Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) (3244 Views)

My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms / My Journey Into Svelte Development / My Journey Into React Native (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
Dawn uses a lot of Custom Elements that way, most if it simply querys the content of Component and attaches all the neccessary events and DOM manipulation to the element.

NOTE

Shopify Theme Development has tons of things to take into consideration.

1. Inspector / Theme Designer Mode
2. Use of App Blocks or not
3. Custom Element / Framework and minimal code junk.

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2022
Update Log:

* New Shopify version synced
* Created private repo for Shopify theme
* Updated Shopify Config
* Studying Shopify.dev Architecture

A lot of feat for Shopify theme is not development, but the intention of the development of the store, designing is easy, but designing a specific
store for a specific niche.

This Theme is called Retani Shopify Kit, because Retani is the company name, but I believe it is better to have a base generic theme from that Figma, which other themes can derive from it, than re-building all over:

My aim:
* Configurable
* Extensible
* Customizable ( Theme Config)
* Custom 3rd party Components for eCommerce

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Eniwealth23: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
@qtguru Bro please I need your help with my upwork account. Please can you reach me on Whatsapp let's talk 08131302177. You once reviewed my account and you said it's good but i need to work on the aesthetics which I've done. I've done a few interviews but still no job. I've been on this for too long please. I'm into UX/UI and webflow. Thank you.
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
Eniwealth23:
@qtguru Bro please I need your help with my upwork account. Please can you reach me on Whatsapp let's talk 08131302177. You once reviewed my account and you said it's good but i need to work on the aesthetics which I've done. I've done a few interviews but still no job. I've been on this for too long please. I'm into UX/UI and webflow. Thank you.
Post your profile in the Upworks thread and copy me there
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Glowchi: 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hello, please is there anyone who can help me with upwork verification?
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Greisoncarlens: 11:29am On Aug 13, 2022
qtguru:
Update Log:

* New Shopify version synced
* Created private repo for Shopify theme
* Updated Shopify Config
* Studying Shopify.dev Architecture

A lot of feat for Shopify theme is not development, but the intention of the development of the store, designing is easy, but designing a specific
store for a specific niche.

This Theme is called Retani Shopify Kit, because Retani is the company name, but I believe it is better to have a base generic theme from that Figma, which other themes can derive from it, than re-building all over:

My aim:
* Configurable
* Extensible
* Customizable ( Theme Config)
* Custom 3rd party Components for eCommerce

Have you tried Storetasker for shopify gigs

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 5:45pm On Aug 13, 2022
Greisoncarlens:
Have you tried Storetasker for shopify gigs

Thanks so much I will check it out
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
WIP

I migrated to Manifest Version 3 and updated some code. it's still not working.

Why ?

Has to do with chrome.runtime failing, so someone at SO mentioned injecting the script into the dom. it's all confusing because naturally a ContentScript has access to the DOM, and chrome.runtime.*, it failing makes no sense. cry

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Fourpockets: 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2022
qtguru:
WIP

I migrated to Manifest Version 3 and updated some code. it's still not working.

Why ?

Has to do with chrome.runtime failing, so someone at SO mentioned injecting the script into the dom. it's all confusing because naturally a ContentScript has access to the DOM, and chrome.runtime.*, it failing makes no sense. cry

Good afternoon, I was thinking of learning wordpress for freelancing on Upwork (frontend), do you know where I can get good source about wordpress
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2022
Fourpockets:

Good afternoon, I was thinking of learning wordpress for freelancing on Upwork (frontend), do you know where I can get good source about wordpress

Are you are a programmer ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhiMRbmQg7o

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Fourpockets: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
qtguru:

Are you are a programmer ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhiMRbmQg7o

Yes, and I'm currently learning react
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by FamousDaniel(m): 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
Glowchi:
Hello, please is there anyone who can help me with upwork verification?

Yes read my blog post on getting approved on Upwork https://business2win.com/how-to-get-approved-on-upwork-in-2022/
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
Closed Thread read article on
dojovader.github.io
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Biodex58(m): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
Good Day Boss,I want to discuss something important with you, can I pm you sir?
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Littlemom2021: 10:01am On Dec 07, 2022
qtguru:
This is another journey but for Shopify, while I have Shopify Knowledge and JavaScript Knowledge, I have never designed a Shopify template in my life, despite knowing I can design one.

Liquid and Mustache are similar templating engines, whereas the latter exists in Moodle Development, and Django Developers will also be familiar with this templating syntax.

We currently have developed a UI Kit for Shopify and we are currently selling it, by We, I mean the Designer as I consulted with him and instructed him to create a Shopify UI Kit so he could sell it, and we can use the same kit to develop Shopify Templates.

In the coming time, I will document my journey into Shopify Development

I think it will be an interesting additional journal for others.

Follow the update.

[b]Note: [/b]You can survive on just being a Shopify Partner and not having to work for anyone but yourself.

Sir I have replied to your email please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Data Science Or Data Engineering / 10 Of The Best Programming Fonts / Payment System Integration Webpay(interswitch) With Php

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.