Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

How Udala Can Be Used - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Udala Can Be Used (1031 Views)

Can CNG Be Used For Cooking? / Name any Weed You Know of That Can Be Used For Food or Cooking / Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Udala Can Be Used by Probz(m): 1:30am On Jun 07, 2022
“ Although its culinary (and overall) exploitation have/has not been known to expand beyond the province of simply eating the much-prized fruit, subjective advocates have been made across certain lines suggesting its wood be used to smoke certain foods in a Nigerian/Igbo context (some curiously-experimental, some conventional) as shawarma meat, ofe akwu (banga stew), cast-iron-‘potted’ jollof rice, coconut rice, efo-riro, ofe-egusi, okro soups, [pumpkin] yam porridge and ofe-oha. The foods that occupy a certain intermediate position between ofe-ora and jollof rice, which assume more of a definitively-concrete culinary stamp among the Igbo than the Yoruba and other non-Igbo ethnic groups, are especially-advocated for in certain esoterically-subjective circles as especially-benefiting from the infusion of the ‘tropical apple-wood smoke’ that would be imparted by way of corresponding usage of said tree-wood. These foods may be summarised as, in a no-means exhaustive list, banga rice {which essentially-represents to ofe akwu what jollof rice does to white rice and [red] stew}, all manner of transitional forms between banga rice and conventional jollof rice (helped by the addition of coconut) and okra soup (ofe-okwuru/okwulu) wherein prominent ingredients include ehuru (Calabash nutmeg), seafood, uziza (false cubeb) and turkey meat. The heretofore-stringently-protected meat of flamingo has also been subjectively-deemed as fitting protein-compliments for these potentially-rendered dishes or even to take the place of (or compliment) (smoked) meat of any kind, in this futuristic model smoked specially with the wood of udala.”

I’m sure some people would opine that such a proposition could only come about under the influence of Uber-lit Jamaican/Arizona kush but that’s not quite the case. Even in a concrete, practical sense it’s a perfectly-sound idea (once flamingos become more widespread for nni). Udala-wood-smoked flamingo wings with banga jollof rice (cast-iron-potted and lid-sealed with plantain leaves in place of the customary aluminium foil/parchment paper-sheets) would be dope. Ditto for egusi with added-on onugbu leaves stir-fried in half-[bleached-or-not]palm-oil, half flamingo/torotoro oil and smoked with udara/agbalumo wood (whether the egusi itself is cooked in a cast-iron, stainless-steel or good-ol. aluminium pot).
Re: How Udala Can Be Used by ahnie: 6:43am On Jun 07, 2022
Too much grammar.
I nor understand anything.

1 Like

Re: How Udala Can Be Used by Probz(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
ahnie:
Too much grammar.
I nor understand anything.

That’s your wahala. Go pick up a bloody dictionary.
Re: How Udala Can Be Used by ahnie: 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
Probz:

That’s your wahala. Go pick up a bloody dictionary.
Hey.....be nice.
I just told you the simple truth.

1 Like

Re: How Udala Can Be Used by Probz(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2022
ahnie:

Hey.....be nice.
I just told you the simple truth.

I’m under no obligation to be nice if I don’t want to be.

This sort of post is obviously geared to someone with a certain degree of well-readedness (whatever) and for the more well-read on here that post shouldn’t be too taxing to understand. Technically you can do whatever you want but it’s not really for you to take out your lack of comprehension on the O.P. as if it’s their problem and expect them to love your limited version of the truth.
Re: How Udala Can Be Used by Probz(m): 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
No offence, like.
Re: How Udala Can Be Used by poshestmina(f): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
Na wa cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: How Udala Can Be Used by Menace2Society(m): 1:01am On Jun 08, 2022
What's this one saying?go rest ok
Re: How Udala Can Be Used by Probz(m): 3:44am On Jun 09, 2022
Menace2Society:
What's this one saying?go rest ok

And what’s this illiterate idiot saying here?

Commot for thread. Before someone go use cutlass to break your silly head. Anuofia.
Re: How Udala Can Be Used by Probz(m): 3:45am On Jun 09, 2022
Any other illiterate looking to roll up a storm with me, just know that e no go end well for you. At all. I don’t tolerate that kind of nonsense. If you can’t read, get to Bleep and go do something else with your time. Your illiteracy and stupidity are not my problem.
Re: How Udala Can Be Used by Menace2Society(m): 9:46am On Jun 10, 2022
Probz:

And what’s this illiterate idiot saying here?

Commot for thread. Before someone go use cutlass to break your silly head. Anuofia.
Na your fada be that nah u this stupid rat lol
Re: How Udala Can Be Used by Probz(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2022
Menace2Society:
Na your fada be that nah u this stupid rat lol

I wouldn’t be so quick to toss around the word stupid and other lame insults when I (you) can’t even spell. Go back to school, g.

(1) (Reply)

Any Good Angolan Restaurants In Abuja? / White Soup? / Pot Of Stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.