Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,435 members, 7,954,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:07 AM

Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu (34472 Views)

Tinubu, Osinbajo And Governor Akeredolu Visit Scene Of Owo Church Attack / Atiku Condemns Owo Catholic Church Attack / Female Voter's Eye Plucked Out By Assailants In Kano After Elections. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by edungene7: 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
Tinubu should be asked why he brought in a terrorist out of selfish interest RIP to the dead the south has a common enemy the earlier they realize this the better
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by evictor305: 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
What a word of relieve, thank you very much. Hunt them down like you have been doing in the past. Audio mtcheeeeew
mighty2:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid026LME4HTGVLEu2rJjoxLQ8jVMp6mLqm2EpNtbFhuNRHm5CUxWBSUta3ECRV2SjfR5l&id=100044230756186&_rdr
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by AllBlack: 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2022
9jahotblog:
They must be arrested and brought to justice. Chaiiii this killings is much oooo.

Story. The ones that burnt Deborah in clear daylight and with cameras, where are they?

We are in horrible times where a whole state can get wiped out and nothing will be done to bring justice. It is that bad.
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Alexaonfleek: 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2022
OyinO:

More are dying in the churches and for the church sake in vain. Are you not aware that the Nigerian Christian OMNIPOTENT God is always absent wen needed most? Most of the mass killings take place in the churches, and insulting me from now till the Jesus of Nazareth comes will not deny that fact. Otondo
Nyanya bomblast took place in church
Endsars killings took place in church
Kaduna train attack took place in church
Dapchi girls kidnapping took place in church
Zamfara and kebbi massacres took place in church...should I list more for you?
If you like, keep heaping blames on the church, nothing will change the fact that the church doesn't owe you the security that your government does.
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by clinician2x: 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2022
BigDawsNet:

The only solution is to split

I just hope we do this without a war

Unfortunately you can split without a war. Not when there are key players and stakeholders like Britain. I only wish ojukwu succeeded in pulling us out.
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by honeywriter: 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
... They just want to scuttle this democracy as power shift to the south
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by temitope27(m): 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
BigDawsNet:

If we armed and draft atleast 50million yoruba citizen into a security platform team...

I believe we will be able to conquer them...

The ibos are doing pretty well right now sweeping fulani out of their homeland...

I guess yoruba needs to take up that action too...or else...

Lagos will be the only safe yoruba state to live
how could you draft 50 million yorubas to army? Are you saying including infant, Fulani is not conquering Yoruba land, so go and rest
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Igbojew: 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
See this most coward and talkative governor from South West doing what he knows how to do best which is chest beating and making mouth just to deceive his brainwashed Yoruba people as usual.This is how he make noise when he created Amatekun but when Fulani Herdsmen unleashed their killing spree in Ondo nobody heard his empty threat voice again.He thought this is his betrayal to South East Presidency he hide under Southern governors forum to champion Tinubu Presidency.......I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Tunji50: 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2022
WibusJaga:
This country is becoming worse than a zoo.
Nigerians on 2015 and 2019 election because of unintelligence and gullibility mind voted in these government
The responsibility should be bore
Lets vote for someone who care for humanity
Lets be an advocate of peace and betterment in 2023 election through our vote
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Tunji50: 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2022
robinso01:
Nigeria have lost it. This useless administration is the worst I've ever witnessed in my life. Buhari, peace will be faraway from you for all these wickedness perpetrate by your kinsmen.
Nigerians on 2015 and 2019 election because of unintelligence and gullibility mind voted in these government
The responsibility should be bore
Lets vote for someone who care for humanity
Lets be an advocate of peace and betterment in 2023 election through our vote
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Tzar(m): 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2022
You see why these Northern invaders riding okada in Lagos need to be kicked out?!
Yorubas need to put sentiments aside and do the needful!
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Igbojew: 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2022
evictor305:
What a word of relieve, thank you very much. Hunt them down like you have been doing in the past. Audio mtcheeeeew
Hahahaha I thought I am the only one that knows that Coward governor that calls himself Rotimi Akeredolu.I remember how he created Amatekun and beat his empty chest consistently then and Yorubas were cheering and clapping for him without knowing that he was just driving them around but when Fulani Herdsmen strike many times in his State Ondo nobody heard from him nor his Amatekun till today and watch how he and his Amatekun will make noise few days as usual to deceive gullible Yorubas...,....I am that Igbojew
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Nealson(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
From Kogi down to owo, hmm gradually these people are entering Yoruba land.... This is sad
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Chickensoup: 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2022
After one week, the whole news will die down and everyone will go back to their normal daily life like nothing happened. Am used to the country and all this evil. Nothing will change since we aren't serious about it.
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by 9jahotblog: 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2022
AllBlack:

Story. The ones that burnt Deborah in clear daylight and with cameras, where are they?

We are in horrible times where a whole state can get wiped out and nothing will be done to bring justice. It is that bad.
very bad.
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by MartinsD12(m): 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2022
mighty2:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid026LME4HTGVLEu2rJjoxLQ8jVMp6mLqm2EpNtbFhuNRHm5CUxWBSUta3ECRV2SjfR5l&id=100044230756186&_rdr
All over the country Nigeria christians are been Targeted from Deborah, southern Kaduna, all parts of the north, check this killings, now Ondo even in the east majority of killings here affects Christians, most of these killings are carried out why they feel it's safe to push responsibility to Ipob for their gullible followers to believe their trash , now I ask those people believing trash who is responsible for this Sunday massacre in Ondo catholic church
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by juman(m): 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2022
The governor is from owo.

I asked myself why the attack was in owo?
Why not in the capital or another town?

I believe the governor is capable of finding the criminals.
He would get them arrested.
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by ABANGWABOI(m): 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2022
Aketi pls match words with action..
Hunt and kill them all..

Rip to the victims..
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Opolopoopolonio: 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2022
lexy2014:

Is "Piggiddiooott amaka" your name? Why were u named that way at ur birth?

What are u watching and seeing? Is it dstv?

Balderdash!
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by EdwardRandy(m): 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2022
franchasofficia:
Why are most of you Yorubas hypocrites?

Check my comments on main moniker that got banned by a mod here, I have been saying it repeatedly that Yorubas of present day Nigeria are treading a dangerous path, leaving behind the good path their forefathers and fathers treaded which made Yorubas to always condemn injustice and remained fair and just towards others and this made Yoruba land to flourish and witness untold peace.

I warned modern day Yorubas that if they continue to support evil against Igbos and any other in the name of politics, that a time will come when nature on its own will bring same dangers and destructions Yorubas of today rejoice about when it happens to Igbos to Yoruba land. This is natural law not curse, and gradually its unfolding before our eyes.

Igbos have never hated Yorubas. Igbos have never rejoiced over Yoruba sorrows. Igbos have never joined forces with other tribes to fight or inflict pains on Yorubas yet Yorubas just hate Igbos for no justifiable reason and always rejoice when Igbo land or Igbos are burning, not knowing that there is a God that sees the heart of men and oversees the affairs of man.

Yorubas followed Northerners sheepishly to fight Igbos to force Igbos to join them back in their failed Nigeria. Why didn't Yorubas allow Igbos to go? Why didn't Awolowo advice Gowon to allow Igbos to go with their barren Southeast land? No they rather fought Igbos and forced Igbos to join back Nigeria.

In 1999, Igbos massively supported Obasanjo a Yoruba man to become President twice. After him, Igbos also supported Yaradua until he unfortunately died and Goodluck took over. The same Igbos supported Goodluck till the last minute and even won enemies from other Nigerians while trying to defend Goodluck.

Another Yoruba man became VP to Buhari going 8 years and now Yorubas are gathering again to become another President from the South after 8 years of Obasanjo a Yoruba man, and 8 years of Osinbajo as VP a Yoruba man, they just blank Igbos and don't even care or have any human feelings for Igbo people's marginalization and disastisfaction in Nigeria. And when Igbos speak against Yoruba producing next President after Buhari, Yorubas will term Igbo haters.

Please do you modern Yorubas have conscience at all?

Okay back to IPOB agitation. It is mostly Yorubas that always condemn and criticize Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB calling them IPIG, Ipork, this and that and Yorubas rejoiced and celebrated all over the media when Buhari sent soldiers to Southeast to go massacre unarmed IPOB protesters in the name of python dance, to them it was cool because Igbos are animals that deserve to be killed anytime.

But when Sunday Igboho started Yoruba nation agitation and dislodging of Fulani herdsmen from Yoruba forests, Igbos supported Igboho and his boys, even Nnamdi Kanu hailed Igboho but same Yorubas turned around to condemn Igbos and rather warned Igbos to stay away from supporting Igboho that they have nothing in common with Igbos, that Igbos should focus on their Biafra.

Igboho got arrested, Igbos condemned it and spoke against it. Nnamdi Kanu got arrested, Yorubas hailed Buhari and laughed Igbos and IPOB.

IPOB formed ESN to help dislodge Fulani herdsmen from Southeast forests, ESN were doing well, Yorubas kept condemning ESN calling them terrorists until useless Imo state Governor joined forces with Nigerian Army to send in both land and air force that started killing ESN members in the forests, even killed ESN leader, going house to house to massacre Igbo youths, even went to different higher institutions in Southeast to single out male students at night and killed them extrajudicially and dumped them at Owerri FMC which later pushed some of the dislodged ESN members into becoming hit and run gunmen targeting security personnel as retaliation for the extrajudicial killings of Igbo youths in SE which they tagged unknown gunmen. Instead of Yorubas to condemn the Nigerian army massacre of Igbos in SE, they rather mocked Igbos and called them terrorists like Boko Haram.

Gradually Nigerian army tried to replicate the UGM as a way of spoiling ESN goodwill and good name, thereby using their own created UGM to kill prominent Igbos and some unfortunate Igbos here and there in the same original UGM styled hit and run, Igbos kept telling the world that its not Igbos doing all those massacre in SE in the name of UGM, that its Fulani terrorists disguising as Igbos to paint ESN bad so IPOB and Igbos can disband ESN to enable Fulani herdsmen terrorists have a free entrance into SE to wipe out Igbos in SE but Yorubas will rather wave this aside and mock Igbos and call Igbos terrorists, cannibals killing their fellow Igbos even when Igbos keep screaming that its the handwork of Fulani herdsmen terrorists Yorubas refuse and mock Igbos.

Now the same thing just happened in Yoruba land and you hypocrites are already wailing and pointing your filthy hands at Igbos and calling Igbos Yoruba haters. Are you not one of those that always rejoice when Igbos are marginalized or killed or attacked?

Listen, nature is bigger than you and me and if you modern Yorubas refuse to change and embrace honesty, equity, fairness, the God of nature will give you guys back all the evil you wish and mock Igbos with.

You can bookmark this page.

Fulani herdsmen terrorists are the common enemy of us all but treachery, wickedness, selfishness, hatred for Igbos and your so called cunning politics you tag sophisticated politics will never allow you guys to work with Igbos for the common good and peace of all. Time till tell.
You spoke well. If only they will listen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Enwhen(m): 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2022
malakaimoscondo:
wating Muslims do una we una the blow mosque,?u think na only u Sabi ask questions

Where them blow mosque ?...All terrorists , bandits , Boko Haram , ISWAP, ISIS are Muslims
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Anny505(m): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
Please who knows where I can get a good gun in this country. Either legally or illegally please
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Spandau: 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
seunmsg:
I just finished watching some clips from the Owo massacre. It was so horrible to watch. There must be a strong and immediate response to this unprovoked killings.

Like there were "strong and immediate response" to previous attacks in other places in Nigeria. I foretold this. I warned you all about the impending unslaughts. This is just the beginning because this animals will strike again and again. Lagos won't be left out. When we were shouting Yoruba nation, 1nanjeriya folks were laughing. We hued and cried about the Fulani Agenda. You said no. Tell me, what justification these terrorists will have to carry out attacks in the SW if not that they are responding to signals from their handlers up north? Innocent children and adults were mowed down in a place of worship without provocation and you think we are not at war? Thousands of them are in the forests and metropolis, sleeper cells, all waiting for the final signals. Buhari is pretending not to be complicit. You are all victims of Fulani deception and divide and rule. The die is cast. Let's see how the game ensues. Perhaps if there were no videos as proof, people like you will probably say as is your custom that it's fake news. Pathetic intellectuals!
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by StanislausWeCan(m): 7:05pm On Jun 05, 2022
Sometimes the government attitude towards security looks like they are indirectly supporting this killings. Is it a thing of religion, ethnic or region that makes people to invade and kill fellow humans in this country. Yet it keeps happening when u expect something will be done to nip it. This unity sef!
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by AfroAgroPower: 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2022
My Sincere Condolences go out to all the bereaved individuals of the Ondo State Church Massacre.

This is really an agony.

This goes a long way to reveal how unsecured Nigeria is as a Country ?

It's so painful.

Please; as Concerned Nigerians - " How do we address and put an end to the Religious Massacres and Killings in Nigeria ? "

How do we step up our Security Level in Nigeria ?

Please follow this thread to drop your responses: Let's Work On Our Problems together. We are All Faced with The Issues of Insecurity in Nigeria (No Matter Who We Are).

https://www.nairaland.com/7163326/tfcol-ondo-church-massacre-how#113505401

Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by biafranrealson: 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2022
If it was the hand work of Fulani herdsmen,sorry the investigation and hunting must come to a dead end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by buckeyemedia: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2022
robinso01:
Nigeria have lost it. This useless administration is the worst I've ever witnessed in my life. Buhari, peace will be faraway from you for all these wickedness perpetrate by your kinsmen.
What should the President have done?

Whilst police & army in ondo &’other states are more interested in collecting bribe?

You Nigerians always looking for a scapegoat to blame for your own atrocities, it was Jonathan now it is Buhari?
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by buckeyemedia: 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2022
StanislausWeCan:
Sometimes the government attitude towards security looks like they are indirectly supporting this killings. Is it a thing of religion, ethnic or region that makes people to invade and kill fellow humans in this country. Yet it keeps happening when u expect something will be done to nip it. This unity sef!
Please give us an example of what could be done?
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by galaxy2020(m): 8:33pm On Jun 05, 2022
..but he couldn't condemn the death of Deborah?
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by wntnews: 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
My name is Francis Olanrewaju. I live in the United States. I am a native of Owo, in Ondo State, Nigeria. Today, Sunday, June 5, 2022, is a sad, black and ugly day. So sad, my alma mater, St. Francis Catholic Church was attacked by Nigeria's most deadly terrorists, the Fulani bandits. They did not spare my town. They cowardly murdered over 60 people - worshippers who had gathered this Sunday morning to worship God peacefully.

My name is Francis. I went to St. Francis Primary School, I was baptized at this same Church, (St. Francis Catholic Church). This church was built in the 70 by the faithful, and the pupils of the school. I know the in and out of the cathedral, the church was my second home. It was a safe place for street kids like me to shelter. I literally grew up in the mission house, served as an altar boy, and traveled the length and breadth of the surrounding village parishes. I served under many priests including Rev. Fr. Ghalaher, (a white man) Fr. Omoge, Fr. Agbowuro, Bishop Alonge, and many more.

Today, I am morning the loss of lives of many of my people, my brothers, sisters, children, fathers, mothers, grandma, grandpa, friends, and families. They were innocent people who do not deserve to die a horrible death like this. Nigeria has turned its back on us. Nigeria has failed the Owo people. Like every other city who are facing similar attacks in today's Nigeria, Owo has not been spared from the relentless attack by the evil murderous Fulanis.
Today, everyone is Owo, everyone is St. Francis, and everyone must rise up to defend our freedom and people. But make no mistake Owo people are strong people, we take no-nonsense against our interests. We will fight back and beat this evil vampire.
We will rebuild our church, help our people that are struggling, and heal our lands.

Now, Join me to assist the victim's families and rebuild our church. Please consider making any little donation on my gofund me link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/owo-under-attack?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Thank you.
Long live Owo people, But, for Nigeria, I don't know how long it will live. God bless
Lanrewaju, Francis

We will take Medical, Food, and Financial support
Nigerian Community Business & Citizen Services,
330 W. 24th Street, Baltimore, MD 21211

Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by Reflect7: 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2022
BigDawsNet:

The only solution is to split

I just hope we do this without a war

When you 'split', and 11 million Igbos are deported from the north, and 10 million from the south west, will you all not starve and descend into landlocked Ipob cannibalism, barbarism and savagery?

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.
Re: Owo Catholic Church Attack: We'll Hunt Assailants & Make Them Pay - Akeredolu by shimolv: 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did The 2-Million-Man Walk For Tinubu Hold In Kano? / Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates / Thugs Warn Lagosians To Desist From Joining Planned Protest Or Face Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.