Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? (655 Views)

El-Rufai: Buhari Was Shocked When Lawan Was Named APC Anointed Candidate (Video) / El-Rufai’s Team Where Anointed Candidate Will Be Picked From Unveiled / 2023: Udom Presents Umo Eno As ‘God Anointed’ Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by NaijaCowFarm: 3:54am On Jun 09, 2022
The APC national convention has come and gone, I still wonder what happened that Buhari was not able to anoint his preferred candidate.
Either Buhari was being maradonic with most of the aspirants or he was aloof and lost focus as usual. This is because I do not understand how people would open their clear eyes and throw away N100m, with some even losing their ministerial appointment for nothing.

Let us look at it this way. Buhari may have actually promised some folks that he would support their presidential ambition. I mean, what would have given the likes of Osinbajo, Amaechi, Ogbonnaya Onu, Emeka Ihejiuba, Tunde Barake, and Godwin Emefiele the impetus to dole out N100m if nothing was promised them?

Yemi Osinbajo would not naturally be bold enough to stand against Awiwaju Bola Tinubu if Buhari did not assure him of his support. Neither would Amaechi, Onu, Ihejiuba, Akpabio and other ministers just leave the office for a wild-goose chase except Buhari promised them. Now following the message from Emeka Ihejiuba, I can conjecture the following:

1. Buhari, in his characteristic forgetfulness may have assured these people individually of his support without recalling what he promised. He even touted a preferred candidate that was never revealed.

2. Buhari may have assured multiple people of his anointing oil that never existed or only existed in the figment of the Aso rock "cabal".

3. Buhari may have jettisoned the preferred candidate option as a result of the outcome of the PDP primaries.

4, The Fulani have conspired to hold on to power beyond 2023 albeit for another 8 years, courtesy of an Atiku presidency.

Be that as it may, the following are the big losers:

Tunde Bakare, he now knows that he has zero support for his hallucination and bad dreams of becoming Nigeria's president. I guess he would have enough time now to research his Bible to understand when the rapture will happen.

Yemi Osinbajo, I am sorry that Yemi did not make it. Obviously, no one gave him any chance except that his vociferous media team was harping on Buhari's support. Even the last-minute push through the religious angle could not save him. As it stands now, Yemi will now return to his chamber as he is totally and absolutely finished politically.

Former ministers Ogbonnaya Onu, Emeka Ihejiuba, Rotimi Amaechi (dan amala of Daura), and other ministers that resigned will be unemployed for the rest of this administration. I wonder if the total emoluments they got as ministers since joining Buhari's cabinet was up to N100m. If not, these ones have played their earnings as cha-cha or kalu-kalu without winning.

The likes of Emefiele and Jonathan Goodluck got saved by the whiskers. While the likes of Orji Kalu and Ngige would be smiling somewhere. I heard Ahmad Lawan has gone to beg Asiwaju.

There goes the saying, do not put your trust in man
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by Nobody: 4:17am On Jun 09, 2022
YORUBA NATION IS OUR ONLY AGENDA
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by Ifearnoevil: 4:24am On Jun 09, 2022
The thing is people keep on giving Buhari the credit he doesn't deserve.
Buhari is totally detached from happenings around him and is completely in a world of his own.
Just as you said, it's very possible that Buhari was promising each and every one of them his total support which made each think he is the preferred candidate.

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by Pierce008: 4:35am On Jun 09, 2022
The convention further cement the fact that Buhari, is clueless

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by helinues: 4:53am On Jun 09, 2022
If Tinubu wasn't annointed un officially,he wouldn't have received such votes.

Oya, when some people were fuming about the consensus candidate, I told them it could be anyone including Tinubu cos his supporters are the majority against it
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by UncleDaddy2017(m): 5:15am On Jun 09, 2022
How foolish can Buhari be? Next time he'll learn to be decisive in his life and never to stay aloof.
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by helinues: 5:21am On Jun 09, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:
How foolish can Buhari be? Next time he'll learn to be decisive in his life and never to stay aloof.

There was back out from both Buhari and probably Osinbajo before the primary. There was no fight put off by Osinbajo. Both Osinbajo and Buhari wouldn't have received less than 300 votes
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by techWriter5: 5:21am On Jun 09, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:
The APC national convention has come and gone, I still wonder what happened that Buhari was not able to anoint his preferred candidate.
Either Buhari was being maradonic with most of the aspirants or he was aloof and lost focus as usual. This is because I do not understand how people would open their clear eyes and throw away N100m, with some even losing their ministerial appointment for nothing.

Let us look at it this way. Buhari may have actually promised some folks that he would support their presidential ambition. I mean, what would have given the likes of Osinbajo, Amaechi, Ogbonnaya Onu, Emeka Ihejiuba, Tunde Barake, and Godwin Emefiele the impetus to dole out N100m if nothing was promised them?

Yemi Osinbajo would not naturally be bold enough to stand against Awiwaju Bola Tinubu if Buhari did not assure him of his support. Neither would Amaechi, Onu, Ihejiuba, Akpabio and other ministers just leave the office for a wild-goose chase except Buhari promised them. Now following the message from Emeka Ihejiuba, I can conjecture the following:

1. Buhari, in his characteristic forgetfulness may have assured these people individually of his support without recalling what he promised. He even touted a preferred candidate that was never revealed.

2. Buhari may have assured multiple people of his anointing oil that never existed or only existed in the figment of the Aso rock "cabal".

3. Buhari may have jettisoned the preferred candidate option as a result of the outcome of the PDP primaries.

4, The Fulani have conspired to hold on to power beyond 2023 albeit for another 8 years, courtesy of an Atiku presidency.

Tunde Bakare, he now knows that he has zero support for his hallucination and bad dreams of becoming Nigeria's president. I guess he would have enough time now to research his Bible to understand when the rapture will happen.

Yemi Osinbajo, I am sorry that Yemi did not make it. Obviously, no one gave him any chance except that his vociferous media team was harping on Buhari's support. Even the last-minute push through the religious angle could not save him. As it stands now, Yemi will now return to his chamber as he is totally and absolutely finished politically.

Former ministers Ogbonnaya Onu, Emeka Ihejiuba, Rotimi Amaechi (dan amala of Daura), and other ministers that resigned will be unemployed for the rest of this administration. I wonder if the total emoluments they got as ministers since joining Buhari's cabinet was up to N100m. If not, these ones have played their earnings as cha-cha or kalu-kalu without winning.

The likes of Emefiele and Jonathan Goodluck got saved by the whiskers. While the likes of Orji Kalu and Ngige would be smiling somewhere. I heard Ahmad Lawan has gone to beg Asiwaju.

I think you are missing the point.

What if Buhari wanted to disenfranchise the entire south, by encouraging as many aspirants as possible, while a singular Northerner got the majority of the Northern vote? Then, he can claim plausible deniability for the lose of southern aspirants.

Atiku, to me, might have been his target, because a Lawan would not stand a chance against him. However, some Northern governors and other stakeholders, who have stake in the party, might have rejected the move. Just think about it.

The only painful part is that, if my assumptions are right, then Buhari might still have his way, as Tinubu is not the best candidate the south can present.

Regardless of the outcome of 2023, I know the south would do its own back.
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by helinues: 5:22am On Jun 09, 2022
techWriter5:

I think you are missing the point.

What if Buhari wanted to disenfranchise the entire south, by encouraging as many aspirant as possible, while a singular Northerner got the majority of the Northern vote? Then, he can claim plausible deniability for the lose of southern aspirants.

Atiku, to me, might have been his target, because a Lawan would not stand a chance against him. However, some Northern governors and other stakeholders, who have stake in the party, might have rejected the move. Just think about it.

The only painful part is that, if my assumptions are right, then Buhari might still have his way, as Tinubu is not the best candidate the south can present.

Regardless of the outcome of 2023, I know the south would do its own back.

The Apc North insisting on presidency coming to Southern Nigeria is a game itself.
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by techWriter5: 5:27am On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

The Apc North insisting on presidency coming to Southern Nigeria is a game itself.

Could you expatiate? To sabotage the candidate in the general elections?
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by Oshodipikin: 5:28am On Jun 09, 2022
Ok
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by helinues: 5:29am On Jun 09, 2022
techWriter5:

Could you expatiate? To sabotage the candidate in the general elections?

I don't spread unconfirmed conspiracy. Still in the making.

We wait and see how things pan out
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by juman(m): 5:32am On Jun 09, 2022
Buhari had made his choice.
Go and lick your wound.
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by shigishege: 5:33am On Jun 09, 2022
Buhari really really shame the Yaminrins
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by haffaze777(m): 5:42am On Jun 09, 2022
Let's wait till next week before we conclude,I know Buhari and I know he has annointed candidate that he will still unveil and impose on APC.

Ahmad Lawan is awa consexual candidate
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by Help2020: 5:49am On Jun 09, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:

Don't mind buhari that confused man. He told arise TV that he has a candidate but for security reason he didn't want to name him,and at the end he said he has no candidate, shameful.
Re: APC Convention: Where Is The Anointed Candidate? by joyandfaith: 6:06am On Jun 09, 2022
Southerners talk too much. Social media! Protests! Shouting international bodies. Very predictable people. Out of abundance of the mouth, heart speaks.
Northerners are largely unpredictable. They talk less. I see Atiku as the next president. Disaster.

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Debate With Peter Obi / My View On Labour Party Vice Presidential Candidate / Biafra Can Fight The FG And Defeat Them - Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.