Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom (37619 Views)

Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video) / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Gamesmart: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
adecz:

In the UK
⏩You enjoy good roads
⏩Steady electrify
⏩Good security, no herdsmen, BH,
Unknown gunmen.
⏩You travel anytime without fear of kidnap.
⏩Affordable food
⏩Free education for your kids
⏩Government housing if eligible
⏩Social welfare if eligible.
⏩Steady water supply ( no borehole)

And many other intangible benefits,
but you don't want to pay tax.

LThat is a welfare society and they
fund it with relatively high tax. If you no
like am, then return and face bandits here.

Na your type dey bypass NEPA meter
& dodge paying contribution for maiguard
etc. ❌❌�

You are so unintelligent, you could not even comprehend what I was criticising in your post.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Johel(m): 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:
A Nigerian man living abroad got people talking after he revealed the cost of rent where he lives.

According to him, the rent per month is between N562k and 975k.

https://twitter.com/IamOlajideAwe/status/1532240778776428544?t=ltrI-xaqxwW2mC3HYE736g&s=19

He said: "Get it right: Things are better here but you will not sit down and hope you will make it here. It depends on what you do and how well grounded you are sha."

NairaLand in UK what’s your take on this

He's mad,shey light no dey?,road no good?,water no dey? Good infrastructures?,good weather?...come back Naija if e no pay u Na...ode Omo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by HRprof: 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
erico2k2:

Everyone renting a room in London earn above N1million a month, FYI N1millio is just £1300 in todays money, even those on benefits get more than that
Remove electricity biĺl, water bill, transportation and Tax let me know how much remain for feeding and saving smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Gamesmart: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2022
Babaire:

Pharmacist, Kidderminster

E be like say na UK you dey, make I come chop Amala

Oga patapata, you no dey live for London and dey take home £4,500 per month.

Take home o! Not gross! And you come they live for Kidderminster.

Average take home pay in where you live is about £1,720 per month. You are in the top 1% of earners in that town.

Your cost of living will be so affordable. I am sure that £1,000 rent is getting you a 3 bedroom apartment. Na "face me, I face you" e go get you for London. grin

That is like someone taking home N500K a month in Nigeria and come dey live for Ikire! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You be local Baale of Kidderminster then. grin grin grin grin grin grin

You no suppose dey talk na. You are not ordinary and don't represent average persin for UK. grin

Me, I dey Naija o, not UK. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by HRprof: 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2022
adecz:

In the UK
⏩You enjoy good roads
⏩Steady electrify
Unknown gunmen.
⏩Affordable food

etc. ❌❌�
All thses thing you listed above na free baah
The truth is that they enjoy all that benefits and pay through their nose
UK is for civil servant life that is how it is designed do not expect to 'be rich over there because their system will not allow you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

Remove electricity biĺl, water bill, transportation and Tax let me know how much remain for feeding and saving smiley smiley
Bross relax, nor dey drink panadol for someone else's head Ache, we dey try in this UK, why do you think some of us own houses worth £400k? and buy cars worth £30k plus? This month my tax and deduction was £2100 and that is less than 13% of my salary in the month.We nor be like people in the rest of Europe, this is the simple reason we have loads of migrant crossing the rest of Europe to come over here.,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

All thses thing you listed above na free baah
The truth is that they enjoy all that benefits and pay through their nose
UK is for civil servant life that is how it is designed do not expect to 'be rich over there because their system will not allow you.
UK is not for civil servant, U got the kind of imagination I had 22 years ago.U need to visit if U can and get up to date info 1st hand.
The greatest Earners in the UK are Farmers and Trades men ie bricklayers etc basically work men. civil servants are low in the ranking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by kamez(m): 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

Are you telling us that they make upto 1m in a month?
He is only talking about rent by the time he pays bills and other things money don finish be that

My elder sis moved to the UK for her MSC last year August.. schooling and working..

She makes 2200 pounds per month working in a care home....

That's just about 1.6m naira a month...

She told me last week that she is never coming back to this shit hole

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by thatigboman1: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
chatinent:
Ok. Convert your monthly pay from all the jobs you do to Naira. Na only overheads una dey like convert to Naira show Nigerians.

Come back make another person go
dont mind d clown. In 2010 when I travelled to London for holidays. I hanged out with a university cousemate of mine. and the guy was lamenting. that the tax is so high, that he is relocating back to Nigeria. i told him, we will be very happy to receive you back home. the fool is still there 12 years later, with the high tax. nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by HRprof: 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
kamez:

My elder sis moved to the UK for her MSC last year August.. schooling and working..

I also have a cousin who just finish master's in UK currently working, she always flash me to call her and when I ask her how market she said Bills are too much that she will be planing to relocate to another country she can not come back to Nigeria
Life no balance . Majority are feeling the bill more.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Mindlog: 8:26pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

I also have a cousin who just finish master's in UK currently working, she always flash me to call her and when I ask her how market she said Bills are too much that she will be planing to relocate to another country she can not come back to Nigeria
Life no balance . Majority are feeling the bill more.
Flash you to call her as per she does not have data or will not use data to make or receive WhatsApp calls? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by GUNITGuy: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
Wicked selfish souls they just enjoy peppering their family and friends with happy abroad pictures and complain but would not consider coming back .....if abroad tire you come to naija ....I want to go there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by HRprof: 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
Mindlog:

Flash you to call her as per she does not have data or will not use data to make or receive WhatsApp calls? shocked
When I have issue with my Android phone and she needed an information from me at that time , the only way was to communicate through normal phone call and she complain of the high charge for international call from UK that's why flash , I have to do the calling using Ariel which is cheaper for international call from here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by adecz: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
Gamesmart:

You are so unintelligent, you could not even comprehend what I was criticising in your post.

⏩ Educate us, oga Einstein ☑️✔️✅ ☺️
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
kamez:

when she lives here for 20 years her narrative will change, anywyas its different for women than men
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Mindlog: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

When I have issue with my Android phone and she needed an information from me at that time , the only way was to communicate through normal phone call and she complain of the high charge for international call from UK that's why flash , I have to do the calling using Ariel which is cheaper for international call from here.

Noted. Coming to the UK for studies, one must also come with game plans that would put one in paths that he/she would earn what would not make paying bills be a burden.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

it is true, the society is structured like that, its free to do stuff fru internet, the vast majority of us are not set up to use our contract phones to call abroad, so its like setting up a whole new line if o ne needs to call Africa as the infrastructure here is not set up to support such, so you pay premium.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
thatigboman1:
dont mind d clown. In 2010 when I travelled to London for holidays. I hanged out with a university cousemate of mine. and the guy was lamenting. that the tax is so high, that he is relocating back to Nigeria. i told him, we will be very happy to receive you back home. the fool is still there 12 years later, with the high tax. nonsense.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin funy thing is, We pay More tax in Nigeria than in the Uk and sad reality is, in Uk you see your tax working in 9ja your tax goes voicemail

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by lildush(m): 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
This is an update to all of you planning to japa to uk.. and be forming swag.. thinking u can easily get money dere..Its not easy anywhere... You just have to put in your best.... To make ends meet. If not for the poor state of the country.. insecurity .. and so on... Its better u stay here and hustle.. u stand a better chance to save. And establish urself
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Onyeziokwu(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:
A Nigerian man living abroad got people talking after he revealed the cost of rent where he lives.

According to him, the rent per month is between N562k and 975k.

https://twitter.com/IamOlajideAwe/status/1532240778776428544?t=ltrI-xaqxwW2mC3HYE736g&s=19

He said: "Get it right: Things are better here but you will not sit down and hope you will make it here. It depends on what you do and how well grounded you are sha."

NairaLand in UK what’s your take on this

Nigerians wey dey alright for UK no get time to dey convert every damn thing to naira whilst earning in pounds.

Na this type wey I dey always see for Tesco, Lidl and Asda, always trying to convert the naira equivalent of anything before heading to tills lol.

Oga stop discouraging people back home, destiny varies.

Na still human beings dey stay for Sandbanks, posh locations for central London etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
uuzba:

Na shame dey keep people for UK.
if we check well now we go see say mayB U don ask for urgent 2k from ur guy for Uk he bounce you grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Legendoo: 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2022
adecz:

In the UK
⏩You enjoy good roads
⏩Steady electrify
Unknown gunmen.
⏩Affordable food

etc. ❌❌�

Affordable food how. Do you know how much a tuber of yam cost here angry

Na road and hospital I want chop. How many times you dey sick for one year sef. Omo you guys can exaggerate. grin

If you dey on social welfare, just know say your own don finish. Na there you go dey till your own finish pata pata grin

Free education for kids, you don price child minding fees grin.abi where you go put them after school.

Travelling without fear is also relative, you don experience racism before grin.

I have seen people enjoying all those amenities in places like Abuja. They install solar, live in houses that are even better than here and have access to cheap labour. So no need to bypass electricity.

What that guy was trying to explain is that there is a small window of opportunity for mega enjoyment in Nigeria in comparison, if you're well set up.

Imagine a guy living in Nigeria with a fully paid house , cheap labour, and solid business as compared to a guy in a 3 bed 600k pounds mortgage in London earning 100k.

I think i'll take the former. After many years here , I've realized no be our papa get all this useless things we cap about like good roads. You want to carry the road to Nigeria after retirement or you want to die in obodo oyinbo washing plates at 60 , then off to a retirement home at 70.

You this people too funny. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Swissgoldenpro(m): 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2022
This is not easy
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by HRprof: 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2022
erico2k2:

if we check well now we go see say mayB U don ask for urgent 2k from ur guy for Uk he bounce you grin grin grin grin grin grin
smiley smiley Na bad mouth go kill you
The U.K people wey him dey ask urgent 2k never pay bill finish na to remain 2k for village people.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by OgaTheTop2: 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
theamazonguru:

Ehn ehn now you are talking.
Mortgage is better rent na.
…he no easy bruh.
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by theamazonguru(m): 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
OgaTheTop2:
…he no easy bruh.

Hahahahahaha
Sure, it's not but you know why you are sacrificing whatever you are sacrificing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by zinaunreal(m): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
Everybody don wise up .... bastards
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2022
HRprof:

smiley smiley Na bad mouth go kill you
The U.K people wey him dey ask urgent 2k never pay bill finish na to remain 2k for village people.
E be lke say you too folow for the urgent 2K gang grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by mcdokwe(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
erico2k2:

E go shock you more if He tell U howmuch he earns in 1 week

Earn ke? Most of his bills are subsidized from here
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by erico2k2(m): 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
mcdokwe:

Earn ke? Most of his bills are subsidized from here
Bills like??
your bross dey scam una or he be legbere, xtreemly lazy
Re: Nigerian Man Speaks On High Rent In The United Kingdom by Bbbw: 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
Then come back home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Some Beautiful Places In Dubai, United Arab Emirates / It’s Not Our Responsibility,brt Staff React To The Dirtiness Of Their Bus(photo) / New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.