Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers (53616 Views)

Amazing Moment Nigerian Police Officer Signs On A Graduating Student’s Shirt / Groundnut Seller Who Signed On A Graduating Student's Shirt Enrolled In School / SS2 Nigerian Student Stuns Her Teachers By Writing Upside Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by 9jaRealist: 8:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
irunoko:
that's not a certificate.its just usually a scroll.nothing inside.they Will tell them when to come back when the certificate is ready.unfortunately they'll likely step down hers for lack of character.meanwhile she thought she was embarrassing her teacher not knowing she was disgracing herself.by the time her to be husbands family sees this,she will know what's Up

Typical backward Nigerian mentality… grin

Thinking that “a husband” is the greatest accomplishment for females…
Meanwhile, hopefully enlightened folks (including in-laws) see someone who won’t stand for crap.
>
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Emmaomotob(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kingpele:
Pride goes before down fall. Humility is the best virtue everyone need to survive, if you can't determine how you're tomorrow will be ,u don't have right to brag ..my very good friend died yesterday afternoon, this guy is full of life and really doing well for himself, but we deposited him in mortuary yesterday evening, my senior that maltreated me when I was in junior secondary school happen to be my course mate in 2001 such is life so be humble
You are a mo.ron.
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by jehoha696(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
She just did the greatest mistake of her life,she go 8ter regret am...,unless the teachers no get mouth for dat school,let one graduating student try diz with me,unless ur papa naw minister wey get mouth,govnor wey him leg strong or one solid baba with enuf political backup,if not....,Aje u re a gonna
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by 9jaRealist: 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
Goldbw122:
Even if I don't know, it is good to be respectful, because that devil you didn't recognize today will recognize you tomorrow.
This life is 360° so what comes around goes around..

If you don’t know, you don’t have CONTEXT…
If the KKK or Agbero come for you, doubt you’ll be “respectful”.
>
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Leonbonapart(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
youngreezy:
no blame her,sone teachers Na winch ooo
if she's going out like that she hasn't graduated in many areas. Bunch of rebellion prik
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Osasking: 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
No matter what she shouldn't have done that
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by BigBrother9ja: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
[s]
9jaRealist:

We can already see that you are a CRUDE, PRIMITIVE, SEXIST MISOGYNIST…
So couldn’t really expect much from you, as one cannot share what one doesn’t have. SMH

However, for those misguidedly co-signing with you…
This is why so many Nigerians follow their corrupt and rapacious rulers like SHEEP.

With the caveat that none of us really know the backstory here, folks like you would’ve been berating all those students who protested Apartheid at US/UK universities by turning their backs at graduation or walking out on speakers at universities.

>
[/s]
You're a very senseless fellow and there's nothing sensible in that box on your neck

Oh low foe
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Lamasta(m): 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
E shock you grin

Certificates are awarded for character and learning but this one certificate na for only learning no character.
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by HellVictorinho4(m): 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
She no send
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by 9jaRealist: 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
jehoha696:
She just did the greatest mistake of her life,she go 8ter regret am...,unless the teachers no get mouth for dat school, let one graduating student try diz with me,unless ur papa naw minister wey get mouth,govnor wey him leg strong or one solid baba with enuf political backup,if not....,Aje u re a gonna

The typical power-drunk Nigerian mentality….
Have always said difference between the average Nigerian and SARS is the uniform and guns.

The “unless ur papa naw minister” carve-out…
Epitomizes why the so-called Nigerian “masses” eagerly bend down and grab their ankles for their oppressors. SMH
>
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by 9jaRealist: 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
BigBrother9ja:
You're a very senseless fellow and there's nothing sensible in that box on your neck

Oh low foe

Nobody expects any more from you than juvenile insults….
Like I noted, you cannot be expected to proffer any more than you have. SMH cheesy
>
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by TruthHurts100: 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
StagethemTVee:
This is the shocking moment a lady ignored congratulatory hand shake from her teachers as she walked across the podium to receive her certificate. This must be for reasons best known to her as she may have gone through hell on earth in the hands of the teachers.
Some of the teachers were visibly shocked at her behaviour but went on to award her certificate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4J1lHB6Fvg

She's still an illiterate even after graduation.
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Lamasta(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
jehoha696:
She just did the greatest mistake of her life,she go 8ter regret am...,unless the teachers no get mouth for dat school,let one graduating student try diz with me,unless ur papa naw minister wey get mouth,govnor wey him leg strong or one solid baba with enuf political backup,if not....,Aje u re a gonna

Though am not in support of the lady but if she chose not to shake her teachers so be it which one be if anyone try this with me, Mr man you can do nothing

1 Like

Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by TPound(m): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
You dare not try this with Mr Bizzo in LASMOCK badagry...

Those who attended the school in the late 90s to early 2000s should know him...

Na to wipe am lab hose for back be that grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by 9jaRealist: 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
irunoko:
shebi she will come and request for transcript, certificate or recommendation letter.na where she go hear am.you don't burn some certain bridges.thats one of the laws of power wink
channelstravel:
She'll come back for Recommendation letters grin
brainhgeek:
I don't think she needs her transcript anytime soon

It’s not Nigeria…

School “recommendation” in the US are your grades.
While the law courts will reward her handsomely if denied her transcript.
>
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Dagrace01(m): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
I did the same thing to my project supervisor.
He sucked heaven and earth out of me..
We later settled though!

1 Like

Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by aikyg(m): 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
That was a very wrong thing to do.I don't care what her story is, she does not have to do that.

1 Like

Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by irunoko(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
9jaRealist:

And so you think such racist attitudes should be emulated?! shocked

In the instant case, you cannot tell whether her so-called “attitude” is good or bad, without the benefit of s backstory (which none of us here have). Nonetheless, do you think (for example) that US students who protested against Apartheid at commencement (graduation) ceremonies in the 1990 (or 1980s) had “a very bad attitude” and should have been penalized?

CHANGE comes from disruption, not from uniformity. Your mindset epitomizes why Nigeria will likely never change.
>
irrespective of the nation or circumstances surrounding her situation just know that a bad attitude is like a flat tyre,no matter how beautiful the car is,he/she will never go anywhere talkless of going far as long as she has a bad attitude.its even worse if she performed that disgraceful stunt in the presence of her parents.it shows she has an uncouth behaviour and poor upbringing

Even during my own graduation there was one of the teachers present There that I didn't like (Afterall it's not every of your teachers that you will like in school) she shook my hands and smiled congratulated me with a handshake,I shook her hands and we exchanged pleantries on stage.
Guess what.when I came to request for my certificate,she was instrumental in helping me get my certificate without time wasting or stress that others will have to go through.she spoke to her sister on phone who happened to be in charge of that department (exams and records) and the needful was done.today we're friends so in this life there are no permanent friends or enemies what we have is a permanent interest.

Young ladies need to learn this and stop being stupid or making enemies were There is no need for it
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Davidonkonsults: 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
adioolayi:
She has forgotten the school owns the degree...

If found unworthy in character ..even, if you have graduated, IT CAN BE WITHDRAWN
Some of you are so used to abuse that you churn out meaningless cliches. A former boss I dealt with told me that the world is a small village. I told him that I am aware of that, but seems he wasn't aware when he was abusing.
Some of us cross mind to fvck people up. Are the teachers worthy in character? Go and withdraw her certificate for not greeting na.

3 Likes

Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by 9jaRealist: 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
TruthHurts100:
She's still an illiterate even after graduation.

Literacy is merely the capacity to read and write…
So don’t know if she’s illiterate or literate, but she’s definitely EDUCATED…

The utility of a real EDUCATION (not certification, favored in many of Nigeria’s “repeat after me” cram-and-regurgitate institutions) is the capacity of INDEPENDENT thought and action.

>
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Coldie(m): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
It’s these bad attitude these people go and start exhibiting in white dominated schools and still be shouting racism
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by 9jaRealist: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
irunoko:
irrespective of the nation or circumstances surrounding her situation just know that a bad attitude is like a flat tyre,no matter how beautiful the car is,he/she will never go anywhere talkless of going far as long as she has a bad attitude.its even worse if she performed that disgraceful stunt in the presence of her parents.it shows she has an uncouth behaviour and poor upbringing

Even during my own graduation there was one of the teachers present There that I didn't like (Afterall it's not every of your teachers that you will like in school) she shook my hands and smiled congratulated me with a handshake,I shook her hands and we exchanged pleantries on stage.
Guess what.when I came to request for my certificate,she was instrumental in helping me get my certificate without time wasting or stress that others will have to go through.she spoke to her sister on phone who happened to be in charge of that department (exams and records) and the needful was done.today we're friends so in this life there are no permanent friends or enemies what we have is a permanent interest.

Young ladies need to learn this and stop being stupid or making enemies were There is no need for it

I will ignore the primitive sexism…
But without knowing the “circumstances surrounding her situation” why do you keep insisting it’s a “bad attitude”?

Meanwhile, smiling and embracing at folks who are doing horrible things…
Merely encouraged to keep doing the same, if nothing else because they wouldn’t know they are offending others.
>
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by channelstravel: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
She'll come back for Recommendation letters grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by 9jaRealist: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
Coldie:
It’s these bad attitude these people go and start exhibiting in white dominated schools and still be shouting racism

Exactly! Racism does not exist, it’s just the “bad attitude” of black folks…smh undecided
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by irunoko(m): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Lamasta:

Though am not in support of the lady but if she chose not to shake her teachers so be it which one be if anyone try this with me, Mr man you can do nothing
I'm not in support of the girl's action to but you seem to underestimate how vindictive some of these teachers can get.some of them can deliberately hide her certificate and be stressing her around.e.g they'll say go and meet Mr Eze, when she gets into Mr ezes office that one Will say go and meet Stanley he will give you, when you get to Stanleys office,that one Will deliberately step out and she will be forced to wait for hours.after 3 hrs when Stanley comes back from where he went to eat,he will say go and meet Mr brown,brown will say the woman it is with has gone on leave.come back 2 months time.meanwhile by that time you need the certificate to start applying for Jobs.that is when it'll dawn on you about what you have done to yourself.after then you'll go and be kneeling down to beg all of them because you don't know who exactly is with your certificate
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by sokera: 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
She will regret it
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Omoluabi16(m): 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
Yemmysworld91:
I can't forget the day a guy that graduated a year before me came back to school and collected his certificate. He then saw a lecturer and was like " I don collect my certificate oh, no let me catch you for street" grin
Oga lecturer jejely walked into his office angry
Risky move The certificate is still the property of the school and could be withdrawn.
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by irunoko(m): 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
9jaRealist:

I will ignore the primitive sexism…
But without knowing the “circumstances surrounding her situation” why do you keep insisting it’s a “bad attitude”?

Meanwhile, smiling and embracing at folks who are doing horrible things…
Merely encouraged to keep doing the same, if nothing else because they wouldn’t know they are offending others.
>
madammmmmm don't bring sexism into this.this issue or situation has absolutely nothing to do with sexism so don't deviate from the issue.wrong is wrong irrespective of the gender doing it.stop justifying rubbish under the pretext of sexism.the girl was unnecessarily rude and that's being STUPID Because even if you are upset with your teacher, that was not the right way to display your displeasure.after the ceremony you could have confronted her respectfully and table your grievances logically.
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by Lamasta(m): 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
irunoko:
I'm not in support of the girl's action to but you seem to underestimate how vindictive some of these teachers can get.some of them can deliberately hide her certificate and be stressing her around.e.g they'll say go and meet Mr Eze, when she gets into Mr ezes office that one Will say go and meet Stanley he will give you, when you get to Stanleys office,that one Will deliberately step out and she will be forced to wait for hours.after 3 hrs when Stanley comes back from where he went to eat,he will say go and meet Mr brown,brown will say the woman it is with has gone on leave.come back 2 months time.meanwhile by that time you need the certificate to start applying for Jobs.that is when it'll dawn on you about what you have done to yourself.after then you'll go and be kneeling down to beg all of them because you don't know who exactly is with your certificate

Most Nigerian teachers act this way which is very very bad now tell me if a student that has been frustrated to this extent how will that student shake those teachers in public if the need for such arises
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by irunoko(m): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
Omoluabi16:
Risky move The certificate is still the property of the school and could be withdrawn.
exactly.if the teacher had taken it up with The University management about threat to his life, that certificate can be very much withdrawn

The man could just be I don't want wahala kind of man
Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by 9jaRealist: 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
aikyg:
That was a very wrong thing to do. I don't care what her story is, she does not have to do that.

Typical Naija sheep mentality…
“Don’t care” what the backstory is, just obey the last order. ZOMBIES! grin
>

Re: Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers by toprealman: 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
IKBARUTEN11:
Her grades may be good but her character is very bad

She should also work hard on her character.
Employers are watching.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Cambridge Black Boys’ Photo That Went Viral! Mostly Nigerians / No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 / Difference Between "AM" And "I'M"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.