has been beautiful since then
so in ur deluded mind not going to church will keep u safe. These terrorist attack any and everyone stop deceiving urself that not going to church will keep u safe.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by adolfHitler1934: 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
Daum:
Na wa ooooo
That terrorist Prof of MURIC should be arrested immediately.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by J3susFr3ak: 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2022
terrafella:

But God is not a respecter of persons. He showed it to you only but let the rest die like chicken. And what did you do with the claimed revelation? To save yourself only??

I remember discussing the issue with my sister and raised that as a prayer point. Understand that the dream was so graphic and so shocking to me....I was still processing what it all could mean? Did it mean anything at all? Was it an ominous warning from a kind God? Even I as human was trying to use too much of my logic to process things....there was little I could do. I was not even in Jos at that time. But something evident from it all was that it could have been FAR FAR WORST had God not in His own power and might intervene in the whole situation.

So even without my full understanding prior and inability to do anything....God was able to reduce the human casualties all by Himself.
And there is something also "frightening" too about God we also do not understand. Like the quote from Ezekiel: "He said to him, “Walk through the streets of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of all who weep and sigh because of the detestable sins being committed in their city. Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, “Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all—old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin right here at the Temple. So they began by killing the seventy leaders. " Ezekiel 9: 4-5

He gives Evil enough room to shed blood....then at the time of His own choosing, He rises to act to execute absolute vengeance against Evil based on the humility and cries of His children. This is why you need to still have faith....trust Him.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by San2ski(m): 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2022
greggng:
May there souls rest in peace . I feel sorry for my igbo brothers and sisters cos Catholic is heir church ...There will be lots of tears in igbo land when the dead bodies are counted . The good news is those that killed them will one day die

THERE WON'T BE. TRUST ME cool
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by TheOgaBoss: 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2022
SKYHIGHfx:
This is what Sunday igboho is trying to avert but some fóol's said he's calling for war
I tell u bro, when the Yorubas leaders could not rally round that guy I lost every iota of respect for them.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by pquaver(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2022
1nigeriamyass:

FAILURE TO AVENGE THEIR DEATH WILL MAKES THESE IDIOT COMES BACK FOR MORE ATTACKS

FLUSH OUT EVERY FULANI FROM OUR BUSHES, WE MUST USE EVERY FORCE TO SEND THEM OUT OF OUR LANDS

SMALL GHANA HAVE PUT AN END TO FULANI MADNESS & WE CAN DO THE SAME IF WE ARE READY FOR IT

This is boko haram my brother open una eyes.. They are coming closer
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by tonexman18(m): 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2022
Amotekun fighting for Oduduwa republic
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by TheOgaBoss: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2022
virginchaser:
A clear result of paying 100million to free a priest. It encourages many more attacks. Avoid negotiating with kidnappers. My heart felt sympathy goes to the people of Owo and families of the maimed and abducted priests.
is it 100 million that prevented the security forces from responding? Such an attack must have taken several minutes to execute why was there no response from the security agencies? Besides how is such an attack possible in a semi urban location like that?
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by J3susFr3ak: 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2022
phazotron:

I'm a (not perfect) Christian, but are you sure he's active in Nigeria? I think he has left us alone to deal with the issue.

I doubt He has abandoned Nigeria. I don't know if you were alive during the whole Abacha era when there was this much uncertainty during the transition period. It was quite a mess....I could recall not seeing a single car on the road because of the persistent strikes...only people with bicycles were riding in the middle of the road. The core North politicians were boldly babbling on NTA news back then that "We are prepared for war!" The way God eventually resolved the thorny complicated issues then was nothing less than a miracle--resulting in Obasanjo. It proved this Scripture: "He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless." -- Isaiah 40:29

My only concern was that the Christian Presidents since 1999-- Obasanjo and GEJ-- did not do enough to massively restructure the security and political nature of the country in a way that would guarantee enduring security of Christian lives--even when power did eventually shift to the North.

Now, the Christian South (and even the Christian Middle Belt) seem to have forgotten that GOD gives POWER to the WEAK and strength the POWERLESS. The current effort to force power to Christian hands using massive amounts of money for delegates (that should have been used to help the poor in those states) or using the strong sentiments from ethnicity (the "it's our turn syndrome"wink --is certainly not the best strategy going forward.

The core North are forced to become a voting singularity because they fear they have the most to lose if they are no longer able to influence and control oil/gas revenues etc.,

There are just too many "egos" competing to outdo the other in the South and so cripple their ability to have a voting singularity and wield power back. I don't know if tragic events like this massacre will alert the same minds to be willing to humble their hearts and lower their egos in the interest for working for the greater collective good.

But it could have been a lot worst without God being active in the country for sure!
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Chickensoup: 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2022
naija1stnigar:
shey we southerners know how to laugh at one another na, let's continue while the well coordinated northerners continue thier mission but letsl remember that we and our family are not saved except we tskt the right approach.
We are trying to fight our own battle in the south east but the south west are afraid of being tagged terrorists so you keep quiet and wait for the south east to take all the blame. Protect yourself but the south west won't.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by phazotron(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2022
J3susFr3ak:

I doubt He has abandoned Nigeria. I don't know if you were alive during the whole Abacha era when there was this much uncertainty during the transition period. It was quite a mess....I could recall not seeing a single car on the road because of the persistent strikes...only people with bicycles were riding in the middle of the road. The core North politicians were boldly babbling on NTA news back then that "We are prepared for war!" The way God eventually resolved the thorny complicated issues then was nothing less than a miracle--resulting in Obasanjo. It proved this Scripture: "He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless." -- Isaiah 40:29

My only concern was that the Christian Presidents since 1999-- Obasanjo and GEJ-- did not do enough to massively restructure the security and political nature of the country in a way that would guarantee enduring security of Christian lives--even when power did eventually shift to the North.

Now, the Christian South (and even the Christian Middle Belt) seem to have forgotten that GOD gives POWER to the WEAK and strength the POWERLESS. The current effort to force power to Christian hands using massive amounts of money for delegates (that should have been used to help the poor in those states) or using the strong sentiments from ethnicity (the "it's our turn syndrome"wink --is certainly not the best strategy going forward.

The core North are forced to become a voting singularity because they fear they have the most to lose if they are no longer able to influence and control oil/gas revenues etc.,

There are just too many "egos" competing to outdo the other in the South and so cripple their ability to have a voting singularity and wield power back. I don't know if tragic events like this massacre will alert the same minds to be willing to humble their hearts and lower their egos in the interest for working for the greater collective good.

But it could have been a lot worst without God being active in the country for sure!

I'm a (not perfect) Christian, but are you sure he's active in Nigeria? I think he has left us alone to deal with the issue. Nobody should say because we're sinners. Nobody is perfect. The children of Israel whom he fought for were not perfect. All of us may not be perfect, bit we have lots of fervent Christians down here. Our imperfections is not an excuse for God to abandon in this way. We have prayed and prayed. I'm extremely disappointed and disheartened. It's best we raise up our own militias. Afterall, God instructed the children of Israel to go against the Amalekites.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Chickensoup: 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2022
Bobbiee:
GOD GIVETH AND TAKETH AWAY! IT IS ALL PART OF HIS WILL
That statement does not apply when being murdered. God expects us to work hard, fight for ourselves and God will do the rest. Christians always defended themselves while praying to God for assistance.

This generation are just cowards. Nothing more.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Walllee: 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2022
1nigeriamyass:

It's not Fulani,it's Omotekun
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Bigfish121(m): 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2022
The unnecessary killings going on in this country is making it cursed.
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by ImoleNaija: 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2022
Re: Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State by Chickensoup: 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
so in ur deluded mind not going to church will keep u safe. These terrorist attack any and everyone stop deceiving urself that not going to church will keep u safe.
There is difference between providing freedom for your people and providing protection for your people. Am saying this because God should at least protect his children in his temple that they all gathered to worship him. Some will thank God that they didn't go to the church that moment while others will be sad. It's not fair to pray and worship yet no protection in your own temple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Suspected Suicide Bomber Burnt Alive By Mob In Gombe (PIC) / How Sidechick 'Killed' Married Man, Stole Benz Jeep In Uyo / Edo Police Uncovers Ritualist Den With 20 Mummified Corpses (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.