Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency (92453 Views)

Nigeria Decides: The Look On Aisha Buhari's Face After Buhari Voted (pic) / The Look On Buhari’s Face As He Boards Presidential Jet (Photos) / See The Look On Buhari's Face As Amosun Begs The Angry Crowd At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency by Ikpeabujo(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2022
aribisala0:
Well let us talk fairness and equity . If what you say is true should Ibos not be reaching out to people and be nice to them?
I am talking in the political arena. Have Ibos been fair to Yorubas? Right from independence Ibos have been antagonistic to Yoruba interest and never take responsibility for their choices.
The moment you acknowledge that Ibos will not go far without Yoruba support the better BUT Yoruba have no reason to trust you and you feel the same . You have always supported the Fulani as you did
in 1960,1965 ( even jailing Awolowo and splitting the Western Region while leaving the East unbroken)
Again You supported Fulani in 1979,1983 and in 1993 against Abiola

Your attitude is if we cannot have it the Yoruba must not let the north keep it.
Well that may work for a while but eventually it will come south and the Fulani will never support you.
So do some soul searching and determine which is the better evil for your interests
that you are good with English words does not make your statement right in any way, only the truth can set you free ..... everything bad in Nigeria is done by the Igbos
From your point Yoruba are saint..... one thing that I'm very sure is that we are never meant to be together in one country.... your point is useless to me
Re: Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency by Pacesetter123(m): 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2022
aribisala0:

You people keep repeating the same line and block yourselves to reason .
West have not tasted anything in our opinion

One Person = Obasanjo was installed by the MILITARY because he is one of them.
The SW did not support him and he did not get 25% even in his own state or any other SW state.
The Key issue is that the military ANNULLED MKO Abiola's victory and there was no way of moving forward without that.
MKO won his victory without anyone stepping down for him and not by any turn by turn arrangement

So when you put forward your argument and want to be heard also listen to others.
In your minds if Yoruba have it once you must have it without contest. That is not reasonable.
It makes sense to you but learn to see other's view point.
Imagine what it would feel like if one of you was treated like Abiola and also many Ibos supported it .
There has only been one elected president of Yoruba origin and that is not enough to justify everyone stepping down for you in 2023. Stop this ridiculous envy. Go and compete and win have the victory annulled for no reason them come let us discuss
Ibo politicians have always seen themselves as too big to bow for anyone well they need to learn a different approach from the old "if we can't have the baby divide with a sword approach". Politically Yoruba have NO REASON to do Ibos any favours going on history/antecedents.
Well,it is ur personal opinion though which u r entitled to it.
But you seemed to be deviating from the line of argument.
You were talking about making sacrifice and contribution to formation and installation of APC regime at the federal level.That none of Ibo politicians has done that, except may be Okorocha.
That the rest just defected to APC on the eve of the election and expect the party tickets to be zoned to them.
I was then trying to correct u from that wrong impression by using Onu as an example.

Talking about OBJ being installed by the military as compensation for June 12th annulment,does that stop him from being a South Westerner?
You also said Ibos does not deserve any favour from yorubas.
I am not advocating for any favour from you people to them, neither do they themselves asking you people for favour.
All that I am saying is that,PDP and APC claimed to have power rotation principle between North and South in their constitutions.
If so,for equity sake,that the zone in the South that have not tasted it yet is the East and as such, justice, fairness and equity demand that the party tickets in the two main political parties should have been zoned to them.So it is not a favour.
Re: Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency by Taba21: 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
Bornbiafra:
For the world to see the level of hatred he has for the south easth ,south south

Mumu why not concentrate on your cursed Biafra south east
Re: Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency by Holidetiroja: 11:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
adecz:
undecided

⏩⏩Igbo want the presidency handed
to them on a platter without making
any political sacrifice.

Obasanjo's coming to power in 1999 was
as a beneficiary of the sacrifice his
fellow Yoruba, MKO Abiola made.✔️✔️☑️

Buhari coming to power was partially
because of his 3 times, I2 years struggle, campaign, and legal battles with the
then ruling PDP.

Today again, Yoruba are well positioned
for presidency in the APC because of the
political calculation & financial sacrifice
they made in creating APC and bringing
a president to power. Apart from Amaechi,
no prominent person of Igbo extraction
was in the APC at creation or made any
reasonable contribution to its emergence.

In its year of coming to power, in 2015,
the APC was totally rejected by the Igbo at the polls, Apart from Okorocha who managed to
squeeze in a governorship mandate. In
my opinion, Owelle Rocha's should have
been better treated by APC ( Oshiomole to
blame though). To my mind, Rochas is one of
the few Igbo men with name recognition, who can be accepted by other regions. ☹️☹️☹️☹️

Now that APC is in power, PDP members
of Igbo extraction that have completed
various governorship terms have decamped
to APC to come and contest for president,
and crying marginalization.

Truth is, there is no single Igbo man that
Igbos will rally under if he wins a presidential
primary. We all know that petitions and
rejection that the Igbo visited at the
emergence of Peter Obi as Atiku's VP
candidate in 2019 polls.❌❌❌❌
U are taking jargon,did west support obj,

Re: Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency by Oplomo: 8:19am On Jun 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Only in NIGERIA will an individual CRY for presidential aspiration or zonal allocation.

Based on what? undecided

According to Emi Le Kan, even Buhari CRIED on national TV.

If it was out of patriotism, I would have understood.

Selfish ijjjjjiots!

Madam evening newspaper and her unending lamentations wey no dey finish.

Diagnosis----> Sexual frustration.. grin
Re: Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency by aribisala0(m): 9:22am On Jun 09, 2022
Pacesetter123:

Well,it is ur personal opinion though which u r entitled to it.
But you seemed to be deviating from the line of argument.
You were talking about making sacrifice and contribution to formation and installation of APC regime at the federal level.That none of Ibo politicians has done that, except may be Okorocha.
That the rest just defected to APC on the eve of the election and expect the party tickets to be zoned to them.
I was then trying to correct u from that wrong impression by using Onu as an example.

Falsehood
I never said anything like that.
Why are you so at ease with lying

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Sees Tinubu And Akande Off In London After Their Visit (Photos) / People That Will Feel The Additional 14 Days Lockdown By The President / #EndSARS: Meet Prince Nicholas Makolomi Whose Viral Video Sparked Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.