Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? (522 Views)

Does ALX Software Engineering Really Worth It? / What Is Data Science And Its Application / Is Data Science Worth Learning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? by Vanzcharles(m): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2022
I want to know if it is really worth it, how much time would i dedicate in learning this, any guide here or any data analysts or scientist in the house.
i am really bored and tired of being dependent and i eally want to develop an it skill ( WITHIN 3 MONTHS).
i would appreciate comments from data analysts and scientist.
Re: Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? by airsaylongcome: 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2022
Not a DS professional so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

3 months is insufficient to become competent in Data Analytics or Data Science. Unless you have prior experience and are looking to brush up. The set of tools required to gain competence are very technical and very involved.
Re: Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? by dawnomike(m): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2022
Vanzcharles:
I want to know if it is really worth it, how much time would i dedicate in learning this, any guide here or any data analysts or scientist in the house.
i am really bored and tired of being dependent and i eally want to develop an it skill ( WITHIN 3 MONTHS).
i would appreciate comments from data analysts and scientist.
It is a very viable 'skill' to pick up, especially, outside the shores of Nigeria.

3 months is not sufficient to learn data analysis... It is a career in it's own right

1 Like

Re: Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? by Vanzcharles(m): 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

3 months is insufficient to become competent in Data Analytics or Data Science. Unless you have prior experience and are looking to brush up. The set of tools required to gain competence are very technical and very involved.

Thanks a lot, so for how long do you think one can dedicate his time to be good at it. I know we learn everyday.
Re: Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? by Vanzcharles(m): 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2022
dawnomike:
It is a very viable 'skill' to pick up, especially, outside the shores of Nigeria.

3 months is not sufficient to learn data analysis... It is a career in it's own right

Okay are you a data scientist? Does that mean it might not be useful here in Nigeria? Can one see opportunities outside the shores of Nigeria(online).
Re: Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? by jesmond3945: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2022
Vanzcharles:

Okay are you a data scientist? Does that mean it might not be useful here in Nigeria? Can one see opportunities outside the shores of Nigeria(online).
yes there are opportunities. However, like they said you need like 2 to 3 years to be confident. Go to kaggle dot com and look at projects to practice with. Learn data pipelines, machine learning and etl. Practice with pycharm everyday. To see your plots use the terminal.

2 Likes

Re: Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? by Harrykn: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
jesmond3945:
yes there are opportunities. However, like they said you need like 2 to 3 years to be confident. Go to kaggle dot com and look at projects to practice with. Learn data pipelines, machine learning and etl. Practice with pycharm everyday. To see your plots use the terminal.
Remain him to do that in his father’s house too so he’ll only spend heavily on data.
Op if you be street, look for a physical job ASAP

1 Like

Re: Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? by willian10: 1:33am On Jun 09, 2022
jesmond3945:
I don’t know about data science, but data analysis can be learnt within 8 months if he doesn’t have any other job. If he’s fully committed to it.

1 Like

Re: Guys! Help I Am In Afix. Is Data Analytics/science Really Worth It? by AgentGoat: 11:11am On Jun 09, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I wish there's a conventional university running data science. I won't mind putting the years to become good. Nothing good comes easy. Becoming good in a field is not a 3 months deals.

(1) (Reply)

Why HTML Is Loved For Website Creation / Diary Of Building A Bespoke Software Development Shop / Rate My Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.