Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,053 members, 7,953,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? (18306 Views)

See The Food Given to my daughter today in school by Government. / Meet 3 Female Nigerian Mechanics Who Shuttle Between School And Work(photos) / What Was Your Nickname In Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2022
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by ify0000(m): 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2022
Mine was shine shine bobo cus I was always Neat n sharp!

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Bkchoixe: 8:18pm On Jun 08, 2022
dey call me akpola bcus of my shoe

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by tonididdy(m): 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
Calabar

I grew up in PH city, moved to my state of origin-Edo for WAEC and I got the name cos of my pronunciation of some words grin

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by hopexter(m): 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
ifecorepublic:
Eke, meaning Python because of my height... grin

It’s not cos of your height, it’s cos you’re a snake grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by SarkinYarki: 8:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
Brig's
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Allisgud: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2022
It was in my pry 6 I was given a nick name,we were treating a subject base on countries currency,by mentioning dollars,euro,cedis,naira,durchmark,so I was ask later wats the currency of Denmark I don forget,so when I remember I shouted dogyansh

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by BabaCommander: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2022
Mine was 2 names actually.

The godfather because I was a strict class captain.
When I became the school's senior prefect they changed it to general commander.

Nigerians just hate disclpline and disciplinarians.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by porthouse7(f): 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
Gubioma:
Dan Borno.....
Big lie
Shikenan nagode
it actually jakoba
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
In senior secondary school, I was called "Ozil". They said it was because I walked too fast.

Now in Uni, my friends call me "Boress".
Reason: I walk faster than my height....lol
I 'm a 5'2.

But no be my fault that I walk very fast, I learnt it from my dad.
Back in the days, he always took me to school. Since my dad is very tall and had long legs, I find it hard matching his pace. I always have to run or jog to keep up with him. Since then till now, it 's still part of me.
Some people would see me walking and would be wondering where the hell I 'm rushing to.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Allisgud: 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
It was in my pry 6 I was given a nick name,we were treating a subject base on countries currency,by mentioning dollars,euro,cedis,naira,durchmark,so I was ask later wats the currency of Denmark I don forget,so when I remember I shouted dogyansh everybody burst laff

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by 40fy: 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2022

**Skibo!!

**TARPAULIN!! Cuz my school uniform was super-thick!!

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by jojothaiv(m): 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2022
JOJO

Got it from a Yoruba Literature Text back in JS2 or so. Ajuwon High School memories was bliss...
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Olayiwola1425: 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2022
I was in Jss 2 back then in gdss ilorin when Agric teacher ask me to name the micro organism I know . Immediately I stood up and mentioned "Bacteria" since that day my classmates have been calling me bacteria up till now though I have been rejecting it oooooo cus the thing pain me like mad

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by cayorday89(m): 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2022
Chidimba:
Mine started way back in pre nursery or primary school. My school proprietress was yoruba and she always pronounces my name Shidi (in stead of Chidi). So any time my mum comes around to ask after me she will say 'Shidi is OK'. My class mates heard and tot she said Shidi so ke. In yoruba it means open your yansh. My people na so the name follow me all through primary and secondary school.
This is quite funny, any Igbo guy with the name 'Chidioke' in my area then always ends up with the Yoruba version of 'shidi so ke'.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Scholarshipint: 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2022
2022 Massey University Master's Research International Scholarship in New Zealand This is a scholarship for postgraduate studies. You'll have finished the course portion of your master's degree and will be moving on to the research phase.

Click Here
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by hopexter(m): 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2022
davimus:
I was called brostitude

Because people pay you to service you grin grin grin
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Immanuelsnr: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
chariisGRACE:
I was given 3 minutes grin

The reason was because:

Back then in GCDC, PH, we were taking a test of which I was the first to finish the test.

On submitting the answer sheet, I went back to my sit, brought out my notebook from my school bag to check if the answers I gave were correct.

After checking them, on returning the notebook, the teacher saw me, and he asked me to come out and kneel down (he taught that I was returning my 'intel chip') grin after which 6 strokes landed on my back with instructions that I must rewrite the test.

Lemme quote him.

"Go back to your sit, tear out a sheet of paper. I give you 3 MINUTES to submit..."

From that day...

How about you, how did it start? grin
I was called China , they gave me that name because they said anywhere China phone dey , they must no through it voice, I always dey stubborn, and I dey patrol classes then in secondary school, still bear the name till now
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
Iron man grin
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by onuwaje(m): 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
Primary School i was called Giwa Amu - thr proprietress was trying to explain something to a parent in Anger and instead of mentioning my name Gbubemi she said Giwa Amu. Horrendous 3 years for me.

When i got to FGC Warri i was called Scotty because i looked like the wrestler then.

Uni till date i had to shorten my name to Bemi.......

So when my primary school folks see me they call me Giwa Amu

Secondary school folks call me Scotty

Uni and every other calls me Bemi
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Gubioma: 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
porthouse7:
it actually jakoba
Dan Borno.....
Hhhhh just DM me i should carry u to Maiduguri
Shikenan Nagode
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by derecho(m): 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
Bantutu /ba ni tutu/ (meet it cold)..
Stargangz:
Mine is 'Bantutu' back then in the 90s at Demonstration Secondary School Ondo City. Na my house master give me that name, no matter how hot a food is, I go chop am, within a twinkling of an eye the food don finish, he always marvel seeing me eat, always shaking his head and smile. Up till now I dont understand the meaning. Till tomorow, My old school pals still dey call me 'Bantutu'.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
Ezedon:
JAGABAN.
I convert people's property to my own personal property..
You're not better than the thief thief people wey dey worry your country. Una started too early to dey steal; been dey think say the thing started today..
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Schprobs: 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
School problem
The class was only peaceful when am not around. But I chop beating no be small
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
Mendobo
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
Professor

I was busy writing useless and senseless scientific theories then

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by phrex(m): 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
Governmemt rat... Coz i was short and on scholarship

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by derecho(m): 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2022
Very hilarious thread but the funniest nicknames I read were "Aboki pikin" and "Calabar"... Prolly because of the simple reasons attached to them.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Loverboi2cute(m): 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2022
bedsheet
cause i had a school bag dat spreads widely like a bed spread

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Error401: 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2022
chariisGRACE:
I was given 3 minutes grin

grin
YARADUA
I was frail and was so sad the day yaradua died!. I knew we lost a good leader even when I was so young

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB/UME 2012 Exam Date: Shifted/Postponed? / 1,272 Fail Nigerian Law School Exam / FG Approves Edwin Clark's Varsity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.