Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country (666 Views)

Kim Young-Chae To Nigeria: You Don’t Need Foreign Help To Solve Insecurity / Sacking Service Chiefs Won’t Solve Insecurity – Pastor Adeboye / I Will Establish National Guard To Solve Insecurity Problem Says Olawepo-hashim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
Perhaps the reason we have so much crime is because the criminals are very confident their victims would be defenceless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by wis3(m): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Perhaps the reason we have so much crime is because the criminals are very confident their victims would be defenceless.
It cannot work in a setting like ours. Someone will just wake up one day and kill his neighbor and he'll claim he acted in self-defense.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Jashub: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2022
wis3:
It cannot work in a setting like ours. Someone will just wake up one day and kill his neighbor and he'll claim he acted in self-defense.
You're just talking rubbish. If I have a gun and you have a gun fear will not let you think of coming to attack me . And if even it comes to that , it will be a case of who is faster .

1 Like

Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by oz4real83(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2022
North Korea has been boasting since time immemorial to use nuclear weapons to bomb South Korea but they haven't done that all because South Korea also has Nuclear weapons, same thing with Pakistan and india. The reason why these terrorists and other criminals are reigning in Nigeria is because the Failed govt hasn't allow everybody to carry weapons. No matter the disadvantages that will bring, a criminal coming to attack you with a dane gun will think twice when he knows you have an AK 47 at home. Terrorists living in the forests and attacking farmers will receive automatic sense when farmers go to their farms with AR-15 or an Uzzi undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Omoslim26: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
You look finish sleep with abobi girlfriend wey him don spend better money untop, abobi get gun,him go blow your head oo cheesy
Country like Nija wey hunger dey reign supreme no suppose legalize gun oo
Remember an hungry man is an angry man.
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Fernandeswagger(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2022
LordVoldermort:

You have a very valid point.

If criminals know they'll face armed people, they'll certainly think twice plus the success rate of armed attacks would be greatly reduced.

Nigerians should be allowed to bear arms. It's obvious the criminals are having a field day as the govt has failed in providing security.

1 Like

Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2022
it would...but sadly there are too many mad people in Nigeria already.
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by wis3(m): 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jashub:
You're just talking rubbish. If I have a gun and you have a gun fear will not let you think of coming to attack me . And if even it comes to that , it will be a case of who is faster .
I'll wait till you're at an disadvantage. The element of surprise; catch you unexpected.
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by barbstee(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
It'll rather worsen it.

1 Like

Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Jashub: 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
wis3:
I'll wait till you're at an disadvantage. The element of surprise; catch you unexpected.
Bros, that's your own thinking strategy, but do you know my own ? If not, then you're just deceiving yourself undecided
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by wis3(m): 5:47pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jashub:
Bros, that's your own thinking strategy, do you know my own ? undecided
Remember, you're attacker might even be two steps ahead of you. If you plan smart, he might plan even smarter.
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by barbstee(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jashub:

Learn to air your opinion without insult
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by wis3(m): 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2022
oz4real83:
North Korea has been boasting since time immemorial to use nuclear weapons to bomb South Korea but they haven't done that all because South Korea also has Nuclear weapons, same thing with Pakistan and india. The reason why these terrorists and other criminals are reigning in Nigeria is because the Failed govt hasn't allow everybody to carry weapons. No matter the disadvantages that will bring, a criminal coming to attack you with a dane gun will think twice when he knows you have an AK 47 at home. Terrorists living in the forests and attacking farmers will receive automatic sense when farmers go to their farms with AR-15 or an Uzzi undecided
these are just simple scenarios you're making up in your head. It's not that easy. Things would get out of hands. With people killing people we'd now have factions and people forming groups so they can look out for each other. On the other hand. Why can't why have a world where there are no wars, no guns, no WMDs?
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Jashub: 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2022
wis3:
Remember, you're attacker might even be two steps ahead of you. If you plan smart, he might plan even smarter.
That's your assumption, not mine.
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by christistruth01: 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
Gun Rights will escalate Chaos unless the guns are signed to Traditional Rulers or LG Chaiman who would then be held responsible for how his vigilante uses it

Eg Each local Govt Chairman can have 100 guns to Secure his Domain anything.more then the Police and Civil Defense would be there to Supervise and help
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by oz4real83(m): 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2022
wis3:
these are just simple scenarios you're making up in your head. It's not that easy. Things would get out of hands. With people killing people we'd now have factions and people forming groups so they can look out for each other. On the other hand. Why can't why have a world where there are no wars, no guns, no WMDs?
greed and sheer wickedness won't allow the world to be a perfect place as you are projecting. In a situation that kind of world isn't possible, we just have to make better use of a bad situation. For instance, the world as it is now the weapons are mostly in the hands of the wicked people and the good people are the ones suffering. But when you arm the good people with weapons, the scenario changes, they now have their own lives in their own hands, not in the hands of a failed govt and its institutions. Even if the good people continue dying, as least they were given a chance to save themselves by themselves against the wicked people instead of depending on a govt that doesn't care.
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jashub:

You did not make sense go buy brain before the gun
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by wis3(m): 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
oz4real83:
greed and sheer wickedness won't allow the world to be a perfect place as you are projecting. In a situation that kind of world isn't possible, we just have to make better use of a bad situation. For instance, the world as it is now the weapons are mostly in the hands of the wicked people and the good people are the ones suffering. But when you arm the good people with weapons, the scenario changes, they now have their own lives in their own hands, not in the hands of a failed govt and its institutions. Even if the good people continue dying, as least they were given a chance to save themselves by themselves against the wicked people instead of depending on a govt that doesn't care.
I understand the angle you're coming from but it's going to be chaos if everyone is allowed to own a gun. Take the US for example where there's so many cases of mass shooting where one person could wake up one day and kill dozens of people at schools, gatherings, events. This is US as developed as it is how much more in Nigeria where we have religious fanatics, cultists. It is a recipe for disaster.
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Jashub: 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
cefezyA:

You did not make sense go buy brain before the gun
It's not suppose to make sense to people like you .
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jashub:
It's not suppose to make sense to people like you .
I guess when they give you the right to have a gun it will be your wife that will pull the trigger on your head
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Jashub: 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
cefezyA:

I guess when they give you the right to have a gun it will be your wife that will pull the trigger on your head
If that's how your shallow-mentality interprets things then who am I to stop your new found negativity
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jashub:
If that's how your shallow-mentality interprets things then who am I to stop your new found negativity
How often did you obey traffic rules? Be honest
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Jashub: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2022
cefezyA:

How often did you obey traffic rules? Be honest
You're asking a wrong question in wrong case scenario . Hope you know that undecided
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jashub:
You're asking a wrong question in wrong case scenario . Hope you know that undecided
In a scenario where a country 98% can not obey traffic rules should not be allowed to have gun right hope you understand me now
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Jashub: 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2022
cefezyA:

In a scenario where a country 98% can not obey traffic rules should not be allowed to have gun right hope you understand me now
You're still not making sense . How's that a yardstick in determining how people should secure their lives and properties? Now you can see why I said wrong question in a wrong case scenarioundecided
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by porka: 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
wis3:
I understand the angle you're coming from but it's going to be chaos if everyone is allowed to own a gun. Take the US for example where there's so many cases of mass shooting where one person could wake up one day and kill dozens of people at schools, gatherings, events. This is US as developed as it is how much more in Nigeria where we have religious fanatics, cultists. It is a recipe for disaster.

Are we not having mass shootings now?

What further disaster can a country have than few gunmen killing over 80 people who went to worship their God in a church?

You people only mention US because you do not have understanding.
Criminals don't get arms legally. They will always get it no matter what you do.

The 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution allows an establishment of a militia to defend the citizens against their government's tyranny (in case it arises).

And why are you no mentioning Switzerland?

Firearm possession is legal in Ghana, in Chad, why are neigbours not killing themselves in those countries?

1 Like

Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by porka: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2022
christistruth01:
Gun Rights will escalate Chaos unless the guns are signed to Traditional Rulers or LG Chaiman who would then be held responsible for how his vigilante uses it

Eg Each local Govt Chairman can have 100 guns to Secure his Domain anything.more then the Police and Civil Defense would be there to Supervise and help

How will they escalate chaos?

Are people not having possession of knives now?

There are knife attacks every time in the UK and many parts of Europe, why can't they sign knife possession to Queen Elizabeth II.

Acid is sold in the open market even now without any traditional ruler guaranteeing anything.

Does it also mean that people with Dane guns for hunting currently are signed to LG chairmen now?

1 Like

Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jashub:
You're still not making sense . How's that a yardstick in determining how people should secure their lives and properties? Now you can see why I said wrong question in a wrong case scenarioundecided
If you can't obey traffic rules is it a gun rule you will obey even the so-called police and the military abuse the use of their guns
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Tell me that the police stations are defenceless and military camps and post are defenceless
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by christistruth01: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
porka:

How will they escalate chaos?

Are people not having possession of knives now?

There are knife attacks every time in the UK and many parts of Europe, why can't they sign knife possession to Queen Elizabeth II.

Acid is sold in the open market even now without any traditional ruler guaranteeing anything.

Does it also mean that people with Dane guns for hunting currently are signed to LG chairmen now?

Imagine if those with knives had guns instead that would be terrible
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
oz4real83:
the same way they no that the military camps, police stations and check point don't have ak47s
Re: I Think Gun Rights Might Solve Insecurity In This Country by Perfectbeing(m): 10:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
Imagine US with all their CCTVs and well equipped police and laws finding it hard to stop gun related crimes.
A place like the US would have caught those people that massacred people in the church in Owo cos they are systems in place for such occurrence. But here in Nigeria, with no CCTV such things can be happening everyday and the police will have no idea on who the culprits are.

For those saying that criminals will think twice before attacking you if they know you have a gun.. Imagine if you're are criminal yourself and you know your neighbor have a gun and you want to rob or kill him, what are the chances that you won't succeed if you use the element of surprise??
Imagine you robbing your next door neighbor right now and he doesn't have the faintest idea of what you want to do. Even with his gun, you still have the upper hand..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Negotiating His Way Into Apc / Senate Awards Kalu As "Overall Best Senator" In Constituency Projects / You Lack Self Control, You Are Obidient To ME!- Omokri To Obi Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.