Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,722 members, 7,862,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:16 PM

5 Best Ways To Prevent Stretch Marks During Pregnancy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Best Ways To Prevent Stretch Marks During Pregnancy (207 Views)

Fingernail Marks During Sex! / Akasi Andoh Wedding: "I’m 35 Years, A Single Mum, Fat With Stretch Marks" / I'm Fat, I Have Cellulite, Folds, Big Tummy & Stretch Marks - Nigerian Lady (pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Ways To Prevent Stretch Marks During Pregnancy by Tochukwuoparaa: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2022
Stretch marks are more frequent in pregnant women, but they can appear at any time in life. For some, they're more prone than others to them. You're more likely to have stretch marks if your mother, father, grandparents, or other close blood relatives have them. The danger of stretch marks can be reduced and the markings you already have can be treated, even if you're genetically predisposed to them.

1. Control your weight

Maintaining a healthy weight is one of the best ways to avoid stretch marks, whether you're pregnant or not. The rapid weight growth that occurs when a person gains weight can cause the skin to tear, resulting in stretch marks. Rapid weight loss might also leave you with stretch marks. During growth spurts, such as puberty, some people notice stretch marks on their skin. Others, such as bodybuilders, become aware of them as a result of significant weight gain as a result of training or the use of anabolic steroids. Working to slow down the rate at which your body changes might be your best option. Keep your weight under control by eating healthily and exercising regularly. A trip to the doctor to determine the cause of any fast weight gain or loss may be in order.

2. Stay hydrated

It may be possible to maintain your skin hydrated and soft by drinking a sufficient amount of water. Stretch marks are less likely to appear on soft skin than on dry skin. Men should drink 104 ounces of water per day, and women should drink 72 ounces. This is the current recommendation from the Institute of Medicine. You may actually increase your risk of developing stretch marks by drinking caffeinated beverages, such as coffee, Coffee drinkers should drink lots of water, herbal tea, and other caffeine-free beverages in order to maintain a healthy hydration level.

Read More
https://medicalcaremedia.com/5-best-ways-to-prevent-stretch-marks-during-pregnancy/

(1) (Reply)

America Has Death Penalty, South Africa Has Xenophobic Attacks / Finding Love In The Modern World / I Need A Second Hand Girlfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.