Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? (4895 Views)

How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? / How To Drill A Cheapest Borehole In Oyo,osun,ogun,lagos State Or Within Nigeria / How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by 1kTask: 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nikkganc08

Sorry for the delayed response. I appreciate the detailed breakdown of your expenses. It is very helpful.
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by 1kTask: 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
kelvin1191:
First you need a geophysical survey. It will determine the depth of the aquifer. It cost 20k for manual and about 50k for digital survey in my location (Makurdi, Benue State)

Drilling (Indian rigs)
Punching and casing is 10k-11k per meter here since disel rose to 700 per liter. It used to be 7k per meter December last year.

Another to consider is " manual, electric or solar"
The dept and the well flow rate will determine the size of pump to install.

Your best bet will be a manual pump as 400k won't be enough for electric

Thanks, it appears the price differences are significant across the country.

Since these projects will be in rural areas, electricity might be a major challenge, making a hand pump more practical.

Is it possible to have a hybrid of manual and electric? So in the absence of power, they can hand pump it.

Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by 1kTask: 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
dhope:
Manual borehole is just a senior well. You drill such borehole on overburden in basement area and experience draw down during dry season. If community is being considered for water supply, erase the thought of hand drilled/manual borehole completely

Yeah, machine drilled will always be the better option, except in cases where it isn't accessible.
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by kelvin1191(m): 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
1kTask:

Since these projects will be in rural areas, electricity might be a major challenge, making a hand pump more practical.

Is it possible to have a hybrid of manual and electric? So in the absence of power, they can hand pump it.

Yes. I don't have own picture now but it's possible
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by 1kTask: 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2022
kelvin1191:

Yes. I don't have own picture now but it's possible

Great, thanks.
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by adamix(m): 8:44am On Jun 17, 2022
It cost us over 1m just to drill and cast here in kwara state. Though it was a rocky place. With this amount spent, I'm now considering switching to manual hand pump instead of a pumping machine, the water is is for livestock.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by adamix(m): 8:45am On Jun 17, 2022
1kTask:

The hand pumps have limits?
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by 1kTask: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
adamix:
It cost us over 1m just to drill and cast here in kwara state. Though it was a rocky place. With this amount spent, I'm now considering switching to manual hand pump instead of a pumping machine, the water is is for livestock.

Thanks. 1m seems higher than other's experiences.

I don't know what the limits of a hand pump would be, other than the obvious inconvenience of pumping it.
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by 1kTask: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Does anyone know how to get a hold of the main mods? Lalasticlala and Mynd44.

I have attempted reaching out to them with the "mail supermods" message system, but I imagine they are loaded with messages they can't cope with.
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by 1kTask: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
cool
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by Mrnairalandd: 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
brodalikeme:

The total cost of drilling a borehole depends on several factors. 1) The recommended depth as suggested by the geophysical survey, this will also suggest full casing or hanging casing. , Secondly the terms of reference given to the borehole contractor (some may ask the drillers to drill and install the submersible pump.

Have you done a geophysicist survey?

Maybe if you provide more information about your project, I will be able to offer a better advise. .

Hi i ll like to know more about full casing and hanging casing. I am about to engage the service of someone to drill borehole for me!

One said full casing is the suitable option for me while the other guy said both full casing and hanging casing are almost the same. Pls how true is this
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by Godspikin: 11:14am On Apr 02, 2023
1kTask:
I understand Lagos, Abuja and PH cost more, but what about more rural communities?

My google searches show prices between N100k - N1m, on average. If anyone has engaged the drilling of one recently, what are the prices looking like? I also understand a manual and machine drilled hole cost different.

So another is, what are the disadvantages of a manual one?

If you're wondering why I'm not asking about a specific location, it's because it's a social project and the locations haven't been chosen. Thanks!

It is unprofessional to quote for a borehole without having a knowledge of the subsurface geology. It's like administering treatment because someone has fever without carrying out a test.

The first thing to do is to conduct a geophysical survey, which will guide you in the project, it will also give you a clear idea of the cost.

A borehole that needs to be cased down is double the cost of the one that does not needs to be cased down (hanging) and it is the subsurface geology that will inform all these.

I am a GEOLOGIST and I advise you carry out a geophysical survey first. Incase you need my services let me know.

You can reach me on Zero.Seven.Zero.3902.Seven.Four.18
Re: What Does It Cost To Drill A Borehole in Nigeria These Days? by Kobicove(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
turawaa:
Last month 500k daytime and legally(company will know) in Ilorin but …

Night runs dey too (the company unaware with same worker) like 300k

Wayo wey dey this country dey plenty! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Mono-rail Project Seems To Be On Stream / NAIRALAND CASH CODES: How To Make Money Using Your Nairaland Account (premium) / How To Get Quality Printing For Your Business Or Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.