Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) - Politics (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) (440978 Views)

Delta State PDP Gubernatorial Primary: Live Update / 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) / Lagos APC Primary: Live Updates, Results And Situation Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by ambitiousLord(m): 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
seborrhic:

Rather he had no choice.
Don't forget,he is now effectively a lameduck president.
He would have been told that openly going against Tinubu may see to Tinubu decamping and knowing the considerable support Tinubu has,his followers would likely follow suit.That that could destabilise the entire APC asides costing the party in 2023.
So the convincing point the advisers would have given Buhari is that rather than endorse someone Tinubu would eventually vie against or pitch his massive tent with Atiku,against such narrowly supported APC candidate,Buhari should insist on the primaries going ahead and whoever wins would be adjudged to have come from a democratic,popular party support.
So Buhari's hand was forced to be neutral,rather than it being his preferred way to have chosen a successor.
That's an absolute truth

6 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by Emilokoiyawon: 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
seborrhic:

Rivers people are representing well.
Wike was narrowly defeated by Atiku,coming second and here in APC Amaechi too,despite vying together with a sitting VP and a sitting senate President,has come an impressive second with a very respectable delegates count.
Amaechi is indeed a formidable politician and maybe made SSG or another ministerial post,if Tinubu wins the presidency.

Ikwerre is punching above their weight politically. I doff my hat to those guys. They are real men.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by IgOga(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2022
Tinubu should pray for good health o...Amaechi get as he dey win election without winning...na so he become governor that year for Rivers...And he's second....if anything happen now he wins shocked

11 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by Excelboi(m): 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2022
Ahmad Lawan 152 votes

3 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by JohnBullMySon: 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2022
CutieKing:

Oga go and do the breakdown of those results.
I have a question for you though.why do you believe atiku will win ss and se in the southern region but tinubu will lose in the northern region?.
Let's start the conversation there.
First of all the only time a southern candidate has ever won in the north was in 1999 when two southern candidates were the only ones on the ballot. Obasanjo and Olu Falae, both Yoruba. Since then, only Northern candidates win irrespective of party. Tinubu is a muslim, but it will likely not fly in the North when there is a more formidable northern candidate in Atiku. Let APC go field a minority Christian governorship candidate in a core northern state and PDP field the opposite let's see if its still about the ruling party.

I did not say Atiku will win in the South east. I said south south because it is a PDP stronghold. Governor endorsements work well in the south south and he'll definitely be picking his vice from there. South easterners are much more weary of northern presidents than virtually any other tribe, but they'll rather vote Atiku because of PDP factor than Tinubu who is equally a muslim and has not acknowledged the region in any thing whatsoever (APC factor too). However, peter obi will definitely win in states like Anambra and maybe Abia. He may or may not win in others but PDP is coming second in all south east states lost to Obi.

The funny thing that could happen in this election is Tinubu losing or sharing Lagos to/with PDP and LP due to Obi factor and Christian factor. The votes in Lagos will be heavily shared as usual ( This time into three). I'm afraid of his desperation though. He might just fuel a very violent election in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by CornOak(m): 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2022
CornOak:

Emeka Nwajuba — 1 vote
Dave Umahi — 38 votes
Tunde Bakare — 0 votes
Ahmad Rufair Sunni — 4 votes
Rotimi Amaechi — 316 votes
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo — 235 votes
Rochas Okorocha — 0 votes
Yahaya Bello — 47 votes
Jack Rich — 0 votes
Christopher Onu — 1 vote

Emeka Nwajuba — 1 vote
Dave Umahi — 38 votes
Tunde Bakare — 0 votes
Ahmad Rufair Sunni — 4 votes
Rotimi Amaechi — 316 votes
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo — 235 votes
Rochas Okorocha — 0 votes
Yahaya Bello — 47 votes
Jack Rich — 0 votes
Christopher Onu — 1 vote
Ahmad Lawan — 152 votes
Ben Ayade — 37 votes
Ikeobasi Mokelu — 0 vote

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by YeyeGbami: 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2022
Mokelu wey dey hype buhari got ZERO
Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by YeyeGbami: 1:29pm On Jun 08, 2022
Yesss. the time is here. una go count tire today
Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by dominique(f): 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2022
BAT votes about to be counted, na here we go sleep today. The votes would be brought in in batches, only God knows how many batches

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by JohnBullMySon: 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2022
kokoA:
I did not disagree with your submission, I'm only trying to point out to you that Atiku will not have an easy ride in the north. Atiku is not Buhari. This is the first time Buhari will not be on the ballot paper since 2003 so you cannot say endorsements won't fly. The north didn't vote for Buhari because he is one of them, they voted for him because he is BUHARI. I hope you get where I'm coming from.
Yeah, Atiku is not Buhari. That's true. But Buhari is not Yar'adua too. Did you know that this same Buhari lost to Yar'adua wotowotoriously in the North 2007. What happened in the next election? Dude swept back the north like a hurricane.

Bruh see, it will take more than a miracle to stop the north from voting Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by Sannisege: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Yeah, Atiku is not Buhari. That's true. But Buhari is not Yar'adua too. Did you know that this same Buhari lost to Yar'adua wotowotoriously in the North 2007. What happened in the next election? Dude swept back the north like a hurricane.

The way they voted for Ahmed Lawan in this primaries. Keep deceiving yourself.

5 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by ojehmario1969(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
Lol
The guy don dey count bat vote anyhow
Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by Pauladex(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

Either Tinubu or Atiku u am ok because they are beta than Buhari

3 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by seborrhic: 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
IgOga:
Tinubu should pray for good health o...Amaechi get as he dey win election without winning...na so he become governor that year for Rivers...And he's second....if anything happen now he wins shocked
Only if something happens to Tinubu before he sends his nomination along with that of his chosen VP to INEC.
Once that happens,even before the national election,the VP automatically becomes the party bearer and a new VP party candidate gets nominated by the party.
So assuming such unwished for scenario takes place,the VP nominee slot is the highest Amaechi can get and the VP of APC then wins the presidency.

5 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by YeyeGbami: 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
ojehmario1969:
Lol
The guy don dey count bat vote anyhow

Anyhow wey they wan count am. Na win win

2 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by dominique(f): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
Confusion while counting Tinubu's votes, they've started afresh. We sleep here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by sammy329(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
Excelboi:
Ahmad Lawan 152 votes
Anointed candidate grin grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by garfield1: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
These are the north central states and this is how they voted in 2019

>>>>>>>>>>APC>>>>>>>>>>> PDP
Benue 347,668* 47.70* 356,817* 48.95*
FCT 152,224* 35.91* 259,997* 61.33*
Kogi 285,894* 54.87* 218,207* 41.88*
Kwara 308,984* 67.22* 138,184* 30.06*
Nasarawa 289,903* 49.92* 283,847* 48.87*
Niger 612,371* 71.88* 218,052* 25.59*
Pleteau 468,555* 45.28* 548,665* 53.02*

Did you see how tight they all are? Atiku won two states drew two and lost two by a fair margin against a sitting popular Buhari. What makes you think Tinubu will swing it? He will take Kwara definitely but that's where it ends.

Oga north central always split votes like south west. Before 2015,pdp always won there.obj in 2003 won buhari there,gej in 2011 won there.whoever loses there is sure of 25% in a the States...but mind you,the north central are pro south and tired of core northerners
Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by garfield1: 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
IgOga:

No.if he dies fresh primaries
Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by JohnBullMySon: 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
garfield1:

Oga north central always split votes like south west. Before 2015,pdp always won there.obj in 2003 won buhari there,gej in 2011 won there.whoever loses there is sure of 25% in a the States...but mind you,the north central are pro south and tired of core northerners
It is difficult to assertain whether it is really pro south or pro PDP. I still give it to Atiku because of a swing state like Niger. But where exactly does Tinubu expect a landslide victory? He needs it to have a fighting chance.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by Samueltemi337(m): 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
So since Tinubu is dying before this year ends our winner is Amaechi
Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by YeyeGbami: 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Samueltemi337:
So since Tinubu is dying before this year ends our winner is Amaechi

6 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by Krismas(m): 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
Twoclans:
Yemi Osinbajo

Starts on a solemn note by giving a solemn talk about the victims of Owo.

He says he is a true Nigerian .he was born in Nigeria.

He says it's possible to have world class education

He said its possible to have processing industries.

He said we can explore oil and gas.we can open steel plants .

We can build our own cars

We can sell shoes to the world.
We can manufacture our weapons and ammunitions

A company in Nigeria is making armoured vehicles.

We can manufacture drones.

We can send Astronauts to the moon.

An open honest government can be run

A hundred million people can be lifted out of poverty

He said fortunately we are not starting from zero.he said the administration of president Mohammed buhari has started.He said everything is within our reach.

All that is left is on making the right decision tonight .

He said 2322 people will determine the future of Nigeria.he compels the delegates to vote right tonight .

He says you cannot wish this country well and vote for someone you do not believe in.

He says when you vote tonight ,that vote carries the answer to the prayer we seek as a country.

He said he had reasoned together with delegates on the hope of Nigeria .He said he has seen first hand the circumstances of the future.

He said he will be ready from day one.

He said it is for this reasons that he presents himself for your consideration as an aspirant.

Nice speech .

But hmmmmmmmmmmm.
grin Chai! I almost believed he was telling the truth until he said we can send astronauts to the moon grin It was at dat point I realized I was listening to yet another vain prattle of a political professional grin

7 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by JohnBullMySon: 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
Sannisege:
The way they voted for Ahmed Lawan in this primaries. Keep deceiving yourself.
You're the one deceiving yourself with an in party primary where delegates are bought over.

As for me I really don't care much whoever becomes the president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by Sannisege: 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
You're the one deceiving yourself with an in party primary where delegates are bought over.

As for me I really don't care much whoever becomes the president of Nigeria.
E pain am!

5 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by YeyeGbami: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
700 and still counting. Now wey Bola don win, make una resume to dey open yeye threads up and down to cry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by gentlegenius(m): 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

People are so hungry in this country right now, so I doubt if the north will ignore Tinubu and APC's money to vote Atiku just because he's from the north. There is no way Atiku and PDP will match Tinubu and ApC in terms of money.

4 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by macjireh: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I repeat this, APC is killing their chances by giving Tinubu the ticket.

Party structure is not national politics. They're giving Obi an advantage of being the only Christian in a three horse race after having a Muslim lead the country for eight years. Nigeria is heavily divided along religious lines currently and this definitely will result much more people voting along religious lines. After the performance of Buhari, a Christian VP most likely will not fly for Christians.

Even if Obi doesn't win, he'll come close. The coming election will be a real fight between three people.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by YeyeGbami: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
Sannisege:
E pain am!

4 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by feedthenation(m): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2022
seborrhic:

Rivers people are representing well.
Wike was narrowly defeated by Atiku,coming second and here in APC Amaechi too,despite vying together with a sitting VP and a sitting senate President,has come an impressive second with a very respectable delegates count.
Amaechi is indeed a formidable politician and maybe made SSG or given another ministerial post,if Tinubu wins the presidency.

---interesting that both South-South candidates Wike for PDP and Amaechi for APC have really done well---surpassing the South East---

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) by Twoclans(f): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2022
Krismas:
grin Chai! I almost believed he was telling the truth until he said we can send astronauts to the moon grin It was at dat point I realized I was listening to yet another vain prattle of a political professional grin

Lol

I also got lost at that point.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (121) (Reply)

Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement / 2023 Presidential Election Results From Polling Units / Osun 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.