Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) (60951 Views)

Two Nigerians & One Sudanese Deported For Illegal Stay In India (Photos) / Nigerian Man Begs To Be Deported After 5 Years In Italy/Germany (Video) / Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Wuppdex: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2022
That's all the negroes does PRAY, your sufferings on the continent will never end if you try to solve all problems with spirituality. Brainwashed people tueh.

elect:
I STAND IN GAP TO PRAY FOR HER AND I BELIEVE ALMIGHTY GOD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYER.
BEFORE THIS WEEK IS OVER HER STAY IN CANADA WILL BE GRANTED SHE WILL BE A CITIZEN IN JESUS NAME (AMEN).....
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Sirqt5(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
deport her
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by KazikageSama: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
abbey621:

Trump was just a moment in time, I'm talking about America's overall immigration history. Y'all got to get off of Trump's balls okay!

So Sir, not really. The immigration acts and consitution didn't back it but also gave room for it's interpretation, that's why they needed an executive order to stop it and why initial Courts judgements before the Executive order were subject to interpretations.

The fact that the other Presidents choose not to enforce it with executive powers is based on discretion Sir, not immigration act.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by bluefilm: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
But why would somebody's name sound like Idiot?
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Sltp: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

yeah, thats why they have a great society we are all japaing to
you are free to console yourself
the few sensible among them were able to set up a working system. I have traveled around the world and have met people from different part of the world. Currently living in the EU. there's nothing special about them
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Passionate888: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2022
Deport them, after they shouted sai baba them run go Canada
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by GoodFaith: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
TWoods:

This overinflated sense of entitlement is the problem. Her underlying asylum petition has been denied. In other words, she has not earned the right to live in Canada. She applied for residency under a one-time emergency program… she didn’t qualify. It doesn’t matter that she didn’t qualify because she was having a baby. The rules are the rules. This isn’t Nigeria where who you know and how hard you cry is what determines your fate.

You are so right
"This overinflated sense of entitlement is the problem. Her underlying asylum petition has been denied"
and lot of the Nigerians from Europe retired AS?? don't want to work
living off hard working people
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Elidrisy20: 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2022
Body no be firewood
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by GoodFaith: 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
KazikageSama:

Not related to this post but I think these things aren't that straightforward Sir.
1. it's canadian dollars not USD
2. You didn't factor the taxes and bills
3. 8.36 per hr in CA? shocked

But in all, CA is heaven compared to NG IF and only if you are there legally.

One America dollar is $1.27 one Canadian dollar
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by casppyjay: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2022
Highlandgee:
Nigerian woman living in Canada Idayat Saka, denied residency, could be deported because she had a baby.

A Nigerian, Idayat Saka who works in Toronto as a health-care worker did exactly what her doctor told her to do to protect herself and her baby. The 33-year-old mother of four stopped working at the beginning of her third trimester of pregnancy due to “high-risk” complications from prior cesarean births.

What Saka couldn’t have known at the time was that her decision to stop working when she did would later be used by an immigration officer to deny her permanent residency in Canada.

This rejection means Saka, her husband and two of their children could soon be deported to Nigeria. Her youngest sons, ages three and one, can’t be deported because they’re Canadian.

“I was crying. I was done,” Saka stated to Afrotimes News, explaining the heartbreak she felt when her application to remain in Canada was rejected. Saka and her husband are failed asylum seekers.

They came to Canada in October 2017 after they say their lives were threatened by gunmen in Nigeria. These claims were later dismissed.

After they arrived in Canada, Saka went back to school to become a personal support worker and spent more than 2,000 hours caring for sick and elderly patients in Ontario during the COVID-19 pandemic. Most of this work occurred during the deadly third and fourth waves of the virus.

She applied for permanent residency in Canada through a special program set up by former Liberal immigration minister Marco Mendicino. The program recognizes the “exceptional service” of failed and pending asylum seekers who’ve worked on the front lines of the pandemic by offering them an alternative pathway to residency.

But Saka’s application was rejected by an officer at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada because she didn’t meet one of the program’s basic requirements: having worked at least 120 hours between March 13, 2020 (the day pandemic travel restrictions were first introduced in Canada) and Aug. 14, 2020 (the day Mendicino announced the program).

Because the program was announced months after Saka went on leave, there was no way for her to know this decision would later be used to deny her residency. “Whenever I think about it I’m so depressed,” she said. Saka is appealing the decision to the Federal Court.

If Saka wins her case at the Federal Court, her application will be sent back to another immigration officer for reconsideration. Fraser could also intervene and allow her and her family to stay.

Whatever the outcome, Saka feels like she’s earned the right to remain in Canada. “I’ve worked for it and I’m still working,” she declared to Afrotimes News.

Source: Afrotimes Newspaper https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/a.119381757440035/123533187024892/
lol all na still d same gimmicks thanks to online brains
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by usagee36: 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2022
God bless America Bruh! Thank you so Fvcking much!
MALIGNANTGuest:
CANADA has got stricter immigration Laws than the United States.
The United States is the HOME for All!
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Home for all but can get shot anytime.
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Billygee2u: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
advanceDNA:
So the kids can stay because they are canadain...
but u want yo deport the parents...

Is that not witchcraft??
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by abbey621(m): 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2022
KazikageSama:

So Sir, not really. The immigration acts and consitution didn't back it but also gave room for it's interpretation, that's why they needed an executive order to stop it and why initial Courts judgements before the Executive order were subject to interpretations.

The fact that the other Presidents choose not to enforce it with executive powers is based on discretion Sir, not immigration act.

I don't know what you're talking about, we are talking about deportations here not separation at the border. I think you're mixing up two different things. America dey deport people even before Trump, the questiuon here is what they do with U.S citizen children of parents getting deported.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by sterlingD(m): 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
I wished that they had explored the express entry route from the get go.This asylum format don cast tey tey these oyibo immigration people don sabi this format them go do like sey them go allow you on compassionate grounds but later come pull the carpet wey you dey stand ontop from under your feet

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Corporate2020: 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2022
advanceDNA:
So the kids can stay because they are canadain...
but u want yo deport the parents...

Is that not witchcraft??

They want Thunder to strike them ni. Ogun, Sango, Oya, Obatala, Aiyelala and Esu Odara will all visit them soon. Thieves want to steal Nigerian children from their parents.
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by yankison(m): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
chineesfx21728:
I use PiggyVest to save & invest securely. Sign up with my link and get ₦1,000.00 to start your own savings journey - https://www.piggyvest.com/?newref=1&ref=76c3a6be180522

Thief Ogun kill ur papa
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Newphiligeek123: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2022
sterlingD:
I wished that they had explored the express entry route from the get go.This asylum format don cast tey tey these oyibo immigration people don sabi this format them go do like sey them go allow you on compassionate grounds but later come pull the carpet wey you dey stand ontop from under your feet
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by dettolgel: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
Bahamas95:
They should pity her and allow her stay na embarassed....... Nigeria is not a country you would even wish your worst enemy to stay.

Oyibo no dey do pity ooh. You either earn it or not how you earn it is the issue in some cases.
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Wrecxman(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
When will Nigerians start being truthful in their asylum applications?

The moment you mention "Boko Haram, Homophobic attack, etc" on your forms, you will get denied. And nothing you add to it will make them give you again because they already know your application was based on lies.
Abi no be d same diplomats wey dey flex on a regular in 9ja?

How about argue and prove your social and economic worth in your place of intended stay?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by 360command: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
AlphaT1:

True. But once you are admitted to Canada the support you get as a resident / immigrant is far massive than the U.S.
I can tell you unequivocally that Canada has a strong and robust support system for new immigrants.
lol! I laugh at people like you who writes all this. How many asylum immigrants can Canada carry? The United States is at the frontline of every immigrants trying to enter. Canada cannot take half of the immigrants usa has. This is the same way countries like Italy are at the forefront and the rest of EU nations like Germany running their mouth and asking the Italians to hold the immigrants who come in knowing very well ,Germany cannot handle the influx of immigrants into Germany.

There was a time Germany was accepting immigrants (Nigerians), when the Syria war broke out, we saw lots of Syrians trooping Into Germany seeking asylum. Even German authorities came out to reject asylum seekers from Africa so that they can help the Syrians. As I speak to you, I have a few friends who were in Germany, left Germany to Spain and Portugal to find papers..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by moshino(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
Newphiligeek123:
Haba! they should just have mercy on this lady and her kid na. cry

There's something called "the rule of law", it's applied without sentiments, and applies to everyone equally. This is why their country is very advanced and works, but yours remains a shithole.
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by meobizy(f): 5:47pm On Jun 07, 2022
When in developed nations stick to rules. Rules are the reason they remain at the top.
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by TWoods(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2022
Okobola146:
thank God you're not an immigration officer. You for dey heartless

Immigration rules are not intended for you but for the receiving country. It’s not their fault that your own country cannot provide for you. They have to worry about the impact of unchecked immigration on their own citizens. It’s not about you.
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by TWoods(m): 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2022
VULCAN:
The funniest thing about people like you that strongly support others not being shown Mercy- is that when it comes to matters that concern you, you will fight tooth and nail to get things that you don't deserve.

Bloody Hypocrite.

Mtscheww

Immigration rules are not about mercy, but filling the practical needs of the receiving country. It is not Canada’s responsibility to take in every Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Highlandgee: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2022
For the latest news from the Nigerians-in-Diaspora community, read the Afrotimes Newspaper
https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper

Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by mysticwarrior(m): 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2022
She should apply for "stay deportation order"
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by abuwidad(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

And yet people are running from US to Canada
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by Oplomo: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2022
She is yoruba muslim, must have voted terrible rulers like buhari to destroy the country and insult other, now she is seeking asylum in a saner clime with fraudulent asylum claims. Nonsense!

I will be writing Canadian immigration to start deporting and denying yoruba muslim Canadian permits. They destroy the country voting fools like buhari and tinubu and run out of the same country. You would expect the fools to gain some sense when they travel out. No they won't.
They still elect to continue supporting the bastard rulers they voted in while they enjoy the benefit of advanced countries.

yoruba muslims do not deserve visa to advanced countries.
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by seangy4konji: 7:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
Abeg no let her come here ooo....

She fit commit suicide ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by AngelicBeing: 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
sad
Re: Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
She sud get a lawyer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands / Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall / Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.