Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race (28489 Views)

Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race After Raising ₦83.2 Million / #EndSARS: Adamu Garba Withdraws Lawsuit Against Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey / Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Maxymilliano(m): 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2022
A former chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, who abandoned the party over the cost of its Expression of Interest and Nomination forms, Adamu Garba, has suspended his presidential aspiration in the 2023 general election.

Adamu after leaving the APC joined the Young Progressives Party where he picked the presidential Expression of Interest form.

He, however, announced the suspension of his presidential aspiration on Tuesday.

Adamu said, “Fellow Nigerians, in line with my aspiration for the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the coming 2023 general election, we have identified some critical factors which are currently at odds with our aspirations and desire to bring about positive change to the Nigerian political space. Below are the most critical among the identified factors;

“There is a need for widespread consultation and rally of the interest of the country’s stakeholders, nationwide. This we did not achieve to some satisfaction.

“Nigerian Youth, whose agenda is what I am projecting is mostly disconnected and in silos, there is a need for proper networking among us, to build a network of like-minds, that genuinely care for Nigeria within the Youth constituency. This will require a longer time and nationwide consultation, and interest. building/alignment with stronger bonding among all classes of the Youth.

“There is a need for developing a structure that will ensure a pool of resources across board for us to succeed in our journey to the office of the President.

“In view of the above, we have decided to suspend our aspiration for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the coming 2023 general elections.

“I have made this decision after consulting with my closest associates, friends, family and other high-level stakeholders and elder statesmen within and outside the country.

“These three constraints, which are evidently clear for all to see, are deep-rooted issues that require our collective action to address over a longer period of time. It could not have been done within the eight months on the campaign trail.

It is with this in mind, based on facts, that I must drop my intention to aspire for the office of the President in the coming 2023 election while opening a new chapter of working hard with critical stakeholders, the network of like-minds, with mutual trust and understanding among the youth across the country while building a resource domain.

“It may be comatose for me to take on the aspirations after identifying genuine gaps that are caused by the circumstances within our limitations. It may not be good to raise the hope and interest of the young people high, while in fact, there are instrumentations that needs to be put in place before we proceed.

“I have made it categorically clear that my only interest in Nigerian Politics is in the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am therefore not going to change my stance on this, however, the factors highlighted above tell me it will be the election cycle, but not the coming 2023 general elections.

“I promise you that I will carry you along on all issues related to my desire for the greatness of this country. I must also have the courage to face the facts on the ground which might affect the campaign and accept it even if it goes contrary to my personal interest.”

The former presidential aspirant added that he would prioritise the interest of the youths.

He said, “To all Nigerian Youth; male or female; I am coming for you. I will reach out to you. We will all have to work together to deliver a greater Nigeria.

“We must not relent, we must not demur, we must not give up. We will all have the country of our dream in Nigeria.

“The Nigerian Project is the Project that everyone is required to put his/her hands on the desk to ensure we deliver for the future generations of Nigerians. We are just starting. Let’s continue with the movement to make Nigeria great.”

Copyright PUNCH.

https://punchng.com/adamu-garba-withdraws-from-presidential-race/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1654632908

1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by MadamVanessa(f): 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
shocked

As if this inconsequential headslammèr had any impact.

Failed app developer

Failed politician

All round failure.

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by DriverX: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2022
Useless facts

9 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by PrinceOfLagos: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2022
Seems like he wanna run back to APC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Ebubu: 9:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
Gedeme002:
Lmao

Mr app
grin

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by iCauseTrouble: 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
What kind of husband and wife is this?

87 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Mikelarteta(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
Who takes this one serious before. He just Dey find name he will contest house of rep next election.

8 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by AsomArchitectNG(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu have been talking for more than 10 minutes , he’s suppose to be stating his plans for Nigerians but he hasn’t been able to state one clear vision for this country…Mehn! We honestly do not deserve another clueless president. We won’t survive the next 8 years with an aged , mentality weak and visionless president. Please guys go get your PVCs!.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Zico5(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
I don't know it's that fool. He wan rival Jagaban. Won kere si number wa.

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by nairavsdollars(f): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
Useless entity. Who takes him serious
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by AMGBoss(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
You're not relevant before.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by ProfAmaben(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
We're you the one Druggie was referring to?

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
Who ur withdrawal help you can't even win a ward in the presidential election

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Kezifils(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
So him snap this pix upload am online?

Scary shocked
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by GoshenNLA(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
So far you be Aboki, we don’t care,
Star boy only�
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by richidinho(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
How many times is he withdrawing from this race sef

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Maxymilliano(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
Adamu the joker no one takes him serious anymore
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Viicfuntop(f): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
No one gives a shit grin

A vote for Tinubu is an acceptance of unnecessary taxing. One thing is certain in his presidency. Nigerians will be heavily taxed and there will be development of tollgates in all the streets.
If you want to go to the next street, you will Pay leggediz Benz tollgate fee. grin cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Gkay1(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
When will tinubu step down for osinbajo
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by GuyWise101(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Who would have voted for this idiot kwanu
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by sotall(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
undecided

This unstable mumu didn't have any chance of becoming the president of slump.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Dozie32(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
Northerners will always be northerners
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Pidginwhisper: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
Which one?
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by chatinent: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
Not like he can win any presidential vote tho
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by BabaIbo: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
Joker!
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Kenneth4u205(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
I almost thought it the consexual APC chairman Adamu
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Offpoint1: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2022
G
Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by biafranrealson: 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
What of the 83m donated

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race by Alapojames: 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
One by one, them don they go

He should focus on his app

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Daughter Set To Wed / #ENDSARS: Only White Paper Report Can Confirm Alleged Lekki Killing – CDS Irabor / Court Reads Ojukwu's Will, Bianca Gets Lion Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.